What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Ladarius Green's value (1 Viewer)

Yup sat Cameron for him and cost me the win. Hurts now but I had a good year and was the winner last 2 years (was going for three peat) but taught me a lesson. Dont start the hype guy in the playoffs. During the season ok but never the playoffs.

Like I said, reminds me of Jared Cook; we get caught up in the glow of the measurables and forget everything else that is going on.

He may have his time but people need to remember this is a dynasty discussion, not current events.
Woo hoo Ladarius got a big fat 0.... bum... stinks I told my buddy to bench gates for this clown. Hope it doesn't cost him a win.

It was a rough game for Green...it looks like his value for this year is directly tied to the health of Royal. If Royal's out, Green will take his spot out of the slot...that's apparently the only way that SD will let him see real time on the field.

For next year and beyond, though...this goose-egg might provide the perfect opportunity to take advantage of a short-sighted dynasty owner of Green. If you can get him on the cheap, do it. Sky's the limit for this kid once he sees steady time on the field.

Oof, that was rough. I guess I should be happy that Reggie Bush reinjured himself, as I was gonna use Green at flex, but went with Joique Bell instead once Bush pulled up lame. Whew.

T with T said:
Shutout said:
Like I said, reminds me of Jared Cook; we get caught up in the glow of the measurables and forget everything else that is going on.

He may have his time but people need to remember this is a dynasty discussion, not current events.
Woo hoo Ladarius got a big fat 0.... bum... stinks I told my buddy to bench gates for this clown. Hope it doesn't cost him a win.
he got 4 points in one of my leagues :) 2 tackles lmao what a terd

Oof, that was rough. I guess I should be happy that Reggie Bush reinjured himself, as I was gonna use Green at flex, but went with Joique Bell instead once Bush pulled up lame. Whew.
at least you had time to remove bush... I researched all morning, went to breakfast then found out 5min after gametime...

Last edited by a moderator:
Still shocked at how coaches out think themselves and under utilize talent.
Last I checked, the Chargers blew out the Giants yesterday with their existing talent.

Green will have his time, although they do have plenty of other weapons right now.

Last I checked, the Chargers blew out the Giants yesterday with their existing talent.

Green will have his time, although they do have plenty of other weapons right now.
Yep, and they have a game in four days that they'll need to score alot of points in. Nothing wrong with saving stuff when you are up big.

Not the point I am making, The Giants are pathetic.

My point is, you have a physical freen and you leave him on the bench for Royal who did nothing and has not practiced since October?

How does playing a player who really has not done much over a guy you want to have play a lead role when gates is gone.

that is my point on coaching that I will not understand.

My point is, you have a physical freen and you leave him on the bench for Royal who did nothing and has not practiced since October?

How does playing a player who really has not done much over a guy you want to have play a lead role when gates is gone.

I see your point, although they do play different positions despite Green being much more effective than Royal at catching the ball. Maybe Royal is a more capable blocker and that is what is holding Green back - who knows.

he "played" he just didnt have any stats.

when a team is up 31 to 0 to whatever it was, the passing game will pretty much be on 3rd down only going forward.

Not a bad matchup, but bad in-game results. I feel fortunate to have gotten keenan allen points when I did.

Swinging for the fences means you might strike out.

Royal playing was always a possibility, just didn't seem likely.

Green is obviously a talent for next and the coming years, but really maybe you have to watch for signs of Gates retiring to ever really make him a keeper or just plain hold on your roster.

His long-term future is bright, but apparently we learned that when Royal is active Green's usage goes down. Hard to fault the coaches since the offense is humming. Could have cracked the door open to buy though.

I yanked him for Gates at the last minute when I saw Royal would go, but was expecting to regret it.

Rotoworld:

Ladarius Green ran just five pass routes in Sunday's win over the Giants.

A week after playing on 91 percent of the snaps, Green played on just 42 percent of the snaps. Blame the return of Eddie Royal (40 snaps) and the Chargers' big lead. Green was used as a blocker, catching no passes on just one target -- strange usage for such a talented and athletic player. Green is a good bet to be more involved in the gameplan in Thursday's potential shootout with the Broncos, but fantasy owners can't comfortably use a player with a suddenly inconsistent role.

