What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Locking up a backfield with two mid-round picks - Viable RB2 or RB3 st (1 Viewer)

bigmiiiiike

Footballguy
So I've done several mocks this year and find myself frequently only taking one RB in my first two or three picks, employing some version of the Matt Waldman upside-down drafting strategy. When I look for RBs in rounds 4-7, I find guys with question marks as to how big a share of the pie they'll get, like Gore, Ray Rice, Ben Tate, Lamar Miller, MJD, Stephen Jackson. Each of these guys has a RBBC-mate who can be had 2-5 rounds later. On the surface, grabbing Rice and Pierce, or Miller and Moreno, or Jackson and Freeman, makes you feel like you solidified up your RB2 or RB3 spot. Is this true, or fool's gold? What backfield combos do you think will yield ONE mostly reliable starter on a week to week basis? And which combos are you going to be stuck with a muddied RBBC where you hope to guess right on who gets the touches and TD? I suppose you could add Vereen and Ridley to the list, especially in non-PPR. Thoughts?

I have been doing the same thing and hoping to get cj, gore, vereen, or j. Bell in round 5 as my rb2. It seems like a good idea. But I am not opposed to taking my rb2 earlier if the right guy slips. If I get Gore I will try for hyde pretty early. Don't care about ridley with Vereen or ivory with cj

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread