What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

krsone21 2012 PDSL Commentary (1 Viewer)

Bye Weeks look OK to me.

Peyton Manning 7

Tim Tebow 9

Ryan Matthews 7

BenJarvus Green-Ellis 8

Daniel Thomas 7

LaMichael James ?

Jonathan Dwyer 4

Taiwan Jones 5

Knowshon Moreno 7

Andre Johnson 8

Justin Blackmon ?

Lance Moore 6

Titus Young 5

Devin Hester 6

Jerome Simpson ?

Jermaine Gresham 8

Martellus Bennett 11

Sebastian Janikowski 5

Jay Feely 10

Dallas 5

(At least it is early so I can get immunity or many other teams can stink worse than mine)

Bye Week Assessment Time:

3.04 QB - Michael Vick (7)

6.13 QB - Joe Flacco (8)

1.04 RB - Shady McCoy, PHI, RB3(7)

8.13 RB - Stevan Ridley, NE, RB34 (9)

9.04 RB - David Wilson, ROOK, RB39 (?)

19.04 RB - Mario Fannin, DEN, RB73 (7)

21.04 RB - Bernard Price, ROOKIE, RB84 (?)

4.13 WR - Marques Colston, NO (6)

5.04 WR - Stevie Johnson, BUF (8)

7.04 WR - Robert Meachem, SD (7)

12.13 WR - Damian Williams, TEN (11)

16.13 WR - Alshon Jeffery, ROOKIE (?)

18.13 WR - Eddie Royal, SD (7)

20.13 WR - Lee Evans, JAC, WR100 (6)

2.13 TE - Vernon Davis, SF (9)

13.04 TE - Zach Miller, SEA (11)

14.13 - Matt Bryant, ATL, PK (7)

15.04 - Dan Bailey, DAL, PK (5)

10.13 - New England Patriots, D/ST (9)

11.04 - Philadelphia Eagles, D/ST (7)

17.04 - Indianapolis Colts, D/ST (4)

Looks pretty good so far.
20.13 Jeff Pasquino - Lee Evans, JAC, WR100 21.04 Jeff Pasquino - Bernard Price, ROOKIE, RB84

Depth added at RB and WR.

6.13 QB - Joe Flacco (8)

20.13 Jeff Pasquino - Lee Evans, JAC, WR100 21.04 Jeff Pasquino - Bernard Price, ROOKIE, RB84

When your runners look like this...1.04 RB - Shady McCoy, PHI, RB3(7)

It is not depth, it is hope. Maybe you should of took another runner instead of 3 Ds. I love when people hurt there teams when they have some lame strategy of picking a bunch of Ds.

Seriously is taking Indy D suppose to set someone back, if myself or someone else with 1 D took them is it really gonna help our teams much? Not really.

6.13 QB - Joe Flacco (8)

It is not depth, it is hope. Maybe you should of took another runner instead of 3 Ds. I love when people hurt there teams when they have some lame strategy of picking a bunch of Ds.

Seriously is taking Indy D suppose to set someone back, if myself or someone else with 1 D took them is it really gonna help our teams much? Not really.
Actually it does. I can't count the number of times that a "crappy" defense pulled through for me during a low week for my starting DST or on their bye week. Points are points.Now don't get me wrong, I'm not a fan of picking up a third DST, but even the crappy ones have their good weeks and every point counts!

6.13 QB - Joe Flacco (8)

You seem rather upset and annoyed that you didn't get your 2nd - albeit "Crappy" - defense.Indy has some strong matchups the 2 weeks I'd need them to be my 2nd D (home vs CLE and home vs. MIA), so works well for me.

Tough luck, man.

I almost always go "minimal RB2" in these things, especially if I have a Top 5 RB1. You have to "sluff" something to build effective teams in these Survivor leagues, especially with 16 teams and the need to get QB2 quickly.

Many teams have won with this pattern.

I'll take a few lottery tickets that are either Top 5 rookies (Wilson), a prospect with buzz in Denver (Fannin) and another rookie at RB. All I need are a few points here and there to compliment McCoy and Ridley.

Last edited by a moderator:
Updated with byes:

QB-RG3- 10

QB-Matt Cassell-7

QB-Ryan Tannehill-? Chance he ends up on Chiefs or shares same bye week since Miami has that week. Unless the Browns are putting out a giant smoke screen little chance he shares bye with RG3.

RB-DMAC/Goodson- 5

RB-Chris Johnson- 11

RB-Isiah Pead- ?

WR-Mike Wallace- 4

WR-Demaryius Thomas-7

WR-Jeremy Maclin- 7

WR-Davone Bess- 7

WR- Golden Tate-11

WR-Rueben Randel-? (hope not a team that plays in week7)

WR-Chaz Schilens- 9

TE-Jared Cook-11

TE-Brent Celek- 7

TE-Rob Housler- 10

D-Lions- 5

D-Packers-10

K- Gould-6

K- Lindell-8

Week 7 is the tough one with WR's 2-4, TE2, QB2 and possibly QB3 all out.. RB position is so thin any week CJ and the Raider combo are out will be tough if Pead or anyone else I draft is not a producing players.

Other than that the bye weeks worked out well. I addressed WR a little more than I planned after the schedule came out. If I'm alive in week 7 and survive I actually like the way it sets me up for every other week.

QB - Freeman(5), Fitzpatrick(8), Skelton(10)

Nothing flashy here, but should give me a solid score most weeks. Freeman and Fitzpatrick are both guys you can tell a good 2012 bounceback story for this year. Skelton had a few big games when he was in last year and I don't trust Kolb.

RB - Sproles(6), Martin(?), Miller(?), Polk(?), BScott(8)

Playing a dangerous game here, but one that could help me go the distance. Three top rookie backs with unknown destinations and a pass-catching back to hold down the position. I do think Scott is being underestimated and like where I got him. Work to do here.

WR - Nelson(10), Vjax (5), Djax (7), DBaldwin (11), Bennett (6), Morgan (10), Kerley (9)

Got a good bye week spread and big play upside in my top three. Baldwin, Bennett, and Kerley are all quality slot types who should notch 3-4 catches most weeks to provide a firewall in case the big guys strike out in any given week. Morgan was a BPA based on RG3's ability to create big plays for his receivers.

TE - Graham(6), HMiller (4)

Like Miller's potential to be used more as a receiver with Haley at OC and the personnel this offense has for him to use. Graham was an easy call at 6 with his potential to outpace even the 3-5 TEs by a good margin again this year.

PK - Longwell (11), Vinatieri (4)

Waited as long as I could

D/ST - Panthers (6), Rams (9)

Waited as long as I could

Ray Rice, BAL, RB2

Having pick 3 originally I knew I wanted to land one of Arian Foster, Ray Rice, or LeSean McCoy. Once teamramrod timed out and I moved up to pick number 2 my choice was easy and that was Ray Rice. I wanted a strong #1 RB so I can concentrate on my other positions later.

Eli Manning, NYG, QB7

Brandon Marshall, CHI, WR10

At the round 2 & 3 turn I wanted to land a QB,WR,or TE. I ended up picking Eli Manning & Brandon Marshall. I really didn't want to pick a QB at this point because I thought there was better value and WR & TE but it was going to be a long time before I picked again and I didn't know if there would be anything left at QB to choose from. So I picked Eli Manning because I really like his offensive weapons of Nicks and Cruz, plus the Giants added Bennett at TE. I knew that I wanted to get a strong #1 WR and I got that in Brandon Marshall. He is reunited with Cutler and I expect big numbers this year from Marshall as long as he stays out of trouble. Others players considered were Aaron Hernandez, Michael Vick, Jordy Nelson, Mike Wallace, & Greg Jennings.

Steve Smith, CAR, WR22

Fred Davis, WASH, TE11

With 4th & 5th round picks I knew I would be lookig at TE, WR, & RB . I knew if a TE fell that represented good value I wanted to grab him. I was able to get Fred Davis. If it wasn't for the suspension Fred Davis would have finished the season around TE 5. Not bad for the 11th TE off the board. Now I just need to hope he stays out of trouble and doesn't get suspended again. I decided to grat another WR at this point also. I was happy to land Steve Smith as WR22 especially considering he finished around WR 7 last year. That is the kind of value I like. I also considered Reggie Bush, Antonio Brown, Stevie Johnson, DeSean Jackson, & Jeremy Maclin. Some real good WR value at that point in the draft.

Sam Bradford, STL, QB19

DeAngelo Williams, CAR, RB29

With the 6th & 7th round I really didn't want to go with a second QB already but with so many picks in between for me I had to consider one now because there wouldn't have been much left when it got back to me again and I was right there was a big QB run in rounds 6 & 7. For my backup QB I decided to pick Sam Bradford. Since I had a good producing QB1 I wanted a high upside QB in Sam Bradford. I think he will turn it around this year. For my next pick I decided to go RB because the RB's would have dried up by the time it got back to me again and I liked DeAngelo Williams value here in the 7th. Other players considered were Andy Dalton, Malcolm Floyd, Torrey Smith & Pierre Garcon.

Greg Little, CLE, WR47

Kellen Winslow, TB, TE18

With my 8th & 9th round turn I was leaning towards targeting a WR and RB, thinking that I was going to wait a little while longer for TE. I was happy to get Little for my WR 3, I think he is going to have a nice bump in his numbers this year. Especially if Cleveland lands Richardson to help take pressure of the passing game. I was planning on taking a RB wi th my 9th pick but Kellen Winslow offered too much value to pass up at this point. Last year he finished around TE 12 and I was able to land him as TE 18. I think the Buccaneers passing game will turn around this year and Winslows numbers will improve some. Plus it was nice to get a decent backup to Fred Davis just in case he does decide to get stupid and get in trouble again. Other players considerd were Donald Brown, David Wilson, LeGarrett Blount, Lamar Miller, Titus Young, & Michael Floyd.

Shane Vereen, NE, RB49

Jonathan Baldwin, KC, WR54

With my 10th & 11th round picks I considered atleats grabbing 1 defense because there are so many picks before I picked again and I didn't want to be left with only getting 1 defense. But I dediced to gamble and concentrate on RB & WR with these two rounds. The RB's were starting to dry up so I wanted to concentrate on a high upside player in Shane Vereen. He was drafted fairly high by the Patriots last year. There was a lot of competition at the RB position last year in New England plus Vereen seem to be injured off and on as well. With Green-Ellis gone to Cincinnati and a full offseason for Vereen I think he will end up being a nice RB 3 for me. For my next pick I knew I was definitely picking a WR. I decided to grab a WR in Jonathan Baldwin. I think the Chiefs offense will be much improved this year with getting healthy players back and I think this could open things for Baldwin. Other players considered were Randall Cobb, Doug Baldwin, Jacoby Ford, & Toby Gerhart.

