What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Kurt Warner (1 Viewer)

Kurt Warner will take over as Arizona's starting quarterback with Matt Leinart (broken collarbone) sidelined indefinitely.

Warner has performed much better than Leinart in relief action this season, and his rise to the role of full-time starter bodes well for the Cardinals' receiving corps. Warner himself could approach QB1-type numbers. If he plays well and Leinart doesn't go on IR, Warner could keep the job all year.

Performance wise I think he probably should hold the job all year regardless if Leinart comes back or not. However that could set Leinart back a bit in his development.

It's a distinct possibility that Kurt Warner will squander this opportunity just like he has in the past in Arizona and toward the end of his days with the Rams. With that said, he'll be my starter next week. I imagine the Cards would like nothing better than to see him play well enough to be able to justify sitting Leinart for the year. I don't think that would be the worst thing for ML, either. He may need to sit and watch a little more before he'll be a decent QB. Some guys are just that way.

Why do I get the feeling Warner won't last...

Fitz owners can't be too disappointed with the turn of events.

so for the rest of the year who does everyone have him above??? I now have him in a QBBC with McNabb.
Well, after "waiting" on a QB and picking up the Rivers/Young combo, I actually hope I lose this week to earn our first waiver spot. He could be my savior. I wouldn't hesitate to start him over those 2 at this point. Both are too inconsistent right now.Injuries are killing my team and the shoddy QB play is not helping. You kind of know what you got with Warner. 250 and 2. I will gladly take that any day of the week.

Picked him up off waivers last week after reading several FBG recommendations to do so. Membership has it privileges. :lmao:
did they also have inside information that Lienart would get injuried.... I love it when someone picks up a back up and then the starter gets injuried a week later and that guy likes... "I'm a genius; I saw the injury coming"

Warner is a statue, but with good protection he can be dominant. It looks like the ARZ line has improved a lot, so it seems reasonable to think Warner will produce like he has this year indefinitely. The last time he's had a decent line was in St. Louis.

el-gato-grande said:
Picked him up off waivers last week after reading several FBG recommendations to do so. Membership has it privileges. :goodposting:
I didn't have to pay money to know Warner had value if Leinart went down.

KellysHeroes said:
el-gato-grande said:
Picked him up off waivers last week after reading several FBG recommendations to do so. Membership has it privileges. :help:
did they also have inside information that Lienart would get injuried.... I love it when someone picks up a back up and then the starter gets injuried a week later and that guy likes... "I'm a genius; I saw the injury coming"
:confused: I must have missed the FBG news bit that said Leinart was going to break his collarbone. This place is amazing. They must have a secretary named Claire Voyant.

KellysHeroes said:
el-gato-grande said:
Picked him up off waivers last week after reading several FBG recommendations to do so. Membership has it privileges. :help:
:confused: I must have missed the FBG news bit that said Leinart was going to break his collarbone. This place is amazing. They must have a secretary named Claire Voyant.
:kneeslap: :cry:

Top 10 QB. No doubt in my mind if they keep him upright. Weapons galore, improved line, team scores a lot. Worth a #1 waiver priority.

KellysHeroes said:
el-gato-grande said:
Picked him up off waivers last week after reading several FBG recommendations to do so. Membership has it privileges. :thumbup:
Don't forget the possible injury news followed by a failed recreational drug test that is all the rage this week. I think I even saw a thread on that here. :stalker:

KellysHeroes said:
el-gato-grande said:
Picked him up off waivers last week after reading several FBG recommendations to do so. Membership has it privileges. :thumbup:
:goodposting: I must have missed the FBG news bit that said Leinart was going to break his collarbone. This place is amazing. They must have a secretary named Claire Voyant.
Hey rolliehouliranson , i love the avatar , you should change your user name to GOD OF THUNDER :headbang:

HoTnickZ said:
Why do I get the feeling Warner won't last... Fitz owners can't be too disappointed with the turn of events.
Because he won't. There are a ton of guys, some former greats some never beens, that can come in and relieve your QB for a win, a save or even a whole game and are invaluable as a sideline presence/mentor. But there's a reason they're the backup. Guys like Flutie, Dilfer, Frerotte and of course God's favorite QB, Warner. He may have a few good games, hard not to with the WRs he has, but any game he's under pressure we'll all remember why this former MVP got benched on his last 3 teams. Big hit or miss guy, and I hope their QB3 buries his nose in the playbook, Warner's as mobile as Bledsoe on a bad day and that line is improved but still the Cards.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top 10 QB. No doubt in my mind if they keep him upright. Weapons galore, improved line, team scores a lot. Worth a #1 waiver priority.
Agreed. The key is in red above and if his wife let's him wear his jock strap and a cup each week. She the Man !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KellysHeroes said:
el-gato-grande said:
:popcorn: I must have missed the FBG news bit that said Leinart was going to break his collarbone. This place is amazing. They must have a secretary named Claire Voyant.
Kellys, you've been here a while so I wouldn't have guessed you were a guy that hung out in the tool shed all day. OK, I guess I have to write my posts in crayon and spell the big words so here goes... Warner was outplaying Leinart BEFORE the injury and its quite possible he would have replaced him in the lineup even if the kid didn't get knocked out. I added Warner to my team last week based on his play, which I believe was the reason FBG had him as tagged as a "potential waiver wire gem" the past two weeks.

At the risk of :hijack: who looks to be the better QB to have right now, Warner or C-Pep? Both have recently come into the starting lineup. Culpepper had a phenomenal fantasy game with 5 TDs, but Warner has shown himself in more than a single game so far this year and has a better offense.

:lmao:

At the risk of :hijack: who looks to be the better QB to have right now, Warner or C-Pep? Both have recently come into the starting lineup. Culpepper had a phenomenal fantasy game with 5 TDs, but Warner has shown himself in more than a single game so far this year and has a better offense. :lmao:
Warner by a mile. He actually has the ability to use the talent of players like Fitzgerald.

Last edited by a moderator:
I picked up Warner in 1 league and am looking to add him in another. AZ has a nice schedule and I will be riding Warner as long as he is standing.

I think he will be serviceable and based on what I have at QB, due to injury and general terrible play, I will take serviceable and be very happy with it. :confused:

Could have dealt him for a nice keeper for next year but I got sucked in by the great schedule down the stretch - bummer - maybe he comes back after the bye? Az is cursed!

Users who are viewing this thread