What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

MasterChef (1 Viewer)

Can't say I'm surprised. Kinda felt that was going to happen a few weeks in. No telling how much OT she put in when the cameras were off ;)

wonder if the stripper will get a nose job and go back to stripping now
My wife last night when Courtney admitted to working at a "gentleman's club"

"What?? She isn't that good looking why would men want to see that? :confused:

I replied.. "Men who go to a strip clubs stop looking up once they reach the shoulders" ;)

So, let me get this straight.......

An older guy that's been cooking for most of his life, and has been on this show for what, 5-6 months, including tons of 'pressure cooker's', in his biggest moment, puts salt instead of sugar into a recipe?

[cosby] Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight [/cosby]

Wonder how much he got paid to do that. Like the stripper with the heart of gold wasn't going to win this one over the #####y girl.

annnd another hells kitchen just started a couple weeks after the last one ended.. Ramsay is a MACHINE!!!!

Elizabeth was robbed.
Courtney didn't even plate a complete dessert. I guess Liz's slightly overcooked octopus and Joe's portion of slightly under cooked lamb was the difference.If I had to order from both menus, I'd order the octopus, duck, and grapefruit cake.

Wingnut said:
Elizabeth was robbed.
Courtney didn't even plate a complete dessert. I guess Liz's slightly overcooked octopus and Joe's portion of slightly under cooked lamb was the difference.If I had to order from both menus, I'd order the octopus, duck, and grapefruit cake.
There is no way I could ever order "pig's ears" Doesn't matter how much people would want to tell me how good it is.. When I see "Pig's Ears" I think of dog snacks and so you might as well put Alpo on the menu. :bye:

I thought Elizabeth was better most of the show but she served Joe a completely rare lamb. It was over right then. Shame but that was a pretty big mistake.

It would stand to reason that never being in a pressure test actually hurt her. She didn't manage her time well.

So my mom and I have been watching this on Tuesday's nights when the episodes from the last week become available online (household got rid of TV service). Last Tuesday night the latest episode on the site was episode 15 where Jaimee winds up going home in the end. Tonight I go to the site and episode 16, 17, 18, and the finale 19 have populated in the media library (all are locked at the moment though, including episode 16 :confused: ). At the top of the page is a big banner congratulating the winner. I guess having the episodes online is not to cater to people who might actually be online watching only, just those who might have missed some here and there. Sucks.

Last edited by a moderator:
So my mom and I have been watching this on Tuesday's nights when the episodes from the last week become available online (household got rid of TV service). Last Tuesday night the latest episode on the site was episode 15 where Jaimee winds up going home in the end. Tonight I go to the site and episode 16, 17, 18, and the finale 19 have populated in the media library (all are locked at the moment though, including episode 16 :confused: ). At the top of the page is a big banner congratulating the winner. I guess having the episodes online is not to cater to people who might actually be online watching only, just those who might have missed some here and there. Sucks.
:lmao:

So, let me get this straight.......

An older guy that's been cooking for most of his life, and has been on this show for what, 5-6 months, including tons of 'pressure cooker's', in his biggest moment, puts salt instead of sugar into a recipe?

[cosby] Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight [/cosby]

Wonder how much he got paid to do that. Like the stripper with the heart of gold wasn't going to win this one over the #####y girl.
My thoughts exactly. No way Leslie makes that mistake.

IMO across the three course dishes, Courtney deserved the win. It appeared that Joe talked Gordon into it at the end though. Ramsey hated Courtney's desert. But they all seamed to like her duck better and I think they liked her appetizer more too. I'm glad they didn't give it to Liz because her desert was better.

Your avatar looks familiar. Can't quite place it

annnd another hells kitchen just started a couple weeks after the last one ended.. Ramsay is a MACHINE!!!!
Hotel Hell is also mid season right now.
I saw him tweet recently that a new season of UK Kitchen Nightmares is in the can and is either just started airing in the UK or is about to. This guy cannot possibly sleep (or run his restaurants.)

I saw him tweet recently that a new season of UK Kitchen Nightmares is in the can and is either just started airing in the UK or is about to. This guy cannot possibly sleep (or run his restaurants.)
He's replaced James Brown as the hardest working man in show business.

He's replaced James Brown Seacrest as the hardest working man in show business.
Fixed

:lmao:
...Yeah.

It makes sense the site would reveal it. Media at wide noted it. I just had no idea that the reveal was so close-in broadcast wise. Went from Jaimee being sent home to knowing the winner. My mom doesn't know though so I'll keep playing them for her.

Your avatar looks familiar. Can't quite place it
I lurk here on occasion and have noticed yours :D

Does kinda suck that the only reason the stripper won was because first Leslie made a mistake, and then Elizabeth made a mistake.

