What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Lee Evans < Chris Henry(Cin) (1 Viewer)

Brother Mouzone

Footballguy
It might be a little early for this but I'm just going to draw a little comparison...

Lee Evans: very fast, good route running, decent hands but basically his value comes from the long ball threat. He'll catch around 4-5 balls a game and there's always a possibility he'll grab one of those 2-3 long balls Losman or Edwards will throw.

Chris Henry: fast, good route running, decent hands, tall (6'4) but basically he's a long ball threat and a redzone threat.

Both of these WRs have the odd 7+ catch game but it is an irregularity.

There is a big difference between Evans and Henry that I'm leaving out. WR1 vs WR3 on his team. However looking a bit closer that might not be as big an advantage as it appears to be.

Palmer - 250/380 - 2793yds -18tds - believe it or not Henry has had more targets than Chad Johnson since he's been back.

Losman/Edwards - 164/256 - 1783yds - 4tds - Evans only has 7 catches more than Josh Reed.

I'm not trying to say either of these guys are WR1 or even WR2 on your fantasy teams (lets hope not anyway) I just watched Henry with the Bengals the last two weeks and couldn't help but think of the likeness from a fantasy perspective. As far as fantasy goes if you have a flex spot or you start 3 WR I think both need to be plugged in (based on matchups of course).

I've been watching Lee all year and I personally think he would be more effective as a WR2 but at the moment there's no one else to fill the WR1 role. Last year he had a fantastic year but it looks like he'll come back down to earth with the rest of the non Steve Smith/Marvin Harrison receivers. I'm going to monitor Henry's next couple of games. As I've said, he's only played in two this year - that needs to be considered. But I think with all the talk of Chad leaving town there could be a chance for him to step into that WR2 role. There's plenty of balls being thrown being thrown in Cinci - maybe this kid is undervalued from a fantasy standpoint.

Henry is definitely a guy to watch in dynasty leagues. His price tag is pretty low given his talent level. The real question with him is the off field stuff. It can be hard for troublemakers like Henry to straighten out. Sure, they might get their act together for a while, but the relapse rate is pretty high. Guys like Travis Henry and Antonio Bryant are walking proof of this.

Nevertheless, Henry is a dynamic talent who could become a top 15-20 type WR. I'm not sure when his contract is up, but if he can stay out of trouble for the next couple of years then he could get big free agent money and a starting job. There's also the possibility of him taking over if the Bengals trade Chad Johnson. I don't know if I'm buying that scenario just yet, but it's certainly not out of the question.

Tacticalone said:
I've been watching Lee all year and I personally think he would be more effective as a WR2 but at the moment there's no one else to fill the WR1 role. Last year he had a fantastic year but it looks like he'll come back down to earth with the rest of the non Steve Smith/Marvin Harrison receivers.
LOL no, he just needs a real QB

look what happened to Steve Smith with Carr.....or Randy Moss with McClown/Tuiasasopo/Walter.....

:popcorn:

Last edited by a moderator:
You are way underestimating Evans. He is a legit #1 wr in the NFL and probably in the top 10 in overall talent. Just in a terrible passing offense.

But make no mistake about it, the guy can do it all. You put him on a big time passing offense, and he would post some monster stats.

Both are terrific WRs. Evans is basically a victim of being in a poor offense, while Henry is on a team with 2 stud WRs in the starting lineup. Nonetheless, both are integral parts of their respective teams. I do believe that Evans is the more explosive and talented of the two, though Henry is a truly gifted player. Henry is the quintessential "million dollar body, 10 cent brain" type of player. The mental aspect of the game is the only thing keeping him from being a Top 10 WR for years to come.

I'm dealing with having both Evans and Henry as my #3 WR (Colston and Welker are #1 and #2) in my 12-team league. I guessed right last week with Henry starting (wasn't hard,considering Evans' historical struggle with the Patriots), but it is going to be tough going forward. Jacksonville is 24th against the pass, so it will likely be Evans starting for me this week, though that could change if Tennessee's secondary is banged up.

Tacticalone said:
I've been watching Lee all year and I personally think he would be more effective as a WR2 but at the moment there's no one else to fill the WR1 role. Last year he had a fantastic year but it looks like he'll come back down to earth with the rest of the non Steve Smith/Marvin Harrison receivers.
LOL no, he just needs a real QB

look what happened to Steve Smith with Carr.....or Randy Moss with McClown/Tuiasasopo/Walter.....