Seattle Seahawks, D/ST16

Kansas City Chiefs, D/ST18

Since I decided to wait on defenses I knew with the 12th & 13th round picks I needed to land two because there probably wouldn't be two left if I waited any more especially with the long gaps between my picks. I think I got two good defenses for waiting a little while to draft one. No other positions were considered here I was going defense all the way.

I'm happy so far with how my draft has gone. Only time will tell however if I will be competitive or not.

Delone Carter, INDY, RB58

Steve Smith, STL, WR72

At this point in the draft the PK run started, but I knew that I wasn't going to get caught up in the PK frenzy and land me a RB and WR to give me more depth at those positions. Both are starting to get a little thin but I think Delone Carter will get his share of carries this year. If Donald Brown fails to deliver the goods then I could have a steal hear in the 14th round, well worth the shot at this point in the draft. I took another shot on a WR that had some good seasons in the past before a major knee injury and that was Steve Smith from the Rams. Steve Smith is now two years removed from his major knee injury so I'm hoping he can get back close to his 2009 form. Once again well worth the risk at this point in the draft. I like to take a few risks because hitting on a later round player is gold in the survivor leagues. Other players considered were Josh Morgan, Montario Hardesty, Taiwan Jones, & Jordan Shipley.

Mike Nugent, CIN, PK23

Connor Barth, TB, PK24

I think waiting through the PK frenzy paid off. I feel like I landed two PK's that have safe jobs. Plus by waiting like I did I was guaranteed that they would have different bye weeks. I feel real good about my PK's. Mike Nugent finished around PK 7 last year and I got him as the 23rd kicker off the board. I also really like the Connor Barth pick as well because I think the Buccaneers offense will be vastly improved this year and that will lead to more points for Barth. Other players considered were other kickers, I was going kicker all the way here at this turn.

So far, so good. Could be worse that's for sure, probably could be better as well. I think it will be a team that can compete. Adding good depth in the last part of the draft will be key though. Like I said hitting on a late pick can do wonders for a survivor team.

I also got real lucky with the bye weeks. My only real bye week issue is week 6 when my top two WR's have the same bye, but it definitely could be alot worse.
Early Doucet, AZ, WR88Mohamed Sanu, ROOKIE, WR91

I was looking to go WR with the 18th & 19th round picks though I did consider RB & TE also. Doucet went for about 700 yards and 5 TD's last year, I was happy to get him as my 6th wr. If he comes even close to the production then he should help to get me a few scoring weeks especially during the week 6 bye of my top 2 WR's. Mohamed Sanu was just a what the heck pick. Roll the dice and see what happens. Other players considered were Dion Lewis, Joe McKnight, Danny Woodhead, & Anthony Fasano.

Ronnie Hillman, ROOKIE, RB82

Jerrel Jernigan, NYG, WR102

For my round 20th & 21st round pick I was looking to land a RB, WR, or TE, just depending who was there when I picked. For my 20th round pick I ended up choosing Ronnie Hillman as my 5th running back. Ronnie Hillman was another what the heck pick. Has some upside so I figure take a shot and see where he lands next week during the draft. For my 21st pick I was eyeing Jerrel Jernigan for some time. It sounds like the Giants have high hopes for him. The 3rd WR on the Giants seems to average around 700 yds and around 5 TD's so if Jernigan can win that WR #3 position in New York then this could be a steal this late in the draft. Of course we will have to wait and see. Other players considered were, Kevin Boss, Dwayne Allen, Bernard Pierce, Donnie Avery, Jeremy Kerley, & Tony Scheffler.

Strong value pick by Bloom (of course) on Kuhn. Sniped me there.

Kuhn was the last RB on the board with >2 TDs last year (he had 4) and that's $ in these types of leagues. A TD in a week can make you a RB2 quite easily. Good pick.

'Jeff Pasquino said:
'Phenix said:
'Jeff Pasquino said:

6.13 QB - Joe Flacco (8)

You seem rather upset and annoyed that you didn't get your 2nd - albeit "Crappy" - defense.Indy has some strong matchups the 2 weeks I'd need them to be my 2nd D (home vs CLE and home vs. MIA), so works well for me.

Tough luck, man.

I almost always go "minimal RB2" in these things, especially if I have a Top 5 RB1. You have to "sluff" something to build effective teams in these Survivor leagues, especially with 16 teams and the need to get QB2 quickly.

I'll take a few lottery tickets that are either Top 5 rookies (Wilson), a prospect with buzz in Denver (Fannin) and another rookie at RB. All I need are a few points here and there to compliment McCoy and Ridley.
When ever anyone brings it up in discussion that ovbiously means they are upset, right? Or just simply discussing the bad move on your part because that move helps your team zero. :thumbup:

'Jeff Pasquino said:
'Phenix said:
'Jeff Pasquino said:

6.13 QB - Joe Flacco (8)

Tough luck, man.

When ever anyone brings it up in discussion that ovbiously means they are upset, right? Or just simply discussing the bad move on your part because that move helps your team zero. :thumbup:
:lmao: The Colts will count for me at least once... assuming I'm still alive come December.

'Jeff Pasquino said:
'Phenix said:
'Jeff Pasquino said:

6.13 QB - Joe Flacco (8)

Tough luck, man.

:lmao: The Colts will count for me at least once... assuming I'm still alive come December.
The way you draft, that is assuming a lot. :boxing:

Rookies :rolleyes: .....and for the record - you are clearly bent you got locked out of your 2nd team D. You've been #####ing since I took my 3rd and you realized it was coming.

Rookies :rolleyes: .....and for the record - you are clearly bent you got locked out of your 2nd team D. You've been #####ing since I took my 3rd and you realized it was coming.
Oh please its just some friendly banter, and I have zero top 4 finishes. I'm new to these. ;)
I thought some of your answers showed that you were relatively new to these.D/ST and PK go earlier than you expect due to scarcity. Variance in scoring for both also increases value for having 2 solid or even 3 of each, if you have the roster room.With 16 teams and good drafters, it's hard to get a guy to slip through. You basically have to pick your poison and decide what position will be weak. Usually WR3BC or RB2BC is a valid option, especially if you get a stud WR1 or RB1 respectively.That's the planning though. With us pre-NFL Draft, there's lots we cannot control at all and we have incomplete info at this point. If I knew Wilson was going to be a Week 1 starter at tailback, I'd certainly never get him when I did. Bloom and I are rolling 3 sets of dice on rookie RBs and hoping for the best. We can afford to do that with 24 roster spots. That's just one approach and he and I seem to have mirrored our attempts at building our respective teams.

M. Stafford Hesitated to take him this early, but there weren't any other players that screamed value to me @ 1.13. Seemed like a definite tier drop after Fitz. I'll be happy with him if he can stay healthy.

M. Flynn Not looking for numbers like his record breaking game in GB, but he should be the starter in Seattle

C. Henne Hes not a world beater, but hes better than Gabbert

M. Lynch Could have gone with more upside, but I needed a safe pick after taking a QB with past injury concerns in the 1st round

I. Redman Probably my most questionable pick, but its looking like Mendenhall is going to be out awhile & the Steelers arent in a rush to get him back. Redman should be the primary back even if they bring in a rookie

F. Jones Seems like every one forgot about Felix. He should still get a decent amount of touches. Hes too explosive to keep on the bench

K. Smith The RB that just wont go away. Best is a ding away from done. LeShore should get a suspension & they shouldnt trust a rookie to keep their franchise QB upright in pass protection

D. McCluster Happy to get McCluster as a RB in this format.

Anthony Allen - Came to my last pick & I knew I wanted another RB but wasn't happy with what was still available. When I saw Ricky Williams listed on the RB stats from last yr, it dawned on me that he retired so I looked up his potential replacement. Googled Allen and found a couple of articles saying that he should get 1st dibs on replacing Ricky. Good enough for me.

Ju. Jones Was stoked that Julio fell to me at the bottom of the 3rd. Looking for a huge year.

D. Bowe Getting Bowe in the 4th was the icing on the Julio cake.

M. Crabtree Ill take Crabtree as a #3 WR any day. Hopefully the old diva can draw coverage from the new diva.

E. Sanders Somewhat of a homer pick. Wards absence should allow more targets for Sanders.

D. Gettis Hoping he can come back at the level he finished his rookie campaign.

H. Douglas Looking for the occasional 3 catch 120yd game

J. Avant Safety blanket for Vick

A. Binns With Simpson gone & Shipley more suited for the slot, I think Binns has a good chance to get some playing time. Being opposite AJ Green should help also.

O. Daniels Injury history scares me, but he produces when hes in.

E. Dickson Ill settle for another 50 60 reception yr, but hoping for a break out.

E. Moore Clevelands version of Hernandez. Wish they had a QB to get it to him.

S. Hauschka Waited on a kicker & took the one with the best field goal % available

R. Succop See Hauschka, Stephen

Cinicinnati 9th ranked D in the NFL last year and 12th in my main league's scoring. 21st D off the board

Arizona Meh its a 2nd D.

Probably dooming myself to a week 1 exit, but I think this is the best team I've put together in the 5 or so years I've been doing the survivor leagues. Weakest spot is RB, but with a few breaks it could even be pretty good.

M. Stafford – Hesitated to take him this early, but there weren't any other players that screamed value to me @ 1.13. Seemed like a definite tier drop after Fitz. I'll be happy with him if he can stay healthy.

M. Flynn – Not looking for numbers like his record breaking game in GB, but he should be the starter in Seattle

C. Henne – He’s not a world beater, but he’s better than Gabbert

M. Lynch – Could have gone with more upside, but I needed a safe pick after taking a QB with past injury concerns in the 1st round

I. Redman – Probably my most questionable pick, but it’s looking like Mendenhall is going to be out awhile & the Steelers aren’t in a rush to get him back. Redman should be the primary back even if they bring in a rookie

F. Jones – Seems like every one forgot about Felix. He should still get a decent amount of touches. He’s too explosive to keep on the bench

K. Smith – The RB that just won’t go away. Best is a ding away from done. LeShore should get a suspension & they shouldn’t trust a rookie to keep their franchise QB upright in pass protection

D. McCluster – Happy to get McCluster as a RB in this format.

Anthony Allen - Came to my last pick & I knew I wanted another RB but wasn't happy with what was still available. When I saw Ricky Williams listed on the RB stats from last yr, it dawned on me that he retired so I looked up his potential replacement. Googled Allen and found a couple of articles saying that he should get 1st dibs on replacing Ricky. Good enough for me.

Ju. Jones – Was stoked that Julio fell to me at the bottom of the 3rd. Looking for a huge year.

D. Bowe – Getting Bowe in the 4th was the icing on the Julio cake.

M. Crabtree – I’ll take Crabtree as a #3 WR any day. Hopefully the old diva can draw coverage from the new diva.

E. Sanders – Somewhat of a homer pick. Ward’s absence should allow more targets for Sanders.

D. Gettis – Hoping he can come back at the level he finished his rookie campaign.

H. Douglas – Looking for the occasional 3 catch 120yd game

J. Avant – Safety blanket for Vick

A. Binns – With Simpson gone & Shipley more suited for the slot, I think Binns has a good chance to get some playing time. Being opposite AJ Green should help also.

