What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Mendenhall activated from PUP (1 Viewer)

Unlucky

Phenom
Linky: http://www.steelers.com/news/article-1/Steelers-Activate-Casey-Hampton-and-Rashard-Mendenhall-From-PUP-List/4e011fb5-e6c4-44fe-a6c4-7f02055748c5

The Steelers activated veteran nose tackle Casey Hampton and veteran running back Rashard Mendenhall from the PUP (Physically Unable to Perform) List, the team announced today.

Hampton is in his 12th season with the Steelers and has played in 157 career games with 146 career starts. A five-time Pro Bowl selection, Hampton was recovering from a knee injury in the offseason.

Mendenhall is in his fifth year with the Steelers after originally being the team’s first-round pick in the 2008 NFL Draft. Mendenhall has two 1,000-yard rushing seasons and has amassed 3,367 yards rushing in his first four years. He was recovering from a knee injury that he suffered in the 2011 regular-season finale at Cleveland.
So, maybe he'll be back starting partway into the season. It feels like many have written him off for whole season, myself included.

Very encouraging news. Jeff Pasquino picked him up the other night in like round 18 or something in one of my leagues, certainly he got "value"

-Don't ask, it's one of those leagues where we think we know better than everyone else.

He makes a nice late flyer, might be moving up the boards a bit with this news.

My guess is that he was borderline for the PUP for weeks now and they figured they might as well see where he's really at since (I'm guessing) that Redman is probably headed to IR>

This is odd giving he's in a contract year, I thought he would take his time to come back. I'm not sure what to think initially As of what this does for his value :loco:

Linky: http://www.steelers.com/news/article-1/Steelers-Activate-Casey-Hampton-and-Rashard-Mendenhall-From-PUP-List/4e011fb5-e6c4-44fe-a6c4-7f02055748c5

The Steelers activated veteran nose tackle Casey Hampton and veteran running back Rashard Mendenhall from the PUP (Physically Unable to Perform) List, the team announced today.

... Mendenhall is in his fifth year with the Steelers after originally being the team’s first-round pick in the 2008 NFL Draft. Mendenhall has two 1,000-yard rushing seasons and has amassed 3,367 yards rushing in his first four years. He was recovering from a knee injury that he suffered in the 2011 regular-season finale at Cleveland.
So, maybe he'll be back starting partway into the season. It feels like many have written him off for whole season, myself included.
Wow!What are they thinking?

Did he tear both his ACL and MCL?

I don't see any way he could be ready to play anytime soon.

I am not 100% certain but isn't their a rule prohibiting players from practicing with the team who on the PUP?

Maybe they just want him in so he is able to some walk-thru type of practices so that when he is physically ready to play he will know the new offensive system, otherwise this makes no sense whatsoever since Rashard would have to be at least a month or two from even trying to play on that knee.

IIRC, Mendenhall only tore his ACL. Peterson did his ACL and MCL.Yep...

"Although Mendenhalls injury is less severe than Adrian Peterson's, Mendenhall will be in a race against time to be ready for Week 1 2012. The Pittsburgh Post-Gazette reports Mendenhall's knee sustained no other damage outside the ACL, " - Rotoworld In addition to tearing his ACL and MCL, Adrian Peterson suffered damage to both his medial and lateral meniscuses when he blew out his knee on December 24. The PCL and LCL are intact, but this was still an incredibly severe injury. - Rotoworld

I don't think this means he'll be ready Week 1, could just be that the Steelers want the option of having him prior to Week 8 -- which is when they'd get him back if he started the season on PUP.

I wouldn't read too much into this yet....

He still may very well end up on the PUP list to start the season. The Steelers probably just want to get him out there to see where he is at before training camp ends.

I wouldn't read too much into this yet....He still may very well end up on the PUP list to start the season. The Steelers probably just want to get him out there to see where he is at before training camp ends.
My understanding is that if he is activated from the active/PUP and practices he will be ineligible for the in-season reserve/PUP.

Last edited by a moderator:

He still may very well end up on the PUP list to start the season. The Steelers probably just want to get him out there to see where he is at before training camp ends.
My understanding is that if he is activated from the active/PUP and practices he will be ineligible for the in-season reserve/PUP.
Correct. From NFL.com:
Mendenhall's activation is a surprise because general manager Kevin Colbert said as recently as last week that he expected Mendenhall to start the year on the reserve/PUP list. That would have ruled Mendenhall out for the first six weeks of the season. Mendenhall is no longer eligible for the list.

