What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Kenny Watson (1 Viewer)

coachjim

Footballguy
This is a terrible matchup on paper. But looking at the Steelers past schedule I am thinking that Watson could do OK against them. 12-15 points?????

OF COURSE you start him, with confidence. He is the starter who also will catch passes. Scored what - 2-3 times last week? C'mon, don't overanalyze this.

Right now I am starting him over Portis. Both Watson and Portis have tough matchups but I think Watson has the momentum.

Last week he blew up - I expect Cincy to run the ball a fair amount and probably throw it to him more than normal.

Prediction - 65-75 yards rushing, 30-50 yard recieving - so 9-12 points. If he scores then it is a great week.

As for Portis - I expect the Redskins to struggle to move the ball - maybe 50 yards and a 1TD.

I am Starting SJax and Benching Watson.....I just don't see Watson going off on Pit. On the other hand I could see SJax having a Monster game. I am from the start your STUDS school of thought!

Watson is the go to guy inside the 5, and I can see Cincy ending up there a few times. I'm thinking 20 carries for 88 yards and a TD. Plus, he'll catch about 5 balls for about 35 as well.

I'm not afraid to start him at all!!!

I'm starting him but then again, I have McGahee on bye and injured Jamal Lewis.

I sure loved his production last week! :confused:

Starting him mainly due to other backs on bye. He should be good for a score hopefully..Should be above average in PPR leagues..

Elementary, my dear Watson. :thumbup:
I think Watson might do ok in what could be a shootout. He stands to catch some passes out of the backfield. I think there is a chance for 80 total yards and a score this week.Although, he is going against a tough Pittsburgh defense that could shut him down somewhat.How did Rudi do against them last season?

Elementary, my dear Watson. :goodposting:
I think Watson might do ok in what could be a shootout. He stands to catch some passes out of the backfield. I think there is a chance for 80 total yards and a score this week.Although, he is going against a tough Pittsburgh defense that could shut him down somewhat.How did Rudi do against them last season?
Watson is a marginal start as a #3 rb this week.

Elementary, my dear Watson. :confused:
Watson is a marginal start as a #3 rb this week.
I like Watson. I just fear that Pittsburgh will shut him down this week.Although, Cinci should put up some points.

Were it not for Reggie Bush playing the 49ers (he had 168 and 4 tds his last game against them) I'd probably be starting Kenny Watson against the fierce Steelers defense. I'm not scared just have a better option this week. Hopefully.

I keep waffling between Watson and Keith. Get the feeling Keith could get more carries in an Indy blowout. I might be over-analyzing, tho, and this will be a GTD for me.

Starting with semi-confidence. I heard an interview with Chad and he said that if teams arae going to continue to double both he and TJ, they will continue to feed Watson. So I think a reasonable projection is 15 carries and 3 or 4 receptions, which would be just fine with me.

Starting with semi-confidence. I heard an interview with Chad and he said that if teams arae going to continue to double both he and TJ, they will continue to feed Watson. So I think a reasonable projection is 15 carries and 3 or 4 receptions, which would be just fine with me.
Why only 15 touches? He had 30 plus last week.

Watson is an ok start.Rudi is out + this game could be a shootout.

I'd be happy with that for sure, but this is the Steelers we're talking about. I don't see the Bengals running nearly 70 offensive plays and going 7 for 10 on third down like they did against the Jets.

This may have been posted since I haven't read all the posts but the Steelers have only allowed 1 rushing td all season. With a good Pitts D combined with a porous Cincy offensive line I'm expecting a lot of Palmer sacks, thus forcing passing plays...eliminating Watson from the gameplan for the most part.

I have Watson and I'm sitting him in favor of Steven Jackson and Cedric Benson.

Last edited by a moderator:
OK, let me get this straight. The guy had all of one good game in his entire career, last week, and is now matched up against maybe the best defense in football in 2007 without his all pro tackle and yet he is a safe start. I'm not buying it.

18 carries 53 yds 3 catches 21 yards 0 TDs

If he's available consider Deshawn Wynn instead.

That said, the Bungles have some tasty matchups come fantasy playoff time so if you can stash Watson, you should do so. Who knows what's up with Rudi for the rest of this year.

Users who are viewing this thread