What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

**Lions at Bucs** (+3, 42.5) "Creamsicle Bowl" 4:25 (1 Viewer)

thanks MoP

get in here @Grahamburn

it’s time for The Airing of the Grievances

actually some pretty memorable games from back in NFC Central days.

will be back later to reminisce & post clips.

I’ll be at this game. Taking my 6 year and going with my two brother in laws. Should be fun.
Damn. 6 already?! Time really does fly.

Been to many Lions’ games as I’d say they’ve always been a second favorite team for me. Calvin Johnson was my favorite non-Buc of all time. He killed us in week 1 2011 with a pair of TDs. God that game was hot. Fans heading into the concourse to get out of the sun. Brutal.

I’ll be at this game. Taking my 6 year and going with my two brother in laws. Should be fun.

Creating lifelong memories is one of the best things a dad can do. Grateful my butthole father got that part right lol. So many memories from Tiger Stadium & the Silverdome. One thing I’ve passed on to BL Jr who is doing that with his daughters now.

I was at this game....the move Barry put on Lynch was right in front of me (at 1:44 mark)...will never forget it.
Worse than I remember. He could probably show up Sunday and still gash us for 100+ and a TD.

Creating lifelong memories is one of the best things a dad can do. Grateful my butthole father got that part right lol. So many memories from Tiger Stadium & the Silverdome. One thing I’ve passed on to BL Jr who is doing that with his daughters now.
Yea I truly do not have much of a relationship with my old man but he did take me to Bucs games when I was younger and those were some of my fondest memories. Weird he got that right and so much other stuff wrong.

Yea I truly do not have much of a relationship with my old man but he did take me to Bucs games when I was younger and those were some of my fondest memories. Weird he got that right and so much other stuff wrong.
I’ll consider myself lucky then. My Dad got the Bucs’ part and the father part right.

Haha felt that.

Mine has been gone for 7 years and I’m at peace with the whole thing. Still have a gazillion fond memories of growing up with my siblings and an awesome mom. Overall **** that guy but it is what it is. Good life lesson to break that chain.

I’ll consider myself lucky then. My Dad got the Bucs’ part and the father part right.
Hell yea you are. And that’s what I’m going to do with my two boys.

Haha felt that.

Mine has been gone for 7 years and I’m at peace with the whole thing. Still have a gazillion fond memories of growing up with my siblings and an awesome mom. Overall **** that guy but it is what it is. Good life lesson to break that chain.
Glad you still have fond memories. So do I with others.

I often tell people in a weird way it was good (??? Not the right word) that he was an alcoholic and abusive bc it taught me I didn’t want to be that way. So I guess he taught me something after all.

Should be a fun game to watch.
Lions are who we thought they were.
Bucs are better than who we thought they were.
Always liked Goff,thought he was piled on unfairly.
Was never a fan of Mayfield but I'll gove him some props this year,He's got the Bucs offense playing well.
I think The Lions are a better team overall but The Bucs at home are hard to pass by.
The Egyptian Sun God is trending inn a positive direction to play,but Super Sam is dinged up.
Mike Evans getting on the field would be big for The Bucs.
For the season I like The Lions more,but for this Sunday I'll go...

Handy Dandy Creamsicle Pirates- 27
Detroit Lions Blue- 23

Damn. 6 already?! Time really does fly.
Turning 6 on Thursday. And then we are having our second on Friday. It flies by and we all have to appreciate the moments. 🥺
That is so awesome that you are taking your son.
He will remember these events the rest of his life.
I can remember every game I went to with my dad in the old Orange Bowl in Miami

Sorry for those who came in for Bucs-Lions breakdowns lol uhhhh both teams are pretty good should be a fun game.

What is all this wholesome crap? Let’s get some trash talking going.
The Bucs have won the Lions division more recently than the Lions have lol. The last time they played in that division was 2001.

