What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

MBSL2 Discussion Thread (2 Viewers)

apologies to renesauz, trr, and shadowmaster for chimming in when it wasn't my fight...may not have had all the facts and should have stayed out of it....carry on and good luck.... :banned:

Ref, trr, rene have the password to make Phenix pick when he posts it here.
Phenix posted his Two makeup picks in the MFL thread. Fix these asap before we get to far in the draft.
I went in as commish and gave Phenix Vinny and Tynes....Tynes was next ranked guy on board...I don't know who eaglezz would have taken had Bironas been gone....thought I should at least just give Phenix another PK before we got too far along....eaglzz may agree to just swap or pick someone else...I don't know....I'm willing to give up my next PK if I need too if it helps...

Ref, trr, rene have the password to make Phenix pick when he posts it here.
Phenix posted his Two makeup picks in the MFL thread. Fix these asap before we get to far in the draft.
I went in as commish and gave Phenix Vinny and Tynes....Tynes was next ranked guy on board...I don't know who eaglezz would have taken had Bironas been gone....thought I should at least just give Phenix another PK before we got too far along....eaglzz may agree to just swap or pick someone else...I don't know....I'm willing to give up my next PK if I need too if it helps...
Thanks Ref for taking care of that. :thumbup:

Jeezus H Ceeeerizzzzzt Ladies

stop apologizing and just pick.

For those of you keeping score at home, I found out that at the Beer Tent I made a comment on how fine a chicks behind looked in very graphic detail to one my fellow owners in the league and he looked at me and said....

Thats my wife.

-silence-

Then I said, don't buy a lotto ticket cuz you used up your luck. Much laughter ensued.

Same thing here ladies. Pour another cold one and lets move one.

Peace

Jeezus H Ceeeerizzzzzt Ladiesstop apologizing and just pick.For those of you keeping score at home, I found out that at the Beer Tent I made a comment on how fine a chicks behind looked in very graphic detail to one my fellow owners in the league and he looked at me and said....Thats my wife.-silence-Then I said, don't buy a lotto ticket cuz you used up your luck. Much laughter ensued.Same thing here ladies. Pour another cold one and lets move one.Peace
you and beer don't seem to work out so well

Cutler, Jay CHI QB - 6

Stafford, Matthew DET QB 5

Blount, LeGarrette TBB RB 5

Gore, Frank SFO RB - 9

Rainey, Chris PIT RB - 4

Turner, Michael ATL RB - 7

Avant, Jason PHI WR - 7

Boldin, Anquan BAL WR - 8

Colston, Marques NOS WR 6

Crabtree, Michael SFO WR 9

Driver, Donald GBP WR - 10

Welker, Wes NEP WR - 9

Davis, Kellen CHI TE - 6

Miller, Heath PIT TE (P) 4

Nugent, Mike CIN PK - 8

Suisham, Shaun PIT PK - 4

49ers, San Francisco SFO Def 9

Steelers, Pittsburgh PIT Def 4

this is the first time I've ever grabbed a decent QB2 after going for a Stud QB in the first. We'll see how that works out. My RBs and TEs are weak as a result. Good WRs. Also the first time I've gone DST1 and DST2 ahead of the DST run. We'll see if (hopefully) powerhouse QB #s can overcome possibly dicey RB and TE numbers. I like this team pretty well.

Ok, draft as over. I appreciate the comments earlier about my strong start but it went very quickly downhill.

Gabbert, Blaine JAC QB

Griffin III, Robert WAS QB

I took Griffin as a mid upside QB. Biggest problem was I waited way too long to take his backup and ended up getting on the wrong side of too many QB runs. I wanted nothing to do with Gabbert, but who I thought about had the same bye week as Griffin. This looks uglier the longer I look at it

Jackson, Steven STL RB

Leshoure, Mikel DET RB (S)

Martin, Doug TBB RB

Mathews, Ryan SDC RB (O)

Very thin group of RBs, but could be very strong depending on health. I like Leshoure in the 10th and see nothing but upside from him. If they get hit with injuries or Mathews doesn't come back as soon as expected, this group takes a big hit.

Brown, Vincent SDC WR (O)

Floyd, Malcom SDC WR

Gordon, Josh CLE WR

Heyward-Bey, Darrius OAK WR

LaFell, Brandon CAR WR

Washington, Nate TEN WR

Ok group but not real strong. Plenty of upside here if they hit but a lot of question marks at the same time. Thankfully I don't have to pick my starters every week because it would be a real headache. Brown was a late round flier with the injury but he could be big for me later in the season if I am still alive.

