What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Marvel Cinematic Universe - Can Deadpool Save the MCU? You betcha, friendo! (1 Viewer)

Thor is better watched with the realization that it's a story being told by Korg. It's like the movie 300. You get all this weird stuff; but in the end...it's a Spartan telling a tale. I don't know if it was the best way to present Thor: Love and Thunder........but it makes more sense watching it with that lens in mind.

She-Hulk is pretty money though(great tertiary characters; Madisynne and Donnie Blaze's Hype Man and me laughing); although some of that CGI is 2010 video game CGI.

Finally watched Thor and gotta say the whole thing felt like a parody of a Thor movie. Wtf happened to the MCU?
Going the complete Three Stooges route was a terrible idea, especially with such a dark villain played by an incredible actor in Bale.
Russell Crowe was an embarrassment and that lightening bolt looked very “Disney”.

Now She-Hulk is pretty funny but it was designed to be a light hearted sitcom. Thor should have left out 80% of the humor and it would have worked far better. With that said, it was pretty funny at least.
I’m with you on both. I finished watching the whole movie and it was just too over the top that it made it silly. With the four colors, I felt like I was watching an episode of the Wiggles from when my kids were young. Ragnarok had funny parts but it wasn’t the entire movie.

I actually am enjoying She-Hulk. It’s meant to be a sitcom like you said and having it be half hour shows works.

Thor is better watched with the realization that it's a story being told by Korg. It's like the movie 300. You get all this weird stuff; but in the end...it's a Spartan telling a tale. I don't know if it was the best way to present Thor: Love and Thunder........but it makes more sense watching it with that lens in mind.

She-Hulk is pretty money though(great tertiary characters; Madisynne and Donnie Blaze's Hype Man and me laughing); although some of that CGI is 2010 video game CGI.
Loved Madisynn and Blaze/his crew. Blaze is the oddball director from Entourage. They made this episode. When she came out of the fire circle with her friend’s heart, I had to rewind because I had effing idea what happened.

Finally watched Thor and gotta say the whole thing felt like a parody of a Thor movie. Wtf happened to the MCU?
It kind of dawned on me after watching it, I am pretty sure the movie was from Korg's point of view. He had a ton of direct storytelling moments throughout but it really seemed like this was his version of events with all the hyperbole. I loved it though, and so did the rest of the family.

I am just apathetic to Marvel now. Moonknight was alright. I watched first episodes of She Hulk and Ms Marvel and neither were worth watching more. Thor is my favorite Marvel character but I didn’t even go watch it in the theater. I’ll watch it on D+ this week since I’m off work. Sad but I guess all good things come to an end.
I finally watched Thor. It was okay. I had low hopes going in so it cleared those. Talk about a swift drop from the greatness of Ragnarok and Infinity War. Oof.

It kind of dawned on me after watching it, I am pretty sure the movie was from Korg's point of view. He had a ton of direct storytelling moments throughout but it really seemed like this was his version of events with all the hyperbole. I loved it though, and so did the rest of the family.
Taika taking his role way too seriously. It was fine in small batches, but this ruined it

Yeah, just watched Thor. Was expecting it to be bad and that's what I got. Was totally bored and none of the humor hit for me at all.

Everything really does seem pointless post endgame. Spiderman was ok and I liked parts of Dr. Strange but I have zero desire to rewatch any of it.

It all just feels like a total half hearted money grab

L&T being a parody of a Thor movie was exactly my thoughts on it. I didn't even finish it. I even finished the horrible The Eternals movie so this is the first one that I have not finished.... and I don't have any plans on finishing it. My wife wanted to put it on the other night and I told her it was horrible but she said something about Chris being hot so I am sure she will put it on one night and I will end up finishing it.

The Eternals was absolute trash. Horrible writing, directing, and most of the acting seemed to be mailed in paydays. The two most interesting characters were minor roles (the Indian driver dude... I forgot his name) and Kit's character. My entire family got up and left me watching it. I pushed through because I am (was?) so invested in the MCU.

Ms. Marvel and She-Hulk were also abandoned by me and the first ones for me to do. Ms. Marvel because I am not a 13 year old girl which is obviously who it was aimed at. It felt like one of the Disney kids series like Decendents (but I actually liked Decendents watching with my kids) or whatever (I have seen a lot of those shows having kids). No thanks. It may be something I watch when my kids put it on but as a grown man, I am not going to want to see that. I watched the first episode and fell asleep. I finished it again.