O. Daniels – Injury history scares me, but he produces when he’s in.

E. Dickson – I’ll settle for another 50 – 60 reception yr, but hoping for a break out.

E. Moore – Cleveland’s version of Hernandez. Wish they had a QB to get it to him.

S. Hauschka – Waited on a kicker & took the one with the best field goal % available

R. Succop – See Hauschka, Stephen

Cinicinnati – 9th ranked D in the NFL last year and 12th in my main league's scoring. 21st D off the board

Arizona – Meh it’s a 2nd D.

Probably dooming myself to a week 1 exit, but I think this is the best team I've put together in the 5 or so years I've been doing the survivor leagues. Weakest spot is RB, but with a few breaks it could even be pretty good.
Solid at QB even with QB2 not proven. "B" (hard to get an A/A+ in these)RB is an issue, as you state. Lynch as RB1 is OK, but not Top 16 likely. Felix Jones wasn't forgotten, we just don't like him :) Redman/Smith/Allen all lottery tickets, with Redman best upside. Would've liked to see maybe a Top 5-6 rookie RB here for some more upside. "C-"

WR is pretty good at the top with Julio and Bowe, although QB an issue for Bowe. The rest of them have upside, but the TDs will not be numerous. I passed on Avant despite many catches because they're using Maclin/TE/McCoy more. Good depth though. "B-"

TE - OD is solid but not spectacular. Rumors now that HOU might draft a TE, and Casey may steal looks. Evan Moore has nice upside, but QB isn't good. I think Pitta >> Dickson. "C"

PK - KC and SEA (again a Seahawk), but two with jobs. "C"

DEF - AZ/CIN. Solid, not great. "C"

General comment - not thrilled with the double-dips at the offense in Seattle (Flynn/Lynch) nor at the passing game in ATL (Julio/Harry Douglas)

With some breaks this team can stick around, but I don't know if there's enough upside to win it all.

Philip Rivers, SD, 7

Jake Locker, TEN, 11

Matt Hasselbeck, TEN, 11

I really expect Rivers to have a bounce back year and get back into the Top 5 QB. He should keep me up with basically any other QB scoring in the league. Locker and Hasselback have a solid match up against the Bills pass D during Rivers bye. I expect Locker or Hasselback to be able to put up respectable scoring this year with weapons such as CJ2K, Britt, and Jared Cook.

Maurice Jones-Drew, JAX, 6

Mark Ingram, NO, 6

Mike Tolbert, CAR, 6

Kendall Hunter, SF, 9

Cedric Benson, FA, ??

Javon Ringer, TEN 11

Curtis Brinkley, SDC 7

Some serious bye week issues in week 6 for my top 3 RB's. The NFL scheduling screwed me here, but hopefully I can survive. I like the core of MJD and Ingram. Hunter should increase his workload as Gore continues to slow. He should get plenty of receptions and opportunities as the 3rd down back in San Fran. Tolbert and Brinkley have the opportunity to be TD vultures. It scares me that Benson has had very few looks during free agency, but I would assume he gets a few phone calls as we get closer to training camps. If CJ2k would go down, Ringer should get the first opportunity to become the lead back.

Kenny Britt, TEN, 11

Mike Williams, TB, 5

Sidney Rice, SEA, 11

Andre Caldwell, DEN, 7

Stephen Hill, ROOKIE, ??

Legadu Naanee, MIA 7

Anthony Gonzalez, NEP 9

Dane Sanzenbacher, CHI 6

My top 3 (Britt, Williams, Rice) should be solid weekly contributors, but I am worried about each of them either coming back from injury or down years. Britt has the makings of a STUD WR and should get back into the form he had to begin 2011 quickly. Williams should benefit from being covered by the #2 DB each week. If Caldwell gets the #2 or #3 WR job in Denver, he should put up solid numbers with #18 behind center. Naanee - someone has to catch the ball in South Beach, right?? Gonzalez should fit in very well with a QB like Brady, if he makes the team in very crowded WR competition. Sanzenbacher started developing a nice chemistry with Cutler before the QB got hurt last year. Hill is my lottery ticket, but I fear he is just a combine warrior.

Brandon Pettigrew, DET, 5

Lance Kendricks, STL, 9

Julius Thomas, DEN, 7

Pettigrew should be a top TE again this year. I am expecting Kendricks to raise his game after struggling (just like the entire Rams offense) last year. Julius Thomas may still be a year away, but not sure Denver will keep both Tamme and Dressen if Thomas shows he can handle the role in Denver.

Neil Rackers, HOU, 8

Josh Scobee, JAX, 6

Nothing great. Rackers should be a good scorer with the Texans. Kubiak isn't afraid to take FG's and rely on his stout D. Scobee might be one of the few people that will score this year in JAX.

Denver Broncos, 7

Screwed myself by only getting 1 D, but I am expecting Denver D to really take the next step when they aren't always playing tight games or worrying that if they give up 14 points the game might be over. The pass rush could be devastating if they consistently play with a lead and have the ability to pin their ears back and get after the opposing QB.

M. Stafford – Hesitated to take him this early, but there weren't any other players that screamed value to me @ 1.13. Seemed like a definite tier drop after Fitz. I'll be happy with him if he can stay healthy.

M. Flynn – Not looking for numbers like his record breaking game in GB, but he should be the starter in Seattle

C. Henne – He’s not a world beater, but he’s better than Gabbert

M. Lynch – Could have gone with more upside, but I needed a safe pick after taking a QB with past injury concerns in the 1st round

I. Redman – Probably my most questionable pick, but it’s looking like Mendenhall is going to be out awhile & the Steelers aren’t in a rush to get him back. Redman should be the primary back even if they bring in a rookie

F. Jones – Seems like every one forgot about Felix. He should still get a decent amount of touches. He’s too explosive to keep on the bench

K. Smith – The RB that just won’t go away. Best is a ding away from done. LeShore should get a suspension & they shouldn’t trust a rookie to keep their franchise QB upright in pass protection

D. McCluster – Happy to get McCluster as a RB in this format.

Ju. Jones – Was stoked that Julio fell to me at the bottom of the 3rd. Looking for a huge year.

D. Bowe – Getting Bowe in the 4th was the icing on the Julio cake.

M. Crabtree – I’ll take Crabtree as a #3 WR any day. Hopefully the old diva can draw coverage from the new diva.

E. Sanders – Somewhat of a homer pick. Ward’s absence should allow more targets for Sanders.

D. Gettis – Hoping he can come back at the level he finished his rookie campaign.

H. Douglas – Looking for the occasional 3 catch 120yd game

J. Avant – Safety blanket for Vick

A. Binns – With Simpson gone & Shipley more suited for the slot, I think Binns has a good chance to get some playing time. Being opposite AJ Green should help also.

O. Daniels – Injury history scares me, but he produces when he’s in.

E. Dickson – I’ll settle for another 50 – 60 reception yr, but hoping for a break out.

E. Moore – Cleveland’s version of Hernandez. Wish they had a QB to get it to him.

S. Hauschka – Waited on a kicker & took the one with the best field goal % available

R. Succop – See Hauschka, Stephen

Cinicinnati – 9th ranked D in the NFL last year and 12th in my main league's scoring. 21st D off the board

Arizona – Meh it’s a 2nd D.

like everything you did except henne over shaun hill, thought he was a slam dunk for you, much more likely to save your team than Henne.

Philip Rivers, SD, 7

Jake Locker, TEN, 11

Matt Hasselbeck, TEN, 11

I really expect Rivers to have a bounce back year and get back into the Top 5 QB. He should keep me up with basically any other QB scoring in the league. Locker and Hasselback have a solid match up against the Bills pass D during Rivers bye. I expect Locker or Hasselback to be able to put up respectable scoring this year with weapons such as CJ2K, Britt, and Jared Cook.

Mark Ingram, NO, 6

Mike Tolbert, CAR, 6

Kendall Hunter, SF, 9

Cedric Benson, FA, ??

Javon Ringer, TEN 11

Curtis Brinkley, SDC 7

Some serious bye week issues in week 6 for my top 3 RB's. The NFL scheduling screwed me here, but hopefully I can survive. I like the core of MJD and Ingram. Hunter should increase his workload as Gore continues to slow. He should get plenty of receptions and opportunities as the 3rd down back in San Fran. Tolbert and Brinkley have the opportunity to be TD vultures. It scares me that Benson has had very few looks during free agency, but I would assume he gets a few phone calls as we get closer to training camps. If CJ2k would go down, Ringer should get the first opportunity to become the lead back.

Kenny Britt, TEN, 11

Mike Williams, TB, 5

Sidney Rice, SEA, 11

Andre Caldwell, DEN, 7

Stephen Hill, ROOKIE, ??

Legadu Naanee, MIA 7

Anthony Gonzalez, NEP 9

Dane Sanzenbacher, CHI 6

My top 3 (Britt, Williams, Rice) should be solid weekly contributors, but I am worried about each of them either coming back from injury or down years. Britt has the makings of a STUD WR and should get back into the form he had to begin 2011 quickly. Williams should benefit from being covered by the #2 DB each week. If Caldwell gets the #2 or #3 WR job in Denver, he should put up solid numbers with #18 behind center. Naanee - someone has to catch the ball in South Beach, right?? Gonzalez should fit in very well with a QB like Brady, if he makes the team in very crowded WR competition. Sanzenbacher started developing a nice chemistry with Cutler before the QB got hurt last year. Hill is my lottery ticket, but I fear he is just a combine warrior.

Lance Kendricks, STL, 9

Julius Thomas, DEN, 7

Pettigrew should be a top TE again this year. I am expecting Kendricks to raise his game after struggling (just like the entire Rams offense) last year. Julius Thomas may still be a year away, but not sure Denver will keep both Tamme and Dressen if Thomas shows he can handle the role in Denver.

Neil Rackers, HOU, 8

Josh Scobee, JAX, 6

Nothing great. Rackers should be a good scorer with the Texans. Kubiak isn't afraid to take FG's and rely on his stout D. Scobee might be one of the few people that will score this year in JAX.

Denver Broncos, 7

Screwed myself by only getting 1 D, but I am expecting Denver D to really take the next step when they aren't always playing tight games or worrying that if they give up 14 points the game might be over. The pass rush could be devastating if they consistently play with a lead and have the ability to pin their ears back and get after the opposing QB.
other than RB bye issues, i would be a little worried about your WR. TBMW could continue slide downward and Rice can't stay healthy. Britt is not exactly a sure thing to stay healthy either. very little baseline production locked in after those 3.

Philip Rivers, SD, 7

Jake Locker, TEN, 11

Matt Hasselbeck, TEN, 11

Mark Ingram, NO, 6

Mike Tolbert, CAR, 6

Kendall Hunter, SF, 9

Cedric Benson, FA, ??

