What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Looking for a new/startup Dynasty League (1 Viewer)

eaglesfan7

Footballguy
I am looking to join a new/startup dynasty league where I can draft my own players and start from scratch. I prefer ppr and NO idp but I realize I cannot be ultra picky when looking for a league to join. If idp is included then I am willing to try that for the first time. No more than 16 teams as well. Respond here with a league link or pm me.

Thanks.

I also wanted a startup Dynasty

I noticed that a lot had orphan teams available for varied reasons.

some were great rosters and some were a train wreck with no rookie draft picks

IMO the only Dynasty that would work is one with people you actually know, because it seems that no matter what in a startup dynasty this season that next season you will have a couple orphaned teams for any # of reasons good and Bad.

someone will trade all future rookie pick away

someone will not afford to play nextseason

someone will build an unbeatable Dynasty and everyone else will lose interest and no outsider will want in. not for $$ anyway.

It varied but in the end I decided what I really want is a league that will last for many season with the same people

So I am deciding to do a 2 player Keeper (only keep the same player 2x)Is what would allow the league to go on and on with replacing a couple owners each season if I had to, Because people even with great keepers leave for one reason or another every season,

UNLESS you play with people you actually know,friends work relatives etc.

most of us don't know 12 people who like Fantasy football

If you decide you want a keeper instead of a Dynasty

here is my link

http://forums.footballguys.com/forum/index...howtopic=537946

someone will build an unbeatable Dynasty and everyone else will lose interest and no outsider will want in. not for $$ anyway.
Sorry you have not found the right league. The key isn't knowing everyone in the league, but being selective of who is in the league. First off, being allowed to trade picks for a season you have not paid for is setting a league up for failure. Simple rule, in order to trade the pick you have to own the pick and you shouldn't own the pick until you pay ahead for that season.As far as someone building an unbeatable Dynasty...rules can be in place to force turnover (contracts, salary). I would think the only "unbeatable" dynasty is put together by an experienced player with a league he assembled of inexperienced owners.

Often times experienced owners are the downfall of the league because they let owners that are inexperienced come in without helping them, trying to take advantage of "fresh meat."

Successful Dynasty leagues happen all the time at message boards like this, just as Dynasty leagues born in an office may fold after a year. The successful tend to have clear rulebooks and expectations outlined, along with owners who are going in with open eyes. O

With that, I don't have any league suggestions, but I wouldn't mind getting in.

I also wanted a startup Dynasty

I noticed that a lot had orphan teams available for varied reasons.

some were great rosters and some were a train wreck with no rookie draft picks

IMO the only Dynasty that would work is one with people you actually know, because it seems that no matter what in a startup dynasty this season that next season you will have a couple orphaned teams for any # of reasons good and Bad.

It varied but in the end I decided what I really want is a league that will last for many season with the same people

So I am deciding to do a 2 player Keeper (only keep the same player 2x)Is what would allow the league to go on and on with replacing a couple owners each season if I had to, Because people even with great keepers leave for one reason or another every season,

UNLESS you play with people you actually know,friends work relatives etc.

most of us don't know 12 people who like Fantasy football

If you decide you want a keeper instead of a Dynasty

here is my link

http://forums.footballguys.com/forum/index...howtopic=537946
So what experience has led you to believe that dynasty leagues don't work? They are actually my favorite type of league and as long as they are set-up correctly with a good commish they work just fine

I guess I haven't found one with a good commish yet.

all I see on the message boards is orphan teams available

Maybe all the good ones are FULL and I am only seeing the crap ones

Evil Monkey hit the nail on the head

Thank you

Users who are viewing this thread