What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

latest NFL drunk driving arrest (1 Viewer)

fatness

Footballguy
Detroit News

Lions president Tom Lewand was arrested on suspicion of drunken driving Friday night in Roscommon County, where he was attending a weekend charity golf event in Houghton Lake.

A spokesman for the Roscommon County Sheriff's Department declined to comment Saturday night. But Lewand was arrested and released, according to a team official, and he released a statement Saturday night saying, "I am deeply sorry for my actions and take full responsibility for them. As a person in active recovery, I am committed to taking all necessary steps to ensure nothing like this ever happens again."

Detroit News

Lions president Tom Lewand was arrested on suspicion of drunken driving Friday night in Roscommon County, where he was attending a weekend charity golf event in Houghton Lake.

A spokesman for the Roscommon County Sheriff's Department declined to comment Saturday night. But Lewand was arrested and released, according to a team official, and he released a statement Saturday night saying, "I am deeply sorry for my actions and take full responsibility for them. As a person in active recovery, I am committed to taking all necessary steps to ensure nothing like this ever happens again."
I hope he becomes the poster boy for execs getting the same punishment as players.

Detroit News

I hope he becomes the poster boy for execs getting the same punishment as players.
:hifive:

Yeah, but what would the punishment be for execs? A big fine? Loss of draft picks? Cannot sit in the owners box for 4 games?

Maybe he was watching some clips from the Lions' games the last couple of years and it forced him to start drinking heavily.

Blackjacks said:
Maybe he was watching some clips from the Lions' games the last couple of years and it forced him to start drinking heavily.
If I were his lawyer that's the defense I'd be using.

Yeah, but what would the punishment be for execs? A big fine? Loss of draft picks? Cannot sit in the owners box for 4 games?
Well, if players get an unpaid suspension for 25% of their year (4 of 16 games), then execs should be suspended without pay for 3 months, if they are indeed equal, yes?(disclaimer - I don't exactly think this is what will, or should, happen, but that would definitely be true equality)

Last edited by a moderator:
Detroit News

Did he violate any personal conduct or drug related clause in his contract?

Make the Lions play an extra game in one of the city parks.
I like that idea although I'd change it to force them to play that "home" game that no NFL team wants to play in Europe.It's too bad an exec has to pull the franchise down. I'm really impressed with the changes on the field I think they could be in for a surprise season this year or next... especially if they land Haynesworth in a fire sale.

He actually came across very logical and polite in the video. He could've made the situation much worse on himself. I am a bit surprised he didn't ask those guys if they were Lions fans though, trying to sweeten them up to let him off with a warning. Obviously with the cameras on that wouldn't have happened, but did he know that?

BoltBacker said:
Make the Lions play an extra game in one of the city parks.
I like that idea although I'd change it to force them to play that "home" game that no NFL team wants to play in Europe.It's too bad an exec has to pull the franchise down. I'm really impressed with the changes on the field I think they could be in for a surprise season this year or next... especially if they land Haynesworth in a fire sale.
They are closing about 80 of the City's Parks...no $$, go figure

Players want to see how Goodell applies policy to Lewand

The personal conduct policy in the NFL is most commonly applied to players, but the rules exist for all employees from players to league officials to team execs all the way down to the guys who wash the jock straps.

Now, all eyes are focused on Roger Goodell to see how the commissioner handles the arrest of Detroit Lions team president Tom Lewand last week. Lewand had blood-alcohol content that was 2 ½ times the legal limit in Michigan when he blew a 0.21 and 0.20 following his arrest in Roscommon County, Mich. Specifically, the players, many of whom believe Goodell has been too tough, are watching to see what happens.

“I hope Roger Goodell holds NFL exec to the same standards as the players,” retired veteran linebacker Antonio Pierce(notes) wrote on his Twitter account. “Trust me all players are talking about that right now.”

He should have just flashed the Masonic Ring and say the phrase "Is there no help for the mothers son?"

Users who are viewing this thread