I don't think this means he'll be ready Week 1, could just be that the Steelers want the option of having him prior to Week 8 -- which is when they'd get him back if he started the season on PUP.
Pretty sure they could have left him on PreSeason PUP until at least the end of August and then activated him for the regular season. No reason to take him off PUP right now if he weren't ready to practice now. Of course I guess he could start practicing now and still not be ready for week 1, but they didn't need to take him off of PUP right now just to have him eligible before week 8, they could have waited until the end of preseason to do that.
I wouldn't read too much into this yet....He still may very well end up on the PUP list to start the season. The Steelers probably just want to get him out there to see where he is at before training camp ends.
Preseason PUP - A player who, as a result of football-related injuries, is unable to take part in training camp practices may be assigned to the preseason PUP list. Players can be moved off the PUP list to the active roster at any time, even after one practice. A player cannot be placed on the PUP list, however, once he has taken the field for a practice, even if only for a few minutes.Regular-Season PUP - A player who finishes the preseason still on the PUP list can then be placed on the regular-season PUP list. Such players must sit out the first six games their team plays. At that point, teams have a three-week window in which to allow the player to begin practicing; from the day the player begins practicing, teams have an additional three-week window in which to decide whether to activate the player to the 53-man roster. If either of those deadlines pass, the player must remain on the PUP list for the remainder of the season.
Doesn't sound like he's eligible for Regular Season PUP once he is removed from PreSeason PUP.

wonder if this has anything to do with Redman and how serious his injury is....
I don't think they are related. If Mendenhall wasn't ready to practice, I doubt they rush him back just because Redman is hurt.
IMO it has everything to do with Redman's injury. Pittsburgh just became a complete wasteland for fantasy running backs this year. I think it's clear that Redman is now to be avoided. Mendy isn't pup eligible now so he's gonna be a start/sit nightmare for owners all year. If and when he does play, I wouldnt expect much out of him. Dwyer and Rainey might be your best bets for production as late round fliers. But if Mendy and/or Redman are questionable every week then you really can't count on Dwyer or Rainey much either.This is just my immediate reaction to the news and we'll have to wait and see what emerges. But at this moment The RB situation in Pittsburgh is clear as mud.

Pretty sure they could have left him on PreSeason PUP until at least the end of August and then activated him for the regular season. No reason to take him off PUP right now if he weren't ready to practice now. Of course I guess he could start practicing now and still not be ready for week 1, but they didn't need to take him off of PUP right now just to have him eligible before week 8, they could have waited until the end of preseason to do that.
Good point... maybe it's in a limited role then? Hard to believe he and Peterson are both back on the field only 7.5 or 8 months after the injuries.

All this likely means is that the Steelers probably feel he'll be ready before Week 6 and would like the option to use him if he is.

Maybe it means that Redman's MRI wasn't as "oh, it's just day-to-day" as they were letting on, but I can't feature they'd activate a guy coming off Mendenhall's injury if he wasn't seriously ready to be activated. Would be setting themselves up for another headache if he's only, say, 80% and they start getting him hit too soon.

Don't think this necessarily means he's starting come Week 1(or even Week 3 or 4) by any means, no matter what happens with Redman.

Pittsburg
That's in Kansas.

I don't think they are related. If Mendenhall wasn't ready to practice, I doubt they rush him back just because Redman is hurt.
IMO it has everything to do with Redman's injury. Pittsburg just became a complete wasteland for fantasy running backs this year.
NFL teams don't make roster decisions based on how it will affect fantasy football. The Steelers activated Mendenhall because they likely think he will be able to play sometime between week 1 and week 6 (which he wouldn't have been eligible to do if he had started the season on the PUP list). That doesn't mean he will be ready for week 1 - but does suggest that on some level they think he could be ready for week 6 or earlier.If someone can possibly explain how Redman's injury makes Mendenhall suddenly heal, I'd love to hear it. In fact, it would be in the Steeler's best interest to let Mendy stay on the PUP if they actually thought he wasn't going to be ready anyway - that'd open up the spot. The two situations are related (from a FF perspective), but the relationship isn't causal from an NFL stand point.

Good catch guys....I always thought there was a complete difference between training camp PUP and beginning the season on PUP.

So now it appears that Mendenhall will at least be an option for Pittsburgh. I can't imagine that they would burn a roster spot for a gimpy Mendenhall unless they feel he can play.

As for Redman, this doesn't sound promising....maybe the two are unrelated, but I doubt it. I think Redman may be missing some of the regular season.

