What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Looney Toons Cartoons (1 Viewer)

Leviathan

Footballguy
What happened to Speedy Gonzales and Pepe Le Pew? :confused:

Victims of political correctness? Mebbe....

One had a hard on for cheese, the other had a hard on for females.

Who hates cheese, right?

[daffy]Despicable[/daffy]

No replies? Buncha cheese/female hating board members 'round here?

It's worse than I thought it was.

America is doomed.

:(

Looney Tunes cartoons are something else. There have been lots of rumblings about Pepe and Speedy over the years. Pepe is offensive to women and xenophobic, and Speedy is offensive to Mexicans and also xenophobic. My facebook feed was littered with anti-Pepe stuff earlier this year.

Last edited by a moderator:
You can buy the unedited complete anthology on amazon or ebay for about $300...I did and Saturday morning cartoons will be a thing when my 6-month girl is old enough to sit and watch a good half hour or more straight with a bowl of cereal for breakfast and her old man joining her

Wait, people have a problem with Pepe, seriously? I know the powers who rule deemed some Bugs Bunny episodes off limits but Pepe was under attack too? And Speedy also? Have "they" pulled these?

Speedy, the concerns are obvious. With Pepe, I think the view might be that his unrelenting pursuit and forceful physical engagement with the clearly unwilling opposite sex fosters "rape culture" and is a bad influence on young boys.

You can buy the unedited complete anthology on amazon or ebay for about $300...I did and Saturday morning cartoons will be a thing when my 6-month girl is old enough to sit and watch a good half hour or more straight with a bowl of cereal for breakfast and her old man joining her
God bless you. :thumbup:

Speedy, the concerns are obvious. With Pepe, I think the view might be that his unrelenting pursuit and forceful physical engagement with the clearly unwilling opposite sex fosters "rape culture" and is a bad influence on young boys.
But have they been taken off tv?

A few old Yosemite Sam cartoons had the confederate flag on them. I haven't seen any Looney Toons in years, do any cable networks still show them?

last time i saw "Duck Season, Rabbit Season" the network had edited out all the shotgun blasts, so every two seconds i'd see Daffy's bill spinning around all smoky, but not Elmer pulling the trigger.

smh.

I don't get the problem with Speedy. He was motivated and worked hard to get what he wanted. His cousin, Slowpoke Rodriquez, not so much.

Plus it teaches interspecies sex, which we now know is wrong.

I never did get Yosemite Sam Tattoo that I planned on.
Same here as to the Wile E Coyote tat I almost got. Went to the tattoo parlor and waited in line. Bailed at the last minute.

Thank god. One of life's great near misses.

Users who are viewing this thread