What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Mark Ingram (Any other Dynasty Owners jumping Ship) (2 Viewers)

Lesean McCoy looked like complete garbage his rookie year. People relax. Ingram is a great great buy low.
For a backup running back and a rookie how is this even close to looking like crap?16 games played 4 starts 155 rushes for 637 yards 40 receptions for 308 yards 4 touchdowns 2 fumbles 1 fumble lostThat was Mccoy's rookie season

Last edited by a moderator:
Lesean McCoy looked like complete garbage his rookie year. People relax. Ingram is a great great buy low.
For a backup running back and a rookie how is this even close to looking like crap?16 games played 4 starts 155 rushes for 637 yards 40 receptions for 308 yards 4 touchdowns 2 fumbles 1 fumble lostThat was Mccoy's rookie season
I noticed that people forgot to look at his receiving stats from that year and the 4.1 average rushing yards made him look like "crap" to some people. I traded for him that year in a dynasty league and the other owner said word for word, "I'm going to hate myself if [McCoy] ends up with over 1000 yards." I wasn't sure if I should have told him he had 945 total yards his rookie year if you count his receiving yards, so 1000 total yards was easily attainable. Signed him to a 5 year contract since those weren't set yet since it was the inaugural draft for the league. I also signed Arian Foster off UFA that year, before the regular season...to a 5 year contract. My first pick in the inaugural draft was Aaron Rodgers. :excited:

You can't compare Ingram to McCoy. Different people. Different situations.

I think Ingram's season was disappointing.

I think he probably has some knee issues.

I think he's really quite talented and a good charecter of person.

Maybe it takes him more time and a few other things to get the hang of this.

Maybe he was hurt, did have issues...kneews are bad.

There's still football left in this kid.

He's only played 1 year pro.

He's not in a great situation but it could get better.

It took McFadden until third year to really produce...and then get hurt.

Ingram is a different skill set but what made him so desirable last year is still there.

I don't know about his knee surguries but if I'm looking for a guy to take I'm looking at him. Donald Brown, Jahvid Best as upside RBs this year.

Get them cheap. Wait and reap rewards when they start paying off.

Some guy name ricky williams got high too much and retired. This was after a franchise sold everything to get him and he didn't pan out. After a terrible contract with master P as the agent. After he served his suspension and came back. Ricky ran hard and well for the last part of that first year back. That guy had a serious leg fracture his rookie year and did interviews with his helmet on...and Fingerbanged one of my Wife's best friends in 10th Grade spanish class at Patrick Henry High...on a regular basis. Aye dios mio Ricardo.

Everyone that "KNOWS" he's got degenerative knees can't know it. They're not his doctors. They're just suspicious of it.

Are there better option in better situations that might have better numbers? Sure.

Are there past rookie RB comparisons that did poorly and now are TOP 5 studs? Sure.

Really know one knows. They're all guessing. Playing odds. You can't compare his situation to McCoys because it's different.

You'e got 4-5 very different scenarios that people KNOW will play out. but really the reality could be a watered down, not exciting version of 2-3 of them. They're just going out and making a big prediction so they can say I told you so. I'm an expert I called it.

I'm telling I don't know anything I just like that his value is lower than when he was taken 2011 1.01 in our rookie draft.

What a sad thread. Seen Ingram wishful thinking that he will be the next Dmac, Mathews, McCoy, that his value can ONLY go up, that his health concerns are a hoax. His value CAN go down. His value might go up, stay the same or go down, that is a little reality check.

What a sad thread. Seen Ingram wishful thinking that he will be the next Dmac, Mathews, McCoy, that his value can ONLY go up, that his health concerns are a hoax. His value CAN go down. His value might go up, stay the same or go down, that is a little reality check.
Doesn't every player fall into this category? Truth is nobody knows what will happen exactly. I own him in two dynasties and I am hopeful. The Saints could go to more of a balanced system to keep their defense off the field, but we don't know what kind of team this will look like without their head coach. I am comfortable having him as a #3 RB in a dynasty.

'Chazzhawk said:
If you watched him his rookie year most experts felt this way. Chris Wesseling did. I asked him, also asked other big boys in the industry. Stats don't always tell the story.

Interim Saints coach Joe Vitt isn't sure whether Mark Ingram (knee surgery) will be ready for the start of training camp on Thursday.

