What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

LJ making steady improvement (1 Viewer)

shadyridr

Footballguy
From Rotoworld:

The Chiefs have released a statement regarding Larry Johnson's foot injury."According to our Chiefs medical staff and its most recent evaluation of Larry Johnson last evening, Larry has made significant improvement with less swelling and pain in his injured right foot," the statement reads. "His status will be re-evaluated again early next week with further exams and tests. His status for this week is doubtful to out." Doctors may not know the exact extent of L.J.'s injury until the swelling subsides completely.
Doesnt sound like a year end injury to me :lmao:Feel free to merge into any of the other screwed up threads if you like

From Rotoworld:

The Chiefs have released a statement regarding Larry Johnson's foot injury."According to our Chiefs medical staff and its most recent evaluation of Larry Johnson last evening, Larry has made significant improvement with less swelling and pain in his injured right foot," the statement reads. "His status will be re-evaluated again early next week with further exams and tests. His status for this week is doubtful to out." Doctors may not know the exact extent of L.J.'s injury until the swelling subsides completely.
Doesnt sound like a year end injury to me :lmao:Feel free to merge into any of the other screwed up threads if you like
Very concerned that there is still swelling four days after it happened. But good news that the swelling has gone down a little.

From Rotoworld:

Doesnt sound like a year end injury to me :shrug:Feel free to merge into any of the other screwed up threads if you like
Wow finally a :lmao: on the subject. All you armchair orthopods care to add anything?

Didn't the Chiefs hande the Priest Holmes neck injury the same way? I seem to remember that everyone except the Chiefs were saying for weeks that Priest was done.

This still doesn't tell us anything other than the swelling has gone down.
My point is at least this is info from a team source instead of a bunch of guessing by folks. "Significant improvement" sounds a lot more optimistic then anything else I have heard. Yes, I realize though that this must be taken with a grain of salt.

From Rotoworld:

Doesnt sound like a year end injury to me :unsure: Feel free to merge into any of the other screwed up threads if you like
:tinfoilhat: and Thank you.

This still doesn't tell us anything other than the swelling has gone down.
Maybe it lends credence to the initial line that it was only a sprain. Would the swelling and pain from a break go down significantly after just a few days?
most likely, yes. It's not like he broke his femur, in which the pain would not go away at all until after surgery. The bone he (may have) broke is a small little bone in his midfoot that likely isnt terribly painful. The swelling would go down regardless.

From Rotoworld:

Doesnt sound like a year end injury to me :popcorn:Feel free to merge into any of the other screwed up threads if you like
It sounds like they need an MRI but need the swelling to go down first. They probably think it's broken but want to be sure.

Pardon me if I have over looked this, but I have yet to see a statement the reads "xrays negative". Why have they not address this (again I may have missed this)? They should have been able to tell if there was a fracture before that game even ended. What a joke that the NFL allows this crap.

Wake up folks...it's Thursday and there's been no diagnosis...that's NOT good. There's significant improvement due to less pain and decreased swelling? Improvement from what? A sprain? A break?

I'm not saying he's out all year, but come on....

From Rotoworld:

Doesnt sound like a year end injury to me :shrug:Feel free to merge into any of the other screwed up threads if you like
It sounds like they need an MRI but need the swelling to go down first. They probably think it's broken but want to be sure.
:unsure: How in the world did you get that from the post. My understanding is they have already MRI'ed his foot. If you are cocnerned about a break my understanding is you can see that on MRI with or without swelling (I have confirmed that with a surgeon). If that foot is broken I am pretty sure the Chiefs know it. If it is sprained I can believe they are unsure of the severity. If the foot is broken I am unsure why they would release that his condition is "showing improvement" but I do not run a pro franchise so maybe they are just fooling everyone.

Pardon me if I have over looked this, but I have yet to see a statement the reads "xrays negative". Why have they not address this (again I may have missed this)? They should have been able to tell if there was a fracture before that game even ended. What a joke that the NFL allows this crap.
They have not been able to perform a successful xray on his foot because of the swelling. Therefore the extent of the injury is still unknown.

