What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Masters party (1 Viewer)

shadrap

Footballguy
Having 24 guys over on Saturday. Marinated steak, mushrooms, potatoes, & all the booze they want. Anyway, need a way to cook 24 potatoes. Years past I just bake & leave in in oven at low temp. Because guys eat at various times through the afternoon the potatoes are never just right. Thinking of using a large 3 gallon pot, put a steamer tray on bottom, 2 inches of water, pierce all potatoes, leave skin on, cook until done with lid on, & then turn burner to simmer. Guys then just remove lid & stab a potato & put on plate. Thoughts? Other ideas?

For something like that why not just go with mashed taters. Throw in a ton of garlic some cheese and that way they are done the same and easy to get.
And they can sit in a crock pot. We do this for Thanksgiving.

Make a lot of mashies.

Hope no one eats them all, and save them for their real purpose: tomorrow's home fries.

It's going to get rained out, though that shouldn't stop you. Stock up on the taters by Tito's instead, and be prepared for some kind of bets on the NCAA hockey final.

That means you got Quinnipiac to look forward to. Best of luck.

Kind of liking this idea. I can buy the mashed at Costco which is where I'm buying the steaks.

You provide them with the generous amount of alcohol you do on the golf course and I think people won't mind too much how the potatoes are cooked!

What was the Alaska hockey movie about the hometown team playing against the NHL team? Didnt the movie open with the guys putting hot potatoes in their skates?

Users who are viewing this thread