What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Marion Grice potential (1 Viewer)

#beastmode

Footballguy
What are we thinking about Grice if he gets the start this week? Same production as Ellington? Better? Worse?

With Jennings hurt, I am kind of scrambling for a RB2 and Grice is far and away the best option on the WW. I read that 10-14 touches is likely, so perhaps something like 8 carries for 30 yards and 4 receptions for 30 yards? I want to believe a TD is likely but odds are Stepfan Taylor or Michael Bush would vulture GL work. Nothing special but 10 points in a PPR isn't terrible. It's more than what Denard Robinson has done the last two weeks.

Grice could have some crazy unforeseen game like Oliver did for SD when he took over after Mathews got hurt with like 180 yards 2 tds. Highly unlikely but it's been a crazy FF season. Just look at some of the guys ranked in the Top 24 for this coming week. CJ Anderson. Justin Forsett. Herron. Mason. Crowell. Shoelace. This position has been so unpredictable and guys are just coming out of nowhere to be fantasy relevant when given the opportunity. Grice could be next in line.

Or he could totally suck. :shrug:

Last edited by a moderator:
Grice could have some crazy unforeseen game like Oliver did for SD when he took over after Mathews got hurt with like 180 yards 2 tds. Highly unlikely but it's been a crazy FF season. Just look at some of the guys ranked in the Top 24 for this coming week. CJ Anderson. Justin Forsett. Herron. Mason. Crowell. Shoelace. This position has been so unpredictable and guys are just coming out of nowhere to be fantasy relevant when given the opportunity. Grice could be next in line.

Or he could totally suck. :shrug:
Or he could just be the water boy on the sidelines

It's really hard to be worse than Ellington has been so far this year so I think you could at least expect similar effectiveness but I'm betting on more. He can actually be utilized similarly to Ellington, same skill set but less explosives (at least, less explosiveness then 2013 Ellington). Also, do not forget fresh legs do matter towards the end of the year. He could pull a Bryce Brown.

My only problem is the likelihood of a RBBC, I'd like to see him establish some type of rhythm. Maybe ARI will ride the hot hand.

He's just a plow forward guy, right? Like a fat version of Jerome Bettis.

I'm 99.9% sure this is sarcasm but he's built like a stick at 6' 205 and definitely not a tackle breaker. He has good lateral agility/cutting ability and hands. If I had to categorize his running style it'd be "smooth".

I'm 99.9% sure this is sarcasm but he's built like a stick at 6' 205 and definitely not a tackle breaker. He has good lateral agility/cutting ability and hands. If I had to categorize his running style it'd be "smooth".
Half serious and half sarcasm. Without looking at his specs, I watched his game against Washington St on dp. He appeared to me as a big guy, tall certainly. He didn't have much wiggle to his game, and his go to move was putting his head down and plowing forward. I just figured he was fat. The camera adds 10 lbs anyhow.

Half serious and half sarcasm. Without looking at his specs, I watched his game against Washington St on dp. He appeared to me as a big guy, tall certainly. He didn't have much wiggle to his game, and his go to move was putting his head down and plowing forward. I just figured he was fat. The camera adds 10 lbs anyhow.
Just watch the 1st minute

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UjwYycQEMY4

Brian Calhoun / Lorenzo Booker

Given Stanton back there, great likelihood he catches a few passes. Too slight, runs too upright to have prolonged running success at NFL level.

In his 2 years at Arizona State, he caught 91 passes for 14 tds in 24 games. I think the bulk of the fantasy value he could have in this game would mostly come as a pass-catcher. So yeah, he's basically Andre Ellington. So could be a flex option with perhaps RB2 upside in a PPR league.

Ellington is most likely out this game and could very well be out the following game since it is a Thursday game. So Grice is definitely a viable stash and see.

Worth noting is the Week 15 matchup is versus STL. Very bad matchup.

Ellington indeed ruled out, although Arians has named Stepslow Taylor the starter. We'll see how much work Grice actually gets even if he's not the de facto starter.

Guy has a good eye for holes but was sometimes too patient at ASU. Can catch a pass for sure. He's not particularly fast though.

(RotoWire)Grice will play off the bench in a committee behind starter Stepfan Taylor while Andre Ellington (hip) sits against Kansas City on Sunday, AZ Cardinals.com's Darren Urban reports. In addition his schedule is tough finishing up with Seattle week 16. Can't see him having much more value than 25-40 other rbs. He is in that conversation for me if your looking at Hyde, Cunningham, Sankey, etc

Users who are viewing this thread