What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Lions DST - trend or mirage? (1 Viewer)

Ketamine Dreams

Footballguy
The Lions defense is off to a good start. I see them as #1 or #2 in most scoring formats. Out of division games left include: Bucs, Cardinals, Patriots, Dolphins, Falcons, Saints and Bills. Is this likely a trend or a mirage with this unit? I haven't had the chance to watch them this year and am curious if they are legit.

Not a great unit on paper for FF - no identifiable ball hawks or shut down guys in the defensive backfield, they have one outside LB who is awesome but that's about it for the back 7. Due to injuries they're on their 5th Nickelback and a special teamer is their starting MLB. But the front four are very good against the run and disruptive - they blitz more than in the past, but for the most part get plenty of push without sending extra guys.

Good (not great) IRL defense, but still too susceptible to giving up big plays to trust against a good offensive team. They're not a set it and forget it FF defense, but I think you could pair them up with another DST and use them a good half dozen times the ROS.

Users who are viewing this thread