(Most of my family is in Michigan so we’ve been going back and forth all week)

Lions are going to get run out of the C.I.T.S. on Sunday
That's Community Investment Tax Stadium also known as Ray Jay

The Lions are going from turd indoors to natural grass, yes they beat KC Week 1 but Tampa is a different kind of sod
The field at the New Sombrero is changed out more often than any other stadium in America, look it up

Tom's Sod I think is the one who is responsible for this field

-Did I say turd? I meant turf
Friday Morning prediction
Bucs hand the Lions a big loss after their 4-1 start. Baker is awarded a key to the New Sombrero so he can once again start filming Progressive Commercials

Detroit has the most complete offense in the NFL.
- A beast of an OL.
- Goff running the offense at an elite level.
- Monty is a beast at RB
- Amon-Ra and Reynolds as two of the most reliable WR in the NFL.
- LaPorta emerging as a top 3 TE in the league, the best RAC TE in the league.
- Jamo with super human speed who takes the top off of any defense.

As long as the Lions defense can get a few stops, and with their DL they will, the Lions are going to win. DET 34, TB 20.

Detroit has the most complete offense in the NFL.
- A beast of an OL.
- Goff running the offense at an elite level.
- Monty is a beast at RB
- Amon-Ra and Reynolds as two of the most reliable WR in the NFL.
- LaPorta emerging as a top 3 TE in the league, the best RAC TE in the league.
- Jamo with super human speed who takes the top off of any defense.

As long as the Lions defense can get a few stops, and with their DL they will, the Lions are going to win. DET 34, TB 20.

Shawtup

Lions are going to get run out of the C.I.T.S. on Sunday
That's Community Investment Tax Stadium also known as Ray Jay

The Lions are going from turd indoors to natural grass, yes they beat KC Week 1 but Tampa is a different kind of sod
The field at the New Sombrero is changed out more often than any other stadium in America, look it up

Tom's Sod I think is the one who is responsible for this field

-Did I say turd? I meant turf
Friday Morning prediction
Bucs hand the Lions a big loss after their 4-1 start. Baker is awarded a key to the New Sombrero so he can once again start filming Progressive Commercials

You shawtup too

Old Kings of the Southron are gonna knock off the New Kings of the North? I don’t think so. You and what army?

Hey it’s the annual Salute to Heroes / Military Appreciation month; maybe see if the Marine Corps 3rd division is deployed rn. They recently finished UNITAS, might have some free time to help you out.

I see your 282 pound DT 1st round pick is healthy again. I triple dog dare you to throw him in there against a Ragnow (PFF #2 C) and Glasgow (PFF #2 G) double team.

Let’s see what happens.

Welp OK serious analysis free of sarcasm.

Baker is playing well. Which is probably hard for some narrow minded linear thinking FFers to understand but it’s a system he’s comfortable in. In the battle of former overall number ones who have disappointed, Baker is in the lead by a country mile. Back here in reality, both are playing at a high level. Goff is the #1 graded PFF QB but credit to Mayfield he’s displaying great leadership and getting it done down.

Detroit has some obvious advantages such as an elite OL versus a front 7 struggling to stop the run, and a defensive front that is stout against the run and pretty pretty good at getting pressure, sacks, QB hits, and generating occasional turnovers.

Evans and Godwin are still great players. Mike is dealing with a hammy but Bowles says he’s a full go for Sunday.

Brian Branch missing another game is impactful. To date NMU* has been a real thing but it’s taking a toll - almost two dozen players have missed games and 6 guys have suffered season ending injuries.

*Next Man Up is not just an idiom in G R I T town

Tampa Bay still has talented defensive players. With Gibbs and possibly LaPorta out, Ben Johnson will have to adjust. Which he will.

I have immense respect for Todd Bowles defensive acumen. I’m not sure he has enough horses though. Not even sure he’s a good HC but he has mastered one side of the ball. [But schematically Todd v Ben is bringing a knife to a gunfight. Could be wrong and I’ll eat my humble pie if I am but this ain’t your momma’s Lions]

Bucs will not be able to run the ball. McNeil and Buggs are a nightmare.

I could see TB hanging around and keeping it close. Detroit is one pretty good at closing out games. But if it’s back n forth and every FG looms large, big advantage to the Florida team. Anything over 45 is shaky for the Lions.

I think scheme and unit cohesiveness prevail; the better team will be win. But it’s gong to be a tough, nasty challenge.

