What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Marvel Contest of Champions - Time Killer (1 Viewer)

I haven't played since mid-June.  The hard part I found was that unless you wanted to grid for the T4 cats, they were hard to come by.  It took me awhile to get any 4*s above 3/30.  I thought about starting over, but at this point I have too many units tied up on my account to shut it down.  I may pick it back up again just to use those up on crystals/skills.

@guitarmonkiy  MJ - did you ever get that 4* Thor? :lmao:
@Peak  We seriously could use you in FBG alliance for a one day only merc mission. You won't have to fight much, just help with energy. Request to join by about 12:30PM EST, hit us up on LINE app

Last edited by a moderator:
Question for FBGs alliance:  I noticed you finished the last AQ in 15th.  What was your total score ( and what is your starting prestige, if you know it )?

My current team finshed 73 in the same tier.  Trying to assess what we need to move up.

Thor is basically MJ's white whale.  No way any good is going to come of him actually landing a 4* Thor at this point.   

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you guys have a good war strategy resource?  I have been looking around online but most of the tips are from 10 months ago.  I figure it is faster to ask the experts than create something from scratch.

Also, I only have 8 four stars, but I have pulled two Thors in the last three months since returning.  Yeah he is good duped.

For real war strategy, you need a lot of options w/ Champ selection... but it seems like you don't have that.

Bring duped Thor on offense, he's awesome.  Pick 5 highly rated guys for D and try and find nodes that fit them if possible.

Our alliance has a member who looks at all the defensive champs our members want to bring and slot them into the best AW D spots.  Every alliance needs a Rome imo.

So...if I were to post my roster would someone be able to tell me the best teams to build for War Def, War attack and general combat?

Captain Marvel 5 Star  1/25  Not Awakened
 Black Bolt 4 Star  3/30  Not Awakened
 Spider-Man Symbiote 4 Star  3/30  Not Awakened
 Hulkbuster 4 Star  3/30  Not Awakened
 Iron Patriot 4 Star  3/30  Awakened
 Ultron 4 Star  4/40  Awakened
 Beast 4 Star  3/30  Not Awakened
 Magneto 4 Star  4/40  Awakened
 Magneto Marvel Now 4 Star  3/30  Not Awakened
 Storm 4 Star  3/30  Not Awakened
 Wolverine 4 Star  3/30  Not Awakened
 Old Man Logan 4 Star  1/1  Not Awakened
 Daredevil Netflix 4 Star  4/40  Awakened
 Moon Knight 4 Star  3/30  Not Awakened
 Abomination 4 Star  3/30  Not Awakened
 Captain America Wwii 4 Star  3/30  Not Awakened
 Electro 4 Star  4/40  Awakened
 Hulk 4 Star  3/30  Awakened
 Joe Fixit 4 Star  3/30  Awakened
 Luke Cage 4 Star  3/30  Awakened
 Shehulk 4 Star  3/30  Not Awakened
 Spider-Man 4 Star  3/30  Not Awakened
 Guillotine 4 Star  4/40  Not Awakened
 Magik 4 Star  3/30  Not Awakened
 Unstoppable Colossus 4 Star  3/30  Not Awakened

Interesting, my Ultron and Electro are my top 2 most powerful champs

They shouldn't be on offense?
If by powerful you mean that they have your highest PI rating then yes they are, but the truth is they make for much better war defenders than they do attackers.  

Your #1 goal should be to get Cap WW2 to 4/40.  He is a monster even un-awakened

If by powerful you mean that they have your highest PI rating then yes they are, but the truth is they make for much better war defenders than they do attackers.  

Your #1 goal should be to get Cap WW2 to 4/40.  He is a monster even un-awakened
Ok, until then still use him?

Ok, until then still use him?
Who else will you use?  There are no more 4/40 on your roster, and the other champs that are awakened are Hulk and Luke Cage.... no thanks.

My typical team is a mix of Cap WW2, Starlord, OG Daredevil, Dr. Strange. Scarlet Witch, and Crossbones.  The one that is constant in 100% of war attack phases is Cap.  He has good block proficiency (even un-awakened), great bleed on his L2, decent damage output, and stuns on his other specials.

Who else will you use?  There are no more 4/40 on your roster, and the other champs that are awakened are Hulk and Luke Cage.... no thanks.

My typical team is a mix of Cap WW2, Starlord, OG Daredevil, Dr. Strange. Scarlet Witch, and Crossbones.  The one that is constant in 100% of war attack phases is Cap.  He has good block proficiency (even un-awakened), great bleed on his L2, decent damage output, and stuns on his other specials.
Yeah. I hate my greenies. I use currently Joe Fix-It (Awakened), Hulk (awakened), Wolverine, She-Hulk and Abombination on Def as they all have synergies.

I'll have to try your recommendations.

Yeah. I hate my greenies. I use currently Joe Fix-It (Awakened), Hulk (awakened), Wolverine, She-Hulk and Abombination on Def as they all have synergies.