Vitt said the Saints' training staff will continue to "monitor" the 2011 first-round pick, and that it's possible he'll be limited for the beginning of camp. Ingram had previously insisted his early-May knee scope was "as minor as it gets," and guaranteed he'd be ready for the start of practices. He'll be a candidate for the active/PUP list, from which he can be activated at any time.

If you watched him his rookie year most experts felt this way. Chris Wesseling did. I asked him, also asked other big boys in the industry. Stats don't always tell the story.
The "big boys" are big because they have an opinion, support it, and write it well. Don't let that be the reason you agree or disagree with someone - you must watch for yourself.McCoy's rookie year left me thinking he was the next PPR pimp (admittedly, I bought Felix that off-season as well though).Ingram and McCoy are entirely differently beasts. Does that make Ingram a buy or a sell? Depends on the cost. I'd rather invest elsewhere if I am having to pay RB14-16 price.

I think Ingram presents great opportunity if you can get him. Let's not forget that in an injury riddled rookie year, he still averaged 12 carries per game and scored 5 touchdowns in 10 appearances. Thomas will be out of New Orleans in a season or two. It costs you nothing to hold Ingram in most leagues, and selling him now would be a waste.

Re: McCoy--I definitely thought he looked awful his first year, except as a receiver. I undervalued him big time heading into his breakout. Not every star goes for 1500/10 in year 1.

I think Ingram presents great opportunity if you can get him. Let's not forget that in an injury riddled rookie year, he still averaged 12 carries per game and scored 5 touchdowns in 10 appearances. Thomas will be out of New Orleans in a season or two. It costs you nothing to hold Ingram in most leagues, and selling him now would be a waste.

Re: McCoy--I definitely thought he looked awful his first year, except as a receiver. I undervalued him big time heading into his breakout. Not every star goes for 1500/10 in year 1.
Isn't this the same type of statement that made people say SELL Jahvid Best after his rookie season? I only bring this up because, more and more, there seems to be growing concerns that Ingram may just be one fo these guys that is habitially beaten up. The production you mentioned is really nice but there are some guys that are like that; great when they play but can't count on them. If you can't count on them within reason, then I think the current asking price is too steep. I think Ingram is a tough trade right now because people initially bought him at RB1 price with several touting that he had the potential to be emmitt smith-like. Reality is he might be RB3 without a clean bill of health. That's a LARGE gap between the initial buyer and the new buyer. As of today, I think his parrallel is Deuce McCallister. We can all see the potential here and we might get it, but he is far from settled in and appears a bit volatile.

I'd rather be a buyer than a seller right now.
At the appropriate price; which is quite a bit lower than any seller I've seen (In asking three people just to get a feel, I've universally been responded to that they see him as RB1 still).

Isn't this the same type of statement that made people say SELL Jahvid Best after his rookie season? I only bring this up because, more and more, there seems to be growing concerns that Ingram may just be one fo these guys that is habitially beaten up. The production you mentioned is really nice but there are some guys that are like that; great when they play but can't count on them. If you can't count on them within reason, then I think the current asking price is too steep. I think Ingram is a tough trade right now because people initially bought him at RB1 price with several touting that he had the potential to be emmitt smith-like. Reality is he might be RB3 without a clean bill of health. That's a LARGE gap between the initial buyer and the new buyer. As of today, I think his parrallel is Deuce McCallister. We can all see the potential here and we might get it, but he is far from settled in and appears a bit volatile.
I didn't follow all the Best stuff closely, but if memory serves the reasoning to offload him was about concussions, which are a bit more severe/sudden than knee problems. You can always get knee surgery, but a few too many headshots and you're cooked. His ypc was also criminally bad, at 3.2. I do agree with you about the value/trade issue in finding new buyers; there's really no way to sell him and get much at this point.

I'd really like to gamble on Ingram this year, but it is tough to justify the pick with Hillis, Ridley, Brown, Starks, and Blount all with in 12 picks of him. Lots of upside plays all clustered together there. As much as I love discounted 1st round players, the thing that really tips the scales is the possibility for New Orleans to be a bit of a disaster this year without a real head coach. Plus, I know they swiped the guard from Baltimore, but losing Nicks has to hurt at least a little bit.

