What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Marshawn Lynch (1 Viewer)

theglorydays

Footballguy
As a bills fan, coming into the first game of the season i was pretty low on the bills. The O-line was going to be amongst the worst in the leage and I was pretty confident there wouldn't be any running lanes. That was what last year was like. (the end of the year the oline started to gel but they pretty much have an entirely different line this year)

But, after watching monday nights game, i'm really think Lynch could be a great option. TO and Lee Evans have basically elimanated 8 in the box. The Oline looked much better than expected and i think lynch could have a really good year.

Fred Jackson is a slight concern, but i think the carries will be split like last year with the majority of them going to Lynch.

Thoughts? What would you guys be willing to give up to get Lynch?

I'm still not that high on the guy, but I'm higher on him than I was before the Patriots game.

Though New England does have a horrible defense, I was shocked how well the Buffalo o-line was faring through the game.

I'm not sure what I'd give up for him but probably not a lot because I think Lynch owners may see last night's game and think Fred Jackson may steal a lot of touches. I would still try to get him but don't over-offer because I don't think it'll be needed to pry him away.

I'm not sure what I'd give up for him but probably not a lot because I think Lynch owners may see last night's game and think Fred Jackson may steal a lot of touches. I would still try to get him but don't over-offer because I don't think it'll be needed to pry him away.
The offer i made is Carnell Williams and Laurent Robinson for Lynch. Knowing the owners in my league, i guarantee they veto it. If they do veto it, i'm prepared to offer Moreno for Lynch.

If Fred Jackson continues to play like he did Monday Night, there is now way Buffalo doesn't go RBBC. He's got two more games to showcase what he's got and I have a feeling he's going all out.

DaTruth

If Fred Jackson continues to play like he did Monday Night, there is now way Buffalo doesn't go RBBC. He's got two more games to showcase what he's got and I have a feeling he's going all out. DaTruth
3.5 ish yards per carry on a depleted NE defense. I don't see what all the hype is on the guy. Yes he caught some passes for good yardage but Lynch is also a pass catching RB that can run for a better YPG. Jackson should spell Lynch and get some 3RD down opportunity's but I don't see him as a main back from what I say Monday night.

I'm a big Bills fan, and I own Lynch in both my leagues & didn't bother drafting Jackson in either due to better RBs being available.

There is zero chance Jackson keeps the job or even full RBBC. It will be exactly like it was last year, Lynch getting about 65-70% with Jackson spelling him & getting many of the 3rd downs. Jackson didn't do much running the ball, he did his damage on screens against a Defensive alignment that was perfect for the screen. He is filling in admirably, but he is not Lynch. It may take 1-2 weeks for him to get up to speed when he returns, but Lynch will be a borderline RB1 for the stretch run.

Maybe you can find a panicky owner who thinks the opposite of what I've said. If so, I'd advise buying Lynch. But if somebody offered me Cadillac & a Rams WR for Lynch, I would laugh in their face.

I happen to own both F Jax & Lynch, and at this point I wish Lynch was suspended for the year. Both players' value will diminish once Lynch returns. There is no chance of Lynch being a bell cow, or even getting 65% of the carries IMO. Jackson is the Bills Leon Washington, and he will have a significant role.

I happen to own both F Jax & Lynch, and at this point I wish Lynch was suspended for the year. Both players' value will diminish once Lynch returns. There is no chance of Lynch being a bell cow, or even getting 65% of the carries IMO. Jackson is the Bills Leon Washington, and he will have a significant role.
He has 2 favorable matchups coming up. They play Tampa and New Orleans in week 2 and week 3.I still believe that Lynch will get the majority of the work regardless.

You may be correct I just don't see what all the hype is about when concerning Jackson. Jackson being Leon I disagree with I think Leon is a better RB.

I also own Jackson and Lynch. My plan is to start Jackson the next two weeks, then sit both guys until we see how it plays out for a few weeks. We'll know by week 7 or 8 what Lynch's true value is.

You may be correct I just don't see what all the hype is about when concerning Jackson. Jackson being Leon I disagree with I think Leon is a better RB.
Leon Washington is more explosive, but i don't see how you can say he is better. Jackson has proved he can carry the load in the few opportunities hes been given. 27 for 136 last year against the Pats in his only start of the year. In 2007 he started against the Redskins and had 16 for 82 and 4 catches for 69.