Edit

typos…typos everywhere

also that second part was not as promised sarcasm-free

Last edited:
DETROIT LIONS
Final injury report - Week 6
PlayerPositionInjuryWedThuFriGame Status
Brian BranchCBAnkleDNPDNPDNPout
Jahmyr GibbsRBHamstringDNPDNPDNPout
Jonah JacksonGAnkleDNPDNPDNPout
Bam KnightRBShoulderDNPDNPDNPout
James MitchellTEHamstringDNPDNPDNPout
Emmanuel MoseleyDBKneeDNPDNPDNPout
Joshua PaschalDEKnee(-)(-)LPout
Khalil DorseyDBIllnessFPFPFPquestionable
Sam LaPortaTECalf(-)DNPLPquestionable
Teddy BridgewaterQBNot Injury Related - Personal(-)(-)DNPunspecified
Taylor DeckerOTAnkleLPFPFPunspecified
Frank RagnowCToe/Resting PlayerFPDNPFPunspecified
Amon-Ra St. BrownWRAbdomenLPFPFPunspecified

Lions, even with their banged up OL (always the case lol) is 6th in pressures allowed.

Bucs are 3rd lowest.

Aidan Hutchinson is tied with Maxx Crosby for the most pressures, but keep in mind he's had 30 more true pass rush sets. #97 plays more snaps than any other elite edge rusher.

Team PFF Grades:

OVERALL Detroit 90.3 (3rd) Tampa Bay 71.6 (20th)
  • OFF DET 84.2 (3rd) TB 72.0 (12th)
  • PASS Det 88.6 (1st) TB 72.3 (14th)
  • PASS BLK Det 74.4 (5th) TB 76.3 (1st)
  • RECV 77.3 (3rd) 71.6 (12th)
  • RUN Det 77.2 (11th) TB 75.4 (12th)
  • RUN BLK Det 72.5 (4th) TB 52.2 (25th)

• DEF Det 77.3 TB 63.5 (24th)
  • RDEF Det 75.6 (3rd) 44.4 (32nd)
  • TACK Det 57.3 (18th) 58.2 (16th)
  • PRSH Det 70.8 (19th) TB 73.6 (11th)
  • COV Det 77.1 TB 68.1 (17th)

• SPEC Det 69.0 (21st) TB 55.3 (31st)

Kancey played week 1, but only had 11 snaps before aggravating his calf injury from training camp. If he’s a full go he could make Goff’s life in the pocket miserable with lightning quick interior pressure.

I think this comes down to Baker’s performance. Can he exploit Detroit’s dinged up secondary?

Bucs should be fully healthy after their bye. And, we’re talking about the lie-downs here. Every win is more pressure. They’re due to drop one to quiet the “contender” chatter.

Kancey played week 1, but only had 11 snaps before aggravating his calf injury from training camp. If he’s a full go he could make Goff’s life in the pocket miserable with lightning quick interior pressure.

I think this comes down to Baker’s performance. Can he exploit Detroit’s dinged up secondary?

Bucs should be fully healthy after their bye. And, we’re talking about the lie-downs here. Every win is more pressure. They’re due to drop one to quiet the “contender” chatter.

Huge fan of Kancey, wanted Detroit to snipe him at 1.18 (note to non-fanatics of the teams, TB had the 1.19.) But we got ourselves a nice MLB consolation prize. I think the big question remaining for Kancey is will he be able to succeed solely as a designated pass rusher? He doesn't have the play strength to be an every down IDL and while his college tape was special it wasn't like he was doing it in the SEC.

He's on a learning curve process but #46 ILB Jack Campbell should see increased snaps this week. That's what MCDC said they intended to do, and this administration (the whole retooled org) has made transparency a central tenet of the new culture they have built. One day Jack will be the MLB wearing the green dot helmet, but the first five weeks of his career has seen a plethora of deployments. One week he's dropping off to pick up WRs on crossers, the next week he's rushing from the OLB/ED positions, the next week he's stuffing ball carriers. He has made his share of mistakes - in the most recent game he gave up a TE touchdown to Tremble and later committed a red zone illegal contact penalty that gave the Panthers a fresh set. There have been a few bright spots and you catch a glimmer of what he'll be, but for the most part it's been this avante garde experiment of let's see if the rook can handle a whole other set of packages this week. Frankly I don't know what his role will be the remainder of 2023 but they are "pleased with where he is at", whatever that means.