Javon Ringer, TEN 11

Curtis Brinkley, SDC 7

Kenny Britt, TEN, 11

Mike Williams, TB, 5

Sidney Rice, SEA, 11

Andre Caldwell, DEN, 7

Stephen Hill, ROOKIE, ??

Legadu Naanee, MIA 7

Anthony Gonzalez, NEP 9

Dane Sanzenbacher, CHI 6

Lance Kendricks, STL, 9

Julius Thomas, DEN, 7

Neil Rackers, HOU, 8

Josh Scobee, JAX, 6

Denver Broncos, 7

other than RB bye issues, i would be a little worried about your WR. TBMW could continue slide downward and Rice can't stay healthy. Britt is not exactly a sure thing to stay healthy either. very little baseline production locked in after those 3.
I agree with Bloom on the WR concern.RB byes - if you had to pick a week to have an issue, "early" > "late", so 6 is better than 7, 8, 9.... so that helps some.

Not thrilled with TE depth and the issue with one defense, plus Rivers is off that same week.

If you get past Weeks 6 and 7 you could do OK, but the depth at DEF and WR are issues. I like the double-dip at QB for TEN, and that could pay off with Britt - or hurt you at the same time. Rivers should certainly help offset bad weeks. You need RB Ingram to really step up as I don't see much from the rest of the RBs (and I know about weak RBs, thanks). Benson may help here too.

I'd throw this team out there as "average", not stellar in any one category and a few holes.

QB: T Brady, K Kolb, R Mallet

I wanted one of the top QBs, and Brady was one of the last ones. It allowed me to wait, but I think I waited a wee-bit too long. Kolb will be the

starter at the beginning of the season. It's a matter of health and performance as to whether he finishes the season as the starter. Mallet was a

nice late-late round handcuff, which a 24-round draft allows us to do.

RB: M Forte, F Jackson, M LeShoure, R Mendenhall, D Woodhead, L Washington

If Forte and Jackson can stay healthy, I firmly believe this can be one of the best 1-2 punches in the leagues. LOTS of points in the receiving

game. It's a matter of Jackson's age and Forte's contract/attitude that might nix my plans. But there's a lot of time between now and Sept. so

I'm not worried about it...yet. I'm taking a risk on LeShoure, but I waited a long time to get RB3, so I sure hope he can give my Leos some semblance of

a running game. Mendenhall was a late-round prayer that I hope will pan out. Even if he doesn't play in the first few games, it's not a big deal. And

to be honest, I wouldn't expect the Steelers to rush him. But once the bye weeks kick in, that's when I will need him to start his comeback. Woodhead and

Washington were late-round pickups, but both could easily outproduce their ADP with catches out of the backfield.

WR: S Moss, A Boldin, N Washington, M Floyd, J Ford, D Henderson, D Branch, D Briscoe

Not the best group of WRs, but overall I kinda like it. Moss, Boldin, and Washington are all #1 or #2 WRs on their respective teams. The others will have

their dud weeks, but hopefully step up when I need them. The bye weeks worked out perfectly, so I'm not missing huge chunks anywhere on this team.

TE: T Gonzalez, S Chandler, J Shockey

I wanted one of the top-tiered TEs, and when it came around to my turn in round 3, it was either Gonzo or Pettigrew. After those two, I felt it dropped off

considerably. So I may have reached a bit on Gonzo, but this being the last of his Hall of Fame seasons, I think the Falcons will feed him, and feed him a lot.

I am hoping Chandler stays with the Bills, as I like what I see developing there. Especially if they were to nab someone like Michael Floyd. Shockey was a

late-round pickup and even though he splits with Olsen, I think he's arguably the best #2 TE on a team in the NFL. So I should get SOME points out of him.

K: M Prater, S Suisham

Two starting kickers -- CHECK.

DEF: BILLS, SAINTS

Two starting DSTs -- CHECK.

1.10 Cam Newton, CAR, QB3 6

14.07 Blaine Gabbert, JAX, QB32 6

20.07 Josh Johnson, SF, QB36 9

24.07 Joe Webb, MIN, QB42] 11

Happy with Cam obviously, but it got gross after that. I considered QB2 in the 5th but the WR value was too good. I looked at it again in the 6th, but felt it prudent to get my first tight end. Looked again in 7th, but Denarius Moore fell into my lap and I wasn't that keen on Kolb/Smith/Flynn anyway. By the time 8.07 rolled around there was no one left but Ponder. In hindsight, perhaps I should have taken him there instead of Hillis to pair with Webb later. After Ponder went, I knew it was going to be a long time before I even considered another QB. I even flirted with the idea of going solo with Cam. When Gabbert was still sitting there in the 14th I figured what the hell. The NFL schedule came out shortly after and I got hosed on the bye weeks with Both CAR and JAX getting a week 6 bye. I scrambled and added two upside QBs that certainly have a chance at starting some point this season, but probably not by week 6 unless there is an injury. Maybe Webb can score on a gadget play and at least put a few points that week.

2.07 Adrian Peterson, MIN, RB9 11

3.10 Steven Jackson, STL, RB15 9

8.07 Peyton Hillis, KC, RB31 7

11.10 Toby Gerhart, MIN, RB50 11

16.07 Alex Green, GB, RB63 10

I like my RB crew quite a bit. Probably more than most would. I was thrilled when AP made it back to me at 2.07. I am firmly in the camp that he will be ready sooner than we might expect. I wouldn't be surprised to see him miss less than 3 regular season games. Just in case, I grabbed Gerhart in the 11th. SJax is old, but he can still be elite. I'm hoping Richardson doesn't fall to the Rams. With these two guys I should be ahead of the curb each week at RB. Hillis is a MUCH better value than Charles in the 3rd imo. I think he definitely has more TDs than Charles. Green will split time with Starks and could get as much as 30-40% of the snaps assuming that the Packers don't add another RB early, which is certainly possible. One more back for depth would have been nice but I'm pretty happy here.

4.07 Miles Austin, DAL, WR16 5

5.10 Reggie Wayne, INDY, WR29 4

7.10 Denarius Moore, OAK, WR38 5

9.10 Randy Moss, SF, WR48 9

18.07 Arrelious Benn WR TBB 5

19.10 Donald Jones, BUF, WR93 8

21.10 Jericho Cotchery, PIT, WR107 4

23.10 Joseph Morgan, NO, WR117 6

My top 3 are pretty damn good for only investing a 4th, 5th, and 7th. Wayne is being pretty undervalued this offseason. I think he is a value anywhere outside the top 20. Moore easily has top 20 upside and was a real steal at WR38. Who knows what Moss has left, but he seems motivated and a motivated Moss has yet to fail. The problem is that he needs a special QB with a nice deep ball and the courage to just throw it up there and let his guy go get it. Alex Smith doesn't really fill either of those needs. Maybe Josh Johnson gets a shot? Call me crazy but I have Benn projected with more receptions than TBMW. Jones is one of my breakout candidates, but Buffalo certainly drafts another WR. Maybe even Michael Floyd. Cotchery got signed to a new 2 year deal so they clearly want him around. If Wallace gets traded or Sanders gets hurt again then he becomes their WR3, which could produce a few scorable games. Very happy to have him. Morgan is a longshot in New Orleans, but he is currently sitting at WR4. I can definitely see him passing Henderson and if Colston misses his usual 1-2 games a year he could get a shot.

6.07 Jacob Tamme, DEN, TE14 7

12.07 Tony Moeaki, KC, TE24 7

13.10 Kellen Davis, CHI, TE27 6

22.07 James Casey, HOU, TE44 8

What a mess... Definitely some upside here though. I planned to grab VD in the 2nd, but couldn't resist getting AP there. Plan B was Finley in the 3rd, but SM took him the pick before. I see a pretty big drop off after Finley so elected to wait because the WR value in the 4th and 5th was too good. I ended up grabbing Tamme in the 6th. He should be the lead pass catching tight end in DEN due to Peyton's familiarity with him, but there are a lot of guys there so who knows. Julius Thomas could certainly take the reins if he can get healthy. Moeaki seemed like great value in the 12th, but with Bowe, Baldwin, and Charles there, he probably is option 3-4 at best. There has been some hype behind Kellen Davis in the last couple weeks. I didn't see him play at all last year, but he should have the most TE production in Chicago, whatever that's good for. With Dreesen moving on, maybe now Casey can have an impact for more than one game. I didn't plan on going 4 deep here, but the bye week monster hit my top 2 here also. That combined with the fact I only got 1 DST helped make the adding a 4th decision pretty easy.

15.10 valence - Josh Brown, STL, PK18 9

17.10 valence - Phil Dawson, CLE, PK25 10

2 mediocre ones with different byes.

10.07 San Francisco 49ers, D/ST2 9

Yea I only got one, but at least it's a good one! I meant to get a 2nd one and actually planned on getting 3. That jerk SM had to go and take 4 of em though. I should have taken my second in at 13.10 instead of Kellen Davis I guess. Actually the 16.07 would have been fine. I certainly didn't need to take RB5 there over DST2

Overall I'm happy with it. I wish I had a 2nd D, 1 less QB and 1 more RB, but I think this team will be competitive. Weeks 5 and 6 will be especially tough but if I make it out of there then I have to survive a week with a zero at D in week 9.

I wanted one of the top QBs, and Brady was one of the last ones. It allowed me to wait, but I think I waited a wee-bit too long. Kolb will be the

starter at the beginning of the season. It's a matter of health and performance as to whether he finishes the season as the starter. Mallet was a

If Forte and Jackson can stay healthy, I firmly believe this can be one of the best 1-2 punches in the leagues. LOTS of points in the receiving

game. It's a matter of Jackson's age and Forte's contract/attitude that might nix my plans. But there's a lot of time between now and Sept. so

I'm not worried about it...yet. I'm taking a risk on LeShoure, but I waited a long time to get RB3, so I sure hope he can give my Leos some semblance of

a running game. Mendenhall was a late-round prayer that I hope will pan out. Even if he doesn't play in the first few games, it's not a big deal. And

to be honest, I wouldn't expect the Steelers to rush him. But once the bye weeks kick in, that's when I will need him to start his comeback. Woodhead and

Washington were late-round pickups, but both could easily outproduce their ADP with catches out of the backfield.

WR: S Moss, A Boldin, N Washington, M Floyd, J Ford, D Henderson, D Branch, D Briscoe

Not the best group of WRs, but overall I kinda like it. Moss, Boldin, and Washington are all #1 or #2 WRs on their respective teams. The others will have

their dud weeks, but hopefully step up when I need them. The bye weeks worked out perfectly, so I'm not missing huge chunks anywhere on this team.

I wanted one of the top-tiered TEs, and when it came around to my turn in round 3, it was either Gonzo or Pettigrew. After those two, I felt it dropped off

considerably. So I may have reached a bit on Gonzo, but this being the last of his Hall of Fame seasons, I think the Falcons will feed him, and feed him a lot.