Walking Boot said:
th3f00l said:
Evidence that producers rig the show to fit their narrative

http://i.imgur.com/38Tx47N.jpg
That doesn't really mean anything. The same disclaimer is at the end of Top Chef. And every other judging show. I think it's similarly worded at the end of Jeopardy. Of course they edit stuff out. Of course they consult the rulebook and think about decisions on a bigger scale than we see. Yeah, there's some "narrative" construction going on, but just as much of it happens in the editing room after the decisions are made: crafting the edit to fit the result, rather than picking the result and rigging the contest to get it. All that could mean is that in a tie they talk it over and think about previous episodes. Since Gordon Ramsey's a producer, any decision is made upon consulting with producers.
:goodposting:

There was one point that it was so obviously edited we looked at each other and said.. "Oops"

One of the cooks was just removing the main course from the oven and you heard "90 seconds left"..

They hadn't even started plating yet, just removed the main part from the oven and we are to believe they plated 3 plates in 90 seconds?? :lmao:

Was out at the bar watching the game last night and look over and recognize this dude, ended up being Cutter, way cool dude, and said I was the first person to recognize him out, was kind of surprising.

Walking Boot said:
th3f00l said:
Evidence that producers rig the show to fit their narrative

http://i.imgur.com/38Tx47N.jpg
That doesn't really mean anything. The same disclaimer is at the end of Top Chef. And every other judging show. I think it's similarly worded at the end of Jeopardy. Of course they edit stuff out. Of course they consult the rulebook and think about decisions on a bigger scale than we see. Yeah, there's some "narrative" construction going on, but just as much of it happens in the editing room after the decisions are made: crafting the edit to fit the result, rather than picking the result and rigging the contest to get it. All that could mean is that in a tie they talk it over and think about previous episodes. Since Gordon Ramsey's a producer, any decision is made upon consulting with producers.
:goodposting:

There was one point that it was so obviously edited we looked at each other and said.. "Oops"

One of the cooks was just removing the main course from the oven and you heard "90 seconds left"..

They hadn't even started plating yet, just removed the main part from the oven and we are to believe they plated 3 plates in 90 seconds?? :lmao:
I'm convinced that all the countdowns are heavily edited and the "hands in the air" stuff is staged.

th3f00l said:
:lmao: :lmao:
:goodposting: I loved watching the other two faces when Joe was babbling that nonsense...it was awesome. Yes, even though I knew the outcome, I watched it on Tivo with the wife. :bag:
Joe did this a couple of seasons ago, too. I forget with who, but he chose the good looking girl over the better cook. It may have been when Miss Delaware beat Adrian. But I'm not sure.

th3f00l said:
:lmao: :lmao:
:goodposting: I loved watching the other two faces when Joe was babbling that nonsense...it was awesome. Yes, even though I knew the outcome, I watched it on Tivo with the wife. :bag:
Joe did this a couple of seasons ago, too. I forget with who, but he chose the good looking girl over the better cook. It may have been when Miss Delaware beat Adrian. But I'm not sure.
Well, I mean, the guy looks like a turtle without his shell on. He probably thinks it's his only shot. Besides, you know, having a lot of money.

Just finally got around to finishing the finale. My god is Elizabeth full on psychotic. I'm sure it's mostly the editing, but the head/eye gestures, the comments - wow. At one second you staunchly defend your lamb as medium rare, the next you're telling Joe his is a little bit under? :whacko:

She didn't even move toward her fainted husband until Gordon doused him with water.

I'm glad she lost. She seems like a complete #####.

Courtney was focused, calculating and manipulative and played the game from the first episode. Kudos to her.

2 hours tonight. New judge I hear.
Thanks! I assume the DVR will pick it up anyways, but I had no clue it was starting.
Get a Dish hopper. That is what is the best about it. No DVR settings at all for prime-time shows. Always recorded. Definitely looking forward to it. Nothing on and my son and I like to watch shows before he goes to bed (middle school bus is at after 8am). We had to watch Hells Kitchen and man it was a steaming pile of crap. I like MasterChef so much better.

Glad they skipped then auditions again this season, although the face offs were almost the same thing...

Did anyone think Shelly (single black mom) WASNT gonna get one of the last spots? They telegraphed it early in the episode.

Last edited by a moderator:
Probably legitamatally psychotic: Stephen

Probably the most annoying: Tommy

Person I'd least likely hang out with: Amanda "I did this for all minorities" :rolleyes:

Loved watching the hillbilly who won the challenge last night assigning who got the "savory" basket and who got the pink-fringed "sweet" basket. Shockingly, pretty much every woman along with the gay guys got pink.

Users who are viewing this thread