What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

London Fletcher (1 Viewer)

chris_dub

Footballguy
How much gas does he have left in the tank?

He's probably been one of the most consistent, underrated LB's but is turning 36 this year. Do you see him going strong for a few more years, or will we start to see a decline?

:shrug: I traded him last off-season thinking last year would be the year you saw a drop-off. I was wrong, but it's GOTTA be coming soon. Have they drafted a potential replacement lately?

I've come to the conclusion that Fletcher is simply the exception and not the rule. :) Predicting his drop-off has become a fool's errand, IMHO. If I were to make any prediction, it would be that Fletcher will be a tackling machine until he is either carted off the field or just decides one offseason to hang them up. The latter is by far the least likely.

As to "have they drafted a potential replacement", there are 2 LBs currently on the roster that could replace him if it were needed. H.B. Blades was drafted a few years ago and has been learning behind Fletcher ever since. He's shown some promise in the limited work he's been able to get. Last year, Perry Riley was drafted to be an ILB in the 'Skins 3-4 at some point. He had limited PT last season, but he showed flashes when he was in. These draft pick reviews from NFL.com and Bramel look to be spot on, so far.

One of those guys could be fantasy relevant this year as Rocky McIntosh is generally considered gone (FA that most likely won't be re-signed). But as for Fletcher, yeah, I would predict the same old, same old for him this year.

Did wash switch to a 3 4 ? I read last year that they were going to.

Is this the reason for the drop off?

Did wash switch to a 3 4 ? I read last year that they were going to.Is this the reason for the drop off?
they went to a 3-4 a couple years ago. Fletcher was fine in the 3-4 last season. May have to do more with age, opportunity and better players around him

Skins offense is reaching new levels of bad. Producing a lot of tackle opps for Fletcher. Good value now as his early games were stinkers.

He seems to have a couple of games like that every year. For an old guy, he has a nose for the ball and doesn't miss tackles. Very undervalued player.

Users who are viewing this thread