Preseason PUP - A player who, as a result of football-related injuries, is unable to take part in training camp practices may be assigned to the preseason PUP list. Players can be moved off the PUP list to the active roster at any time, even after one practice. A player cannot be placed on the PUP list, however, once he has taken the field for a practice, even if only for a few minutes.Regular-Season PUP - A player who finishes the preseason still on the PUP list can then be placed on the regular-season PUP list. Such players must sit out the first six games their team plays. At that point, teams have a three-week window in which to allow the player to begin practicing; from the day the player begins practicing, teams have an additional three-week window in which to decide whether to activate the player to the 53-man roster. If either of those deadlines pass, the player must remain on the PUP list for the remainder of the season.
Doesn't sound like he's eligible for Regular Season PUP once he is removed from PreSeason PUP.
Hmmnnn.Its confusing.Why even bother with TWO designations of PUP lists if ONLY those players who begin the year on the preseason PUP are elligible for the regular season PUP?I'm sure if a player like Mendy is taken off the preseason PUP and should have a relapse of his original injury or suffer a seperate injury can then be placed on the regular season PUP otherwise they wouldn't have two types of PUP lists, they would only have one to avoid confusion.I do think that their is more to this move than meets the eye though.The Football Today podcast went over the Redman groin injury and they think it is a big deal and now the Steelers make this move.I think their is a connection between the Redman injury and this move.Per the PUP list rules, one thing is the Steelers can't put Rashard back on the pre-season PUP now so I imagine that means that if he can't play and they can't put him back on the PUP that they will have at least one roster spot locked up with Rashard till he can produce that otherwise would have gone to a ST or depth player.

Correct. From NFL.com:
Mendenhall's activation is a surprise because general manager Kevin Colbert said as recently as last week that he expected Mendenhall to start the year on the reserve/PUP list. That would have ruled Mendenhall out for the first six weeks of the season. Mendenhall is no longer eligible for the list.
Shocking. Ok, play conspiracy theory...1) This is a death knell for Redman...something's getting ready to go down with him (IR or something).

2) This is an attempt to be able to put Mendy out there to learn the new parts of the system and isn't much of anything about what he can actually do right now.

3)This is some circumvented move that is going to allow the Steelers to free up some roster spot, some money, some..something. Mendy is headed to IR (and as I type this, i can't see a scenario that fits)..

Something is up..hrmm.

Preseason PUP - A player who, as a result of football-related injuries, is unable to take part in training camp practices may be assigned to the preseason PUP list. Players can be moved off the PUP list to the active roster at any time, even after one practice. A player cannot be placed on the PUP list, however, once he has taken the field for a practice, even if only for a few minutes.

Regular-Season PUP - A player who finishes the preseason still on the PUP list can then be placed on the regular-season PUP list. Such players must sit out the first six games their team plays. At that point, teams have a three-week window in which to allow the player to begin practicing; from the day the player begins practicing, teams have an additional three-week window in which to decide whether to activate the player to the 53-man roster. If either of those deadlines pass, the player must remain on the PUP list for the remainder of the season.
Hmmnnn.Its confusing.

Why even bother with TWO designations of PUP lists if ONLY those players who begin the year on the preseason PUP are elligible for the regular season PUP?

I'm sure if a player like Mendy is taken off the preseason PUP and should have a relapse of his original injury or suffer a seperate injury can then be placed on the regular season PUP otherwise they wouldn't have two types of PUP lists, they would only have one to avoid confusion.

I do think that their is more to this move than meets the eye though.

The Football Today podcast went over the Redman groin injury and they think it is a big deal and now the Steelers make this move.

I think their is a connection between the Redman injury and this move.

Per the PUP list rules, one thing is the Steelers can't put Rashard back on the pre-season PUP now so I imagine that means that if he can't play and they can't put him back on the PUP that they will have at least one roster spot locked up with Rashard till he can produce that otherwise would have gone to a ST or depth player.
Everything I'm reading suggests that isn't the case. the language is like "IF they end the preseason on the PUP THEN they are eligble for regular season PUP." Odd.

Hampton is in his 12th season with the Steelers and has played in 157 career games with 146 career starts. A five-time Pro Bowl selection, Hampton was recovering from a knee injury in the offseason.

Mendenhall is in his fifth year with the Steelers after originally being the team’s first-round pick in the 2008 NFL Draft. Mendenhall has two 1,000-yard rushing seasons and has amassed 3,367 yards rushing in his first four years. He was recovering from a knee injury that he suffered in the 2011 regular-season finale at Cleveland.
wow Redman must be worse off than there letting on..what shambles the RB situation is in there...Forget Mendy he just has to still be months away(is modern knee surgery getting this advanced..ie: Welker AP)?...this is all about Big Ben, A Brown and Wallace once he gets back, Sanders and Miller will even have some value cuz the ball going UP UP UP in Pitt all year long or until a RB can get 100% healthy and produce and im not so sure that will happen. Its not like Pitt wasn't a pass first team for a while now anyways.