I think Lynch is going to have some huge games with Owens and Evans there. Jackson is a good change of pace back, but Lynch is the real deal. I think hes going to be a great RB1 once he gets back on the field

I think Lynch is going to have some huge games with Owens and Evans there. Jackson is a good change of pace back, but Lynch is the real deal. I think hes going to be a great RB1 once he gets back on the field
I'm willing to gamble on this. The bills rbs have been plagued by a poor oline and teams crowding the line of scrimmage. With TO and Lee i don't see this happening any more. I really think Lynch could have a big year.He went for over 1000 yards in 13 games his rookie year. I think he could do it this year as well.

Either way, Jackson has looked great every opportunity he has gotten. He went 15 for 115 vs the dolphins and is a solid rb. Leon is more explosive but is a 3rd down scat back type.

I am a Lynch owner and did not draft/add Jackson due to better options. That being said, Lynch's value takes a hit with the 3 game suspension plus a bye week 9, but that's why he fell as far as he did in the draft. I hope the homers are correct in that he will be the man when he returns b/c this owner is mildly concerned based on Freddy's performance week 1.

Terrific buy opportunity for him right now. Evans/Owens will keep safeties attention, even if Edwards doesn't test them very often. Tons of room for RB catches in the flat, as we saw Monday, and Lynch is a very good receiver. Lynch is also very well conditioned, so no huddle suits him well.

Yea i like both rbs for the bills but the problem i see is who is going to get the majority of the carries? If Jackson dominates vs the bucs and saints, and i think he could, what will that mean for lynch? If the carries are closer to 50/50 i see lynch getting most of the goaline carries but i don't know how good the bills offense is for this to be a buying point on lynch.

Leon Washington is more explosive, but i don't see how you can say he is better. Jackson has proved he can carry the load in the few opportunities hes been given. 27 for 136 last year against the Pats in his only start of the year. In 2007 he started against the Redskins and had 16 for 82 and 4 catches for 69.
He can catch the ball and is a good 3RD down back but sucks as a running back. He had 15 for 50 something against a bad Pats D. Jackson is not a running back just a change of pace back. We are talking about the Bills though and we could expect a 50/50 split in playing time I assume but, Lynch is the much better back.

He can catch the ball and is a good 3RD down back but sucks as a running back. He had 15 for 50 something against a bad Pats D. Jackson is not a running back just a change of pace back. We are talking about the Bills though and we could expect a 50/50 split in playing time I assume but, Lynch is the much better back.
Sucks as a running back? I don't know how your coming up with this...i guess you think kevin smith sucks as a running back with his stellar 15 for 20 vs the saints. Jackson definitely doesn't suck as a running back and i assume you haven't watched him much. He has 203 carries in his career for 928 yards 4.6ypc. That definitely doesn't "suck" so i don't know what your trying to say here. I agree lynch is the better back, but for the sake of this debate, jackson has a better ypc than lynch.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sucks as a running back? I don't know how your coming up with this...i guess you think kevin smith sucks as a running back with his stellar 15 for 20 vs the saints. He definitely doesn't suck as a running back and i assume you haven't watched him much. He has 203 carries in his career for 928 yards 4.6ypc. That definitely doesn't "suck" so i don't know what your trying to say here. I agree lynch is the better back, but for the sake of this debate, jackson has a better ypc than lynch.
You are correct that I think K.Smith is a better running back. I have not seen a ton from him but I would assume most of Jackson's yards are in garbage time when they are way down when the defense has their dime package in or in a 3RD and long situation. What I did see from Jackson against a poor D I was not impressed.

You are correct that I think K.Smith is a better running back. I have not seen a ton from him but I would assume most of Jackson's yards are in garbage time when they are way down when the defense has their dime package in or in a 3RD and long situation. What I did see from Jackson against a poor D I was not impressed.
140 total yards and a TD? What exactly does it take to impress you?

Sucks as a running back? I don't know how your coming up with this...i guess you think kevin smith sucks as a running back with his stellar 15 for 20 vs the saints. He definitely doesn't suck as a running back and i assume you haven't watched him much. He has 203 carries in his career for 928 yards 4.6ypc. That definitely doesn't "suck" so i don't know what your trying to say here. I agree lynch is the better back, but for the sake of this debate, jackson has a better ypc than lynch.