I'd really like to gamble on Ingram this year, but it is tough to justify the pick with Hillis, Ridley, Brown, Starks, and Blount all with in 12 picks of him. Lots of upside plays all clustered together there. As much as I love discounted 1st round players, the thing that really tips the scales is the possibility for New Orleans to be a bit of a disaster this year without a real head coach. Plus, I know they swiped the guard from Baltimore, but losing Nicks has to hurt at least a little bit.
:goodposting: I'll probably talk myself into him again but only if he looks fully healthy. Drafted him pretty early last year but bc of that I drafted Sproles late :thumbup:

:goodposting: I'll probably talk myself into him again but only if he looks fully healthy. Drafted him pretty early last year but bc of that I drafted Sproles late :thumbup:
You guys realize this is a dynasty implications thread, right? You did READ the title?

I'm still curious, sell Ingram for? Buy Ingram for? What are people jumping ship for? (Or jumping onto the ship, I guess.)

I'm still curious, sell Ingram for? Buy Ingram for? What are people jumping ship for? (Or jumping onto the ship, I guess.)
He went 5.04 in a startup that is in progress. After all young and established starters, after some upside guys form this year's rookie class, but still relatively high, IMO

'Multiple Scores said:
'FF Ninja said:
'Multiple Scores said:
Theft. Ingram is an overrated turd. I think Bowe is the most underrated player in fantasy, all in on Bowe.
:supertroll:
Called Ingram a turd. You call posters many rude names. Safe to say you're the biggest troll on these forums.
Your Ingram-bashing schtick is really getting old and stale. Soon it will be the only thing people around here remember you for, before they put you on "ignore". I took it as tongue-in-cheek when the thread was "Ingram's HOF bandwagon" (equally ridiculous), but at this point your Ingram contributions are becoming an endless stream of repititious clutter in multiple threads. Please give it a rest already, at this point you're just peeing in the Pool...

in one of my PPR dynasty leagues this trade went down today

Team A gave: Ingram, Wallace

Team B gave: Martin, Cobb, Stephen Hill

In a Keeper PPR I have Sproles already

Heavy at Wr so I gave gave Antonio Brown for Ingram.

I figured he is worth a roll of the dice.

'Multiple Scores said:
I'd rather be a buyer than a seller right now.
Sold Ingram for Dwayne Bowe in a PPR league. Enough to sell? Curious what others are buying at, price wise?
Theft. Ingram is an overrated turd. I think Bowe is the most underrated player in fantasy, all in on Bowe.
Congratulations on missing out as the biggest troll on this board to cobarf27.
Fixed
You reek of stale boredom. Find some new material. You cannot possibly be this collossally unoriginal in real life. Suck it up and find something new to contribute in your football universe.

Ingram is Ron Dayne with knee issues.
:sigh:Ingram's name attached to a shark pool thread is like a bat signal for you isn't it?Did you even bother to read the OP?Anyone who hasn't already put you or your twin brother on "ignore" yet, understands that you both greatly dislike Ingram. However, that's not what this particular thread is about. It's supposed to be an opportunity for buyers and sellers to share their dynasty value/trades and strategies where he is concerned. Cluttering up this thread for the purposes of peeing in the pool is just plain ignorant. Whether you like Ingram or not, a 2nd year RB who came into the league projected by many to be the top rookie RB in the prior year, still carries some value in dynasty. What people want to know is... How much value?Clearly, you aren't buying, and have advised anyone who is still reading your posts not to touch him with a stick. So unless you have witnessed a dynasty trade involving Ingram that you want to share, or find yourself in the process of selling/buying him, then please perform a public service to the SP and stay out of this thread. Instead why don't you bump the ridiculous 'HOF' thread, or go start a new one entitled "why Ingram is a candy-coated turd with chronic knee problems" where you and your bro' can bag on him at your liesure and wait for others to thank you for your pearls of wisdom...mmmkay?

[quote name='geoff8695' timestamp='1343270993'

Instead why don't you bump the ridiculous 'HOF' thread, or go start a new one entitled "why Ingram is a candy-coated turd with chronic knee problems" where you and your bro' can bag on him at your liesure and wait for others to thank you for your pearls of wisdom...

mmmkay?

I'm trying to help my fellow FBG's.

what about Ingram makes you think he's anything but average?

IMHO, Ingram's probably worth somewhere beteween a late 1st to a mid 2nd round 2012 rookie pick in most leagues.