Hernandez, Aaron NEP TE

Pitta, Dennis BAL TE (P)

Probably took Hernandez too early, but I was going to make sure I didn't get on the wrong side of TE runs like I did in the Anarchy leagues. Pitta was a later flier who hopefully I never have to use other than Hernandez bye.

Bullock, Randy HOU PK (I)

Crosby, Mason GBP PK

Screwed up and took an injured Kicker, but WTH, they are only Kickers

Chargers, San Diego SDC Def

Rams, St. Louis STL Def

Defenses are well, Defenses. (Sorry, I am from the IDP school :football: )

QB - Romo 5, Bradford 9

RB - Lynch 11, Benson 10, Williams 6, Pead 9

WR - Green 8, Decker 7, Hester 6, Owens 1-17, Quick 9, Simpson 1/2/3/11, Streater 5, Murphy 6, Hester 6

TE - Graham 6, Tamme 7

D - Bills 8

K - Bryant 7

Yuck. While Tamme was a huge value, selcting him put me behind the curve at WR. Compound this by taking Bradford. Once I finally decided to fix the position, I took Simpson for his upside figuring I draft an extra WR to cover all the time he's missing. Owens ended up on a pre-draft list and I got him and then he gets cut less than 24 hr later. That threw me into a tailspin and I jsut starting flailing away wildly...Quick/Streater/Hester/Murphy. Given that it's best ball I might be alright.

QB - Slightly below average QB1 and average QB2. C-

RB - Average RB1, above average at RB 2/3, Pead should get some weekly points. C+

WR - After great expense, C-

TE - Best in the league. A+

D - One that should be decent. D

K - One ok kicker. F-

I might get lucky and hang around until middle of the season, but more likely I get eliminated early. Biggest goal is not be be eliminate in week 1 for the first time ever.

QB - Romo 5, Bradford 9

RB - Lynch 11, Benson 10, Williams 6, Pead 9

WR - Green 8, Decker 7, Hester 6, Owens 1-17, Quick 9, Simpson 1/2/3/11, Streater 5, Murphy 6, Hester 6

TE - Graham 6, Tamme 7

D - Bills 8

K - Bryant 7

Yuck. While Tamme was a huge value, selcting him put me behind the curve at WR. Compound this by taking Bradford. Once I finally decided to fix the position, I took Simpson for his upside figuring I draft an extra WR to cover all the time he's missing. Owens ended up on a pre-draft list and I got him and then he gets cut less than 24 hr later. That threw me into a tailspin and I jsut starting flailing away wildly...Quick/Streater/Hester/Murphy. Given that it's best ball I might be alright.

QB - Slightly below average QB1 and average QB2. C-

RB - Average RB1, above average at RB 2/3, Pead should get some weekly points. C+

WR - After great expense, C-

TE - Best in the league. A+

D - One that should be decent. D

K - One ok kicker. F-

I might get lucky and hang around until middle of the season, but more likely I get eliminated early. Biggest goal is not be be eliminate in week 1 for the first time ever.
:lmao:

Ryan, Matt ATL QB 7

Wilson, Russell SEA QB 11

Jennings, Rashad JAC RB 6

McGahee, Willis DEN RB 7

Powell, Bilal NYJ RB 9

Royster, Evan WAS RB 10

Woodhead, Danny NEP RB 9

Blackmon, Justin JAC WR 6

Bowe, Dwayne KCC WR 7

Bryant, Dez DAL WR 5

Jones, James GBP WR 10

Moore, Lance NOS WR 6

Gronkowski, Rob NEP TE 9

Moeaki, Tony KCC TE 7

Akers, David SFO PK 9

Hauschka, Steven SEA PK 11

Patriots, New England NEP Def 9

Saints, New Orleans NOS Def 6

uhhh...let's see...this was one of what seemed like about 80 drafts I had going on at the same time.....my head was spinning trying to remember the PPR vs. non-PPR difference for RB in the surviviors and the anarchy leagues....not to mention all the other drafts I was in....I would click on a draft and start having mini seizures as I tried to figure out what the #### I was doing and what my strategy was supposed to be in each....do the ####### RB's get a point or not for catching the ball and am I drafting TMQB's or actual dudes...think I predrafted more in this league and Anarchy 10 more than any other leagues have been in and I hate pre drafting....

kinda like my QB dou...hope Wilson is the real deal....not sure wtf I have going on at RB but I guess it will work....how the #### did Powell and Woodhead end up on my roster...I haven't drafted them in ANY of these mofo's....only 5 WR's but they all have different bye weeks....so that's a plus....and a few of them are hard core bad ### muthas...Gronk should be solid and hopefully Moeaki contributes....I think took Akers in like the 4th round so I guess I'm pretty high on him this year....

now I get to go spend a couple days uploading rosters in the Stinkin Ref PDSL 24 man roster survivior league....that should be a lot of ####### fun....

good luck.... :banned:

Manning, Peyton DEN QB - 7

Weeden, Brandon CLE QB - 10

I'm a big believer that good QBs are the ones who make solid reads. Payton still does this better than most and he is a steal in the 5th. Weeden should throw alot playing from behind and should give me some garbage time points - but it all really rests with Manning.

