What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Maybe the Cards and Fitz is Fake (1 Viewer)

CYP

Champion Truth Teller
Here is the link

Link

Now when you open that. You see the story. Then remove everything from the link so it is just this

The other link

Bogus story, bogus website.

Last edited by a moderator:
I clicked on the second link and the regular website comes up with the re-signing story in a great big box in the middle. Not sure why this is "fake."

I clicked on the second link and the regular website comes up with the re-signing story in a great big box in the middle. Not sure why this is "fake."
Yah, this doesn't look fake to me either. Maybe he got to the preview page, before it go published?

For me the second link "http://larry-fitzgerald.com/" comes up with Service Temporarily Unavailable

The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apache/1.3.33 Server at www.larry-fitzgerald.com Port 80

Thus making me think his site has been hacked or something but I could be totally wrong. Just seems very odd that its still not on the Arizona Cardinals website

I know people like instant information, but this story is what, an hour old (or less)? Maybe the Cards site is working on it and it is just not posted yet.

I know people like instant information, but this story is what, an hour old (or less)? Maybe the Cards site is working on it and it is just not posted yet.
ESPN? NFL? FOX? How in the world would you not have this information on your homesite with news as big as this? You would have this story ready to go just like Larry Did? How can Larry have it done but not the Cards? Seems very very fishy to me.

ESPN? NFL? FOX? How in the world would you not have this information on your homesite with news as big as this? You would have this story ready to go just like Larry Did? How can Larry have it done but not the Cards? Seems very very fishy to me.
Just heard on Sirius NFL that it is not official according to the Arizona Cardinals, but they are not denying that it is going to happen soon. They expect it to be made official this afternoon.

Cards, Fitzgerald close to deal

Kent Somers

The Arizona Republic

Mar. 11, 2008 09:28 AM

The Cardinals and receiver Larry Fitzgerald are close to agreeing on a contract extension, according to an NFL source.

The news was first reported on Fitzgerald's website, larry-fitzgerald.com, and confirmed through a league source.

Terms of the contract were not available, nor is the deal finalized, but barring an unforeseen snag an agreement should be announced later today.

The Cardinals have pursued the restructuring of Fitzgerald's contract for several months. He was due to make $14.6 million in salary this season, and his cap figure of $16.5 million gave the team little room under the NFL salary cap.

For me the second link "http://larry-fitzgerald.com/" comes up with Service Temporarily Unavailable

The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thus making me think his site has been hacked or something but I could be totally wrong. Just seems very odd that its still not on the Arizona Cardinals website
/geek onThe technical reason for this is "Some numbnuts doesn't know how to register their default web server in DNS properly". If you put in www.larry-fitzgerald.com, it works fine, they just didn't register their default location properly.

/geek off

/geek onThe technical reason for this is "Some numbnuts doesn't know how to register their default web server in DNS properly". If you put in www.larry-fitzgerald.com, it works fine, they just didn't register their default location properly.

/geek off
:eek:

/geek off
larry-fitzgerald.com is the site of his father. :eek:

Cards, Fitzgerald have new deal

Kent Somers

The Arizona Republic

Mar. 11, 2008 09:57 AM

The Cardinals and receiver Larry Fitzgerald have agreed to terms on a contract restructuring that is worth $40 million over four years, according to Fitzgerald's web site www.larry-fitzgerald.com.

Barring unforeseen snags, the deal should be officially announced later today, an NFL source confirmed.

Fitzgerald's web site reported that $30 million of the deal is guaranteed and that Fitzgerald will receive $17 million in 2008, likely through a combination of salary and bonuses.

The web site calls the deal a four-year extension, but it's unclear if the new deal replaces his existing contract or adds four years to it. Fitzgerald had two years remaining on his rookie deal.

The Cardinals have pursued the restructuring of Fitzgerald's contract for several months. He was due to make $14.6 million in salary this season, and his cap figure of $16.5 million gave the team little room under the NFL salary cap.

LINK

/geek off
larry-fitzgerald.com is the site of his father. :goodposting:
irrevelant for my discussion on the pure technical aspect. For all I know some anti-fan bought the domain and posted bogus crap. My only point is that the OPs reason for thinking it's a fake is untrue, but easy to see why a person who doesn't understand website back-ends would make that mistake.

Arizona Cardinal website

The contract saga of the Cardinals and Larry Fitzgerald ended Tuesday when the Pro Bowl wide receiver agreed to a new four-year contract worth a reported $40 million.

Not only do the Cards have Fitzgerald in place through the 2011 season, but now Arizona -- which reportedly only had a little more than $300,000 remaining in salary cap room – will gain almost $9 million in cap space.

The deal came at a good time, with Fitzgerald leaving on a vacation to Argentina and Brazil Tuesday afternoon. Fitzgerald actually signed the contract while at the airport.

Users who are viewing this thread