What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Matt Forte 12/1 vs. Vikings (1 Viewer)

bweiser

Footballguy
I haven't seen a thread on his injury status. Missed practice Wednesday.

It sounds like he will play but ...

Anyone know much about this type of injury and whether or not he can return this week?

Matt Forte (knee) did not practice Wednesday.
Forte "slightly" hyperextended his knee against the Rams last Sunday. He did some rehab work Tuesday and plans to play this week against the Vikings. It's a tasty matchup for Forte, who will be a top-three fantasy running back play for Week 13. His status will be updated again no later than Thursday. Nov 27 - 2:32 PM
Source: Jeff Dickerson on Twitter
Chicago Sun-Times: Running back Matt Forte, recovering from a hyperextended knee he suffered against the Rams last week, did not practice Wednesday but is expected to play Sunday against the Vikings.

‘‘I’m optimistic. I feel pretty good that he’ll start [practicing Thursday],” coach Marc Trestman said. “We’ll see where he’s at, but I’m optimistic about that.’’

Sounds like he will play but we may not know for sure until Sunday morning.

I have Forte, too, and been following his injury this week. I had Bush as a handcuff for a while butt dropped him a few weeks ago since he's looked so bad.

Do you guys think Bush would be the main replacement if Forte were to miss time? Just looking to go ahead and pick up his handcuff for the playoff run.

I have Forte, too, and been following his injury this week. I had Bush as a handcuff for a while butt dropped him a few weeks ago since he's looked so bad.

Do you guys think Bush would be the main replacement if Forte were to miss time? Just looking to go ahead and pick up his handcuff for the playoff run.
Yes,

Michael Ford would get a few carries but Bush would get the lion's share, including all goalline & all 4Q in a close game.

Yes,

Michael Ford would get a few carries but Bush would get the lion's share, including all goalline & all 4Q in a close game.
Does this mean bush is not a top priority handcuff anymore?

Yes,

Thanks. I think I will drop L Green to pick up Bush just as a handcuff for the playoffs. I have J Graham so doubt I'll ever be playing Green, only picked him up as a defensive move.

He tweeted the other day how good he felt after a therapy session. I'm pretty confident.

He'll play. Of course, there's always a chance he aggravates it and Forte hasn't exactly proven to be the most durable back in the past but you cannot sit that kind of upside.

Users who are viewing this thread