What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Lidge (1 Viewer)

my man otis

Footballguy
Blown save #1.

Pujols STILL has all his mojo.

Couple more of these and look for Wheeler in the 9th.

Sheesh.

Glad to know he's in post season form.Even though he didn't get the win, Oswalt looked good.
Yeah, good line. Duke impressed me, esp w/o any Ks. They took him out after only 79 pitches, so maybe they'll watch to not overwork him this year.

I was on here last year saying that ever since that moonshot from Pujols, Lidge has been DONE!

He is not a closer anymore

I wouldn't take him as a closer ever.

I was on here last year saying that ever since that moonshot from Pujols, Lidge has been DONE!He is not a closer anymoreI wouldn't take him as a closer ever.
I said the same thing at the beginning of last year and I remember somebody rolling their eyes at me.

A few things about last night.

Lidge actually looked good the first two batters. He was the beneficiary of an expanded strike zone for sure, but he blew away the first hitter, and the second batter hit a week grounder to third. BUT, once he blew, he blew. The homer may not have been out in all ballparks, but it was hit pretty good. Then there was a double and a walk. Fans were booing something harsh, I felt bad for the guy, as he is a really good guy, and has always been a professional. But Garner let him hang in there and get the last out of the inning which was good.

Wheeler only pitched 1/3 of an inning, so you can't exactly annoint him the next closer just yet.

And Qualls, who I think has really good stuff, just left a ball out there for Bay to HAMMER in the 10th.

It's too bad, as Oswalt was friggin awesome again last night. Something like 72 of his 95 pitches were strikes. I don't have the actual count of balls touched by bats, but it was real low. Oswalt at home has something like a 53-18 lifetime mark with an era hovering around 2.00. At Minute Maid, that's plain sick.

I was on here last year saying that ever since that moonshot from Pujols, Lidge has been DONE!He is not a closer anymoreI wouldn't take him as a closer ever.
I said the same thing at the beginning of last year and I remember somebody rolling their eyes at me.
It was probably the same person who defended him saying he had converted 10 saves in a row or something like that. Nevermind that his ERA was a stellar 11.50 during that time.

It was probably the same person who defended him saying he had converted 10 saves in a row or something like that. Nevermind that his ERA was a stellar 11.50 during that time.
That same person is Phil Garner, who insists that we have nothing to fear. I would like to see him and Tim Purpura have to face the east coast media instead of these pillow fluffers in Houston.

Users who are viewing this thread