What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Mark Sanchez eating a hot dog during the game (1 Viewer)

TheBradyBunch said:
Not a single thread about Mark Sanchez sitting on the Jets bench in garbage time and eating a hot dog? :no: (sorry no hot dog emoticon)

Definitely NOT a classy move, but downright hilarious nonetheless. I imagine he'll be hearing about that...forever! :bag:
:shrug:

I don't think its hard to come up with reasons why he shouldn't be eating a hot dog on the sidelines. Its very far from common practice.What is he supposed to be doing? This is his job. He's at work. Of all the time he works at his job, this is supposed to be the most focused and serious part of his job. The game is ongoing. Was there absolutely no chance he was going back on the field? I ask because I don't know what the game situation was.There's an element of disrespect and childish behavior here, and he knows it. Hence, attempting to hide his behavior. Blowing it off and ignoring it is probably the wrong thing to do. Attempting to make a mountain out of it is probably the wrong thing to do as well.
LMAO. Ever heard of a lunch break? Like others have said, if he was eating the tube steak in plain view, it would have been showboating. He tried to do it discreetly. I know that at times my stomach is screaming for a little something. Maybe they should have a little tent on the sidelines. Go take a dump. Eat a hot dog. Whatever. Maybe he just wanted to puke on Kelly. Shoot a load of puke right over Mangold's head into the D line. :thumbup:

I don't think its hard to come up with reasons why he shouldn't be eating a hot dog on the sidelines. Its very far from common practice.What is he supposed to be doing? This is his job. He's at work. Of all the time he works at his job, this is supposed to be the most focused and serious part of his job. The game is ongoing. Was there absolutely no chance he was going back on the field? I ask because I don't know what the game situation was.There's an element of disrespect and childish behavior here, and he knows it. Hence, attempting to hide his behavior. Blowing it off and ignoring it is probably the wrong thing to do. Attempting to make a mountain out of it is probably the wrong thing to do as well.
LMAO. Ever heard of a lunch break? Like others have said, if he was eating the tube steak in plain view, it would have been showboating. He tried to do it discreetly. I know that at times my stomach is screaming for a little something. Maybe they should have a little tent on the sidelines. Go take a dump. Eat a hot dog. Whatever. Maybe he just wanted to puke on Kelly. Shoot a load of puke right over Mangold's head into the D line. :football:
Sure, I've heard of a lunch break. I believe its a routinely scheduled event that employees are entitled to. There's a time and place for a lunch break. That wasn't it, and I would guess you know it.I said it before, and I'll say it again. It's not a big deal, but it's not nothing. There's no "outrage" here from anyone. I don't see anyone making statements about it being worthy of a fine or anything like that. Do you? Can't we just call it what it was? A bad choice. Acknowledge it and move on.

LMAO. Ever heard of a lunch break? Like others have said, if he was eating the tube steak in plain view, it would have been showboating. He tried to do it discreetly. I know that at times my stomach is screaming for a little something. Maybe they should have a little tent on the sidelines. Go take a dump. Eat a hot dog. Whatever. Maybe he just wanted to puke on Kelly. Shoot a load of puke right over Mangold's head into the D line. :hifive:
Sure, I've heard of a lunch break. I believe its a routinely scheduled event that employees are entitled to. There's a time and place for a lunch break. That wasn't it, and I would guess you know it.I said it before, and I'll say it again. It's not a big deal, but it's not nothing. There's no "outrage" here from anyone. I don't see anyone making statements about it being worthy of a fine or anything like that. Do you? Can't we just call it what it was? A bad choice. Acknowledge it and move on.
Just a guess, but do you carefully tear the toilet paper at the serrated designated sheet perforation? Because if you don't, I think there is an element of disrespect there. Hiding in a bathroom, tearing the toilet paper any old way... what about the next person? C'mon, seriously, this whole thing is about as silly as how one tears toilet paper. The guy grabbed a hot dog on the sideline. There were 6 minutes left in a 38-0 game. Childish? Disrespectful? No, just a hot dog. It's not like he shaved his legs for a TV commercial, OK?

The whole thing is hilarious, especially the media making a big deal out of it. The only thing I question is, "why a hot dog?"... Man, that can't be good on the guts during a football game...

Can someone explain to me why this would at all matter? He was hungry so he ate some food. Isn't that what people do?

OK

just curious the thoughts people have on Rex ryan saying he is not happy about this?

Is he making a big deal about nothing? Or does he harbor some latent wienerphobia?

OKjust curious the thoughts people have on Rex ryan saying he is not happy about this?Is he making a big deal about nothing? Or does he harbor some latent wienerphobia?
Because some bored radio hosts/ bloggers decided to fake so e outrage about it, Ryan wants to act lie he cares. I guarantee you that he and his quarterback shared some laughs and eyerolls about the whole thing.

Rex Ryan was on the radio yesterday and said he had a big problem with it. He doesnt want Sanchez disrespecting the game and although he knows that wasnt his intention he did have a talking to him about it. Sounds like some type of fine will be forthcoming. So to answer someone else's question above, yes the coach did have a problem with it.

