What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Keeper league help (1 Viewer)

Fubars

Footballguy
Not sure this is the correct forum, but I'm in a 3 man NL-only keeper 5x5 scoring league. I've narrowed it down to 4 players:

Brandon Webb

Ryan Howard

Ryan Braun

Carlos Beltran

I'm picking last so there's probably not much of a chance any of these guys will make it back to me in an NL-only format. Thanks for your advice.

I'd drop Webb. Beltran is a second rounder in a redraft. Webb isn't.

Webb has been a consistent performer but he's pitched a ton of innings the past three years.

I'm a little surprised no one has mentioned to drop Braun. I remember picking him up from the waiver wire last year. I loved his work performance, but is he ranked that high?

Unload Beltran
I agree.Beltran's 5X5 numbers were great a few years ago.....because he stole 40+ a season. Those days are long gone.The power is still there, but the steals will stay right around 20 or so.Braun will give you more power, with AVG, while giving you similar SB numbers to Beltran......keep himHoward is all about power....he'll give you close to 50, his one downside seems to be in AVG.....but the power is there. Keeper.Webb is the man.....he now takes a backseat to Santana in the NL.......but they don't get much better than Webb......keep him too.

I'm a little surprised no one has mentioned to drop Braun. I remember picking him up from the waiver wire last year. I loved his work performance, but is he ranked that high?
Braun's numbers are sick(.324-91-34-97-15)all in 113 games......he does it all(and the 3B eligibility cinches him as a keeper)

Braun would be the first guy I kept.
Agreed.Don't even think about dropping Braun. Guy is a hitting machine.That being said, next year with just OF eligibility, he'll fade a bit in drafts.

Users who are viewing this thread