What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

LA Dem city council prez resigns after racist comments. (2 Viewers)

I'll reiterate my views. Racism is bad and anyone endorsing it or practicing it in 2022 is unfit for office. The LA City Council folks caught on tape should resign immediately. Tuberville should resign immediately.
Which, is funny, because yesterday you started a thread and tried to demonize EVERYONE belonging to the Republican Party as racists. So, when it turns out the Democrats were the actual racists all along, now you're just talking about the individual, not the entire party you belong to (like you tried to do, y'know, yesterday).

You see how easy this is poking holes and seeing thru your arguments?
They are? And that's been shown with conclusive evidence?

I'll reiterate my views. Racism is bad and anyone endorsing it or practicing it in 2022 is unfit for office. The LA City Council folks caught on tape should resign immediately. Tuberville should resign immediately.
Which, is funny, because yesterday you started a thread and tried to demonize EVERYONE belonging to the Republican Party as racists. So, when it turns out the Democrats were the actual racists all along, now you're just talking about the individual, not the entire party you belong to (like you tried to do, y'know, yesterday).

So wait BR. Now you’re going to do EXACTLY what you‘re putting Tommy on blast for (blanket statement an entire group of people in a party)? Wtf man.
Huh? Wut? The Democrats on the LA City Council.

So we can have threads discussing Democrats at the city council level saying racist things, but have had 3x deleted when it is a sitting GOP Senator? Obviously both should resign, but this is a pretty jarring moderation decisions.
As usual, you're leaving out context to push a narrative that never happened.

Are we talking about the same LA City Council? Is there another one?

So we can have threads discussing Democrats at the city council level saying racist things, but have had 3x deleted when it is a sitting GOP Senator? Obviously both should resign, but this is a pretty jarring moderation decisions.
Is it moderation or did the OP delete the post?

So wait BR. Now you’re going to do EXACTLY what you‘re putting Tommy on blast for (blanket statement an entire group of people in a party)? Wtf man.
Reread your post, you made no such specifications.

Are we talking about the same LA City Council? Is there another one?
I think I interpreted your statement as being different than you intended. I can see, now, multiple ways of interpreting what you say.

My initial take/read/interpretation was you making a blanket statement - which you then criticize Tommy for.

FWIW, Kevin De Leon isn't your ordinary City Council person. He's a former CA Assemblyman, CA Senator, was the leader of the CA Senate, and ran against Diane Feinstein a couple years ago for the California State Senate Seat. I'm met him. This is someone well respected in CA politics and is a bombshell on the State and local level.

He has to go. Step down immediately Kevin. Zero patience for this stuff.

LA city council is having a meeting at 10 am local time, hope this is shown on their local channels.
Fair, why do you think the LA City Council Democrats are embarrassed and issued immediate apologies when their racist comments, made in private, were exposed?
Personally I hope she stays on to exhibit the hypocrites.

Unrelated - go padres.
I disagree; racists have no business in leadership positions.

Care to answer my question?
At the time I didn’t realize the counsel made apologies. I don’t know enough about the Tuberville deal either, but he should be gone also.

FWIW, Kevin De Leon isn't your ordinary City Council person. He's a former CA Assemblyman, CA Senator, was the leader of the CA Senate, and ran against Diane Feinstein a couple years ago for the California State Senate Seat. I'm met him. This is someone well respected in CA politics and is a bombshell on the State and local level.

The woman and the people on this call should all get the boot.

I assume the ink is drying on the paperwork and the lawyers are reading it over.

LA city council is having a meeting at 10 am local time, hope this is shown on their local channels.
Fair, why do you think the LA City Council Democrats are embarrassed and issued immediate apologies when their racist comments, made in private, were exposed?

Unrelated - go padres.

At the time I didn’t realize the counsel made apologies. I don’t know enough about the Tuberville deal either, but he should be gone also.
OK. But still not answering my question. Why do you think these City Council members immediately issued apologies, resigned leadership, and are being heavily pressured to resign their positions?

I assume the ink is drying on the paperwork and the lawyers are reading it over.
Agreed they have to go, and I hope you're correct that negotiations are taking place. People can be stubborn. :wall::wall::wall:

Nury Martinez taking a leave of absence. Not good enough. They all need to resign.
These people are all going to get as many benefits and salary out of this as possible. I get that.

She will be gonzo.

Haven’t listened to the call but if it is clear the other people on the call acknowledged these comments they will be out as well. All a matter of time.

Agreed they have to go, and I hope you're correct that negotiations are taking place. People can be stubborn. :wall::wall::wall:
Yeah. This isn‘t in a vacuum. People have mortgages, have built up benefits they are entitled to etc.

They outed themselves and work for the people of LA so the important parts will all happen. See ya folks!

What exactly are you accusing Joe and his team of here?

Why do the Tuberville threads keep getting closed?

Perhaps the same reason that threads critical of Donald Trump seem to be always shut down (like the innocuous one that just reposted his Tweets when he was still on Twitter).

Meanwhile we can't have a thread discussing mass shootings, but with some logic that I don't understand, a thread falsely accusing liberals of introducing materials into school curriculums with "fisting" and "rimming" in the thread title is left up.

Last edited:

Perhaps the same reason that threads critical of Donald Trump seem to be always shut down (like the innocuous one that just reposted his Tweets when he was still on Twitter).