Source: profootballfocus.com

Last I checked, the Chargers blew out the Giants yesterday with their existing talent.Green will have his time, although they do have plenty of other weapons right now.

We also have to remember the human side to this. Mike McCoy and Royal have history from their time in DEN together. When Royal looked like he was going to be a huge red zone threat after his 5 TDs in the first two games, he probably got those opportunities because he had a little bit better of an understanding of McCoy's offense and McCoy probably likes the guy. Now Royal gets hurt, sits out, and the much better talent in Green comes out and shows what he's able to do. It's easy for us to take the position that Green should play over Royal because he's the more talented player, but that's a very cold, statistical way of looking at it...McCoy isn't going to bench one of his players and damage what probably is a very good player/coach relationship just because Green flashed on a few plays the past couple games. It's also probably a similar scenario with why Vincent Brown isn't losing playing time to Seyi Ajirotutu...another situation where the established player is blocking the more talented one from seeing steady time on the field.

Green's time will come, and even though it doesn't look like it's this year, I would bet that McCoy spends a good amount of time in the offseason thinking of ways to get Green on the field in 2014.

Rotoworld:

Ladarius Green ran just five pass routes in Sunday's win over the Giants.

A week after playing on 91 percent of the snaps, Green played on just 42 percent of the snaps. Blame the return of Eddie Royal (40 snaps) and the Chargers' big lead. Green was used as a blocker, catching no passes on just one target -- strange usage for such a talented and athletic player. Green is a good bet to be more involved in the gameplan in Thursday's potential shootout with the Broncos, but fantasy owners can't comfortably use a player with a suddenly inconsistent role.

Source: profootballfocus.com
Going to start Cameron from here on out -- dumping Green (redraft)

I am surprised Green wasn't in the game plan. I would think the coaches would reward Green for his work over the past few weeks but in the end the game was over before it began and he took a back seat. Part of me wants to think that due to the short week and game in Denver this Thursday that McCoy wanted to conserve the playbook. Watching the Titans game this Sunday and seeing Justin Hunter go deep and burn ex-Charger Quentin Jammer makes me salivate about Green doing the exact same thing. The game in Denver is going to be a shoot out and if McCoy and Whiz have half a brain they will get Green in single coverage against an old man like Jammer and have Green take him to town. If they don't....I have nothing other to say than they are dumb as dirt. It would make no sense. Luckily I started Vereen and Gordon which covered my butt by starting Green for a big fat 0 this past weekend. Sorry to those who got McCoyed or Whizinated.

when a team is up 31 to 0 to whatever it was, the passing game will pretty much be on 3rd down only going forward.

Not a bad matchup, but bad in-game results.
Yes, I would blame the lopsided score more than I would blame the return of Eddie Royal. Royal only missed one week. He played in weeks 11 and 12 when Green had 5 targets in each of those games.

I feel fortunate to have gotten keenan allen points when I did.
Two touchdowns on three targets. :thumbup:

Yes, I would blame the lopsided score more than I would blame the return of Eddie Royal. Royal only missed one week. He played in weeks 11 and 12 when Green had 5 targets in each of those games.

not true MT, Royal took over half of Greens snaps away

How are the Giants against TE`s statistically? Maybe they went after the corners as they are weaker vs the pass ? How is Denver vs TE`s ? Maybe they use Green more on Thursday night>

How are the Giants against TE`s statistically? Maybe they went after the corners as they are weaker vs the pass ? How is Denver vs TE`s ? Maybe they use Green more on Thursday night>
NYG were ranked 23rd against TEs coming into week 14. Denver is ranked 31st, so the match-up is better. That game obviously won't be one where SD is playing with a huge lead, so Green should see more time on the field. High-risk/high-reward if you play him...but with him, all it takes is one play.

not true MT, Royal took over half of Greens snaps away
Green got his second-most snaps ever yesterday. He got more snaps against the Giants than he did against Miami or Kansas City. The difference is that they were mostly on running plays yesterday -- but that's because the Chargers mostly ran the ball yesterday. (They ran the ball on 59% of their offensive plays yesterday, compared to 41% over the previous three games.)

