What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Last Chance to Get Brandon Jackson Cheap/Free (1 Viewer)

The mere fact that someone who 'boldly predicted' a starting RB will get a decent amount of FP over the season... and has people giving him thumbs up for a good call... is beyond me.

SSOG said:
Yes, a lot of RBs were on bye on week 9. Does that somehow magically change the fact that only 10 RBs in the entire NFL managed to outscore Jackson that week?
No, just the significance of the fact.

I could have McFadden instead of garbage Jackson.....Thanks Fantasy (self proclaimed) King! My team will survive with Turner, Charles, and Gore but would have loved to have added Darren Mcfadden to my Dynasty. BJ is horrendous and will cost several people games in the playoffs thats if anyone is still starting him.

Wow, haters gonna hate.

TFK posted this thread before week 6. From week 6 to week 9, Brandon Jackson was the #11 fantasy RB. But please, don't let inconveniences like reality or facts get in the way of your otherwise well thought-out arguments. Clearly TFK was wrong, because RB11 is obviously no better than an RB3 with occasional low RB2 weeks thrown in for good measure.

FWIW, in week 6 Jackson was 26th, in week 7 he was 7th, in week 8 he was 28th, and in week 9 he was 11th. That's two weeks where he presented legit RB1 value, with two more weeks where he would have made a weak RB2/strong flex play. From the time the thread was started through today, I'd have to say this prediction qualifies as a "win". Still a lot of season to play out, but anyone pretending this was a dumb call is wrong, plain and simple.

Unless, of course, you want to badmouth him for getting shut out during his bye week.
:no: On a POINTS PER GAME basis from Weeks 6-10, Brandon Jackson is 17th in non-PPR and 17th in PPR.

As for the get him on the cheap comments, I guess at one time he was. I don't when that ended, I was never interested. But I did get a chuckle of a league wide email sent by a Jackson owner tuesday:

BJ is on the block.

If anybody is interested, send me offer of a WR1
:wub: Haven't seen any offers yet.

9 points in PPR, 5 in non-PPR this week, and it looks like Nance is working his way to more carries.

Come on guys, it's really the LAST CHANCE to get him cheap now :excited:

9 points in PPR, 5 in non-PPR this week, and it looks like Nance is working his way to more carries.Come on guys, it's really the LAST CHANCE to get him cheap now :thumbdown:
ALMOST! Now you can get him EVEN CHEAPER!!! THESE PRICES FOR RB'S ARE JUST INSANE!!! Plus if you order now, we'll include the AMAZING Ginsu knife set!!! They dice, slice and cut righ through an opposing defense, just like Brandon Jackson...can't.36 total yards - fantastic if you need an RB that is #2.But, if you can still get him cheap, he does have the matchup at San Fran next week.

The Fantasy King is like one of those hair tonic salesman who arrives in an old western town, is initially embraced by the populace then ultimately cast out.

As far as his CONSTANT criticism of James Starks, I say give the kid a chance he cant do much worse....

omg fantasy king your so right!!! brandon jackson= stud!!!!!!

so solid 3.8 ypc against 3rd down pass defenses...

Last edited by a moderator:
As some of you know, I used to run a fantasy football forum. After three years, I have shut that forum down as I was never able to generate the kind of traffic to make it worthwhile. I was disappointed to have to do this, but I still keep in touch with all of the registered members of that forum and give them fantasy advice via a newsletter. This is much more practical since it is only about 12-15 people.

The reason I am mentioing this is because on my old forum I would have what would come to be known as "A FANTASY KING EXCLUSIVE." This would be when I had a fantasy-football related epiphany, and I would communicate it to my community.

Since I now longer have that community on a forum, I can bring my epiphanies to the Shark Pool Football Guys Forum instead.

The epiphany I am having right now is with BRANDON JACKSON, who most of you will know is a running back on the Green Bay Packers.

Jackson has had a tumultuous 2010. There was some positive pre-season buzz about him, then of course, the Grant injury. He was, for good reason, the top of the FBG waiver wire pick up list for that week, and he has been disappointing owners ever since.

I strongly feel that Jackson is going to see a steady increase in value for the rest of the season and he will evolve into the main ball carrier for Green Bay.