Jackson, Fred BUF RB - 8

Mendenhall, Rashard PIT RB (D) - 4

Redman, Isaac PIT RB (P) - 4

Wilson, David NYG RB - 11

This feels like my weak point. Jackson is a solid 3 down back, and the PIT monopoly should keep me with a fair 2nd score on a consistant basis. If Wilson takes over in NY (like I expect), this group gets much stronger.

Johnson, Calvin DET WR (P) - 5

Moss, Randy SFO WR - 9

Moss, Santana WAS WR - 10

Nelson, David BUF WR (P) - 8

White, Roddy ATL WR - 7

Here is my team strength. Love my top 2 in Megatron and White. I have a deep threat in Randy and a PPR threat in Santana. I also like Nelson to improve in year 3 and be a steady contributor.

Clark, Dallas TBB TE - 5

Gonzalez, Tony ATL TE - 7

2 guys who probably end up in Canton one day - old but reliable. Tony feels like a steal in the 4th.

Kasay, John UNEMPLOYED! - 6

Prater, Matt DEN PK - 7

So much for bye week coverage

Browns, Cleveland CLE Def - 10

Cowboys, Dallas DAL Def - 5

Vikings, Minnesota MIN Def - 11

More risk that I usually run with, but I'm banking on solid vets vs. up and comers. No bye week issues! I feel pretty good about my chances to go deep with this group.

Last edited by a moderator:
Flacco, Joe BAL (8), Smith, Alex SFO (9)

Bush, Reggie MIA (7), Hillman, Ronnie DEN RB, McFadden, Darren OAK RB (5), Turbin, Robert SEA RB (11),

Baldwin, Doug SEA WR (11), Hartline, Brian MIA WR (7), Jeffery, Alshon CHI WR (6), Johnson, Andre HOU WR (8), Smith, Steve CAR WR (6), Thomas, Demaryius DEN WR (7)

Housler, Robert ARI TE (10), Olsen, Greg CAR TE (6)

Hanson, Jason DET PK (5), Henery, Alex PHI PK (7)

Raiders, Oakland OAK Def (5), Seahawks, Seattle SEA Def

I like, but don't love my team. Flacco and SMith should be fine together, but they won't give me any kind of advantage. As long as McFadden stays healthy, I should be in good shape at RB, but I don't have much behind him and Bush. WRs are a real strength of this team I think, with arguably the best top three in the league in Andre/S. Smith/Dem. Thomas. I think Olsen is greatly under-rated at TE right now, and I believe he'll provide average TE1 numbers at a TE2 pricetag. Housler is all upside and prayer. Two safe kickers on great offenses should actually provide a minor (if unreliable)advantage

Palmer, Carson OAK QB - 5

Roethlisberger, Ben PIT QB - 4

Happy with this combo. Depends on if I am right that Palmer will be more than just fine when the games matter. I view him a lot higher than most it seems. Big Ben will put up points with the o-line and the receivers.

Charles, Jamaal KCC RB (P) - 7

Forte, Matt CHI RB - 6

Hardesty, Montario CLE RB (P) - 10

Jones, Felix DAL RB - 5

Tate, Ben HOU RB - 8

ahhh Forte and Charles how my entire fantasy season rests with you two. I also like the potential with the backups.

Harvin, Percy MIN WR - 11

Johnson, Steve BUF WR (P) - 8

Ogletree, Kevin DAL WR - 5

Robinson, Laurent JAC WR - 6

Royal, Eddie SDC WR (P) - 7

Did you forget that you start 3 in this league not 2 like the rest of your drafts? Looks like it. I should be fine with the top two and just hoping I hit on a third. Probably should have went 4 and 6 instead of five and five.

Dickson, Ed BAL TE (P) - 8

Keller, Dustin NYJ TE (Q) - 9

hey whatever i punted the te position. I like Keller though but probably not enough here.