Shocking. Ok, play conspiracy theory...1) This is a death knell for Redman...something's getting ready to go down with him (IR or something).2) This is an attempt to be able to put Mendy out there to learn the new parts of the system and isn't much of anything about what he can actually do right now.3)This is some circumvented move that is going to allow the Steelers to free up some roster spot, some money, some..something. Mendy is headed to IR (and as I type this, i can't see a scenario that fits)..Something is up..hrmm.
Considering that AP tore both his ACL and MCL the week before Mendenhall did and he was recently activated from PUP without any big conspiracy theory, I'd say its more than a possibility that Mendenhall was just ready to start practicing.

Is there any substance to the "Redman to IR" posts I'm seeing? Last I read Redman was hoping to practice on Monday, seems like a pretty big turn of events if he's about to be placed on IR -- is it just people speculating or are there genuine reports out there?

Is there any substance to the "Redman to IR" posts I'm seeing? Last I read Redman was hoping to practice on Monday, seems like a pretty big turn of events if he's about to be placed on IR -- is it just people speculating or are there genuine reports out there?
Last I saw he tried to practice with the groin injury and went down on all 4s in obvious pain. Next I saw he was also deal with a "hip injury". From there he had an MRI on one or both of the injuries he's dealing with (hip and groin), and said it "went well" but wouldn't elaborate on any findings. That was yesterday. This was today. Does seem like an odd sequence of events, but I'm unsure if they are related or not.

@MarkKaboly_Trib

"Mendenhall won't play in Week 1 but obviously will be ready before Week 6. All this means its going to be a 52-man roster for a month or so."

@MarkKaboly_Trib"Mendenhall won't play in Week 1 but obviously will be ready before Week 6. All this means its going to be a 52-man roster for a month or so."
Despite his Friday activation from camp/PUP, ESPN's Adam Schefter reports that Rashard Mendenhall (ACL surgery) still won't be ready for Week 1 and "could miss most" of the Steelers' September games.

@MarkKaboly_Trib"Mendenhall won't play in Week 1 but obviously will be ready before Week 6. All this means its going to be a 52-man roster for a month or so."
Despite his Friday activation from camp/PUP, ESPN's Adam Schefter reports that Rashard Mendenhall (ACL surgery) still won't be ready for Week 1 and "could miss most" of the Steelers' September games.
They would never do this unless the Redman injury is more serious than what they have released to date.As noted above, this morning's Football Today podcast speculated that the injury to Redman could be much worse than what the Steelers have been saying.Then a few hours later they make this move.Stay tuned because I wouldn't be suprised to see Redman PUPed or even IRed.

Adam Schefter just tweeted that Redman's injury is a hip injury - he'll miss the second preseason game but could be back to practice next week - doesn't appear that Redman's injury is serious, just painful right now.Doubt that the move with Mendenhall is related.

They would never do this unless the Redman injury is more serious than what they have released to date.As noted above, this morning's Football Today podcast speculated that the injury to Redman could be much worse than what the Steelers have been saying.Then a few hours later they make this move.Stay tuned because I wouldn't be suprised to see Redman PUPed or even IRed.
Redman can't be PUP'd.

Adam Schefter just tweeted that Redman's injury is a hip injury - he'll miss the second preseason game but could be back to practice next week - doesn't appear that Redman's injury is serious, just painful right now.

Doubt that the move with Mendenhall is related.
From this morning's Football Today podcast.Go to the 16:00 mark on the podcast for the Steelers report.

This is what Ross Tucker said about the Redman MRI on his groin.

Tucker had many surgeries as a player and he seems to know quite a bit about groin injuries and gives a good insight into why a guy would have an MRI on his groin.

They must have gotten word about Mendenhall coming off the PUP because Tucker mentiones that right off the bat.

My link

... “This is a real concern.

Mendenhall is off PUP.

Dwyer hurt his shoulder, and this is a really BIG concern

cause if you get an MRI on your groin

its because its really bothering you and they don’t know what the heck the deal is.

It could be osteo it is pupis.

It could be ah sportsman’s hernia.

It could be a, a lot of different things

The end result is.

Its not a good thing for the Steelers, AT ALL

There, there havin’ serious issues now.

Now all they have at running back is Barron Batch and Chris Rainey for this upcoming game this weekend against the Colts."

Hmmnnn.

Its confusing.

Why even bother with TWO designations of PUP lists if ONLY those players who begin the year on the preseason PUP are elligible for the regular season PUP?