Since I have already wasted bandwidth with my unnecessary backstory I will just provide a list:

1. The NFL trade deadline is almost upon us, after which any hope/thought that people have that maybe Green Bay will be trading for a RB (something I thought was extremely unlikely anyway) will be gone. The Packers, quite obviously, are standing pat with what they have.

2. The Rodgers concussion is a factor too, I think. Much has been said about the Packers' almost criminal neglect of the running game, and Rodgers has been paying the price for it along with Green Bay's subpar pass protection. Obviously Rodgers was injured in OT, so not saying he got hit because of a lack of a running game, but I think this injury will bring into focus the fact that the Packers simply cannot get by with 12-14 running players per game. It puts their inadequate offensive line and thus their franchise quarterback under too much pressure.

3. Jackson has some ability. A lot of people, many of them Packer fans, are quick to say that Jackson stinks, but I think he is definitely good enough to produce in this very favorable situation. And it is not just about his 71 yard run last week or about stats, watching him, I have felt that when he was not met in the backfield by 2-3 tacklers, he has shown an acceptable level of burst and a little wiggle. He is not Chris Johnson, but I think the main thing holding Jackson back has been under-use and on some plays, poor blocking. I expect the former to change.

4. Jackson does not have a lot of competition. People who are thinking Starks, who has not played football since 2008, will come in and produce and be trusted to pass protect are dreaming my opinion. Grab him in dynasty leagues by all means, but not in redraft. Kuhn would not be a name fantasy owners would even know if the Packers had a remotely talented 3rd RB on their team, and I believe his use has and will conetinue to be marginalized.

5. He is cheap, if not a free agent in many leagues. If I am wrong, I am just costing you a roster spot. If you grab him, and nothing changes over the next 2 weeks or so, then drop him. I am not advocating buying Jackson for the long-term or trading something of value for him - I just think his upside and situation is being unfairly dismissed because he was so disappointing that first week after owners ran to the waiver wire to pick him up. Many of the reasons you did that are still valid.

Thank you for much your time.

Regards,

THE FANTASY KING
The reason I am mentioing this is because on my old forum I would have what would come to be known as "A FANTASY KING EXCLUSIVE." This would be when I had a fantasy-football related epiphany, and I would communicate it to my community.

Let me know when you form your next cult?

I loved the Branch Davidians

Regards,

DAVID KORESH

Where is THE FANTASY KING? Is he not coming back to get his crow?
:no: Waiting for the week 14 matchup vs. the Lions, when BJax blows up for 84 yards and a TD!!

My favorite line about BJax this week was on CBS: "The Packers have all but given up on their running game because of him, and on the rare occasion they do turn to him, he has not come through."

Ouch. But hey, he can be had for even less!!!!

Where is THE FANTASY KING? Is he not coming back to get his crow?
1) He'll probably find some convoluted way to convince himself that his epiphany was spot on2) Eating crow probably doesn't fit in with his self aggrandizing, narcissistic personality3) Who makes such a big deal about such a low-impact prediction anyway?4) Who refers to themselves as “The Fantasy King” with a straight face? There are so many excellent posters on this forum, people who are able to express complex thoughts eloquently, back up their assertions with sound logic and valid data. How did this drivel get so much play? I guess by indignant people like me constantly bumping it.

im gonna keep bumping it! i have a score to settle cause hes a big losah....all hail the fantasy king!!! brandon jackson is the most explosive dynamic runningback ive ever seen... the 3.8 ypc doesnt tell the story....you gotta watch the games ...its only because they have 8 or 9 man fronts stacking the box against him ever time cause they respect him more than the passing game!

Last edited by a moderator:
im gonna keep bumping it! i have a score to settle cause hes a big losah....all hail the fantasy king!!! brandon jackson is the most explosive dynamic runningback ive ever seen... the 3.8 ypc doesnt tell the story....you gotta watch the games ...its only because they have 8 or 9 man fronts stacking the box against him ever time cause they respect him more than the passing game!
Do you really not realize that THE FANTASY KING was just a schtick poster?

Perhaps wiscstlatlmia is as well. Perhaps they are all the same person. You know how this works.

Perhaps wiscstlatlmia is as well. Perhaps they are all the same person. You know how this works.
True, hence my question.