In my league, which only allows 2 RB starters and requires some roster cuts prior to the rookie draft, he's probably worth a bit less. Nevertheless, in my experience 2nd year RBs who were drafted high in the prior season retain value a bit better than most other positions-even coming off a lackluster rookie season. YMMV

Full disclosure: I am most likely selling, where Ingram is concerned.

I own Ingram in dynasty and this thread interests me, because he's currently either my 5th, 6th, or 7th RB (depending on where you see his value in relation to Ben Tate/Jacquizz Rodgers/Mark Ingram), and I can't really afford to hold onto him for the upcoming season due to roster limits/cut-downs prior to our rookie draft.

Since my league only allows 2 RB starters and my team is well stocked, I'm not heavily invested in him; so I don't have any concerns about having to max out what I get in return for him. However, I would be very interested in hearing what types of trades others are seeing.

In the meantime, it would be nice not to have to wade through the postradamus's out there who just pop in to say, "He sucks!"

I'm trying to help my fellow FBG's.

what about Ingram makes you think he's anything but average?
Not really...

If you were, you would be sharing your advice on how much to get for him, while advising owners to sell.

IMO you're posts all too often remind of Fredo screaming at Michael Corleone, "LOOK AT ME... I'M SMART... AND I WANT RESPECT!"

You do have the ability to draw insightful conclusions from time to time. You're not as clueless as Fredo, but like Fredo you are often times your own worst enemy, in the way that you go about sharing those conclusions.

As far as Ingram goes, there is certainly an opportunity for improvement and for his situation to change. However, like yourself, I'm not waiting around for it to happen. It's not because I'm close-minded about his prospects of ever becoming a reliable RB though. It's more because I have better options and don't have the luxury of stowing him away for a few years.

Also, Ingram carries some value as last year's hot rookie RB. Another year like 2011 though, and that value dissipates quickly and owners are then forced to hold onto him and play the waiting game.

IMHO, Ingram's probably worth somewhere beteween a late 1st to a mid 2nd round 2012 rookie pick in most leagues.
I agree he's worth a gamble at that price.
Now that's helping your fellow FBGs!Not because we agree on this point, but because it contributes to the OPs question and this thread's value in trying to determine what value Ingram holds. Then owners chew on whether or not to move him at similar values, or better still a FBG buyer gets him for less than that, or conversely a FBG seller deals him away for more than that.For example the poster that moved him for Bowe, got a pretty good deal IMO...

Now you're spewing inconsistent jargon. You said he's nothing more than average. Why spend that high of a pick on an average player. The pool would be better off without you. Take brother Multiple Sores and go play in the street.

Now you're spewing inconsistent jargon. You said he's nothing more than average. Why spend that high of a pick on an average player. The pool would be better off without you. Take brother Multiple Sores and go play in the street.
Let it go...I think moderated's and multiple's over-riding Ingram negativity is a reaction created by last year's hype and the HOF bandwagon thread. I actually agree with him that Ingram was overhyped, and IIRC he was quick to say so last year.

If you were to tell most FBGs 12 mos. ago that Ingram would only be worth a 2012 2nd round rookie pick, that would have been quite shocking and unpopular last year around this time. IIRC that was kinda the direction he was heading.

I'm sorry if I've contributed to bashing multiple or moderated here. My intentions were really just to give them a little :pokey: and try to get them to realize that they were coming across the wrong way with their message in a thread that was NOT about how Ingram was destined for the HOF. That thread was completely asinine, and this one should not be a continuation of it...

:2cents:

