What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Legedu Naanee Arrested (1 Viewer)

boilerdave

Footballguy
Just saw this on the Indianapolis Star website.

http://www.indystar.com/article/20110215/L...rested-Downtown

San Diego Charger arrested Downtown

Feb 15, 2011

A San Diego Chargers wide receiver was arrested Saturday after police said he was intoxicated and resisted police near the scene of a fatal shooting Downtown.

An Indianapolis Metropolitan Police Department report said officers used tear gas on Legedu A. Naanee, 27, after they say he attempted to cross yellow tape marking off an area where detectives were investigating a fatal shooting near South Meridian and East Georgia streets about 3:20 a.m. Saturday.

Naanee, Chula Vista, Calif., was arrested on preliminary charges of public intoxication and resisting arrest. He was released later that day.

The San Diego Union-Tribune reports Chargers WR Legedu Naanee was arrested in Indianapolis early Saturday and charged with public intoxication and resisting arrest. According to police, Naanee came across an active crime scene at about 3:20 a.m. and was told he would have to turn around or go in another direction. Naanee, who according to police had a “strong odor of an alcoholic beverage on or about his breath or person,” asked the officer why he was being “such an (expletive).” The police officer said after several attempts to get Naanee to leave the scene failed, he told Naanee he was under arrest. Naanee “actively began to pull away” and the officer used pepper spray but Naanee continued to resist. Eventually he was handcuffed and as he was being walked to the police car, Naanee said, according to police, “Do you know who I am? I am an NFL player and I’m going to sue your ###.”

:confused:

ahhh the old "Do you know who I am?" trick....

A.J. tends to not like stuff like this. With Naanee a FA and the franchise tag just placed on Jackson, Naanee's days in SD may be numbered.

I get the funny feeling that if there is a lockout (and thus no accountability in terms of NFL discipline) that profootballtalk will be more than busy enough with these kinds of stories.

-QG

I already feel like these stories are on the uptick a little.

Naanee isn't good enough for this to matter to anyone.

While Legedu may be the 2005 version of ReShard Lee around here, reality is, he will be lucky to put up Reche Caldwell-type numbers for his career. If he is not resigned, it will be interesting to see the level of dedication Floyd is given.

I get the funny feeling that if there is a lockout (and thus no accountability in terms of NFL discipline) that profootballtalk will be more than busy enough with these kinds of stories. -QG
And they would love every second of it. Let's pray Farve doesn't do DWTS as that will be a daily story.

killface said:
Including SD. I thought Naanee would have a chance to excel last season but in my mind he was a big disappointment on the field. Certainly didn't produce enough to be missed. I'd prefer grooming a younger player with more upside.

killface said:
Including SD. I thought Naanee would have a chance to excel last season but in my mind he was a big disappointment on the field. Certainly didn't produce enough to be missed. I'd prefer grooming a younger player with more upside.
Vikes will sign him
Wow, a drunken Viking dig. One of the very rare schticks that's even older than the Bengals getting arrested digs.-QG

Users who are viewing this thread