Let me correct you here. The bills aren't the lions and aren't getting blown out alot like you assume. They've been a competitive football team for the past three seasons with a record of 7-9 each year. You can have your opinions about Jackson based on one game where he didn't run the ball great but he did alot in the passing game. 15-57 5-83 1td sounds great to me. And for you to assume that alot of his yards are obtained in trash time is ridiculous. Either way, i guess if the lions players get stats in trash time you should discredit their stats as well.

I mean, Fred isn't ADP but who is? He personally reminds me of Matt Forte.

Just talking as a RB not as a 3RD down receiver. 3.5 ish a carry does not inpress me against that D. If it was against PIT,Bal,Min I would be more forgiving.

Just talking as a RB not as a 3RD down receiver. 3.5 ish a carry does not inpress me against that D. If it was against PIT,Bal,Min I would be more forgiving.
Look at a larger sample size man...i don't get it one game and your saying he's not a good runner. I just posted his career numbers 4.6 ypc. What about frank gore? Michael Turner? Kevin Smith? They all had ####ty wks against not so great defenses so i don't get your logic here. I guess bc he isn't a big time name and the fact that your unfamiliar with him, your writing him off for one "bad" running performance. Either way you can't discredit his receiving ability so your argument isn't that meaningful.

Wow Forte huh. I was thinking Kevin Faulk maybe

fred jackson has played very well when replacing lynch for the last couple years and that has never earned him a chunk of lynch's workload.

in 2007 lynch missed week 12 against the skins and lynch had 16/82 and 4/22. the next week the bills ran all over the dolphins with lynch and fjax. lynch had 23/107 and fjax had 15/115. certainly seems like he should earn some carries after those 2 weeks but he went 7, 6, 5 to close out the year. weird.

in 2008 he avged 8 carries a game.

i kinda doubt hes gonna take a lot from lynch. the coaching staff was unwilling to increase his roll before, despite him showing talent and effectiveness, i wouldnt bet on their gameplan changing now.

yea, i mean, u seem like a stat guy. You know, just throw out blind assumptions and have opinions based off of one game. Considering there skill set and similar stature, i think it is a good comparison.I mean, Forte has a 3.9 ypc average for his career, so i guess he's terrible according to you, LOL

yea, i mean, u seem like a stat guy. You know, just throw out blind assumptions and have opinions based off of one game. Considering there skill set and similar stature, i think it is a good comparison.I mean, Forte has a 3.9 ypc average for his career, so i guess he's terrible according to you, LOL
Forte is a good back I don't think Jackson is. IMO Jackson is a change of pace and a 3RD down recieving back nothing more.

Yea well your entitled to your opinion. We'll have to wait and see how Jackson performs these next two wks to see if he's more than just a change of pace guy. With Lynch in front of him of course that's what he is but he's got an opportunity to prove that he is more than that.

Yea well your entitled to your opinion. We'll have to wait and see how Jackson performs these next two wks to see if he's more than just a change of pace guy. With Lynch in front of him of course that's what he is but he's got an opportunity to prove that he is more than that.
By the way, I'm starting Jackson over both Kevin Smith and Forte this wk.

Jackson is a Mewelde Moore type, plenty of skills and capable of having great fantasy games, but not as talented as a guy like Lynch.

In the two leagues where I drafted Tomlinson, I targeted Lynch as a guy I could count on starting in Week 4. Right now Week 4 feels very far away, but I still expect good PPG from Lynch. I've expected this offense to put up pretty good fantasy numbers overall (except for Owens).

2007 carries:

Lynch 280 (13 games)

Jackson 58

2008 carries:

Lynch 250 (15 games)

Jackson 130

Will Jackson cut into him? He already has. From 2007 to 2008, Lynch had 30 fewer carries even though he had 2 more games played.

Lynch will probably continue to get more carries, but it was nearly 60/40 last season. Tough to argue that Jackson has done anything to see his role shrink.

2007 carries:Lynch 280 (13 games)Jackson 582008 carries: Lynch 250 (15 games)Jackson 130Will Jackson cut into him? He already has. From 2007 to 2008, Lynch had 30 fewer carries even though he had 2 more games played. Lynch will probably continue to get more carries, but it was nearly 60/40 last season. Tough to argue that Jackson has done anything to see his role shrink.
anthony thomas and dwayne wright 65 carrys at tailback in 2007. the difference is not so pronounced.

