What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

letter jacket help (1 Viewer)

SWC

Bromigo
hey brohans I have a little angel who has 9 varsity letters thru her junior year and all of the pins keep falling off back on my day they sewed the bars on is that still a thing and if so does anyone know of a bit national place that still does that I would appreciate any links or info you have thank you all take that to the bank bromigos

hey brohans I have a little angel who has 9 varsity letters thru her junior year and all of the pins keep falling off back on my day they sewed the bars on is that still a thing and if so does anyone know of a bit national place that still does that I would appreciate any links or info you have thank you all take that to the bank bromigos
Pins? Do you have a sample photo? I've never seen this.

One letter per sport.
Pins with like a folding needle that latches?
The letters are like shag carpet- loops and a hard(ish) backing. Ya gotta get to the backing because it'll just fall out of the loops.
Pins with a circle backing ya squeeze onto the needle part?
Ya gotta do those thru the non letter part.

I was an accomplished HS athlete with all sorts of this stuff.
We had a tailor in town that also did varsity jackets. Both he and his wife warned me that everything makes holes and will eventually wreck the integrity of the jacket.
During homecoming, I noticed some of the older fans/former players jackets had holes in them by letters and pins.

I only put my basketball accomplishments on my jacket. I got pins for all state all county all league and each 100 over 1000 points and assists and...the tailor had some catalog. They ordered small patches like the pins and sewed them on instead so the pins didn't weaken the fabric.

My girlfriend bought me a jacket same time my dad did. She had other sports I played on that one and wore it with pins on it. It looked ragged by the time I graduated while mine looked fine.

Today, I'd assume your daughter could simply find patches online to replace pins.

That's my experience. Not a sew-er guy or fabric guy but it all seemed to make sense to me and seemed to be factual.

Lastly, Caitlyn Clark had a college jacket on the other day and she only had patches. If ya need to convince your daughter to go this route, maybe that helps

I'm impressed that she earned 9 pins for her varsity jacket. The only pins I earned back then were those heavy metal buttons I wore on my jean jacket.

I'm impressed that she earned 9 pins for her varsity jacket. The only pins I earned back then were those heavy metal buttons I wore on my jean jacket.
I would expect more from a varsity letterman.

Screws fall out all the time - the world is an imperfect place. :shrug:

Screws fall out all the time - the world is an imperfect place. :shrug:
True, there are a lot of people with a screw loose.

Users who are viewing this thread