What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Make your case on why you should get a free app - Winners Announced (1 Viewer)

Because, frankly, I'm not going to pay an extra $5 for it but might sideload it to my phone but if you just give it to me you'll be helping me not go through that hassle. Kthanksbye.

Osaurus said:
Because fantasy football has jaded me
Get in line.

My kid may otherwise accidentally buy the app, so I might as well try to beat him to the punch and see if I can get it at a discount.

Because I'm old, really, really old. What's an app?

Because I drafted next to the Wizard at WCOFF 2003.

Because I played at Antsports last year.

Because I don't live in Jersey any more :cry:

Another vote for Faust.

And I don't remember paying for the app I'm using now other than in lost hours with my wife.

I guess I should be paying you guys.

Because I've had problems with the website, and have patiently been emailing support and posting in the appropriate forums for weeks, to no avail. I've been civil, haven't raised too much hell about it, and have been patient beyond normalcy.

All that being said, I'm not looking for a handout, and really only want two things:

1) Help with My FBG not working

and

2) Faust to get the free app. That dude puts in work.

If you give me a free FBG app (iOS) you could officially advertise that FBG is used at an Army base!

Hard luck story, I commish two leagues. I've never made the playoffs in one of them, and was eliminated by Jamaal Charles in the semifinals of the other one last year. I feel like any commish has a built in hard luck story because getting 12-14 dudes to agree on a live draft date is like herding cats.

My responsibilities as a new Board member on my son's youth football league has caused me to go from 5 months of prep for the FFPC events to 5 weeks.

Either of your offerings will benefit me greatly!

That and I'm a long-standing "Insider"!

_ _ ___ ___ _____ _ _ _ ___ ______ ______

| | | | | \/ | |_ _| | | | | | | / _ \ | ___ \| ___ \

| | ___ | |_ | . . | ___ | | __ _ _ __ | |_ | |__ __ _ | |_ / /_\ \| |_/ /| |_/ /

| | / _ \| __| | |\/| | / _ \ | | / _` || '_ \ | __|| '_ \ / _` || __| | _ || __/ | __/

| |____| __/| |_ | | | || __/ | || (_| || |_) | | |_ | | | || (_| || |_ | | | || | | |

\_____/ \___| \__| \_| |_/ \___| \_/ \__,_|| .__/ \__||_| |_| \__,_| \__| \_| |_/\_| \_|

| |

|_|

Because my life is so boring, I just watched "Sudden Death" starring Jean-Claude Van Damme. Help me...

...and another vote for Faust.

I love the Draft GM now Draft Dominator app I've used the app for many years but I loved the improved features added since you guys have taken it over. I am a real mock draft junkie, I did over 20 mock drafts for each draft position in our 10 man league as we don't know our order until right before we draft. I can not express how immensely utilizing this app prepares me to stay ahead of the curve in my league. While everyone is scrambling to figure out their draft strategy I sit back calm and relaxed with the knowledge of how the draft will play out already from every position forward and backwards. I have used my experiences with this software to a couple 2nd place finishes as we all know a good draft goes a long way to the start of a great season. I look forward to the release of this app every year so I can get a jump on the competition before they even know what hits them. Pair that with all of the insight from the website and daily emails I feel confident a well deserved championship is in the cards this year. Thanks again and nothing but kudos for the work you guys do day in day out to make all of us amateurs lives a little easier.

I could use the magazine app as I read everything else I had to read before remembering to post this at the last minute. Therefore I now have nothing to read and could use new material.

And I might be the last submission. :-)

I have a daughter that will be a junior in college this year and will be getting married next summer. 'nuff said

Because I think like Dodds: 42 posts made, 2.33 post per hour with 13 hours to go. That's 30 more posts for a projected total of 72 posts. Given 10 free apps I'm projecting a 1:7 chance of winning with very little effort on my part. That's good value there.
74! I should probably just do my own projections.

You should give it to me because I don't own a smartphone or a tablet. By giving it to me you don't lose any potential profit but can still claim you gave back to the community.

You've obviously missed the marketing genius behind the offer. Now that 7/22 has passed with no winners posted and no one notified, we all assume someone else won, and, because our appetites for the apps were stoked by thinking we might get one for free, we all try to treat our disappointment by buying the apps.

You've obviously missed the marketing genius behind the offer. Now that 7/22 has passed with no winners posted and no one notified, we all assume someone else won, and, because our appetites for the apps were stoked by thinking we might get one for free, we all try to treat our disappointment by buying the apps.
What reason do you have that he will not give out the subscriptions like he said? Just a grumpy old pessimist?

He has no reason to not give them out. It doesn't cost them anything to give out 5 free subscriptions. Plus, any good business must maintain good customer relations and IMO, Dodds and company have always done that. I've had issues in the past regarding subscription bonuses with combo offers and they are always quick to resolve the issue and I don't have to twist arms or jump through hurdles to get it done.

What reason do you have that he will not give out the subscriptions like he said? Just a grumpy old pessimist?

He has no reason to not give them out. It doesn't cost them anything to give out 5 free subscriptions. Plus, any good business must maintain good customer relations and IMO, Dodds and company have always done that. I've had issues in the past regarding subscription bonuses with combo offers and they are always quick to resolve the issue and I don't have to twist arms or jump through hurdles to get it done.
Where did I say they wouldn't give them out? What I said was that not announcing the winners on schedule leads to more wondering who won, keeping apps in the minds of everyone and increasing the likelihood of purchasing by those who spent a few days thinking of how nice it would be get the app for free.

We are announcing a change in the rules: Due to the all the posts being soooooooo awesome we can't chose just 10 right now. We are going to wait until all but 10 of the qualified posters have already bought the app, that way our decision is made much easier. Thank you for all your patience and for being so excellent to each other.

Sincerely,

T

Bought the app - one simple suggestion - Footballguys doesn't see prominent enough in the picture and title in the App Store (I realize it says Footballguys under publisher). Only was 100% sure when I saw the tiny picture of black-eyed joe in the bottom-left. Just a thought.

-QG

Apologies this took so long to get back to. Here are the winners. PM me stating which app you would like and I will send the code.

Faust

Widbil83

snellman

Donny Loved Bowling

Matt Fancy

The Hank

tonydead

go2extrems

Gottabesweet

Papa Schnay

Jersey Paul

chem