2007 carries:Lynch 280 (13 games)Jackson 582008 carries: Lynch 250 (15 games)Jackson 130Will Jackson cut into him? He already has. From 2007 to 2008, Lynch had 30 fewer carries even though he had 2 more games played. Lynch will probably continue to get more carries, but it was nearly 60/40 last season. Tough to argue that Jackson has done anything to see his role shrink.
It's equally tough to argue he's done much to increase it either.

What you fail to mention is that 27 of Jackson's 08 carries came in a game when Lynch was out, 10 the game before which was when Lynch got injured. From 07-08 Lynch increased his catch total from 18 to 47. Jackson is a good player to have with Lynch, for the 1st 3 games and in case of injury as he has shown the ability to produce solid numbers when called upon. Make no mistake though, when Lynch returns, 65% of RB touches will go to Lynch and Jackson will get the rest.

Any Lynch owners getting worried or Jackson owners getting excited? 28 - 163 rushing 6 - 25 recieving, my oppinion is swayed because I own Jackson and not Lynch, but I think he deserves an expanded role with his performance and Lynch's actions 2 years in a row. Anyone think he's getting close to 50 - 50 time share, or maybe moving into the #1 spot??

By the way, I'm starting Jackson over both Kevin Smith and Forte this wk.
Good move, freddy is going to rip the saints on the ground and through the air again next week. I expect at least 100 total yards and a touchdown

Any Lynch owners getting worried or Jackson owners getting excited? 28 - 163 rushing 6 - 25 recieving, my oppinion is swayed because I own Jackson and not Lynch, but I think he deserves an expanded role with his performance and Lynch's actions 2 years in a row. Anyone think he's getting close to 50 - 50 time share, or maybe moving into the #1 spot??
I'm willing to gamble and i'm making a move on lynch. I think he will come back and get the majority of the carries and the bills offense looks pretty good so far. Having TO helps the offense and the running game a ton.

I have a hard time believing Lynch takes a back seat or anything.

I think more likely we get a full blown RBBC, 50/50 load or 60/40 even, in favor of Lynch.

I don't trust the results today, Tampa Bay sucks.

I have a hard time believing Lynch takes a back seat or anything.I think more likely we get a full blown RBBC, 50/50 load or 60/40 even, in favor of Lynch. I don't trust the results today, Tampa Bay sucks.
That's perfectly reasonable. It's just not going to be 70/30 as most of us thought a few weeks ago.

i have jackson this year though ive had lynch in years past. I'd love to see freddy keep doing what he's doing. Lynch has shown that he can be an effective receiver and I'm mostly worried that when he comes back, both their values will drop. I know lynch is their number 1 but it'd make little sense to me to give lynch the #1 spot right away if jackson lights it up against new orleans.

I see Jackson as Michael Turner, version 2. Has the size and vision to be an every down back, and is an above average pass catcher, so he has the 3rd down ability. If Jackson ever gets traded to a team that will give him the workhorse back role, watch out.

I see Jackson as Michael Turner, version 2. Has the size and vision to be an every down back, and is an above average pass catcher, so he has the 3rd down ability. If Jackson ever gets traded to a team that will give him the workhorse back role, watch out.
I agree, personally, he reminds me of matt forte. But the problem is he is approaching 29 years of age. We just locked him up for another 4 years too...

I agree, personally, he reminds me of matt forte. But the problem is he is approaching 29 years of age. We just locked him up for another 4 years too...
Does Lynch get the job back with how Jackson is performing?

Does Lynch get the job back with how Jackson is performing?
of course23 yds old 1st rounder VS 29 yds old journeyman

I am actually pretty excited about Lynch's prospects. As mentioned above, Jackson looks good and I think the team still considers Lynch their #1 RB, so I think he will put up good numbers. I don't think Lynch will continue the 34 touches Jackson had last night because Jackson is the only back they have right now. I wish I grabbed Jackson, but he went really early, but I had to take Lynch as my first backup RB because he was still available so late in the draft and I think it will pay off.

Users who are viewing this thread