Baker is mostly underneath and in the flats this year. I'll post the pasing pressure, concepts and depth stats for both QBs in a moment. EDIT - No I won't be able to copy pasta bc I forgot PFF encodes their tables and the formatting won't carry over. But the obvious mismatch is Evans on (presumably) #23 Jerry Jacobs. I'm not aware if Tampa Bay flips their WRs but I can look it up. #1 Cam Sutton does not travel. He almost always lines up at LCB and Jacobs at RCB, and 100% of snaps is the norm for both. S and Slot CB are a bit up in the air still with Branch out but for Bucs fans, when you see #25 in a white jersey you should smile bc Will Harris can't cover ****. If you see #6 Ifeatu Melifonwu it will be a little harder; the 2021 3rd rounder is finally showing up after a series of injuries. At Safety #21 Tracy Walker III and #31 Kerby Joseph are playing at a high level. We miss CJGJ but it was not a fatal blow.

I'm glad you guys are healthy. We have been seeing a lot of mid-week injuries but MCDC says it's always a balance trying to figure out pads/no pads or go hard / 7-on-7 run throughs. Detroit has pretty intense practices but bc the HC and many of the staff are former players they def have the players health in the forefront of their minds. Really unfortunate what has been happening but I don't blame the coaching staff. It's a violent game and injuries are a normal part of the NFL and competition in general.

Detroit carries itself well. They are confident in what they can do, believe 100% in the vision and trust the position coaches are putting them in a position to win the individual battles. But they are kind of a humble team. They chirp a lot but mostly it's hyping each other up. They know how hard it is to win one game in the NFL. Every week is a test, a new challenge, and it you don't put in the work you'll get your *** handed to you by a lesser team. There are no easy outs. But they have learned how to persevere through adversity and how to close out games. They. do. not. care. if you march down the play in 10 5-7 yard increments, bc they know on play 11 the ball might come out or they intercept and everything swings the other way. They are tough physically and they grind it out mentally. It is a battle of wills and they think want it more, it's just a matter of convincing the other team by continually beating the hell out of them.

Last edited:
alright, abbreviated version of comparing the QB matchup; I don't have the time or patient to copy all the data so here are the highlights:

Baker Mayfield 1st pick of the 2018 NFL draft

Overall Stats
  • 141 drop backs
  • 87-125 69.6%
  • 882 yards
  • 7 TDs 2 INT
  • 3 Big Time Throws 2.3% | 4 Turnover Worthy Plays 2.7%
  • 8.1 ADoT
  • 3 dropped passes on target
  • 3 batted balls 7 throwaways 0 Hit As Thrown
  • 46 pressures 4 sacks 8.7% P2S%
  • 2.90 Time To Throw
  • 12 Scrambles
  • NFL passer rating 101.5

Passing Pressure
  • KEPT CLEAN
    64-90-71.1%-548-4-2 1 BTT 3 TWP 92.3
  • UNDER PRESSURE
    23-35-65.7%-334-3-0 2 BTT 1 TWP 125.2
  • NOT BLITZED
    60-86-69/8%-508-4-2 1 BTT 4 TWP 90.6
  • WHEN BLITZED
    27-39-69.2%-374-3-0 2 BTT 0 TWP
Passing Concept
  • PLAY ACTION
    25-41-61.0-313-2-1 1 BTT 1 TWP
  • NO PLAY ACTION
    62-84-73.8%-569-5-1 2 BTT 3 TWP
  • SCREEN
    10-11-90.9%-33-0-0 0 BTT 0 TWP
  • NO SCREEN
    77-114-67.5%-849-7-2 3 BTT 4 TWP
Passing Depth
  • Deep (20+)
    4-12-33.3%-2-0 2 BTT 0 TWP
  • Medium (10-19)
    15-28-53.6%-0-2 1 BTT 3 TWP
  • Short (0-9)
    48-53-90.6%-5-0 0 BTT 1 TWP
  • Behind LOS
    20-22-90.9%-0-0 0 BTT 0 TWP
Jared Goff 1st pick of the 2016 NFL draft

