What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Kyle Wilber, DE, Dal (1 Viewer)

Bob Wiley

Footballguy
I've seen reports that Wilber has played snaps at both DE and LB. In the latest update of DD, he's listed as the #1 rated DL for this Week. Truthfully, I've never even heard of him and all of a sudden he's my #1 ranked DL and he's an available FA in my league. On MFL, he's also listed as a DE. Could this be a Christmas miracle?

1. Is this legit?

2. Does he have Dynasty value?

Wilber was moved to DE and with all of the LB's in Dallas injured, he's been moved to strong side LB. In most leagues he can still be started as a DL. He had 10 tackles 2 weeks ago against Chicago and 3 last week against Green Bay. Who knows what he'll do this week. I have him on my roster and would love if a staff member would give us both an opinion on the matter.

Could this be a Christmas miracle?
He had the same thing going for him last week....and he flat-lined.

If memory serves, I read that they were pulling him in subs and not sliding him up to play DE. So, he basically amounted to a 2-down Sam for the week. Blah.

If they do that again this week, I can't see playing him even at DE. Maybe if you're a heavy favorite and you want to shoot for the moon. He gets a splash play and a handful of tackles he's worth it at DE....of course, no splash play and you get what you had with him last week.

Doesn't seem worth the risk after last week (I started him at DL).

Not sure why Norton has him so high in the rankings. Actually the rankings in general seem a little screwy to me this week.

5-ish Finkle said:
Could this be a Christmas miracle?
He had the same thing going for him last week....and he flat-lined.

If memory serves, I read that they were pulling him in subs and not sliding him up to play DE. So, he basically amounted to a 2-down Sam for the week. Blah.

If they do that again this week, I can't see playing him even at DE. Maybe if you're a heavy favorite and you want to shoot for the moon. He gets a splash play and a handful of tackles he's worth it at DE....of course, no splash play and you get what you had with him last week.
this is correct.

people get all excited to exploit a lb listed at dl, when it wouldn't ordinarily be a position of interest at all, although this depends on your league depth, I suppose.

he probably played 70% or whatever in the high tackle game, but only 36% in the green bay game, because they'd use nickel quite a bit against green bay.

fluke tackle games can happen just based on randomness or maybe how a particular offense is run.

a 2 down slb is not all that exciting to me.

Users who are viewing this thread