:popcorn:
I meant that more along the lines of another substantial threat on the other side of the field. But you're right Losman isn't exactly a quality starting QB. As far as comparing Lee Evans to Steve Smith.... He's had a poor season and he's had some injury problems. He's still a guy who's been solid his whole career and Lee's still a guy who had one good year.

And Randy Moss admitted to not trying so...

I'm not trying to dog Lee Evans. I think he's a very talented receiver. I've just been hearing a lot of talk about Evans being a must start due to his big play ability and upon watching the last two Cincy games I see Chris Henry doing all the things Evans gets hyped for.

Tacticalone said:
It might be a little early for this but I'm just going to draw a little comparison...

Lee Evans: very fast, good route running, decent hands but basically his value comes from the long ball threat. He'll catch around 4-5 balls a game and there's always a possibility he'll grab one of those 2-3 long balls Losman or Edwards will throw.

Chris Henry: fast, good route running, decent hands, tall (6'4) but basically he's a long ball threat and a redzone threat.

There is a big difference between Evans and Henry that I'm leaving out. WR1 vs WR3 on his team. However looking a bit closer that might not be as big an advantage as it appears to be.

Palmer - 250/380 - 2793yds -18tds - believe it or not Henry has had more targets than Chad Johnson since he's been back.

Losman/Edwards - 164/256 - 1783yds - 4tds - Evans only has 7 catches more than Josh Reed.

I'm not trying to say either of these guys are WR1 or even WR2 on your fantasy teams (lets hope not anyway) I just watched Henry with the Bengals the last two weeks and couldn't help but think of the likeness from a fantasy perspective. As far as fantasy goes if you have a flex spot or you start 3 WR I think both need to be plugged in (based on matchups of course).

I've been watching Lee all year and I personally think he would be more effective as a WR2 but at the moment there's no one else to fill the WR1 role. Last year he had a fantastic year but it looks like he'll come back down to earth with the rest of the non Steve Smith/Marvin Harrison receivers. I'm going to monitor Henry's next couple of games. As I've said, he's only played in two this year - that needs to be considered. But I think with all the talk of Chad leaving town there could be a chance for him to step into that WR2 role. There's plenty of balls being thrown being thrown in Cinci - maybe this kid is undervalued from a fantasy standpoint.
Evans last 2 seasons non ppr are top ten, a #1 clearly, especially if your league rewards long TD's. And no one in any of my dynasty leagues has undervalued henry in a long time, at least not talent wise. His value is what it is because he's a suspension waiting to happen.

I meant that more along the lines of another substantial threat on the other side of the field. But you're right Losman isn't exactly a quality starting QB.

As far as comparing Lee Evans to Steve Smith.... He's had a poor season and he's had some injury problems. He's still a guy who's been solid his whole career and Lee's still a guy who had one good year.

And Randy Moss admitted to not trying so...

I'm not trying to dog Lee Evans. I think he's a very talented receiver. I've just been hearing a lot of talk about Evans being a must start due to his big play ability and upon watching the last two Cincy games I see Chris Henry doing all the things Evans gets hyped for.
one good year ?? am i miss something here ??

:goodposting:

843yds, 9td

743yds, 7td

1292yds, 8td

why don't you check the first 3 seasons stats in the NFL for Chad Johnson, Terrell Owens, Steve Smith, Reggie Wayne ?

all of them with better QB and in a better system

:unsure:

Last edited by a moderator:
Tacticalone said:

Lee Evans is a mockery of a sham of a travesty of an injustice. In short, he sucks..last season, you got the big game out of him every now and again, now he looks like a lesser version of Bernard Berrian, i.e, a streaky WR who isn't streaking..at least Berrian produces...

Evans is worthless..I'll never draft him again..I mean, it took 8 weeks for him to get things rolling last season, and we're still waiting on him, this season.

what a waste of space this guy is

Tacticalone said:

Lee Evans is a mockery of a sham of a travesty of an injustice. In short, he sucks..last season, you got the big game out of him every now and again, now he looks like a lesser version of Bernard Berrian, i.e, a streaky WR who isn't streaking..at least Berrian produces...

Evans is worthless..I'll never draft him again..I mean, it took 8 weeks for him to get things rolling last season, and we're still waiting on him, this season.

what a waste of space this guy is
:goodposting:

Users who are viewing this thread