What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Marion the Librarian (1 Viewer)

Raiderfan32904

Footballguy
NFL Network's Michael Lombardi observes that the Cowboys are a "slower offensive mechanism, and can be defended much easier" when RB Marion Barber is lined up in Dallas' backfield.

Analysis: Marion the Librarian lacks the power he possessed earlier in his career, and can no longer beat defenders to the corner. We agree that Felix Jones and Tashard Choice should get more playing time at Barber's expense, but history has proven that Jones' body can't handle more than 15 touches per game.
http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/archives...-bryant-sh.html

Last edited by a moderator:
I never realized Lombardi was such a hack; perhaps I hadn't paid enough attention. That appears to have been a good choice.

Where did the cute catchphrase come from though? It's not in the story linked.

Folks in Dallas have been unhappy about the running game in general. However, there was some light last week.

Barber is in for more plays than Felix, because Felix can't pass protect as well as Barber. There was a great discussion on the local sportstalk radio show about this. When Romo went to the line last week, he had a pass and a run play to choose from depending on what the defense gave him. When Felix is in for the run play and Romo "kills" it, Felix has trouble pass protecting because of his size. Barber is much better at taking on bigger pass rushers than Felix.

So, even though Barber can't make the corner anymore, he can pass protect and save Romo's butt!

I think it dates back to 1962 from the hit musical film "The Music Man" starring Robert Preston and Shirley Jones.Shirley Jones played River City's librarian Marian Paroo. Harold Hill (Preston) tried wooing her with song that included lyrics "Marian...librarian."Probably not what you expected.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think it dates back to 1962 from the hit musical film "The Music Man" starring Robert Preston and Shirley Jones.Shirley Jones played River City's librarian Marian Paroo. Harold Hill (Preston) tried wooing her with song that included lyrics "Marian...librarian."Probably not what you expected.
Thanks Andy..I was wondering this myself.You sure know your show tunes. :confused:

Thanks Andy..I was wondering this myself.You sure know your show tunes. :confused:
I only know this one because I had a part in the play that we did in school some 30+ years ago.It's burned in my brain so bad I still remember my lines! LOL

Apparently he hasn't seen any Dallas game. There hasn't been any corners available. The tackle play can't keep the defense on their side of the line. No Dallas RB is coming close to making it to the corners.

Lots of stupidity in this thread. :lmao:
Come on bro. You have to stop bashing everyone and contibute every once in a while. I'd like to see ya cut down on these types of responses and post something that's not stupid yourself. If your style is to pop into every thread and post one liners, maybe you can mix a stat or and actual opinion. Looking forward to having some sort of NFL debate with you :thanks:

Lots of stupidity in this thread. :lmao:
Come on bro. You have to stop bashing everyone and contibute every once in a while. I'd like to see ya cut down on these types of responses and post something that's not stupid yourself. If your style is to pop into every thread and post one liners, maybe you can mix a stat or and actual opinion. Looking forward to having some sort of NFL debate with you :hot:
Have you read much from me? I am, if anything, definitely NOT the king of one liners. I've put out a ton of "healthy debate" on this forum, been here longer than most, was on here back when it was ole yeller. If I am a little less verbose these says it's because I got tired of the way posts get responded to on here.This thread is full of crap. Barber is clearly slower as a starter than he was as a closer. I've been saying it since Julius Jones left. 3.x YPC, and lingering injuries every season since he became the starter. Problem is this board is a Barber love fest, so no one was willing to acknowledge that. Humorous that in Dallas they are now clamoring for the team to dump him.Stupidity for someone to say Felix can't pass block due to his size - he's bigger than Barber. Yeah, size isn't the issue.Regardless, the big issues in Dallas are OL and play calling.

switz said:
Lots of stupidity in this thread. :moneybag:
Come on bro. You have to stop bashing everyone and contibute every once in a while. I'd like to see ya cut down on these types of responses and post something that's not stupid yourself. If your style is to pop into every thread and post one liners, maybe you can mix a stat or and actual opinion. Looking forward to having some sort of NFL debate with you :thumbup:
Have you read much from me? I am, if anything, definitely NOT the king of one liners. I've put out a ton of "healthy debate" on this forum, been here longer than most, was on here back when it was ole yeller. If I am a little less verbose these says it's because I got tired of the way posts get responded to on here.This thread is full of crap. Barber is clearly slower as a starter than he was as a closer. I've been saying it since Julius Jones left. 3.x YPC, and lingering injuries every season since he became the starter. Problem is this board is a Barber love fest, so no one was willing to acknowledge that. Humorous that in Dallas they are now clamoring for the team to dump him.

Stupidity for someone to say Felix can't pass block due to his size - he's bigger than Barber. Yeah, size isn't the issue.

Regardless, the big issues in Dallas are OL and play calling.
No he isn't quite what he once was but Barber clearly has plenty still to offer.Totally agree their biggest issues are play calling and OLine.

switz said:
Lots of stupidity in this thread. :goodposting:
Come on bro. You have to stop bashing everyone and contibute every once in a while. I'd like to see ya cut down on these types of responses and post something that's not stupid yourself. If your style is to pop into every thread and post one liners, maybe you can mix a stat or and actual opinion. Looking forward to having some sort of NFL debate with you :goodposting:
Have you read much from me? I am, if anything, definitely NOT the king of one liners. I've put out a ton of "healthy debate" on this forum, been here longer than most, was on here back when it was ole yeller. If I am a little less verbose these says it's because I got tired of the way posts get responded to on here.This thread is full of crap. Barber is clearly slower as a starter than he was as a closer. I've been saying it since Julius Jones left. 3.x YPC, and lingering injuries every season since he became the starter. Problem is this board is a Barber love fest, so no one was willing to acknowledge that. Humorous that in Dallas they are now clamoring for the team to dump him.Stupidity for someone to say Felix can't pass block due to his size - he's bigger than Barber. Yeah, size isn't the issue.Regardless, the big issues in Dallas are OL and play calling.
you should be the OC for Dallas so Felix could have 30 touches a game

switz said:
This thread is full of crap. Barber is clearly slower as a starter than he was as a closer. I've been saying it since Julius Jones left. 3.x YPC, and lingering injuries every season since he became the starter. Problem is this board is a Barber love fest, so no one was willing to acknowledge that. Humorous that in Dallas they are now clamoring for the team to dump him.Stupidity for someone to say Felix can't pass block due to his size - he's bigger than Barber. Yeah, size isn't the issue.Regardless, the big issues in Dallas are OL and play calling.
you should be the OC for Dallas so Felix could have 30 touches a game
Funny thing is I wrote JJ an email offering to apply for the OC job. I probably wouldn't give Felix 30 touches per game, but 20, yeah. 12-15 carries, 5-8 receptions. Barber is still useful, and would be the closer, and GL RB. Choice wouldn't really see the field much, as he's no better than either of the other 2 in any area. I'd dump the RazorBack since teams have realize that the only thing that happens is Choice runs forward for 2 yards.It would go back to the way it was with Julius and Barber, Felix would start, Barber would close. The pass-run ratio would be fairly balanced, tipping one way or the other slightly based on the opponent's weakness and the way they were playing the team. The ratio would differ between halves based on how the opponent was playing.You know - it would just make sense.

Users who are viewing this thread