What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

MBSL2 Commentary Thread (2 Viewers)

Going forward, when you time out you'll be assigned a player based on FS rankings. You are not allowed to change that pick.
Why can't you make a replacement pick (obviously from the currently available player pool)?

What type of butterfly effect would this cause?
What if the guy after you wanted the autopick you replaced? I could see an argument for simply skipping a pick and allowing folks to make it up later, but replacing autopicks can be messy.

In this case, it was pretty obvious you were actively trying to pick as time expired, and posted immediately, but this draft moves too quickly for it to be so neat every time.
Somebody wanted the Chiefs defense?

Of course we should be just skipping the pick! Maybe that's not possible.

MBSL RULES:

If you miss you selection, you can make it at any time, first come, first serve on who's left.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is the not a MBSL?
It is, but I don't think we've done one this way before (with a 2 hour clock). Previous iterations always skipped the pick, but with so much predrafting and the rapid pace, the autopick was chosen and announced before this specific draft started. (SEE POST ONE OF THIS THREAD)

Either way, you got your guy.

Is the not a MBSL?
It is, but I don't think we've done one this way before (with a 2 hour clock). Previous iterations always skipped the pick, but with so much predrafting and the rapid pace, the autopick was chosen and announced before this specific draft started. (SEE POST ONE OF THIS THREAD)

Sorry I didn't update the rules that were pinned. I did mention it in this thread.

I've been working two jobs without a day off from either for last 10 days and rehabbing a home during my off hours. I'm just not around enough to do replacement picks.

Is the not a MBSL?

Sorry I didn't update the rules that were pinned. I did mention it in this thread.

I've been working two jobs without a day off from either for last 10 days and rehabbing a home during my off hours. I'm just not around enough to do replacement picks.
I apologize if I came of as accusatory Bass. I really appreciate the time you spend with these!

I never caught the mentioning of it in the first post of this thread, and assumed the status quo. I too have been getting slammed at work, particularly from 2pm-5pm.

Sorry to have stirred the pot!

Is the not a MBSL?

I apologize if I came of as accusatory Bass. I really appreciate the time you spend with these!

I never caught the mentioning of it in the first post of this thread, and assumed the status quo. I too have been getting slammed at work, particularly from 2pm-5pm.

Sorry to have stirred the pot!
I didn't take it that way. These leagues are a lot more informal than most. I probably should update the pinned rules more often. That said, things generally run smooth now and we have a lot less drama than we did in the early years.

Luck (10)

Romo (11)

Lacy (9)

Ellington (4)

JonesDrew (5)

Hilton (10)

Jennings (10)

Douglas (9)

Jones (5)

Witten (11)

Rams (4)

As expected, struggling at WR. Simply too much value dropped at RB and QB to justify a 2-3 round reach at WR. Planning on 1 D to hopefully compensate a bit.

Sorry guys ... just a heads-up as I had to override my 15th-round auto-draft ... since I wasn't supposed to have a 15th-round auto-draft list ... for some reason reorganizing / clearing out pre-draft lists on MFL only seems to work about half the time from my phone ... :rant:

Probably won't matter as it's back to me in 3 picks anyway, but better safe than sorry.

The site is all screwy. I took TB DST and Hillman at the turn and neither is showing up on the draft report. It still says it's my turn to draft but they're both on my roster and gone from the player pool. :confused:

The site is all screwy. I took TB DST and Hillman at the turn and neither is showing up on the draft report. It still says it's my turn to draft but they're both on my roster and gone from the player pool. :confused:
Now Hillman (my 16.01 pick) is showing at 15.16 and TB DST is missing. Not sure how to fix this.

Odd becuase it shows TB Def on your roster, so we probably just need to skip your pick and have someone go back in and edit to show TB Def at 16.01.

Odd becuase it shows TB Def on your roster, so we probably just need to skip your pick and have someone go back in and edit to show TB Def at 16.01.
If it's late August, it must be time for MFL to start creaking under the load ...

I was already logged in as commish and you're right - TBB D is on his roster but not on the draft list - just bizarre. So for now I input a placeholder pick for Shadowfax. I guess someone can take him off his roster after the draft is finished.

I don't even see the Live Draft Room option on the sight for me. It should be under the Owners menu, right?

Mr. Irrelevant said:
Duckboy said:
If it's late August, it must be time for MFL to start creaking under the load ...

I was already logged in as commish and you're right - TBB D is on his roster but not on the draft list - just bizarre. So for now I input a placeholder pick for Shadowfax. I guess someone can take him off his roster after the draft is finished.
I couldn't make my 18.01 pick because the placeholder had me at 18 players and my 18.01 pick would have been my 19th player. So I changed the 16.01 placeholder to my 18.01 pick of PK Caleb Sturgis and then skipped my 18.01 pick to keep the draft moving. My roster seems ok but this has been quite cluster####.

