What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Maroney sits, while Dillon plays (1 Viewer)

LawFitz

Footballguy
Shouldn't this have been the other way around since Maroney is the backup?

I think the question is whether Maroney was/is healthy?

Per Yahoo Notes -

"Aug 30 John Tomase, of the Boston Herald, reports New England Patriots RB Laurence Maroney could emerge as the team's No. 1 running back during the season.

"Aug 28 The Boston Globe reported that Maroney was not at practice for the Patriots on Monday due to undisclosed reasons."

What the heck is going on? Is he hurt or is Belichek keeping him under wraps before unveiling his new STARting RB on the unsuspecting Jills???

:popcorn: - Maroney owner/fan.

Per Yahoo Notes -

"Aug 30 John Tomase, of the Boston Herald, reports New England Patriots RB Laurence Maroney could emerge as the team's No. 1 running back during the season.

"Aug 28 The Boston Globe reported that Maroney was not at practice for the Patriots on Monday due to undisclosed reasons."

What the heck is going on? Is he hurt or is Belichek keeping him under wraps before unveiling his new STARting RB on the unsuspecting Jills???

That last line, Maroney being the starter, wouldn't be a total surprise from the Stealth Bomber of NFL coaches but it could be any one of a hundred things. Missing practice swings you thinking the other way though.

I think it is a minor injury, probably one of those things where if it was a reg season game, he would play . . .

Why would they risk Dillon tonight if Maroney was hurt?
who knows . . . someone has to run the ball . . . again, I think it is just a minor injury, not enough to get worked up about . . . Riess (Pats insider) hasnt commented on it, so it must be minor . . .

Doesn't seem that many other RB1s are playing tonight either - why would Maroney? And considering that as of 9:30EST there have been 5 backs getting carries for NE, there isn't much to discuss here.

Doesn't seem that many other RB1s are playing tonight either - why would Maroney? And considering that as of 9:30EST there have been 5 backs getting carries for NE, there isn't much to discuss here.
Yup thats why...40 User(s) are reading this topic (17 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)23 Members: supermark_28, Solidsteel Rats, Turbo Punch, One, MXM34, Pooch, Mighty Mice, IndyHavoc, Punchie, ffweasel, AcerFC, fruity pebbles, mistersmith, Darrinll40, Raagsreth, RJJR, rascal, mjrosenbaum, surferguy, SKIDMARK, stoe369, bonesman, NYCelt :shock: :eek: ;)

I'm a Maroney owner and I know from past experience that "undisclosed" matters in New England are usually not good.

I'm a Maroney owner and I know from past experience that "undisclosed" matters in New England are usually not good.
I'm guessing the probabilities to be...75% He has some sort of unknown injury. Could be minor, major, who tf knows? :cry: 25% Billy B is hiding his future uber stud. :excited:

Both Maroney and Brady missed both practices this week that were open to the media. Is there a Brady injury that we don't know about, I don't think so. I wonder if this is Big Bill trying to hide his starters for week 1?

per BB post game presser when asked about the absent players....

The players that were here tonight played, the players that were not here, didn't.

per BB post game presser when asked about the absent players....The players that were here tonight played, the players that were not here, didn't.
gives away a lot tonight as usual. I think Bill Bellickeck's eology will list him as questionable due to natural causes.

Was watching NFL Total Access today and the hosts (M. Faulk, Rod Woodson & someone else?) were discussing the fact that Bill Bellickeck had said he would be playing his starters tonight. Woodson & faulk were making all kinds of faces & squirming in their seats over the fact that Bellickeck would be doing that in the last pre season game.

Anyway, knowing that Bellickeck was going to play his starters tonight & Dillon started, that tells us that Dillon is the starter.

Anyway, knowing that Bellickeck was going to play his starters tonight & Dillon started, that tells us that Dillon is the starter.
Unless, of course, he's not.
How true.
Belichick is going to do what he wants to do, and doesn't care about making sure that his comments before the last preseason game are perfectly accurate regarding his intentions. As Parcells always likes to say, "I reserve the right to change my mind."

according to the boston herald, he has an undisclosed knee injury, no word on the severity. he didn't make the trip to east rutherford.

sounds great :cry:

Is there even a chance that BB would consider keeping Cobbs and cutting Dillon (assuming there really is no 'injury' to Maroney)?

He's injured and awaiting the severity of the injury. Sounds like he got injured in last weeks game against Washington. I don't like the sound of this one. BB would not comment on individual players last night. Smells fishy...... :confused: The story can be found in one of the Boston papers online.

Per Yahoo Notes -

Actually, if you were paying attention it was pretty obvious ... Dillon was wearing a visor that he was testing out, since he took a facefull of sod that got into his eyes and prevented his return in the second half of last week's game ... nothing devious here by the Pats, just an equiptment check prior to the start of the season ... :bye: :football:

Unless, of course, he's not.
How true.
Belichick is going to do what he wants to do, and doesn't care about making sure that his comments before the last preseason game are perfectly accurate regarding his intentions. As Parcells always likes to say, "I reserve the right to change my mind."
Maybe this is just BBs way of telling us who TONIGHTs starters are. It doesn't mean they will be the same starters on Sept 10th.

Maroney has a leg injury the severity which is totally unknown. Playing detective here, if the Pats keep both Evans and Cobbs tomorrow that could indicate it's somewhat serious. Traditionally the Pats don't keep a lot of RBs (they only had three last year prior to injuries) so keeping five would be breaking from what we've seen in the past.

Even if Dillon is the "starter" as long as Maroney is healthy he will be a major part of this offense. For those who think that Dillon is going to be a workhorse this year the chances of that are between slim and none if Maroney is good to go.

Maroney has a leg injury the severity which is totally unknown. Playing detective here, if the Pats keep both Evans and Cobbs tomorrow that could indicate it's somewhat serious. Traditionally the Pats don't keep a lot of RBs (they only had three last year prior to injuries) so keeping five would be breaking from what we've seen in the past.Even if Dillon is the "starter" as long as Maroney is healthy he will be a major part of this offense. For those who think that Dillon is going to be a workhorse this year the chances of that are between slim and none if Maroney is good to go.
Patrick Cobbs has looked pretty good in the preseason. Maybe a deep sleeper if Maroney is out because I think Dillon can't go a full 16 anymore. As a Maroney owner, I'll be doing several rituals to remove the evil spirits from his mysterious leg injury. Evil leg demons be gone!

Is there even a chance that BB would consider keeping Cobbs and cutting Dillon (assuming there really is no 'injury' to Maroney)?
Well there's always a chance for anything to happen, but I'd give this about a 0.01% chance of happening. The cutting Dillon part that is.

Users who are viewing this thread