Overall Stats
  • 168 drop backs
  • 111-159 69.8%
  • 1264 yards
  • 9 TDs 3 INT
  • 9 Big Time Throws 5.5% | 3 Turnover Worthy Plays 1.7%
  • 7.4 ADoT
  • 3 dropped passes on target
  • 4 batted balls 7 throwaways 1 Hit As Thrown
  • 57 pressures 7 sacks 12.3% P2S%
  • 2.58 Time To Throw
  • 2 Scrambles
  • NFL passer rating 104.4

Passing Pressure
  • KEPT CLEAN
    83-110-75.5%-938-7-1 7 BTT 1 TWP
  • UNDER PRESSURE
    28-49-57.1%-326-2-2 2 BTT 2 TWP
  • NOT BLITZED
    79-106-74.5%-949-8-1 6 BTT 1 TWP
  • WHEN BLITZED
    32-53-60.4%-315-1-2 3 BTT 2 TWP
Passing Concept
  • PLAY ACTION
    34-45-75.6%-451-5-0 0 BTT 0 TWP
  • NO PLAY ACTION
    77-114-67.5%-813-4-3 9 BTT 3 TWP
  • SCREEN
    15-19-78.9%-70-0-0 0 BTT 0 TWP
  • NO SCREEN
    96-140-68.6%-1194-9-3 9 BTT 3 TWP
Passing Depth
  • Deep (20+)
    11-16-68.8%-2-1 5 BTT 1 TWP
  • Medium (10-19)
    20-29-69.0%-4-1 4 BTT 1 TWP
  • Short (0-9)
    61-78-72.0%-3-1 0 BTT 1 TWP
  • Behind LOS
    19-23-69.2%-0-0 0 BTT 0 TWP

Without Branch, CAR got 26 1st downs. Will Baker have a good day vs the Lions on grass? BTW, a cool front has brought the expected GT temp down to about 79, and the humidity to the 50s, instead of 70s. A great day for football.

Without Branch, CAR got 26 1st downs. Will Baker have a good day vs the Lions on grass? BTW, a cool front has brought the expected GT temp down to about 79, and the humidity to the 50s, instead of 70s. A great day for football.

The Panthers had 10 1st downs on their final two meaningless 75 yard TD drives. Twice in the 4th Q Detroit stretched their lead to 25 and Carolina responding by bringing it back to 18. Their first two drives of the half in the 3rd were 3 n out.

Detroit had 4 TDs in their first 5 drives; all 3 Carolina turnovers resulted in a short field TD (20, 38, 31.) Once the game was firmly in their grasp Aaron Glenn switched to a softer coverage and Bryce hit a lot of underneath routes.

Yup. Beautiful here right now.

Goff's away from DET stats have not been good. About a 20 point drop in QB rating. Hence, the 42.5 over under when DET is averaging just under 30 ppg.

Goff's away from DET stats have not been good. About a 20 point drop in QB rating. Hence, the 42.5 over under when DET is averaging just under 30 ppg.
But he is 2-0 on the road, both on grass surfaces.

I do like TB here, home dog coming off a bye.

The Lions have historically been a home team and have been miserable on the road. Goff seems impacted by being on the road and weather conditions. That said, their last three road games have been two wins against GB and one win vs. KC. The Lions are finally a really good team, and hopefully their road woes will be a thing of the past. We will see, they laid a fee turds on the road last season.

The Lions have historically been a home team and have been miserable on the road. Goff seems impacted by being on the road and weather conditions. That said, their last three road games have been two wins against GB and one win vs. KC. The Lions are finally a really good team, and hopefully their road woes will be a thing of the past. We will see, they laid a fee turds on the road last season.
If they sweep the remaining home games and go 5-4 on the road - thats a 12-5 season.

If they sweep the remaining home games and go 5-4 on the road - thats a 12-5 season.

seems low

Detroit has won 6 of their last 7 road games (at CHI, at NYG, at NYJ, at CAR, at GB, at KC, at GB.)

seems low

Detroit has won 6 of their last 7 road games (at CHI, at NYG, at NYJ, at CAR, at GB, at KC, at GB.)

Our toughest games are on the road....Dallas, TB, LAC, and Balt. We could lose those, but we should be favored in 3 of them. I am optimistic that we can get to 14 wins.

Users who are viewing this thread