What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Looking for some webhosting input (1 Viewer)

NCCommish

Footballguy
So as I have mentioned I have a D&D group every week. I am looking to put together a website for us. Already own the domain name for two years. Now I need a host. Obviously this won't be a huge site. There are a total of 11 player and one DM. Not looking to go commerce site or any of that. What I am looking for is a solid inexpensive to free host. I am willing to pay a few bucks a month if the services are there. But again this will just be a smallish site with a few visitors so I don't need a VPS or anything like that.

Whatcha got?

NameCheap has a 9.98 year basic hosting plan and has been reliable for me. Been using them for clients for the last several years with no issues. 

Depends what you need it to do I guess. If you're just putting up a page of information, and there's no need to interact with it (submit forms, enter data, search a database, etc), I think you can just put up a simple .html file somewhere (like a Google Doc, or tumblr, or free yahoo page, or something) and just re-direct the domain name URL you already own to load from there).
Yeah looking for a full site really. 

Green Geeks....super cheap hosting and great support

They are like a +10 vorpal sword slicing though a legion of mountan troll hosting sites

you just missed a huge sale $2.95/month yesterday. 

(full disclosure, thats my affiliate link..so if you go with them, hook a FBG Brother up)

Last edited by a moderator:
Green Geeks....super cheap hosting and great support

They are like a +10 vorpal sword slicing though a legion of mountan troll hosting sites

you just missed a huge sale $2.95/month yesterday. 

(full disclosure, thats my affiliate link..so if you go with them, hook a FBG Brother up)
If I go that way I will definitely use your affiliate link. Got to take care of our own after all.

Their infrastructure is ancient. My company works with all the major hosting companies and these two are by far the worst of the big one's. Without going into detail they just have issues. Go Daddy is a much better option.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've had my website on a few different hosting platforms. Best bang for the buck was Laughing Squid. I had to move to Digital Ocean as my traffic ramped up, but wished I could've stayed with Laughing Squid. It was the best one I've used. 

Users who are viewing this thread