What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Matt Schaub (1 Viewer)

Resident A

Footballguy
The guy has been on fire w/ AJ in the lineup. And his stats are tempered a bit due to large leads in both games. We know the Colts will get a lead this week & force Houston to pass. I am encouraged by Schaub's high completion %, but worried none of his other WRs can get in the end zone.

I fear a 17 for 24, 180 yards & no TDs type of game.

What worries me is that AJ has about half of Schaub's passing stats so far. What happens when Jacoby Jones & Owen Daniels are his main targets? Will Green become a huge reception threat?

I had considered making Schaub my new starter, prior to the AJ injury news. Now I don't know what to expect.

Last edited by a moderator:
The guy has been on fire w/ AJ in the lineup. And his stats are tempered a bit due to large leads in both games. We know the Colts will get a lead this week & force Houston to pass. I am encouraged by Schaub's high completion %, but worried none of his other WRs can get in the end zone.I fear a 17 for 24, 180 yards & no TDs type of game.What worries me is that AJ has about half of Schaub's passing stats so far. What happens when Jacoby Jones & Owen Wilson are his main targets? Will Green become a huge reception threat?I had considered making Schaub my new starter, prior to the AJ injury news. Now I don't know what to expect.
Owen Wilson??? :wub:

Is this the same Colts defense that made the Saints look like a bottom dweller team? If so, I don't think Schaub has a chance this week.

Is this the same Colts defense that made the Saints look like a bottom dweller team? If so, I don't think Schaub has a chance this week.
It's also the same defense which gave up 184/1 to Vince Young, who can't pass and has little talent at WR. I think the floor for Schaub is 200 yards and 1 TD. I think Schaub is a MUCH better passer than Young. Not even close. If he's forced to throw it 35-40 times he could get 225 and 2 just due to the volume of pass attempts. It is best to temper the expectations for Schaub this week without Johnson but he does have talent and it wouldn't be a surprise (to me anyway) if he put up decent numbers - especially if the Texans are forced into catch-up mode.

The guy has been on fire w/ AJ in the lineup. And his stats are tempered a bit due to large leads in both games. We know the Colts will get a lead this week & force Houston to pass. I am encouraged by Schaub's high completion %, but worried none of his other WRs can get in the end zone.

I fear a 17 for 24, 180 yards & no TDs type of game.

What worries me is that AJ has about half of Schaub's passing stats so far. What happens when Jacoby Jones & Owen Wilson are his main targets? Will Green become a huge reception threat?

I had considered making Schaub my new starter, prior to the AJ injury news. Now I don't know what to expect.
That Hansel, he's so hot right now.Hansel.

As long as Jones, Walter, Mathis, and Davis just run the plays as designed and catch the ball, Schaub should have modest success. His numbers havent been based on great individual plays by Johnson as much as Kubiak calling the right plays and Schaub executing them flawlessly. I doubt he's in my top 12 this week, but he's a decent play if Rivers or Leinart is your #1.

You must have missed week 2.I don't think the Texans really have much of a shot without AJ but don't forget the Colts barely got past the Titans. I wouldn't start Schaub this week personally.

Users who are viewing this thread