I am hoping Chandler stays with the Bills, as I like what I see developing there. Especially if they were to nab someone like Michael Floyd. Shockey was a

late-round pickup and even though he splits with Olsen, I think he's arguably the best #2 TE on a team in the NFL. So I should get SOME points out of him.

Why Mallet over Hoyer? Pretty sure he would get the first shot if Tom went down.RB is rough after FJax. Mendenhall isn't getting on the field until perhaps the end of the season. Leshoure is a complete unknown.

WR makes me a bit nervous too.

Why Mallet over Hoyer? Pretty sure he would get the first shot if Tom went down.RB is rough after FJax. Mendenhall isn't getting on the field until perhaps the end of the season. Leshoure is a complete unknown.

I was wondering the same thing....kinda thought that made the Mallet pick a little bit of a waste...on top of the Mendy one which you know is a waste for a while...

3.04 QB - Michael Vick, PHI (7)

23.04 QB - Mike Kafka, PHI (7)

6.13 QB - Joe Flacco, BAL (8)

22.13 RB - Cyrus Gray, ROOKIE, RB90 (?)

24.13 TE - Niles Paul, WASH (10)

23.04 QB - Mike Kafka, PHI (7)

22.13 RB - Cyrus Gray, ROOKIE, RB90 (?)

24.13 TE - Niles Paul, WASH (10)

Comments:

I pretty much knew that by taking Vick I would have to handcuff him. That makes a ton of sense in Survivor with 24 picks.

At RB late I really wanted goal line value from John Kuhn, but it wasn't to be (thanks as usual, Sig). Late snipes by staffers - always happens.

Oh well, another lottery ticket with Cyrus Gray. We'll see where he lands.

Speaking of lottery tickets, thought Fasano might slip to me (thanks Rene) but no, didn't happen. So I take the new TE2 for Washington in Niles Paul. Now let's hope he actually gets a few TDs.

Overall I'm happy with the team and I need the right amount of luck at RB in the NFL Draft. If I get that I'm strong at QB, TE, PK and D and have good depth / high end guys at WR. If RB2 pans out and McCoy holds up this team could be a winner.

I was wondering the same thing....kinda thought that made the Mallet pick a little bit of a waste...on top of the Mendy one which you know is a waste for a while...
Repeating the same question on Hoyer vs. Mallett.I didn't see Mendy as a bad pick though as I kept eying him (with my RB2 value challenged, for sure). I think it is a decent gamble when all you have to be is "not last" for most of the year. Upside in December can win these things.

Happy with Cam obviously, but it got gross after that. I considered QB2 in the 5th but the WR value was too good. I looked at it again in the 6th, but felt it prudent to get my first tight end. Looked again in 7th, but Denarius Moore fell into my lap and I wasn't that keen on Kolb/Smith/Flynn anyway. By the time 8.07 rolled around there was no one left but Ponder. In hindsight, perhaps I should have taken him there instead of Hillis to pair with Webb later. After Ponder went, I knew it was going to be a long time before I even considered another QB. I even flirted with the idea of going solo with Cam. When Gabbert was still sitting there in the 14th I figured what the hell. The NFL schedule came out shortly after and I got hosed on the bye weeks with Both CAR and JAX getting a week 6 bye. I scrambled and added two upside QBs that certainly have a chance at starting some point this season, but probably not by week 6 unless there is an injury. Maybe Webb can score on a gadget play and at least put a few points that week.

I like my RB crew quite a bit. Probably more than most would. I was thrilled when AP made it back to me at 2.07. I am firmly in the camp that he will be ready sooner than we might expect. I wouldn't be surprised to see him miss less than 3 regular season games. Just in case, I grabbed Gerhart in the 11th. SJax is old, but he can still be elite. I'm hoping Richardson doesn't fall to the Rams. With these two guys I should be ahead of the curb each week at RB. Hillis is a MUCH better value than Charles in the 3rd imo. I think he definitely has more TDs than Charles. Green will split time with Starks and could get as much as 30-40% of the snaps assuming that the Packers don't add another RB early, which is certainly possible. One more back for depth would have been nice but I'm pretty happy here.

My top 3 are pretty damn good for only investing a 4th, 5th, and 7th. Wayne is being pretty undervalued this offseason. I think he is a value anywhere outside the top 20. Moore easily has top 20 upside and was a real steal at WR38. Who knows what Moss has left, but he seems motivated and a motivated Moss has yet to fail. The problem is that he needs a special QB with a nice deep ball and the courage to just throw it up there and let his guy go get it. Alex Smith doesn't really fill either of those needs. Maybe Josh Johnson gets a shot? Call me crazy but I have Benn projected with more receptions than TBMW. Jones is one of my breakout candidates, but Buffalo certainly drafts another WR. Maybe even Michael Floyd. Cotchery got signed to a new 2 year deal so they clearly want him around. If Wallace gets traded or Sanders gets hurt again then he becomes their WR3, which could produce a few scorable games. Very happy to have him. Morgan is a longshot in New Orleans, but he is currently sitting at WR4. I can definitely see him passing Henderson and if Colston misses his usual 1-2 games a year he could get a shot.

What a mess... Definitely some upside here though. I planned to grab VD in the 2nd, but couldn't resist getting AP there. Plan B was Finley in the 3rd, but SM took him the pick before. I see a pretty big drop off after Finley so elected to wait because the WR value in the 4th and 5th was too good. I ended up grabbing Tamme in the 6th. He should be the lead pass catching tight end in DEN due to Peyton's familiarity with him, but there are a lot of guys there so who knows. Julius Thomas could certainly take the reins if he can get healthy. Moeaki seemed like great value in the 12th, but with Bowe, Baldwin, and Charles there, he probably is option 3-4 at best. There has been some hype behind Kellen Davis in the last couple weeks. I didn't see him play at all last year, but he should have the most TE production in Chicago, whatever that's good for. With Dreesen moving on, maybe now Casey can have an impact for more than one game. I didn't plan on going 4 deep here, but the bye week monster hit my top 2 here also. That combined with the fact I only got 1 DST helped make the adding a 4th decision pretty easy.

Yea I only got one, but at least it's a good one! I meant to get a 2nd one and actually planned on getting 3. That jerk SM had to go and take 4 of em though. I should have taken my second in at 13.10 instead of Kellen Davis I guess. Actually the 16.07 would have been fine. I certainly didn't need to take RB5 there over DST2

Overall I'm happy with it. I wish I had a 2nd D, 1 less QB and 1 more RB, but I think this team will be competitive. Weeks 5 and 6 will be especially tough but if I make it out of there then I have to survive a week with a zero at D in week 9.
Good QB1, iffy QB2. "B"Good RBs but thin, and injury issues could snag you - but you got the 'cuff in MIN plus goal line love in Hillis. One more RB would have made it an "A". "B+"

Like the WRs1-4, after that a little sketchy. A better WR5 would be an "A". "B+"

TE, yeouch. You need Tamme to be a stud, and after that all the TEs are iffy to be Top 24 even. You might be able to sell a story for each one, but combined it is a lot of risk and 4 picks to cover that TE position. Could have been much better. "D+/C-".

PK - Two kickers for bad offenses. "C-"

D - One team in SF who is good, but you really need two. "B-"

Week 9 could be tough. No D, 1 PK, no SJAX, no Randy Moss. That could be the pitfall (aside from Cam's bye).

Overall I tend to favor the WR grade the most, so despite issues I gauge this as as "B" overall. If you change a WR or RB pick in the Top 6 rounds into a TE and take RB/WR at Round 7 I think the team would have been better.

Cutler Chi 5

Palmer Oak 6

Strong pair

CJohnson Det 5

ABrown Pit 4

TSmith Balt 8

RCobb GB 10

GSalas stl 9

CPearcy atl 7

DWylie kc 7

Mjones cin 8

Strong starters, weak depth. Threw darts at rookies at the end to see if anything sticks.

Richardson Cle 7

Bush Chi 5

Brown Colts 4

Thomas NO 6

Snelling 7

Turbin ?

Interesting crew here. Not sure what I have here as almost all of these situations are different than last year.

Gates SD 7

Pitta Balt 8

Allen ind 4

Solid.

Atlanta DST 7

Titans 11

Redskins 10

Should be in good shape with 3.

Carpenter Mia 7

Bironas Ten 11

Weak offenses but strong kickers. Wash.

Overall I am not feeling too confident in this team. Seems like a mid tier team. Having 6 rookies I will need to revisit after this wkend.

Cutler Chi 5Palmer Oak 6Strong pairCJohnson Det 5ABrown Pit 4TSmith Balt 8RCobb GB 10GSalas 9CPearcy ?DWylie ?Mjones ?Strong starters, weak depth. Threw darts at rookies at the end to see if anything sticks. Richardson ?Bush Chi 5Brown Colts 4Thomas NO 6Snelling 7Turbin ?Interesting crew here. Not sure what I have here as almost all of these situations are different than last year. Gates SD 7Pitta Balt 8Allen ?Solid. Atlanta DST 7Titans 11Redskins 10Should be in good shape with 3.Carpenter Mia 7Bironas Ten 11Weak offenses but strong kickers. Wash.Overall I am not feeling too confident in this team. Seems like a mid tier team. Having 6 rookies I will need to revisit after this wkend.
QB - Good pair, but volatile. Could have a hit or miss week for both. Early byes do help. B+RB - Richardson and Bush as starters. Risky for sure as you don't know if Forte returns nor if Richardson goes somewhere iffy. A solid starter along with either would have been better, but risk / reward. I give it a B- but has A- to C- range.WR - Calvin, ABrown (not sure he's a WR2), Good upside at WR3 and 4 with T.Smith (Whom I wanted) and Randall Cobb (nice WR4 if he gets really involved in Packer offense). Depth is suspect. "B"TE - I like Pitta more than Dickson. Gates solid when healthy. Rookie with upside. A-.PK - Good PKs, you undersold them. B+D - 3 defenses and WASH and TEN underrated (esp. with 4 games vs. Colts and Jaguars). A-.Overall B+. Nice job. If RB pans out you could be in very good shape.

Good QB1, iffy QB2. "B"Good RBs but thin, and injury issues could snag you - but you got the 'cuff in MIN plus goal line love in Hillis. One more RB would have made it an "A". "B+"

Like the WRs1-4, after that a little sketchy. A better WR5 would be an "A". "B+"

TE, yeouch. You need Tamme to be a stud, and after that all the TEs are iffy to be Top 24 even. You might be able to sell a story for each one, but combined it is a lot of risk and 4 picks to cover that TE position. Could have been much better. "D+/C-".

PK - Two kickers for bad offenses. "C-"

D - One team in SF who is good, but you really need two. "B-"

Week 9 could be tough. No D, 1 PK, no SJAX, no Randy Moss. That could be the pitfall (aside from Cam's bye).

