What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Keeper Help Needed! (1 Viewer)

highlander23

Footballguy
This is a standard (6 pts/TD, 1pt/10 yds) scoring league with no PPR.  However we get 1 pt for every 10 return yards (PR and KR) which can skew a few players and it is making my keeper decisions a little tougher.  I get 4 keepers and I am choosing from this group-

Odell Beckham, Dalvin Cook, Jordan Howard, Tarik Cohen, Tyler Lockett, JuJu

I have the #1 pick in the draft, so Barkley will be mine as well....I doubt anyone better will be cut.  We start 2RB and 2WR and there is no FLEX.

Beckham and Cook are the two I am solid on.  For the other 4, it is very close.  Howard and Cohen come out pretty close to each other in the projections, but Cohen's return yards put him over the top.  They both scored the same number of points in my league last year and it seems like Cohen is going to be used more as a receiver this year so I am leaning to him.  Strangely, Lockett is probably a lock to keep as well, as he falls as the #3 or 4 WR in my league in the projections.....he was #4 last year in total points and #6 in PPG- tied with JuJu.  I am a Steeler fan, so it is hard to let him go, but it sounds like Lockett may be more involved in the offense this year so it seems like he should be the guy.  

Thanks for your opinions!

Last edited by a moderator:
I think Lockett probably has the higher floor, and JuJu has the higher ceiling. With only starting 2 WRs, I think it might be a better strategy to take a higher floor guy. With Baldwin not 100% right now, Lockett may get a little bit more action to start the season. An injury to either Baldwin or Brown gives a huge boost to Lockett or Juju. It's really a tough call. Personally though, it's a heck of a lot of fun to have a guy on your fantasy team that is also your favorite "real life" team, especially when they have the capability to have some huge games and rip off 50+ yard TDs. So my head says Lockett, my heart says JuJu.

I find it hard to believe that Lockett vaults all the way to WR #3 for the entire league because of 1 pt per 10 return yards but if that is truly the case he is a must keep.  How can you throw back the overall #3 we in the league?

Last year's WR points in my league-

1. DeAndre Hopkins- 208, 13.9ppg

2. Antonio Brown- 207, 14.8ppg

3. Keenan Allen- 175, 10.9ppg

4. Tyler Lockett- 175, 10.9ppg

5. Tyreek Hill- 174, 11.6ppg

Lockett had 1186 return yards last year with 1TD (plus another 58 rushing yards), so that bumps his overall numbers up to 1799 yards and 3 TD.

Any other opinions on choosing between Cohen and Howard?  

Last year's WR points in my league-

1. DeAndre Hopkins- 208, 13.9ppg

2. Antonio Brown- 207, 14.8ppg

3. Keenan Allen- 175, 10.9ppg

4. Tyler Lockett- 175, 10.9ppg

5. Tyreek Hill- 174, 11.6ppg

Lockett had 1186 return yards last year with 1TD (plus another 58 rushing yards), so that bumps his overall numbers up to 1799 yards and 3 TD.

Any other opinions on choosing between Cohen and Howard?  
That seems absolutely insane.  I don't follow return yards much because generally they don't make a difference.  Did Lockett has some sort of crazy high yardage season?  Is that an outlier or typical for him?

That's pretty normal for him.  In 2016, he had 597 Rec yds with just 1 TD, but he finished #13 overall and #11 in PPG because he had another 849 return yards, plus 114 rushing yards and another TD there.  In 2015 he was incredible.  He had 664 Rec yds with 6TDs and then 1231 return yards with 2 more TD (only 20 rushing yards).  We didn't use return yards then, but if we had, he would have been the #2 overall and #2 ppg WR in the league after Antonio Brown.....and that was the year Brown had 136 catches with 1800+ yards.  There aren't too many players where return yards make such a difference, but Lockett is definitely one of them.  

That's pretty normal for him.  In 2016, he had 597 Rec yds with just 1 TD, but he finished #13 overall and #11 in PPG because he had another 849 return yards, plus 114 rushing yards and another TD there.  In 2015 he was incredible.  He had 664 Rec yds with 6TDs and then 1231 return yards with 2 more TD (only 20 rushing yards).  We didn't use return yards then, but if we had, he would have been the #2 overall and #2 ppg WR in the league after Antonio Brown.....and that was the year Brown had 136 catches with 1800+ yards.  There aren't too many players where return yards make such a difference, but Lockett is definitely one of them.  
Is NE going to use Patterson in the return game?  He might be another guy if he starts getting offensive snaps and they still use him in the return game that could be a sleeper for you late in this format. 

Users who are viewing this thread