What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Managing a Dynasty League on MyFantasyLeague (1 Viewer)

FFdork

Footballguy
Long story short my commish in a dynasty is claiming that MFL doesn't support off-season team management (i.e. from the Superbowl until the following year's leagues are available). This seems counter to everything I've heard about MFL.

I'm not a commish in a MFL league, so I can't easily see what options are available. Can you guys who have MFL Dynasty leagues let me know what you do in the off-season to handle trades, free agents/waivers, and a rookie draft?

P.S. Sorry to put this in the Shark Pool, but I wasn't sure where else it should go.

It supports everything. All the Zealots leagues use it all offseason. Free Agency, drafting, trades, it has all the works.

I also have a contract dynasty on there, and it goes all offseason too.

It has everyting the regular season does. I have had a dynasty league on there for over 5 years. We do our rookie draft and trade picks all offseason.

FFdork said:
Long story short my commish in a dynasty is claiming that MFL doesn't support off-season team management (i.e. from the Superbowl until the following year's leagues are available).
He is completely wrong

My dynasty league shuts down for about a month right after the SuperBowl (my choice). We open trades from April on, have a rookie draft in May, and open up waiver wires once a month during the summer (my choice as I don't have time for more). He might not know how to transfer teams and draft positions from 2008 to 2009 sites, but it is pretty easy. What other things do you want to know about dynasty wise?

To piggyback on this topic, I'm looking to start a dynasty league next year. How does MFL do with managing salary caps? Can it be set up to automatically increase player salaries by percentage on a yearly basis?

FFdork said:
Long story short my commish in a dynasty is claiming that MFL doesn't support off-season team management (i.e. from the Superbowl until the following year's leagues are available). This seems counter to everything I've heard about MFL.I'm not a commish in a MFL league, so I can't easily see what options are available. Can you guys who have MFL Dynasty leagues let me know what you do in the off-season to handle trades, free agents/waivers, and a rookie draft?P.S. Sorry to put this in the Shark Pool, but I wasn't sure where else it should go.
The way MFL works is that each new season actually has a separate website with a separate URL. So the website your league is on in 2009 will be different than the one it was on in 2008. You just import everything from the 2008 site into the 2009 site.The new sites open pretty much right away, so as soon as 2009 ends you'll be able to create the site for 2010, import everything from your 2009 site, and from there on the 2010 site you're free to do free agency, etc etc just as well as you could during the actual season.

i run a dynasty league going into it 11th year. the first 10 years was on CBS. switched to MFL this past off season and it was a great move. MFL is a must use site for dynasty. year around FF

Users who are viewing this thread