What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Lynch Misses Practice Again (Wrist/Back) - Turbin Time? (1 Viewer)

DevilintheDetail

Footballguy
Lynch has wrist and back injuries. Missed both WED and THU practice this week (not sure if that is a first this year, but it hasn't happened in a month or two at least). Anyone found more info on the new wrist injury?

"Marshawn Lynch (wrist, back) was held out of practice again on Thursday.

Lynch is regularly given off days to rest his back, but the wrist injury is now a concern after missing consecutive practices. We've yet to see a peep from the coaching staff or the beat writers on Lynch's Week 10 status. Be sure to check back Friday afternoon for Lynch's official injury designation. We suspect he will play versus the Jets, perhaps with a few more touches for Robert Turbin."

http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/nfl/247209/marshawn-lynch-held-out-again-on-thursday

One of the best parts of owning Lynch is knowing that you have a stud backup in Turbin, especially if you have paired them in dynasty.

In PPR leagues, I'm not convinced that there would be a big dropoff if Lynch can't go. Turbin is great receiving out of the backfield, and could probably make up for less yards rushing with some extra catches. If Lynch misses, I think Turbin is a top 10 running back this week in PPR leagues.

With a bye coming up, I think there is a bigger chance of Lynch missing the game than I'd normally give him.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you own Lynch, I think this makes Turbin a must-have. Not so sold on the preemptive move if you don't have him. I'd rather handcuff my own stud, or get someone who looks more likely to see a timeshare even without an injury (say Kendal Hunter or Joique Bell).

One of the best parts of owning Lynch is knowing that you have a stud backup in Turbin, especially if you have paired them in dynasty.
I'm aware that Turbin seems to be the clear-cut handcuff to Lynch in Seattle, and that Turbin has had a lot of hype around him, and that he looked good in TC/pre-season. With that being said, he has averaged 4.2 YPC this year, doesn't have a game with more than 6 carries, has never had more than 58 total yards in a single game. I think calling him a "stud backup" is a little premature, don't you?

I'm aware that Turbin seems to be the clear-cut handcuff to Lynch in Seattle, and that Turbin has had a lot of hype around him, and that he looked good in TC/pre-season. With that being said, he has averaged 4.2 YPC this year, doesn't have a game with more than 6 carries, has never had more than 58 total yards in a single game. I think calling him a "stud backup" is a little premature, don't you?
Yes kind of laughable. Studs? There are like 6 stud rbs in all of fantasy. Turbin? Not one

I wouldn't call him a stud, but I also think that he adds enough in the screen game to make him a really good RB (in a great matchup) if Lynch can't play.

I am kind of on the opposite side of the fence on this one. I think, in dynasty, you either own one or the other because if Lynch is healthy, Turbin is worthless for a few years.

He will get 20+ carries a game if lynch goes down. He is REALLY REALLY good.

I'm fully expecting Lynch to practice today in limited fashion and gut it out this week.

If he doesn't play this weekend it'll be after he's declared Active and starting so he can't be pulled from any of his owner's lineups. :rolleyes:

If this is truly an injury that could slow him down for the fantasy playoff run, I hope they sit him and give him two full weeks to recover.

Not trying to bust your balls, but based on what? Pre-season? College? There are A LOT of RBs who are REALLY REALLY good in college or pre-season games, that aren't good in real, NFL games, let alone STUDS.

He has to show it in the NFL before he can be considered a stud, IMO.

I'm fully expecting Lynch to practice today in limited fashion and gut it out this week.If he doesn't play this weekend it'll be after he's declared Active and starting so he can't be pulled from any of his owner's lineups. :rolleyes:
I still remember when that happened last year :thumbdown:

Not trying to bust your balls, but based on what? Pre-season? College?
Based on, he's on his roster

Not trying to bust your balls, but based on what? Pre-season? College? There are A LOT of RBs who are REALLY REALLY good in college or pre-season games, that aren't good in real, NFL games, let alone STUDS.

Based on what I have seen from him this season. Eye test....he passes it big time.

Based on what I have seen from him this season. Eye test....he passes it big time.
But you wear wierd oversized glasses with horizontal bars over the lenses. What can you see anyway?

But you wear wierd oversized glasses with horizontal bars over the lenses. What can you see anyway?
The shutters open with a flip of a switch....allowing perfect vision.

Okay, but that doesn't make him a STUD. (I realize that you were not the poster who referred to him as such). And, for the record, lots of RBs pass the eye test when seen in small doses; not all of them parlay that eye test success into NFL, or FF, success.

'Bayhawks said:
'ImTheScientist said:
'Bayhawks said:
'ImTheScientist said:
'Bayhawks said:

Okay, but that doesn't make him a STUD. (I realize that you were not the poster who referred to him as such). And, for the record, lots of RBs pass the eye test when seen in small doses; not all of them parlay that eye test success into NFL, or FF, success.
When a back passes my eye test success is inevitable. He has STUD potential. If Lynch ever goes down hope he is on your team.

Any word on Lynch's practice yet? Turbin is a FA in my league and I'm debating picking him up as a flex this week

No official word on whether he practiced or not, but I found this:

"The good news, however, is that coach Pete Carroll said "everyone else is on track." For the Seahawks, that means despite missing two straight practices with back and wrist problems, running back Marshawn Lynch is on track to play."

Link

Any word on Lynch's practice yet? Turbin is a FA in my league and I'm debating picking him up as a flex this week
There's an article that was posted recently by Eric Williams on his site (thanks Hooper31) which mentions that he practiced today. This was included:"Several other players returned to practice on Friday, including running back Marshawn Lynch (wrist/back), cornerback Richard Sherman (illness), safety Kam Chancellor (quad) and defensive linemen Red Bryant (foot) and Clinton McDonald (groin).Carroll indicated that those five players are on schedule to play on Sunday, along with defensive tackle Jason Jones (ankle) and receiver Braylon Edwards (knee), who both missed the past, two games with injuries."

There's an article that was posted recently by Eric Williams on his site (thanks Hooper31) which mentions that he practiced today. This was included:"Several other players returned to practice on Friday, including running back Marshawn Lynch (wrist/back), cornerback Richard Sherman (illness), safety Kam Chancellor (quad) and defensive linemen Red Bryant (foot) and Clinton McDonald (groin).Carroll indicated that those five players are on schedule to play on Sunday, along with defensive tackle Jason Jones (ankle) and receiver Braylon Edwards (knee), who both missed the past, two games with injuries."
Great, thanks for this. I'll pass on Turbin then.

'Bayhawks said:
Yes kind of laughable. Studs? There are like 6 stud rbs in all of fantasy. Turbin? Not one
Obviously not comparing him to those who have proven it over time. Let me re-prhrase: Turbin has looked very good (to me) when he has seen the field. Add that to a Seattle's run-first offense and I absolutely think he would produce big if given the opportunity. But none of us will know for sure until if/when he gets the chance.

I am kind of on the opposite side of the fence on this one. I think, in dynasty, you either own one or the other because if Lynch is healthy, Turbin is worthless for a few years.
This all depends on roster size and league requirements. I am risk-averse and like to have the security blanket on my roster, especially since I believe Turbin is a player. I would not carry Richardson or Martin's handcuffs because I don't feel the same way about Hardesty or Blount.

I've been carrying Turbin all season as Lynch's handcuff, but dumped him when Felix came available. I'm going to be a bad need for RB's next week during Lynch's bye and the way I figure it, Beastmode puts in one more game and Turbin will be cheap or free to pick up off waivers going forward.

Users who are viewing this thread