Overall I tend to favor the WR grade the most, so despite issues I gauge this as as "B" overall. If you change a WR or RB pick in the Top 6 rounds into a TE and take RB/WR at Round 7 I think the team would have been better.
I Took Tamme in the 6th and DMoore in the 7th. After I missed on Finley in the 3rd, the next TE that came back to me would have been Fred Davis. I personally don't see much value or separation in the Gonzo/Pettigrew/Gresham/Davis/Daniels tier. I certainly couldn't have passed up Austin for one of those. In the 2nd I could have taken VD as planned, but AP in the mid second was too hard to pass up. In the first I certainly wasn't going to reach for Witten. I just never felt like I was in a good spot to land a top TE except in the 2nd with AP on the board.

Cutler Chi 5Palmer Oak 6Strong pairCJohnson Det 5ABrown Pit 4TSmith Balt 8RCobb GB 10GSalas 9CPearcy ?DWylie ?Mjones ?Strong starters, weak depth. Threw darts at rookies at the end to see if anything sticks. Richardson ?Bush Chi 5Brown Colts 4Thomas NO 6Snelling 7Turbin ?Interesting crew here. Not sure what I have here as almost all of these situations are different than last year. Gates SD 7Pitta Balt 8Allen ?Solid. Atlanta DST 7Titans 11Redskins 10Should be in good shape with 3.Carpenter Mia 7Bironas Ten 11Weak offenses but strong kickers. Wash.Overall I am not feeling too confident in this team. Seems like a mid tier team. Having 6 rookies I will need to revisit after this wkend.
Like the QB pair and top 3 WRs but I think you coulda done better than 3 rookies to fill out the bench. RBs are weird. If Trent is as good as we think he is and Forte gets traded you could be really strong here. TEs are solid as long as Gates foot holds up.WR depth is going to be what gets you I think.

Matt Schaub 8, Andy Dalton 8, Matt Moore 7

Liked my pair until the schedule came out. Have to hope Tanenhill doesn't go to the Dolphins, or that he doesn't start until after week 8.

Arian Foster 8, Reggie Bush 7, Ben Tate 8, Jahvid Best 5, LaRod Stevens-Howling 10

On of, if not the best, RB squad in the league, especially if Bush repeats or improves last years numbers. Probably should have passed on Best, but I didn't care for any of the WR's that were there, except for Moss, who I didn't think would go so early.Just need Best to stay healthy and have a few of those explosive games (week 8 especially)

Greg Jennings 10, Malcolm Floyd 7, Nate Burleson 5, Jabbar Gaffney 10, David Nelson 8, Kevin Walter 8, Adrian Arrington 6, Jason Hill 7

Had planned on taking more than eight WR's, especially since I didn't take my third until the 10th. Would have taken another instead of Moore if I didn't have to try to cover the QB bye weeks and probably shouldn't have taken Kevin Boss and went with another WR.

Aaron Hernandez 9, Joel Dreesen 7, Kevin Boss 7

Loved getting Hernandez as the 6th TE off the board, as he has top 2 or 3 upside. Manning loves his TE's, so I thought Dreesen was a steal in the 17th, compared to Jacob Tamme in the 6th. Boss seemed like good value in the 21st, but probably should have gone with one of the WR's that were taken right after him.

Houston 8, San Diego 7

Good pair, although I should have probably went with a different the Jets or Philly instead of Houston, since I have Schaub and Foster

Cundiff 8, Mare 6, Zuerlein ?

Possibly 3 kickers maybe just 1, we will see how it all shakes out. Was planning on Blair Walsh, but Shadowmaster snagged him before I had a chance.

Not my best effort, (haven't really been in to FF as much as in the past few years, and less time with a new job too), and will need a lot of luck to make it through week 8.

Repeating the same question on Hoyer vs. Mallett.I didn't see Mendy as a bad pick though as I kept eying him (with my RB2 value challenged, for sure). I think it is a decent gamble when all you have to be is "not last" for most of the year. Upside in December can win these things.
Eh, just not convinced Hoyer is worth a flip. Apparently NE does, trying to wave him in front of teams for a ridiculous pick or more. I'm just convinced that if NE drafted Mallet where they did, they view him either as the long term heir-apparent to Brady or will groom him the way they did Cassel and try to trade him away similarly. In my book, Mallet > Hoyer, but we're talking a late 23rd rounder, so even if it ends up being a waste, it's not much of a loss. By the end of the season, there will be MANY wasted picks by most, if not all of us.

crazy how WR remained the value pick from the 3rd thru the 7th. would have drafted differently if I could have anticipated that

Ray Rice, BAL, RB2

Having pick 3 originally I knew I wanted to land one of Arian Foster, Ray Rice, or LeSean McCoy. Once teamramrod timed out and I moved up to pick number 2 my choice was easy and that was Ray Rice. I wanted a strong #1 RB so I can concentrate on my other positions later.

Eli Manning, NYG, QB7

Brandon Marshall, CHI, WR10

At the round 2 & 3 turn I wanted to land a QB,WR,or TE. I ended up picking Eli Manning & Brandon Marshall. I really didn't want to pick a QB at this point because I thought there was better value and WR & TE but it was going to be a long time before I picked again and I didn't know if there would be anything left at QB to choose from. So I picked Eli Manning because I really like his offensive weapons of Nicks and Cruz, plus the Giants added Bennett at TE. I knew that I wanted to get a strong #1 WR and I got that in Brandon Marshall. He is reunited with Cutler and I expect big numbers this year from Marshall as long as he stays out of trouble. Others players considered were Aaron Hernandez, Michael Vick, Jordy Nelson, Mike Wallace, & Greg Jennings.

Steve Smith, CAR, WR22

Fred Davis, WASH, TE11

With 4th & 5th round picks I knew I would be lookig at TE, WR, & RB . I knew if a TE fell that represented good value I wanted to grab him. I was able to get Fred Davis. If it wasn't for the suspension Fred Davis would have finished the season around TE 5. Not bad for the 11th TE off the board. Now I just need to hope he stays out of trouble and doesn't get suspended again. I decided to grat another WR at this point also. I was happy to land Steve Smith as WR22 especially considering he finished around WR 7 last year. That is the kind of value I like. I also considered Reggie Bush, Antonio Brown, Stevie Johnson, DeSean Jackson, & Jeremy Maclin. Some real good WR value at that point in the draft.

Sam Bradford, STL, QB19

DeAngelo Williams, CAR, RB29

With the 6th & 7th round I really didn't want to go with a second QB already but with so many picks in between for me I had to consider one now because there wouldn't have been much left when it got back to me again and I was right there was a big QB run in rounds 6 & 7. For my backup QB I decided to pick Sam Bradford. Since I had a good producing QB1 I wanted a high upside QB in Sam Bradford. I think he will turn it around this year. For my next pick I decided to go RB because the RB's would have dried up by the time it got back to me again and I liked DeAngelo Williams value here in the 7th. Other players considered were Andy Dalton, Malcolm Floyd, Torrey Smith & Pierre Garcon.

Greg Little, CLE, WR47

Kellen Winslow, TB, TE18

With my 8th & 9th round turn I was leaning towards targeting a WR and RB, thinking that I was going to wait a little while longer for TE. I was happy to get Little for my WR 3, I think he is going to have a nice bump in his numbers this year. Especially if Cleveland lands Richardson to help take pressure of the passing game. I was planning on taking a RB wi th my 9th pick but Kellen Winslow offered too much value to pass up at this point. Last year he finished around TE 12 and I was able to land him as TE 18. I think the Buccaneers passing game will turn around this year and Winslows numbers will improve some. Plus it was nice to get a decent backup to Fred Davis just in case he does decide to get stupid and get in trouble again. Other players considerd were Donald Brown, David Wilson, LeGarrett Blount, Lamar Miller, Titus Young, & Michael Floyd.

Shane Vereen, NE, RB49

Jonathan Baldwin, KC, WR54

With my 10th & 11th round picks I considered atleats grabbing 1 defense because there are so many picks before I picked again and I didn't want to be left with only getting 1 defense. But I dediced to gamble and concentrate on RB & WR with these two rounds. The RB's were starting to dry up so I wanted to concentrate on a high upside player in Shane Vereen. He was drafted fairly high by the Patriots last year. There was a lot of competition at the RB position last year in New England plus Vereen seem to be injured off and on as well. With Green-Ellis gone to Cincinnati and a full offseason for Vereen I think he will end up being a nice RB 3 for me. For my next pick I knew I was definitely picking a WR. I decided to grab a WR in Jonathan Baldwin. I think the Chiefs offense will be much improved this year with getting healthy players back and I think this could open things for Baldwin. Other players considered were Randall Cobb, Doug Baldwin, Jacoby Ford, & Toby Gerhart.

Seattle Seahawks, D/ST16

Kansas City Chiefs, D/ST18

Since I decided to wait on defenses I knew with the 12th & 13th round picks I needed to land two because there probably wouldn't be two left if I waited any more especially with the long gaps between my picks. I think I got two good defenses for waiting a little while to draft one. No other positions were considered here I was going defense all the way.

I'm happy so far with how my draft has gone. Only time will tell however if I will be competitive or not.

Delone Carter, INDY, RB58

Steve Smith, STL, WR72

At this point in the draft the PK run started, but I knew that I wasn't going to get caught up in the PK frenzy and land me a RB and WR to give me more depth at those positions. Both are starting to get a little thin but I think Delone Carter will get his share of carries this year. If Donald Brown fails to deliver the goods then I could have a steal hear in the 14th round, well worth the shot at this point in the draft. I took another shot on a WR that had some good seasons in the past before a major knee injury and that was Steve Smith from the Rams. Steve Smith is now two years removed from his major knee injury so I'm hoping he can get back close to his 2009 form. Once again well worth the risk at this point in the draft. I like to take a few risks because hitting on a later round player is gold in the survivor leagues. Other players considered were Josh Morgan, Montario Hardesty, Taiwan Jones, & Jordan Shipley.

Mike Nugent, CIN, PK23

Connor Barth, TB, PK24

I think waiting through the PK frenzy paid off. I feel like I landed two PK's that have safe jobs. Plus by waiting like I did I was guaranteed that they would have different bye weeks. I feel real good about my PK's. Mike Nugent finished around PK 7 last year and I got him as the 23rd kicker off the board. I also really like the Connor Barth pick as well because I think the Buccaneers offense will be vastly improved this year and that will lead to more points for Barth. Other players considered were other kickers, I was going kicker all the way here at this turn.

So far, so good. Could be worse that's for sure, probably could be better as well. I think it will be a team that can compete. Adding good depth in the last part of the draft will be key though. Like I said hitting on a late pick can do wonders for a survivor team.

I also got real lucky with the bye weeks. My only real bye week issue is week 6 when my top two WR's have the same bye, but it definitely could be alot worse.