True, hence my question.
:lmao: :shock:

True, hence my question.
:lmao: :shock:
"Do you really not realize that THE FANTASY KING was just a schtick poster?" :shock:

King your loyal subjects await your entrance....
With his interesting league where he was playing for a first round bye several weeks ago, I imagine his FF Superbowl is long over.I suspect now he's already busy projecting next year's draft. :excited:

James Starks is staying on the PUP list for now! Which means he still can't practice with the club. They have 3 weeks to decide whether to let him begin practicing. Considering he doesn't appear to be injured at this point it would seem he would only be activated if Jackson went down.

No trades. No Starks. Love him or hate him Jackson is the guy in GB.

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/105315683.html
But wait, starks is the answer and the reason tt didn't trade for a rb. :eek:
James Starks-RB- Packers Dec. 5 - 9:27 pm etCoach Mike McCarthy's goal going into Sunday's game was for James Starks to receive eight to 10 carries.

"James Starks is a really talented young man," said McCarthy. "I wanted to see how he would handle it. I thought he improved as the game went on. I'm pleased with his individual performance." Starks' 18 carries were the most by a Packers back all season. Coaches were particularly impressed by his ability to fall forward, avoiding negative yardage plays. Expect the rookie to lead the backfield in carries from here on out.

Source: Scout.com

Rumor has it TFK sold high on Jackson weeks ago. Pretty sure people in his league read this forum. This was all a ruse.
BS... a Ruse my ###... if he was right he woulda been in here braggin his ### off... how the hell are people giving him a free pass on this?He flops epically, and people call it a ruse? I don't think so. He made a call and failed. We've all done it... He's a big boy and can take his lumps.

I was offered Jackson for my 1st rounder about a month ago, right beofre his numbers fell apart... I was and still am #2 in the league so my picks would be around the 11 - 14 and I must admit that I gave it some thought; the added depth was tempting & figuring that Grant is about done Jackson would give me more production than a late 1st rounder, I ended up countering with a 2nd and a player.

Rejected.

Sometimes it's darkest just before the dawn.

And sometimes it's darkest just before it goes pitch black and death arrives.

Just saying.

Rumor has it TFK sold high on Jackson weeks ago. Pretty sure people in his league read this forum. This was all a ruse.
BS... a Ruse my ###... if he was right he woulda been in here braggin his ### off... how the hell are people giving him a free pass on this?He flops epically, and people call it a ruse? I don't think so. He made a call and failed. We've all done it... He's a big boy and can take his lumps.
Maybe you are part of the act, I don't know. TFK was an alias (obviously) that made some guesses and kept rolling until he got too many wrong to be listened to. High degree of probability that some of the posts in this thread are the same dude that made TFK and may be even mocking him. A new garbage shtick will pop up and the circle of shark pool life continues. This is how the mods like it, so just accept it.

He actually did put up additional info about on his other forum that was a big help to my season. I think that he may not have come back here because he didn't feel like people appreciated him here. His musings might be better suited for a smaller, more dedicated community.

He actually did put up additional info about on his other forum that was a big help to my season. I think that he may not have come back here because he didn't feel like people appreciated him here. His musings might be better suited for a smaller, more dedicated community.
Hard to appreciate someone IMO who has a know-it-all attitude and a condescending tone. The entire point of every thread seemed to be nothing more than shameless self-promotion. If he had come here and just said, "Player X is undervalued" and said why, it would have been treated like any other thread. Instead we got this nonsense of having an epiphany and how this was an AFK exclusive (give me a break). Then of course there was the REGARDS, TFK signature line, which was in the body of each posting, instead of being in the actual signature line (and was as irritating as Phil McRevis always talking about himself in the 3rd person).

Hard to appreciate someone IMO who has a know-it-all attitude and a condescending tone. The entire point of every thread seemed to be nothing more than shameless self-promotion. If he had come here and just said, "Player X is undervalued" and said why, it would have been treated like any other thread. Instead we got this nonsense of having an epiphany and how this was an AFK exclusive (give me a break). Then of course there was the REGARDS, TFK signature line, which was in the body of each posting, instead of being in the actual signature line (and was as irritating as Phil McRevis always talking about himself in the 3rd person).
:) couldnt have said it better myself!

No, he didn't.

Users who are viewing this thread