What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Kubiak getting canned? (1 Viewer)

ldizzle

Footballguy
Just saw that the texans owner tweeted that they are having a meeting and plan to discuss kubiaks future

Eta not texans owner. Tweet about what texans owner supposedly said

Last edited by a moderator:
About 2 years too late but I'll take it. Dude hasn't even won a legit playoff game in his 7 year tenure (wild card games v. Bengals don't count). I still can't believe he has a job #cronyism

leave of absence for health reasons, then can him in the offseason when he 'has recovered'

A lot of searching and nothing about McNair and Kubiak meeting. McNair doesn't have a twitter account, so wasn't really expecting to find the mentioned tweet.

But apparently McNair and the other non-managing members of the Texans ownership met to discuss Kubiak's future. Perhaps that is what is being discused?

John Granato ‏@johngranato 18 Nov

Bob McNair called a meeting for minority owners. Consensus: Kubiak has to go. They weren't sure about Rick Smith. Will he listen to them?

This is where they sign Kubes to a lengthy extension :bag:
:lol:

and lock Schaub up for another 4 years @ $60mm ($45mm guaranteed)
Last time, after several years of mediocrity, they signed him to an extension with 1 year left on his deal with the logic being that the stability would make things easier. They didn't want him to have to deal with a coaching staff that wasn't sure where they'd be working next year.

...and now he has 1 year left on that previous extension.

I like Kubes in that he seems like a very nice guy, but he's loyal to a fault (look at all the inept defensive coordinators that he promoted from within and all the Denver players/coaches he's brought in over the years). He's also horrible about playing not to lose and if I didn't know better, I'd think he was an idiot the way he handles time outs and challenges. He pieced together a really nice offense when he came here with just one superstar WR and a bunch of castaways, but I'm ready to move on.

A lot of searching and nothing about McNair and Kubiak meeting. McNair doesn't have a twitter account, so wasn't really expecting to find the mentioned tweet.

But apparently McNair and the other non-managing members of the Texans ownership met to discuss Kubiak's future. Perhaps that is what is being discused?

Bob McNair called a meeting for minority owners. Consensus: Kubiak has to go. They weren't sure about Rick Smith. Will he listen to them?
Yeah, I saw that yesterday. Although he's a talk radio guy, Granato supposedly has fairly well-placed sources and his former partner here in Houston, Lance Zierlein, commented on the tweet this morning basically saying that Granato wouldn't tweet it if it weren't true.

Last time, after several years of mediocrity, they signed him to an extension with 1 year left on his deal with the logic being that the stability would make things easier. They didn't want him to have to deal with a coaching staff that wasn't sure where they'd be working next year.

I like Kubes in that he seems like a very nice guy, but he's loyal to a fault (look at all the inept defensive coordinators that he promoted from within and all the Denver players/coaches he's brought in over the years). He's also horrible about playing not to lose and if I didn't know better, I'd think he was an idiot the way he handles time outs and challenges. He pieced together a really nice offense when he came here with just one superstar WR and a bunch of castaways, but I'm ready to move on.
Redskins fans afraid of moving on from Shanahan should read this post. If he gets an extension, this is exactly where we'll be. Kind of scary, actually.

He went to A&M so he's probably not the sharpest knife in the drawer. He has failed to adapt to the current NFL and still using that playbook from 1989. He gets outcoached so often especially against top coaches like Bellicheck who run circles around a simpleton like Kubes.

Yeah, I saw that yesterday. Although he's a talk radio guy, Granato supposedly has fairly well-placed sources and his former partner here in Houston, Lance Zierlein, commented on the tweet this morning basically saying that Granato wouldn't tweet it if it weren't true.
No coach I want to see get canned more than this guy he does not deserve to be on an NFL coaching staff let alone lead one.

No coach I want to see get canned more than this guy he does not deserve to be on an NFL coaching staff let alone lead one.
Greg Schiano down??? Kubes may be inept, but Schiano is inept and steaming pile of jerkwad.

DoubleG said:
False Start said:
Ignoramus said:
Greg Russell said:

Greg Schiano down??? Kubes may be inept, but Schiano is inept and steaming pile of jerkwad.
I have seen some crazy moves by coaches but pulling a young player you are developing when you are 2-7 in favor of a guy who will not be with the team next year and helped put this team in the hole it's in is beyond the scope of what a coach is supposed to so. What is best for the team now and in the future is his job and pulling Keenum set the team back. Should have been fired once the clock hit zero on Sunday for the egregious move. I would also bet that is something McNair had an issue with and why I have no doubt Keenum gets every snap this week no matter what barring injury.

After that fake field goal attempt that would have put them up 7 on the road, there's a certain HC in Detroit that should DEFINITELY get whacked.

Users who are viewing this thread