Nothing worse than to give a player away and then see them become the roster star for the owner you traded them to.
Well, next to having said player rot on your bench and get absolutely nothing in return.
I thought it was clear from the parts you edited out of my post that we were not talking just about any player you own, but obviously not. Yes, as a general rule, if you know nothing else, then getting something is better than holding a player and getting nothing.However, this specifically has to do with a player you invested a high 1st round pick and whether you give him away for a marginal player or trust your original instincts and keep him. If you trade him for peanuts and then he shows the potential you believed he had, then, to me, that definitely is worse than having him rot on the bench and get nothing in return. You have to trust your instincts like I did with DMC. People were offering me 2nd round picks after his 2nd year in the league, but despite the injuries, I didn't see a reason to doubt that my initial evaluation of his talent had been incorrect. I kept him and in his 3rd year he helped me win two league championships.Ingram has defintely been a disappointment, but it is not even close that I would swap him for Jacquizz Rogers. If he turns that he rots on my bench and ends up worthless, fine with me and preferable to giving him away for nothing.
The difference is that DMC looked good his rookie year on a terrible team. Despite getting hurt you could see the potential there. Ingram played bad on a great offense and his YPC was still well below all the other RB's on the team.
DMC looked overwhelmed his rookie season. He had a decent 4.4 ypc, but one carry accounted for .4 of that. He looked even worse his second season when he averaged 3.4 ypc. He was tentative, went down with first contact, and looked like a speedster incorrectly cast as a RB. He had a few nice plays, but his collective body of work was pretty much dreadful. In redrafts before his third season, he was going in round 9-10, after Michael Bush. I'm not going to go through all the threads, but I'm sure there were plenty about him being a bust. Personally, I don't see any reason to sell Ingram for a bag of peanuts, unless you have some ridiculously small roster limit. I'm not targetting him as a trade option by any stretch, but I wouldn't trade him away unless I got a decent player in return.
McFadden still looked very good catching the ball - something Ingram didn't last year (11 Reception for 46 yards, 4.2 YPC). For that reason I like Ingram much more in non-PPR than PPR leagues.

Just traded for him.

SJax/Antonio Brown/Bilal Powell/2.11/3.11

for

Ingram/Pierre/Cobb

the guys you get in the late 1st/2nd of rookie drafts are crapshoots, i don't have to like Ingram to think i might be wrong and give up a crapshoot pick to get him.

Just traded for him.SJax/Antonio Brown/Bilal Powell/2.11/3.11forIngram/Pierre/Cobb
And that guy is loving it. Man did you take a beating on this one.
I'd rather have Ingram/Pierre/Cobb. No beating from my pov.
Evven on a dynasty it's horrid. Garcon is with a rookie QB and he is no Steve Smith, Cobb is buried and Ingram is on the wrong type of offense for his skillset. Brown is a solid starte in Pit and may even be the new #1, Jackson still has enough gas in the tank and will beat Ingram's numbers this year. Powell and 2 extra picks is a bonus.If you look at their ADPs, SJAX-24, Brown-62 and 2 picks for Ingram-91, Pierre-90 and Cobb-181. if it's Pierre Thomas, it's even worse.

Just traded for him.SJax/Antonio Brown/Bilal Powell/2.11/3.11forIngram/Pierre/Cobb
And that guy is loving it. Man did you take a beating on this one.
I'd rather have Ingram/Pierre/Cobb. No beating from my pov.
Evven on a dynasty it's horrid. Garcon is with a rookie QB and he is no Steve Smith, Cobb is buried and Ingram is on the wrong type of offense for his skillset. Brown is a solid starte in Pit and may even be the new #1, Jackson still has enough gas in the tank and will beat Ingram's numbers this year. Powell and 2 extra picks is a bonus.If you look at their ADPs, SJAX-24, Brown-62 and 2 picks for Ingram-91, Pierre-90 and Cobb-181. if it's Pierre Thomas, it's even worse.
It is Pierre Thomas. Those ADP's I assume are for redraft, not dynasty, right?I respect your point of view here, but I am happy with the trade. I like Antonio Brown a lot, but believe that Cobb's talent is superior, and in the long run that usually is more important. SJax this year is the better player, but he will be irrelevant as early as 2013, and Ingram will still be playing in one of the league's best offenses for the next 4-6 years. They did not trade up into round one last year to not use Ingram. I give him a pass for last year's debacle based upon not having had the opportunity to participate in an NFL offseason program.It is a risk for the near term, but I am happy with the trade for the long term.

I just sold Ingram for M. Ryan, 1st round pick (9th) and 2nd round pick (11th), I can use either of these picks as a Devy pick if I wish. (I plan to draft Lattimore or Allen). I'm a HUGE fan of Ingram I just have a little depth at the position and couldn't pass up this deal.Tex

They did not trade up into round one last year to not use Ingram.
:goodposting:They paid enough for him that he'll get an extended crack at the featured role eventually. What he does with it is anyone's guess, just like any player we haven't seen a ton of, but the Saints are a well run team, and they didn't trade up for Ingram in order for him to be a backup to Pierre Thomas. Waaaaayyyyyy too early to write Ingram off, IMO. Look at the consensus top-3 RBs this year. How many of them lit it up as rookies?

Users who are viewing this thread