I'll have to try your recommendations.
Wolverine on the right node can be good, but you will want to have him awakened first.  The rest of those I would consider extremely easy to deal with except Abomination (awakened) on an enhanced poison node.  Synergies on AW defense do not make a tremendous difference.  It is far more important to have strong champs that are difficult to deal with.  Ultron on stun immune can be a pain and he hits too soft to be effective on offense.  You need to get in and out of the fights ASAP.  Electro on a number of nodes given that he will have boosted health/attack and deals passive shock damage on contact.  If you use Electro on offense you hope you never get hit and therefore waste his greatest asset.  

Captain Marvel 5 Star  1/25  Not Awakened
 Spider-Man Symbiote 4 Star  3/30  Not Awakened
 Iron Patriot 4 Star  3/30  Awakened
 Magneto Marvel Now 4 Star  3/30  Not Awakened
 Storm 4 Star  3/30  Not Awakened
 Wolverine 4 Star  3/30  Not Awakened
 Old Man Logan 4 Star  1/1  Not Awakened
 Moon Knight 4 Star  3/30  Not Awakened
 Abomination 4 Star  3/30  Not Awakened
 Hulk 4 Star  3/30  Awakened
 Joe Fixit 4 Star  3/30  Awakened
 Luke Cage 4 Star  3/30  Awakened
 Shehulk 4 Star  3/30  Not Awakened
 Spider-Man 4 Star  3/30  Not Awakened
 Guillotine 4 Star  4/40  Not Awakened
 Magik 4 Star  3/30  Not Awakened
 Unstoppable Colossus 4 Star  3/30  Not Awakened
AW D

AW O

My reason for bringing BB instead of Guillotine is he is poison immune which is helpful and Guillotine isn't that useful with the willpower nerf.

AW D

AW O

My reason for bringing BB instead of Guillotine is he is poison immune which is helpful and Guillotine isn't that useful with the willpower nerf.
So Dickies suggested this for D:

Ultron

Electro

Iron Patriot

Hulkbuster

Magneto

Why drop Iron Patriot for Beast? IP revive is a "beast", is it not?

Also, any specific nodes they should be on?

I debated subbing IP or Hulkbuster for Beast with the only reason being he is a newer champ and not as many people know how to fight against him (myself included).  IP has a good skill once awakened that can be troublesome on certain nodes.  As for BB vs Guillotine, I picked her because she hits hard, has strong bleed, very powerful specials, and is your last available 4/40.  If you need poison immune then consider BB, CM, or to a lesser extent Hulk, but honestly poison never seems to be a problem for me in AW

I debated subbing IP or Hulkbuster for Beast with the only reason being he is a newer champ and not as many people know how to fight against him (myself included).  IP has a good skill once awakened that can be troublesome on certain nodes.  As for BB vs Guillotine, I picked her because she hits hard, has strong bleed, very powerful specials, and is your last available 4/40.  If you need poison immune then consider BB, CM, or to a lesser extent Hulk, but honestly poison never seems to be a problem for me in AW
Ditto.

Beast is a ##### to fight, can you elaborate on the nodes to best utilize them on?

45 is good for IP

19 is pretty good for Magneto

No idea where to put Beast.  I don't have him in any form and don't know where he would be good

22, 34, 35, 41, 42 all work well for Electro

1, 18, 28, 40, 45, 52, 54, 55 are all good for Ultron

Dickies said:
This is why I subbed him in.

Harry, haven't played in a month or two, and probably won't be on much, but if you need someone in your alliance to occasionally check in and help out in AQ and AW shoot me an invite, KACISBACK.

Question for FBGs alliance:  I noticed you finished the last AQ in 15th.  What was your total score ( and what is your starting prestige, if you know it )?

My current team finshed 73 in the same tier.  Trying to assess what we need to move up.
You should join our line group. Much rather share top secret info in there  ;)

Harry, haven't played in a month or two, and probably won't be on much, but if you need someone in your alliance to occasionally check in and help out in AQ and AW shoot me an invite, KACISBACK.
This guy is a good fighter.  Just don't let him butt heads with anyone and he'll be a big asset.

He's also not due for another rage quit until November '17
To be fair the first quit wasn't a rage quit, it was more of a ghost quit.

I'll grant you my quitting the alliance was a rage quit, but the actual 2nd game quit a few days later was another ghost quit. Grinding like a monkey and winning T4CC is not worth being in an alliance LINE chat where for 2 days straight adult males are discussing who has the better Magic the Gathering deck.

To be fair the first quit wasn't a rage quit, it was more of a ghost quit.

I'll grant you my quitting the alliance was a rage quit, but the actual 2nd game quit a few days later was another ghost quit. Grinding like a monkey and winning T4CC is not worth being in an alliance LINE chat where for 2 days straight adult males are discussing who has the better Magic the Gathering deck.
So I gotta ask...

who did have the better deck?

Users who are viewing this thread