I haven't watched him play a lot this season, but if they put Green in to block on running plays then that means they trust him to block, and that is a good thing for his future. If he's up to par on blocking then that can only help him stay on the field for more plays when he takes over for ol' Gates.

bonesman said:
so ppl are mad that they started a backup TE over starting TE's?

cool
Guru's like Bloom were adamant he was the high upside play to go with over guys like Cameron and G. Graham.
If you knew that the Chargers would be able to run at will on the Giants and that the Giants wouldn't be able to score on the crappy SD D you should have told somebody.

bonesman said:

cool
Guru's like Bloom were adamant he was the high upside play to go with over guys like Cameron and G. Graham.
If you knew that the Chargers would be able to run at will on the Giants and that the Giants wouldn't be able to score on the crappy SD D you should have told somebody.
yeah, weird game this football.

I didnt see the low scoring 10-17 affair against Cincy either.

bonesman said:

cool
Where did I imply I know anything?

bonesman said:

cool
Where did I imply I know anything?
What I meant by that was that Green was a high upside play if you expected the game to be high scoring and Rivers to throw the ball 40 times.

Anyone rolling him out there tonight? I'm a bit gun shy, but Fleener is the only other TE on my team. Looks like I'll be praying for one of those long TD's while praying that the SD/DEN game is a shoot out.

Greens value?????? try in the :toilet:
For the rest of this year, yes. 2014 is his year.
Maybe, maybe not. Depends on Gates, Green's development as a blocker, what SD does with their receivers, etc. Green is a great stash, and he's got plenty of talent, but he's a long term play. He's going to struggle to get the consistent targets necessary to be reliable in FF until Gates is gone or on the bench. And if the foot doesn't flare up again, Gates could easily be on the Gonzo career arc -- dude has more catches and receiving yards than any TE in the league outside of Graham and Cameron this year at age 33.

I missed Gates' retirement announcement.
Not retirement, but he could be a cap casualty if team brass think that Green is ready to take over. If Gates stays around, then Green probably does have to wait another year. Could be like a Todd Heap/Shannon Sharpe or Jimmy Graham/Jeremy Shockey situation where you don't see his true potential until the proven vet is gone.

I missed Gates' retirement announcement.
Not retirement, but he could be a cap casualty if team brass think that Green is ready to take over. If Gates stays around, then Green probably does have to wait another year. Could be like a Todd Heap/Shannon Sharpe or Jimmy Graham/Jeremy Shockey situation where you don't see his true potential until the proven vet is gone.
I agree he could be a cap casualty. Gates is scheduled to make $7.4M next season, and it appears that the Chargers could cut him for roughly a $1.5M cap hit.

Looks like Tarzan, plays like Jane. I don't understand how anyone is starting this guy until he puts up consistent numbers. It's his second year in the league and he barely has over 400 yards combined in both years. Time for a reality check. As for the "gurus" that's what you get for blindly taking crappy advice.

Looks like Tarzan, plays like Jane. I don't understand how anyone is starting this guy until he puts up consistent numbers. It's his second year in the league and he barely has over 400 yards combined in both years. Time for a reality check. As for the "gurus" that's what you get for blindly taking crappy advice.
Actually, "looks like Tarzan, plays like Tarzan - but has to wait until Tarzan Sr stops swinging on the vines ahead of him".

And I don't think the "gurus" said he was a lock. They just said in a pinch he might score some points, as he has in the past.

Actually, "looks like Tarzan, plays like Tarzan - but has to wait until Tarzan Sr stops swinging on the vines ahead of him".

And I don't think the "gurus" said he was a lock. They just said in a pinch he might score some points, as he has in the past.
Agreed. You can't blame Green, especially for the Broncos' game. Nobody thought Rivers would be throwing so infrequently. This guy has all the makings of a future stud, or at least Julius Thomas type production. I just wish I could have gotten him in my league.

Phil Simms just said Green may be the fastest guy on the team .... for what thats worth ....

nice TD catch vs Cincy, he high pointed at one well

Phil Simms just said Green may be the fastest guy on the team .... for what thats worth ....
Hes apparently unaware of Danny Woodheads existence, its okay though -- everyone forgets about Woody.

Users who are viewing this thread