Meanwhile we can't have a thread discussing mass shootings, but with some logic that I don't understand, a thread falsely accusing liberals of introducing materials into school curriculums with "fisting" and "rimming" in the thread title is left up.
Oh my goodness with the martyr complexes around here. You guys have ZERO ground to stand regarding threads critical of Trump. Those are ALL of the threads in this forum. Literally. The ACTUAL evidence completely contradicts your statement.

Because those threads aren't in the context of, "Tuberville Statements". They are being titled and talked about in the "Conservatives a Racist. You Guys are Evil" context.

Which, again, is funny considering what just happened with the LA City Council and Democrats on that council being the racists. In that case, those same people saying, "Conservatives are racist and evil" based on the statements of ONE conservative guy but are now saying "Well, it's only a few people on the Council" on the statements based on ONE liberal woman.

Oh my goodness with the martyr complexes around here. You guys have ZERO ground to stand regarding threads critical of Trump. Those are ALL of the threads in this forum. Literally. The ACTUAL evidence completely contradicts your statement.

Really? A look at the first page of this forum only shows two (count em!) threads about Trump: "Truth Social" and the long standing "Trump To Infinity and beyond" and that is it.

Really? A look at the first page of this forum only shows two (count em!) threads about Trump: "Truth Social" and the long standing "Trump To Infinity and beyond" and that is it.
You can't honestly be this dense, can you? Were you not around from 2015-2020?

Because those threads aren't in the context of, "Tuberville Statements". They are being titled and talked about in the "Conservatives a Racist. You Guys are Evil" context.

Which, again, is funny considering what just happened with the LA City Council and Democrats on that council being the racists. In that case, those same people saying, "Conservatives are racist and evil" based on the statements of ONE conservative guy but are now saying "Well, it's only a few people on the Council" on the statements based on ONE liberal woman.
I didn't see the first thread, but BB's thread was certainly not titled that. And I didn't see any talk blaming all conservatives in it either. But I could've missed some posts before it got nuked.

Were you not around from 2015-2020?

I was here for all those years, which is more than I can for you as you didn't register until 12/07/2019. :lol:

And numerous threads critical of Trump have been nuked by mods over the years, but things like people chanting "Eff Joe Biden" is referred to approvingly as some sort of "phenonium" and is allowed to remain (you can't make this stuff up).

What about the "It was a tremendous raid" thread?

What about it? It is a discussion about the FBI raid on Mar-A-Lago, not about Trump himself - but if you want to count, go ahead, that makes a grand total of 3.

I don't know what goes into the decision making process on what to delete and what not to. I do know I wouldn't want to be in the position of having to decide.

That said, last week I had a post I spent an hour creating, with sources linked, as I went through and systematically dismantled several Trump did a good job as president arguments on issues like national debt, etc. My post was deleted for "inappropriate content". I have no idea what was inappropriate about it, no explanation available, and no recourse to appeal or gain further clarification.

It didn't feel fair to me and I was pretty bummed as the time I put into that post is time I'll never get back. But, I don't know who reported it, or why, or what the agenda of the moderator was. So, I haven't complained. We're guests here and we need to follow the rules, even if they're not always clear and appear to be inequitably applied.

The particular Democrats are racists. I agree. I don't think that makes the entire party racist though.

Yea, I don't get this.

Were you not around from 2015-2020?

I was here for all those years, which is more than I can for you as you didn't register until 12/07/2019. :lol:

And numerous threads critical of Trump have been nuked by mods over the years, but things like people chanting "Eff Joe Biden" is referred to approvingly as some sort of "phenonium" and is allowed to remain (you can't make this stuff up).
Well no ####, Captain Obvious. You think I can't extrapolate from what I've seen in here since 2019 to happening prior to me being here? You liberals didn't suddenly change your spots the exact same day I arrived.

Your martyr complex is vastly understated here. You really think with the behavior exhibited by the left since 2015 wouldn't get some threads nuked? Get outta' here.

neither @bigbottom nor I deleted our threads condemning Tuberville's racism.
I'm guessing they got deleted because Tuberville's comments were unambiguously racist and yet some people still defended them. Which creates a dynamic that makes the defender appear in an unflattering light, so the defenders reported the thread. Better to delete and sweep it under the rug than own a mistake. That's a guess, but I'm not sure why else those threads were axed.

Unrelated - go padres.

They can apologize all they want, they shouldn't be in office anymore and should resign.

There are plenty of anti-Trump threads and posts here.

I think it has to do with what the posters report more than anything. Anyone gets shown to be demonstrably wrong about something and it's gone within an hour. That, to me, says there is a person or persons who can't handle being wrong and then report posts until a thread is just closed and deleted.

neither @bigbottom nor I deleted our threads condemning Tuberville's racism.
I'm guessing they got deleted because Tuberville's comments were unambiguously racist and yet some people still defended them. Which creates a dynamic that makes the defender appear in an unflattering light, so the defenders reported the thread. Better to delete and sweep it under the rug than own a mistake. That's a guess, but I'm not sure why else those threads were axed.
Like the "I'm not a Trump supporter" crowd.

I think @The General is right. No way these people survive this:

Yep because they are now in the spotlight (thanks media) and that they are in LA. They are all dead in this job.

I could see a scenario with people on this call say they never heard this comment on the call but I haven't listened to it to see if that is a obvious.

Users who are viewing this thread