She-Hulk was just bad. The humor was not humorous and the writing just was not good. I watched the first episode and have no interest in watching more.

I started to expect everything coming out from Disney MCU and Star Wars to continue this slide into being at best meh and various degrees of just bad. But Andor is just awesome so it has given me hope that they are actually capable of producing good stuff still. Hopefully they can do it in MCU again because so far there is a stretch of stuff that was ok (Multiverse of Madness) to the crap above.

Taika taking his role way too seriously. It was fine in small batches, but this ruined it
I saw he officially was taken off any future projects. I think that is a good thing. I think the previous Thors the humor was pushing the line at times but they kept it from getting out of hand.... and L&T they said, screw the line- let's go for it! It was the wrong lesson learned.

For those who are still following things this phase, do we think Sharon Carter is part of intelligentsia? It seems to make sense.

Lots of rumblings about the Blade movie being in trouble on the inter webs. The director has left and “rumors” about problems with the script. As always take with a huge grain of salt. I have faith the MCU will continue on strongly. I still enjoy all the movies (even if personally I have been disappointed in the tv series). Don’t know why people didn’t like the new Thor, wife and I found it hilarious and not that much far off the same silliness that Ragnarock had.

So the last two eps of She-Hulk have been kind of meh for me. Didn't feel needed or part of the story, more like we want 9 eps instead of 6 so lets add a couple interludes. I enjoyed the first 5 eps, lets hope 8 & 9 are better.

So the last two eps of She-Hulk have been kind of meh for me. Didn't feel needed or part of the story, more like we want 9 eps instead of 6 so lets add a couple interludes. I enjoyed the first 5 eps, lets hope 8 & 9 are better.
I've enjoyed them all but we better get Matt showing up or there will be riots!! :lmao:

The last episode was the best of the series. I died laughing throughout the episode with those silly characters.

I've enjoyed them all but we better get Matt showing up or there will be riots!! :lmao:
Maybe that's my issue with the last two. I NEED A REALLY GOOD LAWYER!!!
The last episode was the best of the series. I died laughing throughout the episode with those silly characters.
Yeah, I didn't get that same feel...
Although Jen obsessing was fun, if not a typical tv show plot.

Yes he was a little more into the comedic side than the Netflix version, but was still awesome.
Agree - not nearly as dark as the Netflix version - which wouldn't have worked given how light She-Hulk is, but they still did an amazing job with him. Disney obviously has a much bigger budget than Netflix did which helped make Daredevils acrobat skills look much better and more comic-bookish. I'm really looking forward to Daredevil being rebooted in his own Disney series.

I went in not expecting much from She-Hulk but it's been a pleasant surprise. It's genuinely funny and Jen is such a cutie and does a great job with both parts of the role.

FINALLY!

Yes he was a little more into the comedic side than the Netflix version, but was still awesome. Great ep, only one left....
I was a little disappointed with how he was presented. I love Cox in the role and loved the Netflix series. The series was so well done the light hearted turn just struck me wrong. He doesn't have to be doom and gloom all the time but at his essence he was (in the series) a tortured soul. He was just a bit too flippant in She Hulk. I still love the character, and have enjoyed She Hulk, but a little more worried about where Born Again will go.

Werewolf by Night was well done and fun!

FINALLY!

Yes he was a little more into the comedic side than the Netflix version, but was still awesome. Great ep, only one left....
I was a little disappointed with how he was presented. I love Cox in the role and loved the Netflix series. The series was so well done the light hearted turn just struck me wrong. He doesn't have to be doom and gloom all the time but at his essence he was (in the series) a tortured soul. He was just a bit too flippant in She Hulk. I still love the character, and have enjoyed She Hulk, but a little more worried about where Born Again will go.

Understandable.

From the reports they wanted to make sure he fit in with the tone of She-hulk so they made him a little more light hearted. I would hope his series is somewhere in between this and the Netflix version.

FINALLY!

Understandable.

