What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Keeper Help (1 Viewer)

Wizards of Oz

Footballguy
Hi all,

I am over analyzing this so I figured I would bounce this off you guys. Who would you keep?

5x5 Roto (R, RBI, HR, SB, OBP, ERA, Whip, K, W, SV)

We play C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, OF(4), 2 UTL, and 7 Pitchers. 25 man total roster.

Everyone gets to keep $18 worth of keepers, Values are determined by round they are drafted and values increase $2 per year kept. Kept players are back loaded at the end of the draft.

Here is my roster.

Player - 2011 Keeper Cost

Matt Holliday 5

Bobby Abreu 4

Dustin Pedroia 4

José Reyes 4

Pablo Sandoval 4

Carlos González 3

Ryan Ludwick 3

Nyjer Morgan 3

A.J. Pierzynski 2

Yuniesky Betancourt 1

Orlando Hudson 1

Desmond Jennings 1

Logan Morrison 1

Scott Rolen 1

Carlos Santana 1

Player - 2011 Keeper Cost

Joakim Soria 4

Jair Jurrjens 3

David Price 3

Homer Bailey 2

Mat Latos 2

Brandon Lyon 2

Dallas Braden 1

Brian Duensing 1

Daniel Hudson 1

Carl Pavano 1

Edinson Vólquez 1

I am leaning on keeping either:

OPTION 1: Cargo(3), Holliday(5), Reyes(4), Carlos Santana(1), Price (3), and Latos(2)

OPTION 2: Cargo(3), Holliday(5), Pedroia(4), Carlos Santana(1), Price (3), and Latos(2)

OPTION 3: Cargo(3), Reyes (4), Pedroia(4), Carlos Santana(1), Price (3), Latos(2), Daniel Hudson (1)

OPTION 4: Something else.

Who would you keep.

Thanks,

Wiz

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't get cute. Dropping a potential stud like Reyes for non-elite arms is not a good decision imho. Cargo, Holliday, Pedroia, Reyes, and two of C Santana, D Hudson, and Volquez for me. I lean towards dropping Santana since it's a 1 C league, but if you're dead set on keeping him I slightly lean towards dropping Hudson over Volquez due to experience.

Don't get cute. Dropping a potential stud like Reyes for non-elite arms is not a good decision imho. Cargo, Holliday, Pedroia, Reyes, and two of C Santana, D Hudson, and Volquez for me. I lean towards dropping Santana since it's a 1 C league, but if you're dead set on keeping him I slightly lean towards dropping Hudson over Volquez due to experience.
Yet another option. Never even considered not keeping Price & Latos. I guess I was looking for more balance. Thanks for the feedback MAC_32

I think it's always important to keep all the elite bats you can. I'm not a fan of keeping SPs. Other than a few, you just can't trust them year to year. Too many preseason above-average and middle of the road pitchers fall flat on their face and too many gems come off the waiver wire during the season to worry too much about keeping non-elite pitchers.

Without a 2nd thought, I'd absolutely keep:

Cargo(3)

Holliday (5)

Pedroia (4)

Reyes (4)

After that, there'd be decisions to make about the remaining $2.

Santana and Hudson is probably the route I'd go (though I don't like keeping Cs much more than SPs, but it's probably the best option here).

I could see Latos, if you are in love with him, but I'd still go Santana/Hudson.

Users who are viewing this thread