Early Doucet, AZ, WR88

Mohamed Sanu, ROOKIE, WR91

I was looking to go WR with the 18th & 19th round picks though I did consider RB & TE also. Doucet went for about 700 yards and 5 TD's last year, I was happy to get him as my 6th wr. If he comes even close to the production then he should help to get me a few scoring weeks especially during the week 6 bye of my top 2 WR's. Mohamed Sanu was just a what the heck pick. Roll the dice and see what happens. Other players considered were Dion Lewis, Joe McKnight, Danny Woodhead, & Anthony Fasano.

Ronnie Hillman, ROOKIE, RB82

Jerrel Jernigan, NYG, WR102

For my round 20th & 21st round pick I was looking to land a RB, WR, or TE, just depending who was there when I picked. For my 20th round pick I ended up choosing Ronnie Hillman as my 5th running back. Ronnie Hillman was another what the heck pick. Has some upside so I figure take a shot and see where he lands next week during the draft. For my 21st pick I was eyeing Jerrel Jernigan for some time. It sounds like the Giants have high hopes for him. The 3rd WR on the Giants seems to average around 700 yds and around 5 TD's so if Jernigan can win that WR #3 position in New York then this could be a steal this late in the draft. Of course we will have to wait and see. Other players considered were, Kevin Boss, Dwayne Allen, Bernard Pierce, Donnie Avery, Jeremy Kerley, & Tony Scheffler.
Ladarius Green, ROOKIE, TE45Brandon Saine, GB, RB92

Mohamed Massaquoi, CLE, WR127

At this point I was throwing darts at a dart board. With TE scoring being at such a premium with 2pts. per reception I thought it would be a mistake not to take a flyer on one of the rookie TE's and see what happens. Hopefully he lands in a spot that has a different bye week then my other 2 TE's so that I can have atleast 2 possible scores each week. Brandon Saine was just a shot in the dark. There is a chance that GB could draft another RB but if they don't then Saine has a shot at getting some carries. Mohamed Massaquoi is another big shot in the dark. He has been a dissapointment after a promising rookie season. There is also a good chance that Cleveland drafts another WR in the draft but if they don't then hopefully Massaquoi can take the next step this season, probably just wishful thinking on my part but stranger things have happened in the NFL. Plus with the addition of Massaquoi I have the Mohamed WR market cornered between having Mohamed Massaquoi and Mahamed Sanu. Other players considered here at these 3 spots were Devon Wylie, Marcel Reece, Baron Batch, Clyde Gates, Anthony Allen, Todd Heap, Ramses Barden & Marvin Jones.

(11) Eli Manning, NYG, QB7

(9) Sam Bradford, STL, QB19

(8) Ray Rice, BAL, RB2

(6) DeAngelo Williams, CAR, RB29

(9) Shane Vereen, NE, RB49

(4) Delone Carter, INDY, RB58

(?) Ronnie Hillman, ROOKIE, RB82

(10) Brandon Saine, GB, RB92

(6) Brandon Marshall, CHI, WR10

(6) Steve Smith, CAR, WR22

(10) Greg Little, CLE, WR47

(7) Jonathan Baldwin, KC, WR54

(9) Steve Smith, STL, WR72

(10) Early Doucet, AZ, WR88

(?) Mohamed Sanu, ROOKIE, WR91

(11) Jerrel Jernigan, NYG, WR102

(10) Mohamed Massaquoi, CLE, WR127

(10) Fred Davis, WASH, TE11

(5) Kellen Winslow, TB, TE18

(?) Ladarius Green, ROOKIE, TE45

(8) Mike Nugent, CIN, PK23

(5) Connor Barth, TB, PK24

(11) Seattle Seahawks, D/ST16

(7) Kansas City Chiefs, D/ST18

My biggest concern is week 6 with my top two WR's being out, but hopefully I have enough depth at that position to overcome that. Overal I'm happy with the team. I need some things to break just right but I should be ok for a while. How far this team will go, I have no idea, but time will tell.

This has been a fun draft. :thumbup:

I would like to give a special thanks to Jeff Pasquino for helping to keep the pick thread updated and for taking lists & I also would like to thank bro1ncos for taking lists as well. This helped to keep things moving along and we even finished ahead of the other PDSL even though at one time we were 2 or 3 rounds behind. Good Job all. :thumbup:

I will leave the grading of my team to others. I appreciate any and all comments.

Updated with byes:

QB-RG3- 10

QB-Matt Cassell-7

QB-Ryan Tannehill-? Chance he ends up on Chiefs or shares same bye week since Miami has that week. Unless the Browns are putting out a giant smoke screen little chance he shares bye with RG3.

QB-Brandon Weeden- ?

Ok, 3 rookies and sub-par QB who has an outside chance of losing his job to Tannehill. I don't expect a lot of love from others at this position but I don't think it's going to hurt me. I can't plan on Tannehill or Weeden starting to begin the year but chances are they start at some time. I don't have a proven stud but I've got a big upside guy in RG3 and a lot of numbers. RG3's upside makes me not want to put any limits on this group but even if he's merely ok I think I've got enough numbers to finish middle of the pack at the position but I suspect most would rate this group at or near the bottom of the league.

RB-DMAC/Goodson- 5

RB-Chris Johnson- 11

RB-Isiah Pead- ?

RB-Danny Ware-11

RB-Baron Batch-4

I'm biased of course but I'd take my top two over any top two in the league. A lot of you are down on DMAC due to the injury history but I think Goodson goes a long way towards helping alleviate that issue. After those two can't count on a thing. Pead is one of those supposed draft day risers but like most of the rookie RB's need to see where he goes and what kind of role he projects towards having. Giants probably draft a back to compete with Ware and Scott for backup duties behind Bradshaw. Not expecting much but if Bradshaw breaks down and they don't bring in a premium pick it's worth a gamble or at least hope Ware can get enough work as a backup to contribute some weeks. I actually like Ware less than Batch, who I just thought I could get later. Batch is a high upside guy who should have a role but he's also going to be a first year player coming off an ACL so while I have a lot of hope for his upside I know it's nothing I can count on at this time. In the end a top heavy RB group but after investing my top two picks that's pretty much how I had to play it. Can't stress enough how key getting Goodson was for me as I don't think Taiwan Jones is more than a 6-8 touch per game player at best so I don't feel like I'm dead in the water if DMAC goes down but I might be if CJ does.

WR-Mike Wallace- 4

WR-Demaryius Thomas-7

WR-Jeremy Maclin- 7

WR-Davone Bess- 7

WR- Golden Tate-11

WR-Rueben Randel-? (hope not a team that plays in week7)

WR-Chaz Schilens- 9

Except for week 7 I love the group. Not much to add on Wallace and by now we now he's returning to Pittsburgh. I've seen discussions on this board in other forums debating Decker vs Thomas and I think it's insane. I'd peg Decker as a break out player so I'm with folks on that but Thomas already broke out. And he did so with possibly the worst throwing NFL QB of our generation and while working his way back from one of the most difficult injuries a player can return from. He finished the last 7 games of the year, counting the playoffs, averaging over 100 yards a game. During that time, also known as when he got healthy, he was also consistent with just one sub 10 point game and 2 sub 15 point games over the final 7 games. Now he's healthy and had Peyton throwing him the ball. I get the injury history with this guy but if he's healthy he's going to dominate. Maclin started the year recovering from mono, got banged up later in the year and the Eagles in general were a mess but he still had a solid year and should rebound. Bess is at worse capable of some solid weeks but he might the most targeted WR in Miami and could easily return to his 70-80 catch guy he was the previous two seasons. Tate came on strong last year and might be able to crack the lineup even if Rice stays healthy. Randel is being talked about a late first round pick but he's young and we'll have to see where he goes. Schilens is an old favorite of mine despite letting me down every year and probably will again. If not for the week 7 byes I probably end my WR picks after Randel.

TE-Jared Cook-11

TE-Brent Celek- 7

TE-Rob Housler- 10

Cook and Celek are two players who had strong second halfs. In Cooks case he also did that in 2010 and flopped the early part of 2011 so there is that concern but I do think it's different this time. I may not have a uber stud here but I like having at least two strong options as I've noticed the past few seasons the TE position is actually rivaling the RB position as the most injury prone in the NFL. Housler is one of my big break out players, a guy I own in most of my Dynasty leagues. I've gone back and watched every target of his last season and if he could have just held onto the ball I think the perception of him would be wildly different. Than of course he got hurt for the majority of the rest of the season. What I saw when I watched his targets was a guy who was to fast for LB's and to big for players in the secondary. Most relevant NFL TE's broke out or enjoyed sizable production increases in year two. It's always possible the Cards keeps Heap who will likely get injured but it could keep the Housler break out from happening in 2012 which is why I'd have liked to get Heap but my guess is they cut Heap and Housler becomes the primary pass catching TE for the Cards.

D-Lions- 5

D-Packers-10

Not to much to say here, really good combo and they don't share a bye week or have a bye in the dreaded week 7 and I also don't own any other players from these two teams.

K- Gould-6

K- Lindell-8

If Lindell keeps the job as I suspect than good enough and again similar to the D's they don't share bye weeks, don't have bye's in week 7 when my team is decimated and I don't have other players from these teams which I find to be a plus.

All in all I really like the team but I do know surviving week 7 is going to tough, assuming of course I'm alive entering week 7.

Thanks for all the work those of you put into this. Fun and educational draft. This draft also helped add some extra excitement to me for the NFL draft as I'll be curious to see were Tannehill, Weeden, Randel and Pead end up.

1.09 D.Brees 6

7.09 M.Sanchez 9

24.08 T.Jackson 11

6.08 C.Wells 10

8.08 J.Starks 10

18.08 R.Grant ??

19.09 J.McKnight 9

2.08 R.White 7

4.08 P.Harvin 11

5.09 B.Lloyd 9

11.09 J.Jones 10

14.08 M.Thomas 6

22.08 B.Gibson 9

23.09 "85" 9

3.09 J.Finley 10

17.09 B.Watson 10

20.08 O.Charles ??

12.08 D.Akers 9

13.09 S.Gostkowski 9

21.09 B.Walsh ??

9.09 Pittsburgh 4

10.08 Baltimore 8

15.09 Miami 7

16.08 Cleveland 10

Really like your WR group...you added several guys I was eyeing not all that far in front of where I hoped to get them. Doesn't hurt that you did get great value on those earlier ones either.

1.09 D.Brees 6

7.09 M.Sanchez 9

24.08 T.Jackson 11

6.08 C.Wells 10

8.08 J.Starks 10

18.08 R.Grant ??

19.09 J.McKnight 9

2.08 R.White 7

4.08 P.Harvin 11

5.09 B.Lloyd 9

11.09 J.Jones 10

14.08 M.Thomas 6

22.08 B.Gibson 9

23.09 "85" 9

3.09 J.Finley 10

17.09 B.Watson 10

20.08 O.Charles ??

12.08 D.Akers 9

13.09 S.Gostkowski 9

21.09 B.Walsh ??

9.09 Pittsburgh 4

10.08 Baltimore 8

15.09 Miami 7

16.08 Cleveland 10
QB's- Brees is of course great but not a lot to love after that. Sanchez has pressure on him to keep his job but even if he does Tebow's going to have packages that eat into his time. Should Tebow see a lot of time at QB in redzone/goal line packages it could murder Sanchez's value. Of Sanchez's 26 TD passes 12 came in the goal line and 7 more came between the 11-20 yard marker so he only threw 8 TD's outside the 20 yard line. Than of course a large part of his value was the 6 rushing TD's which would likely be severely cut. TJAX is going to lose his job.

