What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

LB Hayes ousted in ARI? (1 Viewer)

Clipped from Scouts Inc./ESPN 3rd Round analysis:

Arizona has greater needs than inside linebacker. However, Florida State ILB Buster Davis represents an upgrade over Gerald Hayes and should benefit from the Cardinals taking Michigan DT Alan Branch. With Branch eating up space and occupying blockers, Davis' size won't be as much of an issue. He has excellent instincts and takes the shortest path to the ball, so he should be very effective.
Hayes just signed a 5-year deal and seemed to be a solid player last year, so it seems unlikely that they'd replace him.Is this speculation about Davis off target? :thumbdown:

Last edited by a moderator:
I like Buster Davis, but saying he's an immediate upgrade over Hayes seems like a pretty big reach at this point.

Clipped from Scouts Inc./ESPN 3rd Round analysis:

Arizona has greater needs than inside linebacker. However, Florida State ILB Buster Davis represents an upgrade over Gerald Hayes and should benefit from the Cardinals taking Michigan DT Alan Branch. With Branch eating up space and occupying blockers, Davis' size won't be as much of an issue. He has excellent instincts and takes the shortest path to the ball, so he should be very effective.
Hayes just signed a 5-year deal and seemed to be a solid player last year, so it seems unlikely that they'd replace him.Is this speculation about Davis off target? :thumbup:
Probably just speculation. There is no way Davis is an upgrade over Hayes in taking on blocks or in coverage. But Davis was a third round pick of a new coaching staff when there were other needs on defense so you never know. Still, I'll wait for legitimate link than Scouts, Inc analysis.

Last edited by a moderator:
I like Buster Davis, but saying he's an immediate upgrade over Hayes seems like a pretty big reach at this point.
Agreed. I know a lot of fanfare followed Buster Davis because of some of the big games he had, but I think they reached to draft him there, and oddly, he belongs at OLB.He's Dexter Coakley without the speed and ballskills because he weighs too much for his size. He gets crushed in a crowd but is very dynamic in space and filling gaps. That works in the middle fine if he can shed blocks, but he can't and like Dexter never will. So use him on the outside or don't use him at all. It may not be the standard scouting report, but I nailed these guys this year. They aren't very good, hate to say it.

The moves, Branch and Davis, make it pretty obvious the team will playing a lot of 3-4 or at least giving them many options to move in and out of the 3-4/4-3. It will be interesting to see what this means for Dansby since I find it hard to believe Hayes would all of a sudden being on the outside looking in.

I think they forgot about the 3-4 angle.What will be his role - Joey Porter or Larry Foote?
Hopefully more of a Andra Davis than a Larry FooteEarlier projected starters for my most important teamCrowell (hmm)Hayes (??)Al Wilson (??!??) (Brackett, Howard, Hobson) :whistle:

I think they forgot about the 3-4 angle.What will be his role - Joey Porter or Larry Foote?
I emailed both Cardinal beat writers two weeks ago after the pre-draft mini-camp. Neither had any idea to which side the ILB aligned. Slackers. :hophead:My guess would be (based on skill set and what little we already know):LOLB Okeafor >> PorterLILB Hayes >> FarriorRILB Dansby >> FooteROLB Berry/Pace >> HaggansThat's a little simplistic as none of the Arizona players compare well with the Pittsburgh standards.

I sold Hayes last night.. glad I got this headache off my squad...

Sounds like that these LBs will be gone in a yr or 2

I guess Blackstock is out of the picture now? There was an artice that said he would go outside, but the new speculation makes his future really uncertain.

Users who are viewing this thread