Carpenter, Dan MIA PK - 7

Graham, Shayne HOU PK - 8

Falcons, Atlanta ATL Def - 7

Packers, Green Bay GBP Def - 10

whatever happy enough with this group

Phillip River SD QB (7)

Josh Freeman TB QB (5)

I like this combo. I think Josh Freeman will have a bounce back year and getting Vincent Jackson at WR will help.

Arian Foster HOU RB (8)

Roy Helu WAS RB (10)

Daniel Thomas MIA RB(7)

Taiwan Jones OAK RB (5)

I obviously love having Arian Foster on my team but not much else after him. I just have to hope that the other 3 RB's take turns getting me a few points each week.

Hakeem Nicks NYG WR (11)

Greg Jennings GB WR (10)

Mike Williams TB WR (5)

Emmanuel Sanders PIT WR (4)

Steve Breaston KC WR (7)

Michael Floyd ARI WR (10)

I like my top 3 WR's, I think I am good there. Not totally thrilled with my backup WR's but hopefully they can get me a good score when I need them during the bye weeks.

Jason Witten DAL TE (5)

Owen Daniels HOU TE (8)

I couldn't pass up on Jason Witten for where I got him at. He should only miss one week at most and he still might be available for week 1. I really didn't want to draft my second TE as early and wanted to spend that pick on a second RB or my 3rd WR but with Witten possibly missing week 1 I had to have another good TE cover for him. Between the two I should get a very good TE score each week.

Nate Kaeding SD PK (7)

Sebastian Janikowski OAK PK (5)

They are two kicker with different bye weeks.

Denver Broncos D/ST (7)

Tennessee Titans D/ST (11)

I got two decent D/ST's I should get a decent score eatch week.

I liked the start to my draft, but the middle too late rounds of my draft just don't excite me. Being on the ends I kept missing out on RB and WR runs.

Last edited by a moderator:
PREKICKOFF ANALYSIS

Manning, Peyton DEN QB-7

Weeden, Brandon CLE QB-10

I like Peyton on his revenge tour. Weeden in garbage time may generate some points.

Jackson, Fred BUF RB-8

Mendenhall, Rashard PIT RB (Q)-4

Redman, Isaac PIT RB (Q)-4

Wilson, David NYG RB-11

I'm a big Jackson fan this year. Sucks I don't have a Steeler starter nailed down. I'm ready for Wilson to start his claim stake to the starting job tonight!

Johnson, Calvin DET WR (P)-5

Moss, Randy SFO WR-9

Moss, Santana WAS WR-10

Nelson, David BUF WR (P)-8

White, Roddy ATL WR-7

Loving this group to contribute 3 solid scores all year.

Clark, Dallas TBB TE-5

Gonzalez, Tony ATL TE-7

Old men to the rescue! Lots of catches here.

Kasay, John FA* PK--

Prater, Matt DEN PK-7

Browns, Cleveland CLE Def-10

Cowboys, Dallas DAL Def-5

Vikings, Minnesota MIN Def-11

One lone kicker is a disappointment, but a survivable error.

Looking forward to watching it all play out! :football:

Palmer, Carson OAK QB - 5

Roethlisberger, Ben PIT QB - 4

Happy with this combo. Depends on if I am right that Palmer will be more than just fine when the games matter. I view him a lot higher than most it seems. Big Ben will put up points with the o-line and the receivers.

Charles, Jamaal KCC RB (P) - 7

Forte, Matt CHI RB - 6

Hardesty, Montario CLE RB (P) - 10

Jones, Felix DAL RB - 5

Tate, Ben HOU RB - 8

ahhh Forte and Charles how my entire fantasy season rests with you two. I also like the potential with the backups.

Harvin, Percy MIN WR - 11

Johnson, Steve BUF WR (P) - 8

Ogletree, Kevin DAL WR - 5

Robinson, Laurent JAC WR - 6

Royal, Eddie SDC WR (P) - 7

Did you forget that you start 3 in this league not 2 like the rest of your drafts? Looks like it. I should be fine with the top two and just hoping I hit on a third. Probably should have went 4 and 6 instead of five and five.

Dickson, Ed BAL TE (P) - 8

Keller, Dustin NYJ TE (Q) - 9

hey whatever i punted the te position. I like Keller though but probably not enough here.

Carpenter, Dan MIA PK - 7

Graham, Shayne HOU PK - 8

Falcons, Atlanta ATL Def - 7

Packers, Green Bay GBP Def - 10

whatever happy enough with this group
I might have a number 3 :excited:

Users who are viewing this thread