RB-Bad group. Beanie Wells is solid if he can hold up but he won't catch passes so he'll burn you a lot of weeks he does not score a TD and Williams might start eating into his time. Starks is solid but they rotate usage so much he'll be more of an up and down player. Unless Grant lands in a sweet spot not much behind the top two.

WR- Strong top 3 but I suspect Lloyd is not going to be a consistent week to week type player as I see him being the 4th option on that team. Decent enough 4th WR in James Jones but you may not have much after that.

TE- Finley has potential to rebound and should be no worse than solid but he's also had some injury issues and I'm not a fan of what you put behind him. Watson has to contend with emerging Evan Moore and Jordan Cameron and Charles is a rookie TE which rarely makes big impacts.

D and K- Outstanding on both but the cost was high. Most teams are going to be thin at at least one spot, I view your team as being thin in multiple spots.

Final verdict- I don't think your team comes close to making it to week 10 but if you do I don't see how you get past that week without your top two RB's, top two TE's and fourth WR.

(8) Ray Rice, BAL, RB2

QB- Eli is tough as nails and just does not miss games. I'm not a Bradford fan but he should at least be a solid QB2. No worse than a solid group here but more if Bradford rebounds.

RB- Ray Rice and a motley crew of players who project much better in this format than guys you would plug into your starting lineup. Just need one of the group to contribute along with Rice who is one of the more consistent performers and you drafted several players who figure to at least be in the mix for their teams.

WR- Sweet top 2 . After those two it weakens but a lot of active players and some with a lot of upside. Should have enough there to contribute for that third WR spot.

TE- Davis and Winslow give you two solid options. Green is a high upside player but as a rookie TE not something you can count on right now.

K and D- got two starters so good enough and do like both defenses.

Final verdict: no major weakness at a position which is not easy to do in this format. As you indicated week 6 won't be an easy bye week but it's team that should score competitively every week.

(8) Ray Rice, BAL, RB2

My biggest concern is week 6 with my top two WR's being out, but hopefully I have enough depth at that position to overcome that. Overal I'm happy with the team. I need some things to break just right but I should be ok for a while. How far this team will go, I have no idea, but time will tell.

This has been a fun draft. :thumbup:

I would like to give a special thanks to Jeff Pasquino for helping to keep the pick thread updated and for taking lists & I also would like to thank bro1ncos for taking lists as well. This helped to keep things moving along and we even finished ahead of the other PDSL even though at one time we were 2 or 3 rounds behind. Good Job all. :thumbup:

I will leave the grading of my team to others. I appreciate any and all comments.
very strong team all around and should be one of the last ones left.

I rarely have a well-developed plan going into any draft, preferring to let drafts come to me instead. That said, when you're drafting near an end in a 16 player survivor style draft, you have to make certain adjustments. I've learned the hard way that you can't count on players returning at a need position and occassionaly you have to bite the bullet and draft for need when you'd prefer to draft for quality.

I took my DST's back to back because I feared I might not get a 2nd if I didn't. I did the same with PK, although in hindsight I probably should have taken only 1 where I did and waited till the next turn for the 2nd. I took my backup QB earlier than I would have liked, but if I hadn't I would have been up a creek.

4.05 - Ben Roethlisberger, PIT, QB11 (4)

7.12 - Alex Smith, SF, QB25 (9)

Always feel like I'm taking QB's too early in these, but I like the combo. Ben is a legit #1, and Smith had a great year last year...I thin he's a little under-appreciated and valued right now. I didn't like spending a 7 on a backup QB, but I like Smith a lot at QB25. I wanted to add a flyer late, but none of them felt right...I didn't think any of them were likely to see the field when I finally got around to looking at a QB3. I like my starters, but I'm more vulnerable than some teams that bought insurance.

3.12 - Demarco Murray, DAL, RB16 (5)

6.05 - Jonathan Stewart, CAR, RB26 (6)

9.12 - Jacquizz Rodgers, ATL, RB43 (7)

15.12 - Montario Hardesty, CLE, RB59 (10)

17.12 - Bilal Powell, NYJ, RB68 (9)

23.12 - Charles Clay, MIA, RB95 (7)

Love Murray....think he's an easy RB1 in any format ,assuming he stays healthy. Not as sold on Stewart's ability to be consistant in Carolina, but the talent is right, and the price was right in the 6th. Nobody like Hardesty any more, but I felt this was (potentially) one of the steals of the draft in the 15th. If Cleveland takes Richardson, Hardesty should still be the primary backup. If they don't, he may be in a time share or even starting....well worth a chance in the 15th. I like Powell to start biting into Greene's carries, and felt like he was another good upside pick late. Clay scored a few TD's last year and should again this year, as long as his designation doesn't get changed to TE I like him as a late pick.

1.12 - Larry Fitzgerald, AZ, WR2 (10)

2.05 - Hakeem Nicks, NYG, WR5 (11)

8.05 - Darrius Heyward-Bey, OAK, WR44 ((5)

16.05 - Brian Hartline, MIA, WR75 (7)

18.05 - Jacoby Jones, HOU, WR82 (8)

19.12 - Riley Cooper, PHI, WR94 (7)

21.12 - Mike Williams, SEA, WR108 (11)

24.05 - Ted Ginn, SF, WR123 (9)

My top 2 are easily the best in this league, and I love Bey in the 8th as a #3. I liked those three so much...I waited forever to add more. WHen I did add more, I went more for guys in Hartline, Jones and Williams that I know will see action every week. I like Cooper as a sneaky pick this year...I think at the least he bites into Avant's targets. If Jackson or Maclin were to miss any time, I think Cooper could be a legit fantasy starter. Ginn may never scoree for me, but the potential is there for him to score a long TD or two in a week where I could use him.

5.12 - Greg Olsen, CHI, TE13 (6)

10.05 - Kyle Rudolph, MIN, TE20 (11)

20.05 - Anthony Fasano, MIA, TE35 (7)

22.05 - Chris Cooley, WAS, TE42 (10)

Waited longer than most to take my starter. Once I did, I knew I would take a third guy projected to start for his team, and was open to a fourth. I was ecstatic to be able to wait until the 20th to nab Fasano. his upside isn't as great as some of the guys taken ahead of him, but his floor is higher. Adding Cooley in the 22nd was just gravy. I really think having 3 or 4 Te's who will see consistant targets will more than make up for the lack of a premium name at TE1 for me. Did people forget TE could be our flex, because there were receivers and runners taken earlier that seem far less likely to score at flex to me than Fasano or Cooley with the extra PPR points?

11.12 - Chicago Bears, D/ST11 (6)

12.05 - Minnesota Vikings, D/ST14 (11)

Meh...two solid DST's.

13.12 - Alex Henery, PHI, PK4 (7)

14.05 - Nate Kaeding, SD, PK7 (7)

Was really happy with this duo until the schedule was released. Thought long and hard about adding a thrid, but didn't want to at the 15/16 turn. Didn't feel much pressure to do so either after noting that week 7 has a ton of teams on by, is early, and I have no other starters slated to be off that week, and not many important backups. IN the end, it sucks but I doubt it's an issue.

Except at PK, byes worked out well. I like my depth everywhere. I'll need my stud WR's to stay healthy since the dropoff to my backups is significant, but overall I don't know that I could have done much better near the end in one of these.

'Norseman said:
Matt Schaub 8, Andy Dalton 8, Matt Moore 7Liked my pair until the schedule came out. Have to hope Tanenhill doesn't go to the Dolphins, or that he doesn't start until after week 8.Arian Foster 8, Reggie Bush 7, Ben Tate 8, Jahvid Best 5, LaRod Stevens-Howling 10On of, if not the best, RB squad in the league, especially if Bush repeats or improves last years numbers. Probably should have passed on Best, but I didn't care for any of the WR's that were there, except for Moss, who I didn't think would go so early.Just need Best to stay healthy and have a few of those explosive games (week 8 especially)Greg Jennings 10, Malcolm Floyd 7, Nate Burleson 5, Jabbar Gaffney 10, David Nelson 8, Kevin Walter 8, Adrian Arrington 6, Jason Hill 7Had planned on taking more than eight WR's, especially since I didn't take my third until the 10th. Would have taken another instead of Moore if I didn't have to try to cover the QB bye weeks and probably shouldn't have taken Kevin Boss and went with another WR.Aaron Hernandez 9, Joel Dreesen 7, Kevin Boss 7Loved getting Hernandez as the 6th TE off the board, as he has top 2 or 3 upside. Manning loves his TE's, so I thought Dreesen was a steal in the 17th, compared to Jacob Tamme in the 6th. Boss seemed like good value in the 21st, but probably should have gone with one of the WR's that were taken right after him.Houston 8, San Diego 7Good pair, although I should have probably went with a different the Jets or Philly instead of Houston, since I have Schaub and FosterCundiff 8, Mare 6, Zuerlein ?Possibly 3 kickers maybe just 1, we will see how it all shakes out. Was planning on Blair Walsh, but Shadowmaster snagged him before I had a chance.Not my best effort, (haven't really been in to FF as much as in the past few years, and less time with a new job too), and will need a lot of luck to make it through week 8.
QB- Solid to very good if/when Moore starts. Like you said, just need to worry about week 8.Rb- I like it a great deal. Foster/Tate combo is of course huge and should offer you a RB almost every week and 2 at times. Reggie was nice value and someone I see as not getting proper love in fantasy, it's almost odd that he breaks out and people seem fairly down on him. As good as he ran last year I thought he was misused in the passing game which I think the new regimes fixes. Best if a massive upside player you could afford, especially since the Texans project to lock down at least one RB spot for you every week. Very very strong group.WR- Shaky after Jennings and Floyd.TE- Hernandez is great and Dreesen has a chance to win the job in Denver over Tamme. Not a big Kevin Boss fan but Moeaki has been a very injury prone player and should he go down again Boss would have usable value some weeks. Might need Hernandez to stay healthy if Dreesen does not carve out usable role in Denver.D and K- Two nice D's and just have to hope you get at least 2 kickers.Final verdict- Except for the third WR not being solidified I don't see a major weakness. I see this team breezing into week 8 but if Matt Moore is not starting that week you'll have no QB and no Texans RB's so getting past that week might be major hurde.

Glad to see the reviews coming. That's a lot of the fun here.

I'll try and get to a few this week, but it is a tough one for me.

Users who are viewing this thread