What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Meachem inactive (1 Viewer)

hephner

Footballguy
Well I guess he's not close to getting that WR2 role after all.

From Rotoworld:

Robert Meachem-WR- Saints Sep. 7 - 11:51 am et

Saints declared WR Robert Meachem, RB Aaron Stecker, LB Mark Simoneau, CB Usama Young, DT Hollis Thomas, LB Troy Evans and T Jermon Bushrod inactive for Week 1 against the Bucs.

So much for Meachem taking on a big role, at least early on. David Patten is the Saints' third receiver. With Stecker out, Deuce McAllister and Pierre Thomas will split the non-Reggie Bush carries.

Colston and Henderson are the starters. Patten is #3, Lance Moore is the #4.
wow, Henderson?Patten should still see more looks than Henderson out of the slot, right? Henderson is still mostly just a deep threat who will pretty much only run fly routes.

The rumor had been that Meachem could be passing two or three of those receivers on the depth chart between Patten, Henderson, and Moore, and may eventually challenge for the starting role this year. Looks like he's got a longer road to that than we thought.

As for the depth chart, FBG has Patten as the starter, although it also shows Meachem as WR3, and Henderson as WR4. I'm sure both Patten and Henderson will get a lot of work today, so we'll see who's considered the true #2.

The rumor had been that Meachem could be passing two or three of those receivers on the depth chart between Patten, Henderson, and Moore, and may eventually challenge for the starting role this year. Looks like he's got a longer road to that than we thought.As for the depth chart, FBG has Patten as the starter, although it also shows Meachem as WR3, and Henderson as WR4. I'm sure both Patten and Henderson will get a lot of work today, so we'll see who's considered the true #2.
Realistically, it doesn't matter who is designated as the 2/3/4 because they will all get fairly equal playing time. However, Henderson has been the #2 WR on the team's official depth chart since the beginning of TC.Henderson does present a significant matchup problem for the Bucs secondary, because his speed allows him split the safeties in a cover-2. He's had several long plays against the Bucs in the last couple years.

The rumor had been that Meachem could be passing two or three of those receivers on the depth chart between Patten, Henderson, and Moore, and may eventually challenge for the starting role this year. Looks like he's got a longer road to that than we thought.As for the depth chart, FBG has Patten as the starter, although it also shows Meachem as WR3, and Henderson as WR4. I'm sure both Patten and Henderson will get a lot of work today, so we'll see who's considered the true #2.
Realistically, it doesn't matter who is designated as the 2/3/4 because they will all get fairly equal playing time. However, Henderson has been the #2 WR on the team's official depth chart since the beginning of TC.Henderson does present a significant matchup problem for the Bucs secondary, because his speed allows him split the safeties in a cover-2. He's had several long plays against the Bucs in the last couple years.
Meachem on the inactive list doesn't sound like fairly equal playing time too me.

I told people last year that this guy had bust written all over him when he made the statement 'I'm cashing in' when asked why he was declaring early.

I reiterate: B-U-S-T.

If you can't even get on the sidelines as a 2nd year 1st rd. draft pick, you really suck. If you can't take a spot from Henderson...you totally suck.

Users who are viewing this thread