OKjust curious the thoughts people have on Rex ryan saying he is not happy about this?Is he making a big deal about nothing? Or does he harbor some latent wienerphobia?
Because some bored radio hosts/ bloggers decided to fake so e outrage about it, Ryan wants to act lie he cares. I guarantee you that he and his quarterback shared some laughs and eyerolls about the whole thing.
wouldn't he then say "he ate a hot dog, no big deal, non story"why fake caring about such a non issue? Seems like that's a stupid way to put this to rest.Nope, I think Rex has wiener issues

I :unsure: when I saw it. Heck, if CBS is going to force me to watch another blowout (I got stuck last week watching ALL of NE-Ten), then I might as well get a laugh out of it.

What if when the jets played the pats next time, the pats pull into a big lead and Brady and Moss are both on the sidelines gobbling wieners. Are Jets fans ok with that? What about Bellicheck, if he just drops the headsets and sticks a hot wiener in his mouth. There's no issue with it?

I can't understand why anyone spends one nanojoule of energy caring.
including Rex?
If Rex has an issue with it, he should address that. If there is a team policy against eating during a game, then he should address the broken policy.As far as the rest of the world is concerned, I stand by my statement.
Rex seems to think it was disrespecting the game. That is not a team policy issue, it seems larger than that. Perhaps there's a reason he was hiding his wiener. Perhaps there's a reason we do not see wiener vendors roaming the sidelines of NFL games. The last sideline wiener munching incident I recall was Barry Switzer at the pro bowl, the pro bowl, not even an actual game, and it was something talked about.I think the Sanchez wiener is a symptom of a bigger problem with him. He seems to lack perspective on what is acceptable from a Pro Athlete. This wiener is just the tip of the iceberg.

The Post is reporting today that it wasn't a hot dog, it was actually an italian sausage. They make em pretty good at the Stadium. I really don't blame the guy.

The Post is reporting today that it wasn't a hot dog, it was actually an italian sausage. They make em pretty good at the Stadium. I really don't blame the guy.
HE was in Cali though, I'd wager there's a much wider variety of Itallian Sausage right there in the Big Apple.Maybe he tired of all the local sausage he'd been munching and wanted some with a west coast flair.Either way, regardless of wiener type, it seems sorta classless

including Rex?
If Rex has an issue with it, he should address that. If there is a team policy against eating during a game, then he should address the broken policy.As far as the rest of the world is concerned, I stand by my statement.
Rex seems to think it was disrespecting the game. That is not a team policy issue, it seems larger than that. Perhaps there's a reason he was hiding his wiener. Perhaps there's a reason we do not see wiener vendors roaming the sidelines of NFL games. The last sideline wiener munching incident I recall was Barry Switzer at the pro bowl, the pro bowl, not even an actual game, and it was something talked about.I think the Sanchez wiener is a symptom of a bigger problem with him. He seems to lack perspective on what is acceptable from a Pro Athlete. This wiener is just the tip of the iceberg.
I just can't argue on this topic.a 22 year old tried to discretely eat something on the sideline of a football game, and this is somehow news. :coffee: This has already expended waaaaay much more energy than is representative of how much I really don't care. I'm a Pats fan, and will take any opportunity to dump on the Jets, but this is beneath where any of us should care.

I just can't argue on this topic.a 22 year old tried to discretely eat something on the sideline of a football game, and this is somehow news. :rolleyes: This has already expended waaaaay much more energy than is representative of how much I really don't care. I'm a Pats fan, and will take any opportunity to dump on the Jets, but this is beneath where any of us should care.
I agree. This is something to laugh about, for the team to make fun of him about. But people are treating it like he got a DUI. Brandon Marshall gets arrested going to the bathroom, and this rookie QB ate a hotdog. Seriously?I've seen reports where the team went to him, and said if you get hungry try a powerbar. Which is probably a good idea. I'm sure he'll eat a little better next time during a game, and all in all it was worth a good laugh. But when the NFL is full of ex-cons, it's hard to come down on a rookie for eating a hotdog.

including Rex?
I just can't argue on this topic.a 22 year old tried to discretely eat something on the sideline of a football game, and this is somehow news. :rolleyes: This has already expended waaaaay much more energy than is representative of how much I really don't care. I'm a Pats fan, and will take any opportunity to dump on the Jets, but this is beneath where any of us should care.
his coach said he was disrespecting the game. Maybe Rex has some issues with perspective.It does seem odd that this being such a non issue: 1)he felt he had to be "discreet" (read that hide it like a 5 year old) 2)more football players are not devouring wieners on the sideline. I am sure a lot of them get hungry, there are obviously wieners to be found, as Mark found one. Yet, can anyone recall this happening before outside of Barry Switzer? I cannot. Wieners are tasty, I have been known to swallow a wiener myself. Sometimes more than one at a sitting. Yet somehow no football player ever partakes in this perfectly acceptable practice. Hmm...seems curious

