What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Kawicka Mitchell to start @ MLB until Poz returns (1 Viewer)

Fighting Noles

Footballguy
I noticed Jene mentioned Buffalo should continue to be a high tackle opp. def. (he mentioned to try & snag Poz in RTD this week), and was curious what everyone thought about Mitchell as a bye week fill-in (or to pair with Poz until he returns if you own him)....About what LB tier would he be with Poz out? Comparable to who, etc.....Especially tackle heavy leagues.

Browns aren't a great tackle matchup this week. Mitchell has strong upside in the middle, though, and could be a LB2/3 depending on matchups.

Jene,

Approximately how long do you see Poz being out for with an injury like this?

I think Mitchell could produce some serious numbers while he takes the MLB role. Their defense is banged up bigtime and he should be on the field for virtually every play. I think he is gold right now, but for how long is the question.

Sleeperz said:
Jene, Approximately how long do you see Poz being out for with an injury like this? I think Mitchell could produce some serious numbers while he takes the MLB role. Their defense is banged up bigtime and he should be on the field for virtually every play. I think he is gold right now, but for how long is the question.
I'd expect 6-8 weeks.

Mitchell has been taken off the field on a cart after a leg injury. Not sure if it's a knee, ankle or ?
(Rotoworld) Bills MLB Kawika Mitchell was carted off with a knee injury early in the second quarter of Sunday's game.Analysis: Marcus Buggs has come on to replace Mitchell, who appears to be out for the game. The Bills are now without two starting linebackers, both starting safeties, and one starting cornerback.

FYI - Buggs came off with a leg injury too. He planted his leg awkwardly, that was his last play of the game. Me thinks they'll be starting someone off the street next week. Anyone available?

Poz is scheduled to be back in a few weeks.

For now, it sounds like Ellison will move inside and the OLB spots will be manned by Ashlee Palmer on the weakside and Jon Corto on the strong side. Not sure why Nic Harris isn't getting a shot yet.

After just 5 weeks of the season, the Bills will have 10 players on IR.

Poz is scheduled to be back in a few weeks.For now, it sounds like Ellison will move inside and the OLB spots will be manned by Ashlee Palmer on the weakside and Jon Corto on the strong side. Not sure why Nic Harris isn't getting a shot yet.After just 5 weeks of the season, the Bills will have 10 players on IR.
Looked like Ellison and Corto in the nickel. They'll have to find two backers from somewhere this week for special teams duty if nothing else. Likely to see a lot of Bryan Scott as a hybrid nickel backer again I'd think, assuming he can get back before Poz does (and possibly after as well).

Users who are viewing this thread