Drew Brees NO 6

Carson Palmer ARI 4

DeMarco Murray DAL 11

C.J. Spiller BUF 9

Khiry Robinson NO 6

James White NE 10

Cordarrelle Patterson MIN 10

Justin Hunter TEN 9

Dwayne Bowe KC 6

Jordan Matthews PHI 7

Odell Beckham NYG 8

Allen Hurns JAC 11

Jordan Reed WAS 10

Jace Amaro NYJ 11

Alex Henery PHI 7

Josh Brown NYG 8

Pittsburgh Steelers 12

Green Bay Packers 9

- No big bye week issues, that is a plus.

- I like my QB's and RB's.

- My WR's are ok, not great but just ok.

- I like my TE's they should be good.

- It sounds like Henery could possibly be released. Teaches me for not paying attention to the PK's.

- How far my team goes will depend on my WR's, I have a lot of youth at that position and the one veteran I do have is suspended for game one. So if the young WR's play well I should go far if not then I'm doomed.

6.03 Colin Kapernick, QB SF - QB10 [8]
7.14 Andy Dalton, QB CIN - QB18 [4]

I've been pleased with the results of waiting on QB this year and this duo is no exception. Kaep is pretty interchangeable with a few QBs below him, but being so close to the turn I had no choice but to pounce. Thrilled to land Dalton on the way back, QB18 is absurd - yeah he'll regress, but he could put up last year's Alex Smith numbers and still deliver value at this ADP.

2.03 Montee Ball, RB DEN - RB8 [4]
5.14 Bishop Sankey, RB TEN - RB28 [9]
8.03 Carlos Hyde, RB SF - RB36 [8]
12.03 Lance Dunbar, RB DAL - RB53 [11]
13.14 Roy Helu, RB WAS - RB60 [10]

My 5 RBs have a combined 6 years of NFL experience so, yeah, this is a high-risk group. Ball will get his and then some in Manning's offense. I feel Sankey's being consistently undervalued as the Titans' O should benefit from a healthy Locker and emerging Hunter, plus 10 games against the turnstiles of the AFC South / NFC East. Hyde and Dunbar will see touches regardless, and their paths to big-time impact run through a 31-year-old and a guy who's missed 11 games in 3 seasons respectively. Helu seems to end up on my roster in nearly every PPR draft on FBG and elsewhere - he could get 50+ grabs in this year's Skins offense.

3.14 Percy Harvin, WR SEA - WR18 [4]
4.03 Michael Crabtree, WR SF - WR20 [8]
9.14 Brian Hartline, WR MIA - WR53 [5]
10.03 Markus Wheaton, WR PIT - WR55 [12]
11.14 Marqise Lee, WR JAX - WR67 [11]
16.03 Marlon Brown, WR BAL - WR84 [11]

Bass joked in the MBSL1 thread that he's acquired Harvin so much he should be his agent, and I'm not far behind him ... really believe he's in line for a monster season. Between Kaep, Hyde, and Crabtree I've got a lot of eggs in the 49er basket, but I think their D will disappoint to the downside in '14 and they'll have no choice but to open up their offense. Hartline will put up the same consistent 70/900/4 he always does. After that it's a bunch of rookie and second-year guys with upside potential. If each of them can count just two weeks for me I should be in good shape.

1.14 Rob Gronkowski, TE NE - TE3 [10]
14.03 Mychal Rivera, TE OAK - TE29 [5]

Not much to say about Gronk other than that the fate of my entire team rests on his shoulders, especially since I doubled down on my bet by passing on a slew of middling backups in the mid-rounds - if Gronk goes down, nothing short of a Cameron-like breakout season from my TE2 is going to save me, and at least Rivera has some chance of that while JAGs like Cook and Fleener have none.

15.14 Greg Zuerlein, K STL - K15 [4]
17.14 Giants, DST NYG - D25 [8]
18.03 Titans, DST TEN - D26 [9]

Special teams choices were my usual for these 18-man survivors ... a solo kicker with a firm hold on the job (early bye preferable) and any two defenses left at the tail end of the draft (since D/ST scoring is so random). This crew won't make or break my squad.

Overall: I love drafting "boom/bust" players in best-ball leagues, but yeah, I think I may have overdone it this time. Basically got no high floor / low ceiling guys at all except for Hartline and maybe Helu, my first 3 picks could conceivably all finish top-3 at their positions or could all miss the top 20, and my bottom-half picks will put up more than their share of zeroes. But what the hell, there's no prizes for finishing "slightly above average" in these survivors, so might as well go for broke, y'know?

DC has to be a bit irritated today. Great week, too bad he was booted last week.

Too early to tell, but I like this week in this league. Lost Charles in too many others.

I'll have to cheer against Paul Richardson tonight. :unsure:

With AlfMo and Baldwin almost guaranteed to count, think I'm okay, but it's tight.

Users who are viewing this thread