Swelling could come down 'significantly' whether a break or a sprain (per my NP wife). The swelling needed to come down in order to evaluate better. I need info before this weekend so I can drop him for a scrub fill-in QB (yes, I'm one of 'those' that have Brady, LJ, and Peterson and I'm 9-0 right now, thinking about going w/o a QB this week! as if there's any chance that LJ is good to go by week 15, I'd keep him rostered.

Maybe it lends credence to the initial line that it was only a sprain. Would the swelling and pain from a break go down significantly after just a few days?

Question for the Doctors: If there was a broken bone, would that not show up in an x-ray. Would "swelling" get in the way somehow of an x-ray looking for broken bones? I mean, it's not like if a 500 pound person went to find out if they had a broken rib that somehow their extra weight would get in the way of an X-ray machine, any docs?

They have not been able to perform a successful xray on his foot because of the swelling. Therefore the extent of the injury is still unknown.
Link to that? Not perform X-rays on a foot that you think might be broken? Surgery is put off until swelling subsides but not X-rays. Not usually CT/MRI's. I still think if he has a broken foot it is probably known...the NFL is BS we still do not know what is wrong with Vilma.

Swelling could come down 'significantly' whether a break or a sprain (per my NP wife). The swelling needed to come down in order to evaluate better. I need info before this weekend so I can drop him for a scrub fill-in QB (yes, I'm one of 'those' that have Brady, LJ, and Peterson and I'm 9-0 right now, thinking about going w/o a QB this week! as if there's any chance that LJ is good to go by week 15, I'd keep him rostered.

:bow:

Per Adam Schefter NFL Network 4:15 central NOV 08

In answering a question posed by Rich Eisen about the state of the KC Chiefs offense, Schefter said, " Well, it means they're hoping to get Larry Johnson back sooner rather than later. I had a couple of people tell me that Larry Johnson right now is day to day. So even though he's probably not going to play this week against the Broncos, its very possible he'll be out there the following week."

Per Adam Schefter NFL Network 4:15 central NOV 08In answering a question posed by Rich Eisen about the state of the KC Chiefs offense, Schefter said, " Well, it means they're hoping to get Larry Johnson back sooner rather than later. I had a couple of people tell me that Larry Johnson right now is day to day. So even though he's probably not going to play this week against the Broncos, its very possible he'll be out there the following week."
:wall: :wall: :lmao: :excited: :excited: :excited:

Per Adam Schefter NFL Network 4:15 central NOV 08

In answering a question posed by Rich Eisen about the state of the KC Chiefs offense, Schefter said, " Well, it means they're hoping to get Larry Johnson back sooner rather than later. I had a couple of people tell me that Larry Johnson right now is day to day. So even though he's probably not going to play this week against the Broncos, its very possible he'll be out there the following week."
:wall: I'll believe it when I see it.

Fascinating.

So where's all the guys that kept saying some variation of "Dude, he's done, deal with it"?

Gonna try and wreck this thread too? :lmao:
IMO, regardless if he comes back this season or not, he's not going to be much help. As it was, he was not the same runner this year, behind a weak offensive line on a below average offense. Now AT BEST, he has a sprained foot, which is an awful awful injury, especially for a RB. I have LJ in a few leagues, and I'm not wasting any time wondering if he's coming back this year or not. I'm spending my time trying to make up for his loss the best I can.

I just realized this.

"His status will be re-evaluated again early next week with further exams and tests. His status for this week is doubtful to out," the statement said.

They're not going to re-evaluate until NEXT week, but he is DOUBTFUL to out?

I just realized this.

"His status will be re-evaluated again early next week with further exams and tests. His status for this week is doubtful to out," the statement said.

They're not going to re-evaluate until NEXT week, but he is DOUBTFUL to out?
true, but if they can get him in pads by fantasy playoffs, i'd consider myself lucky.

Gonna try and wreck this thread too? :rolleyes:
IMO, regardless if he comes back this season or not, he's not going to be much help. As it was, he was not the same runner this year, behind a weak offensive line on a below average offense. Now AT BEST, he has a sprained foot, which is an awful awful injury, especially for a RB. I have LJ in a few leagues, and I'm not wasting any time wondering if he's coming back this year or not. I'm spending my time trying to make up for his loss the best I can.
( As a Dynasty Owner of LJ)I suppose with a chance to make the playoffs they will push to get him back if possible. I'm not paying him but I would prefer he heals up before they throw him out on the field with the chance of making the injury worse. I suppose if Priest and Kolby can show something this weekend against a weak Denver running D than it may put off his return. All us LJ owners should hope for a KC victory this weekend behind a reasonably productive running game.

