What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Less points for rushing yards (1 Viewer)

kerpow

Footballguy
In an effort to slightly decrease the value of RBs, our commish has reduced Rushing to 15yds per fantasy point but left Receiving at 10yds per point.

Other than that its a standard redraft league - 12 team, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex. No PPR

I've put these scoring settings in DD but would like a more human opinion. How would this affect your draft strategy? No WDID, just thoughts please.

According to DD, here are the top 12 picks

1. MJD

2. ADP

3. Moss

4. Fitz

5. SJax

6. AJ

7. Calvin Johnson

8. Brady

9. Turner

10. LT

11. Steve Smith

12. Slaton

Last edited by a moderator:
why didnt he just make it PPR?
I don't know. I'm not crazy about it but I know there are people in my league who won't think through the implications of the change which I can, consequently, capitilse on. I'm certain that Turner and DWill will still be top 5 picks but have actually lost 50 points in value over the season.

Bump.

I know its not going to be a popular scoring system with the SP - just looking for some opinions.

It irritates me when fools change the scoring system "to even out the positions". Who is the most valuable on the field,I would the O-line, but they are hard to quantify and show in all position players so, no doubt, the QB is the most valuable. he should score the most points. 2nd most valuable, arguably the RB, they should score the second most points, and 3rd the WR, now some WRs will outscore the RBs and hence, they will be more valuable. Plus, if you start 3 WRs that roughly equals 2 RBs. To me, someone who adjusts scoring to "even out the positions" is short sighted. And PPR is gay. I feel sorry for people who don't get the essence of fantasy football.

:mellow:

It irritates me when fools change the scoring system "to even out the positions". Who is the most valuable on the field,I would the O-line, but they are hard to quantify and show in all position players so, no doubt, the QB is the most valuable. he should score the most points. 2nd most valuable, arguably the RB, they should score the second most points, and 3rd the WR, now some WRs will outscore the RBs and hence, they will be more valuable. Plus, if you start 3 WRs that roughly equals 2 RBs. To me, someone who adjusts scoring to "even out the positions" is short sighted. And PPR is gay. I feel sorry for people who don't get the essence of fantasy football. :lmao:
:mellow: To address kerpow, I would be curious to see what DD has for the 12-24 and 25-36 ranked players. This is where you can capitalise.

one of my leagues did something similar in which did rbs 12 total yds = 1 pt and wr /te 10 total yds = 1 pt

this was instead of ppr which i like since guys like m turner won't lose as much value

one of my leagues did something similar in which did rbs 12 total yds = 1 pt and wr /te 10 total yds = 1 ptthis was instead of ppr which i like since guys like m turner won't lose as much value
Not sure why you would want someone as valuable to his team a M Turner is to lose any value at all, especially to a TE? ;)I'll get off my high horse, I am starting to sound like an old man. :bag:

the fact that a RB can catch a dump-off, get stuffed 10 yards behind the line of scrimmage, and receive a point = gay
a RB can have a statline of:4 attempts, -1 yards, 2 TDs for 12 points and outscore a guy who had 20 attempts, 119 yards, 0 TDs. yes, we get it, it's not always fair.the MOST fair way would be to reward +1 point for a first down. that way, WRs still get more points from the added stat than RBs (since most receptions are long enough for 1st downs anyway), and the stat is meaningful to cheer for.

the fact that a RB can catch a dump-off, get stuffed 10 yards behind the line of scrimmage, and receive a point = gay
a RB can have a statline of:4 attempts, -1 yards, 2 TDs for 12 points and outscore a guy who had 20 attempts, 119 yards, 0 TDs. yes, we get it, it's not always fair.the MOST fair way would be to reward +1 point for a first down. that way, WRs still get more points from the added stat than RBs (since most receptions are long enough for 1st downs anyway), and the stat is meaningful to cheer for.
yes, that could happen...but it doesn't happen nearly as much as the first scenario i laid out.i would absolutely be in for point per first down. it's rewarding for a positive.

actually the 10 yd loss would negate the reception point.i play in ppr and non-ppr leagues. enjoy em both.to the OP, changing to 15 for 1 is lame. but everyone has a different opinion on how FF leagues should be run. why did he not put up a vote? things like that should be voted on, majority rules.

To address kerpow, I would be curious to see what DD has for the 12-24 and 25-36 ranked players. This is where you can capitalise.
13-24Chris JohnsonBreesGoreDWillWayneForteWhitePortisJennings JacobsBrownManning25-36Westbrook ThomasbarberBoldinBoweTOKevin SmithWittenDMacRodgersWelkerColstonI would think that Steve Smith should be available in the second round so pairing him up with a receiving HB like Slaton oe Gore would be ideal. Bowe or Colston would make an excellent WR2.

It irritates me when fools change the scoring system "to even out the positions". Who is the most valuable on the field,I would the O-line, but they are hard to quantify and show in all position players so, no doubt, the QB is the most valuable. he should score the most points. 2nd most valuable, arguably the RB, they should score the second most points, and 3rd the WR, now some WRs will outscore the RBs and hence, they will be more valuable. Plus, if you start 3 WRs that roughly equals 2 RBs. To me, someone who adjusts scoring to "even out the positions" is short sighted. And PPR is gay. I feel sorry for people who don't get the essence of fantasy football. :excited:
Just curious what you'd think about QB passing points being changed for 1 point per 10 yards passing and 6 points per passing TD. It certainly makes QB's a vital position to have. My league has done this for years and absolutely love it. We just feel it's more real to the game.

It irritates me when fools change the scoring system "to even out the positions". Who is the most valuable on the field,I would the O-line, but they are hard to quantify and show in all position players so, no doubt, the QB is the most valuable. he should score the most points. 2nd most valuable, arguably the RB, they should score the second most points, and 3rd the WR, now some WRs will outscore the RBs and hence, they will be more valuable. Plus, if you start 3 WRs that roughly equals 2 RBs. To me, someone who adjusts scoring to "even out the positions" is short sighted. And PPR is gay. I feel sorry for people who don't get the essence of fantasy football. :excited:
Just curious what you'd think about QB passing points being changed for 1 point per 10 yards passing and 6 points per passing TD. It certainly makes QB's a vital position to have. My league has done this for years and absolutely love it. We just feel it's more real to the game.
It's hard to get people to do this, but yeah, I totally agree with it. I would guess the top 15+ scorers in your league each year are QBs, but that is the way it should be. QB is the by far the most valued position and scoring should reflect that. :eek:

Yeah, TD vultures do skew the values of a player to his team. But this is one exception to the many negative exceptions of PPR. I would rather skew a player to points put on a scoreboard than a stat page. Not sure where people lose their train of thought. :excited:

Users who are viewing this thread