I agree. This is something to laugh about, for the team to make fun of him about. But people are treating it like he got a DUI. Brandon Marshall gets arrested going to the bathroom, and this rookie QB ate a hotdog. Seriously?I've seen reports where the team went to him, and said if you get hungry try a powerbar. Which is probably a good idea. I'm sure he'll eat a little better next time during a game, and all in all it was worth a good laugh. But when the NFL is full of ex-cons, it's hard to come down on a rookie for eating a hotdog.
listen, no one is saying it is a DUI. But to act like there's no wiener issue to discuss is disingenuous. This is not the end of the world, but as Rex said, it is not a good thing and he'll take care of it.So your wiener deflection tactics, while admirable, are not going to work.

Maybe he tired of all the local sausage he'd been munching and wanted some with a west coast flair.
Do you realize that the only thing keeping your tireless and lame weiner-eating jopkes from falling completely flat is the humor that is supplied by knowing that your team's quarterback is Tony freakin' Romo?

including Rex?
:lmao: Rex said "I can see how someone might interptret this as disrespecting the game"..... That's different - he knows Marks intentions were pure but, it could be interpreted by some internet whackos to be much worse...... hmmmmmm....

As for Moss and Brady doing it - If they were crouched on the bench and had stomach issues and tried to conceal it, I wouldn't waste too much energy worrying about it myself. :shrug:

2)more football players are not devouring wieners on the sideline. I am sure a lot of them get hungry, there are obviously wieners to be found, as Mark found one. Yet, can anyone recall this happening before outside of Barry Switzer? I cannot. Wieners are tasty, I have been known to swallow a wiener myself. Sometimes more than one at a sitting. Yet somehow no football player ever partakes in this perfectly acceptable practice. Hmm...seems curious
Thanks for the new sig, Flamer. :shrug:

Maybe he tired of all the local sausage he'd been munching and wanted some with a west coast flair.
Do you realize that the only thing keeping your tireless and lame weiner-eating jopkes from falling completely flat is the humor that is supplied by knowing that your team's quarterback is Tony freakin' Romo?
not sure how romo plays into this at all:shrug:glad you don't like him and all, but this is kind of a stretch.The bottom line is Rex Ryan thinks Sanchez disrespected the game. This is, therefore, not the same as you or I eating a wiener in central park. People trying to play it off like it was a 100% non issue are either fooling themselves OR they think they know more about the ins and outs of proper sideline etiquette then Rex Ryan. I happen to respect Rex and I think he is doing a good job. I'll defer to him on if this matters and how much it matters. It's not the end of the world, it does not mean sanchez sucks, but it is not the same as any old person off the street eating a brat. There's a reason it is not done more often.

Last edited by a moderator:
2)more football players are not devouring wieners on the sideline. I am sure a lot of them get hungry, there are obviously wieners to be found, as Mark found one. Yet, can anyone recall this happening before outside of Barry Switzer? I cannot. Wieners are tasty, I have been known to swallow a wiener myself. Sometimes more than one at a sitting. Yet somehow no football player ever partakes in this perfectly acceptable practice. Hmm...seems curious
Thanks for the new sig, Flamer. :shrug:
I'm honored!what are you a vegan or something? Who doesn't chomp down a wiener on occasion?

not sure how romo plays into this at all:lmao:glad you don't like him and all, but this is kind of a stretch.The bottom line is Rex Ryan thinks Sanchez disrespected the game.
Ah, that's the bottom line is it?Actually, I think the bottom line is, no one really gives a crap.

Just heard on talk radio out here that Donovan McNabb puked during the superbowl because he ate something during halftime.

Granted Sanchez was on bench at that point, but I think it is a pretty risky move eating during a game. Cramps and all sorts of bad things could have happened. One player should not put his needs before the needs of the team.

This reminds me of when Vlade divac used to smoke on the bench.

not sure how romo plays into this at all:thumbdown:glad you don't like him and all, but this is kind of a stretch.The bottom line is Rex Ryan thinks Sanchez disrespected the game.
Ah, that's the bottom line is it?Actually, I think the bottom line is, no one really gives a crap.
Rex does. :hophead:

not sure how romo plays into this at all:shrug:glad you don't like him and all, but this is kind of a stretch.The bottom line is Rex Ryan thinks Sanchez disrespected the game.
Rex does. :shrug:
Not publically. He NEVER indicated the HE had a problem with it. He saod "I could see how some peple.." like you, apparently. Get a life.

Not publically. He NEVER indicated the HE had a problem with it. He saod "I could see how some peple.." like you, apparently. Get a life.
I believe you are mistaken here.HE said, publicly, that is was an issue.
Post it then... I heard him on the radio kinda laughing saying "well, yeah... You know, some people might interpret that wrong... So, it's best to put a stop to it".....I think his biggest issue was "WHERE IS MY FREAKING HOT DOG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Users who are viewing this thread