Gonna try and wreck this thread too? :X
Is this thread about your LJ opinion or about his current injury? Let's stick to the news wild fella.

IMO, it does seem strange that they haven't made any "formal" announcements and it is Thursday evening. Usually with season ending injuries, as this has been alleged to be, teams know rather quickly. That makes me thinks this isn't a season ending injury.

Any KC homers heard anything? Usually they will report or discuss this sort of thing on local stations and radio shows.

Is this thread about your LJ opinion or about his current injury? Let's stick to the news wild fella.
Ok, you're right. But, wild fella?

:confused:

NFL.com link. The only extra that hasn't been in this thread is bolded.

"Larry has made significant improvement with less swelling and pain in his injured right foot," the team said in the statement. "His status will be re-evaluated again early next week with further exams and tests."

The statement was signed by Carl Peterson, the Chiefs' president and general manager, and team physician Dr. Jon Browne.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d8...mp;confirm=true

Gonna try and wreck this thread too? :lol:
:lmao:
ha, sorry. it's been a long day. But honestly bro, LJ was coming on as of late. Don't throw in the towel yet. Some of this most recently posted news seems positive.

If LJ comes back from this , and is able to play next week he gets my vote for "toughtest SOB of the year"

Regards,

Proud LJ owner

If LJ comes back from this , and is able to play next week he gets my vote for "toughtest SOB of the year"Regards,Proud LJ owner
Remember that Arizona game last year where LJ basically had his head ripped off and he played the next week. Regardless of what happens, LJ is one tough SOB.

If LJ comes back from this , and is able to play next week he gets my vote for "toughtest SOB of the year"Regards,Proud LJ owner
Herm, just Limit LJ this week 10-12 carries and the goal line work would suffice.

Clearly a smoke screen. The Chiefs did the same thing with Priest a few years ago.

Lis Francs take awhile to diagnose correctly. Use this blurb and take advantage of one of your league mates, that's the Shark Play.

Clearly a smoke screen. The Chiefs did the same thing with Priest a few years ago.Lis Francs take awhile to diagnose correctly. Use this blurb and take advantage of one of your league mates, that's the Shark Play.
agreed. :bag: at the Chiefs and LJ owners wishful thinking.

Last edited by a moderator:
Speaking as an LJ owner, if you're not at least 97% accepting of the notion that he's cooked for the year, you're fooling yourself. I'm hanging on every word like everybody else, but I think we know what we're dealing with. I'd LOVE to be absolutely wrong here.

Clearly a smoke screen. The Chiefs did the same thing with Priest a few years ago.Lis Francs take awhile to diagnose correctly. Use this blurb and take advantage of one of your league mates, that's the Shark Play.
agreed. :hot: at the Chiefs and LJ owners wishful thinking.
I wish them the best, but it's comical how naive they are being regarding the LJ situation.
It's equally comical how non LJ owners and KC haters rush to baseless assumptions and treat them like proven facts. The bottom line is, none of us know anything. People need to quit acting like they know all the intricacies involved in injury diagnosis, not to mention the intricacies of the inner workings in the KC front office. You dudes don't know anything about it, neither do I, neither does anyone really that's not a member of the KC Chiefs.

Last edited by a moderator:
Speaking as an LJ owner, if you're not at least 97% accepting of the notion that he's cooked for the year, you're fooling yourself. I'm hanging on every word like everybody else, but I think we know what we're dealing with. I'd LOVE to be absolutely wrong here.
You might be wrong, you might be right, NOBODY KNOWS. I don't know where you get this 97%? How can you be so sure? There's no indication of KC negotiating with RB roster adds, there's no evidence whatsoever, other than rumor, that LJ is out for the year. What's tiring to me is the endless speculation about some deep secret in the KC office. Why do that? There's no advantage for KC to play coy other than them just not being sure yet about the seriousness of this injury.

I currently have feelers out looking to move LJ for something I can use this year. With a low salary he has solid keeper value for next year. Even if the news is positive for weeks 12-16 I dont see him as a lock to perform. Hence I am targeting those looking towards next year.

Users who are viewing this thread