What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Levine Toilolo ATL TE (1 Viewer)

Widbil83

Footballguy
He's got the starting job in ATL. I don't expect him to be Tony G, but it seems like he's getting zero love in this pass happy offense. What gives?

He's got the starting job in ATL. I don't expect him to be Tony G, but it seems like he's getting zero love in this pass happy offense. What gives?
It's a different role. He's more of a blocking TE
I drafted this guy late and have looked into it. This is not true at all. He blocked in Stanford with Ertz there, but is in a receiving role in ATL. They have Bear Pascoe and some other guy who are the blocking TEs and Toilolo is the receiving TE. Not sure how everyone is sleeping on a giant, athletic 6'8" TE who is stepping into a void vacated by a consistent top 3-5 fantasy TE, but there seems to be a collective willful blind spot to this potential gem of a TE.

Talent and opportunity are all lining up. Obviously no one expects Tony G numbers, but if he is healthy I'm not sure how Toilolo does not finish in the top 10.

5th rounder Levine Toilolo is expected to be the Falcons' starting tight end this season after the team failed to draft one this weekend.

GM Thomas Dimitroff says whoever plays tight end in Atlanta is going to be "an inline player." That means Toilolo is going to be blocking most of the time, while the Falcons trot out more three-wide sets this season.

I'm sure he'll end the year with a non-zero # of TDs since he's freakin 6'8 260 and is athletic but he isn't an adept pass catcher/route runner. He'll almost be non existent in between the 20s and not someone you'll ever feel super confident starting outside the deepest of leagues.

If he's a sleeper he's a boring one. His upside would be fairly low. Certainly lesser than a Travis Kelce or a Fleener/Allen combo. I thought he was fairly well dissected this offseason. Sort of upsetting seeing some of these players brought up again 2 days before the season starts when I don't think there is much to see. (And I know my opinion shouldn't stop discussion, even if it is rehashed. Just felt it needed saying.)

Users who are viewing this thread