From the reports they wanted to make sure he fit in with the tone of She-hulk so they made him a little more light hearted. I would hope his series is somewhere in between this and the Netflix version.
Him starting out as Daredevil with the suit already makes it far less gritty. The first season is when he took the hardest beatings on Netflix.
I think you’ll get your order hope. It can get more serious under its own banner - but it won’t be a dark as Netflix. That’s fine with me. Like I said the bigger budget helps so that’s a plus.

FINALLY!

Understandable.

Him starting out as Daredevil with the suit already makes it far less gritty. The first season is when he took the hardest beatings on Netflix.
I think you’ll get your order hope. It can get more serious under its own banner - but it won’t be a dark as Netflix. That’s fine with me. Like I said the bigger budget helps so that’s a plus.
Makes sense. Add in Kingpin and both of their appearances in Echo and it should be closer to the Netflix version.

The internet will explode when Marvel brings Daredevil, Deadpool and Spidey together.....

FINALLY!

Understandable.

And I'm not against him being less dark than the Netflix series, it was just a little jarring. Super excited for Kingpin's return as well.

We just watched Werewolf By Night. Had no idea what to expect and got it. We loved it. Please don't watch the trailer until afterwards. It just gives away what you don't want to know in advance even though it's well made.

Recommended.

Yes, I thought Werewolf by Night was really well done, just a fun one-off story.

Overall I liked SheHulk, and I liked the intro to the last episode. Thought it went off the rails with way too much 4th wall breaking for the climax.

My anticipation for DareDevil Born Again has been seriously dropped. I knew it wouldn't be as dark and moody as the Netflix series, but this is too much of a flip for me. I'll still watch and likely enjoy it (especially if Kingpin keeps his tone) but I think they swung the pendulum too far the other way from the Netflix series with the current DD portrayal.

My anticipation for DareDevil Born Again has been seriously dropped. I knew it wouldn't be as dark and moody as the Netflix series, but this is too much of a flip for me.
What flip? The comedy stuff is just for the She-Hulk show, not for his own stuff.
Well that's what I'm not sure about. If it is just in SheHulk, I think it is fine. If his new series is less dark than the Netflix, that's also fine. But if it borders on flippant like the vibes I pick up here, I'll be disappointed. But there is no telling what will happen with the show like you say. I'll still be watching day one.

Daredevil’s character in the Netflix series had plenty of dry humor, and then of course Foggy with the comic relief. I don’t mind that. Just don’t Disney it up, Disney.

Daredevil’s character in the Netflix series had plenty of dry humor, and then of course Foggy with the comic relief. I don’t mind that. Just don’t Disney it up, Disney.
I think people are reading too much into this appearance on She-Hulk which is clearly a comedy - but even in that he still maintained a level of being above it, and as I mentioned earlier the bigger budget made his acrobatic moves more comics accurate.

Wilton Fisk/King Pin wasn’t comedic in Hawkeye - although the portrayal of the track suit mafia was a bit.

Yep, I enjoyed She Hulk overall and am fine with some fourth wall breaking, but the finale was a disaster.
Agreed. I really enjoyed it and didn’t mind the Deadpool talk to the fans stuff but the AI? My god Kevin Feige must have an ego the size of Texas. I’m sure there will be lots of praise for not being the same MCU, but it was really clunky and disjointed and honestly didn’t feel like a finale. I mean even at the Fast and Furious BBQ ending, WTF was the new Hulk’s son all about?

Yep, I enjoyed She Hulk overall and am fine with some fourth wall breaking, but the finale was a disaster.
Agreed. I really enjoyed it and didn’t mind the Deadpool talk to the fans stuff but the AI? My god Kevin Feige must have an ego the size of Texas. I’m sure there will be lots of praise for not being the same MCU, but it was really clunky and disjointed and honestly didn’t feel like a finale. I mean even at the Fast and Furious BBQ ending, WTF was the new Hulk’s son all about?
TL;DR version, he's the son of Bruce and Caiera. This all occurred on Sakaar, during Planet Hulk in the comics, and not sure if it happened during Ragnarock but my guess is it did and Bruce went to get Skaar during She-Hulk.

TL;DR version, he's the son of Bruce and Caiera. This all occurred on Sakaar, during Planet Hulk in the comics, and not sure if it happened during Ragnarock but my guess is it did and Bruce went to get Skaar during She-Hulk.
HTF is Skaar an adult already?

Users who are viewing this thread