I'm sure if a player like Mendy is taken off the preseason PUP and should have a relapse of his original injury or suffer a seperate injury can then be placed on the regular season PUP otherwise they wouldn't have two types of PUP lists, they would only have one to avoid confusion.

The Football Today podcast went over the Redman groin injury and they think it is a big deal and now the Steelers make this move.

Per the PUP list rules, one thing is the Steelers can't put Rashard back on the pre-season PUP now so I imagine that means that if he can't play and they can't put him back on the PUP that they will have at least one roster spot locked up with Rashard till he can produce that otherwise would have gone to a ST or depth player.
The bolded is incorrect.In order for a player to be placed on the regular season reserve/PUP, they must have started the preseason on the PUP (therefore unable to practice) and remained there the entire preseason. If a player either begins training camp on the active roster (practicing) or is activated from the preseason PUP (and practices) during the course of the preseason, he forfeits eligibility for the regular season PUP.

In the event of a Mendenhall relapse or separate injury, the Steelers options would be to carry him on the active roster or IR him only.

Just remembered Steelers have an early Week 4 bye. They could be targeting Mendenhall for a Week 5 return on October 7th. That would be a little over nine months from the injury as well.

Hmmnnn.

Its confusing.

The bolded is incorrect.In order for a player to be placed on the regular season reserve/PUP, they must have started the preseason on the PUP (therefore unable to practice) and remained there the entire preseason. If a player either begins training camp on the active roster (practicing) or is activated from the preseason PUP (and practices) during the course of the preseason, he forfeits eligibility for the regular season PUP.

In the event of a Mendenhall relapse or separate injury, the Steelers options would be to carry him on the active roster or IR him only.
Wow.No wonder I was confused, lol.

I would rephrase the above legaleze jumbly#### into a more user friendly football guys version of explaining the PUP list.

Very simple Football Guys version of the PUP list rule.

PRESEASON PUP

If a player goes on PRESEASON PUP and comes off and practices with the team he cannot go on regular season PUP.

Pretty easy and simple and straight forward way to say the same thing.

REGULAR SEASON PUP

All players are elligble for REGULAR SEASON PUP with one exception. Those players who came off of the PRESEASON PUP and practiced with the team are not elligble for the REGULAR SEASON PUP.

Is that correct? Seems like the Football Guys version makes it easier to understand if I have it correct.

Wow.

No wonder I was confused, lol.

I would rephrase the above legaleze jumbly#### into a more user friendly football guys version of explaining the PUP list.

PRESEASON PUP

If a player goes on PRESEASON PUP and comes off and practices with the team he cannot go on regular season PUP.

REGULAR SEASON PUP

All players are elligble for REGULAR SEASON PUP with one exception. Those players who came off of the PRESEASON PUP and practiced with the team are not elligble for the REGULAR SEASON PUP.

Is that correct? Seems like the Football Guys version makes it easier to understand if I have it correct.
It is correct except for the all players elgibile for the regular season PUP blanket statement. The exception you gave is true, but a player must also begin training camp on the preseason PUP to be eligible for the regular season PUP. In other words, if a player begins training camp on the active roster and practicing he loses PUP eligibility. :loco:

IMO it has everything to do with Redman's injury. Pittsburg just became a complete wasteland for fantasy running backs this year.
NFL teams don't make roster decisions based on how it will affect fantasy football. The Steelers activated Mendenhall because they likely think he will be able to play sometime between week 1 and week 6 (which he wouldn't have been eligible to do if he had started the season on the PUP list). That doesn't mean he will be ready for week 1 - but does suggest that on some level they think he could be ready for week 6 or earlier.

If someone can possibly explain how Redman's injury makes Mendenhall suddenly heal, I'd love to hear it. In fact, it would be in the Steeler's best interest to let Mendy stay on the PUP if they actually thought he wasn't going to be ready anyway - that'd open up the spot.

The two situations are related (from a FF perspective), but the relationship isn't causal from an NFL stand point.
Dude, when did anyone claim it was fantasy related? :confused: With a healthy Redman, they have the luxury of being cautious with Mendy and let him sit on the PUP for the first 6 games. With an unhealthy Redman, they don't. And Dwyer is just now getting back to practices with his shoulder issue.

Coming back from injury isn't an exact science. There is uncertainty and risk involved. I think it's safe to say that Redman's injury has caused them to re-consider whether it's necessary or not to have Mendy active for games before week 7.

When the coaching staff is hinting that he's PUP bound less than a week ago and now does a 180 after Redman's injury, it looks like the two might just be related.

PRESEASON PUP

REGULAR SEASON PUP

I'm not sure why you are saying all players are eligible for Regular Season PUP? It's pretty simple, the only time any player can be designated for the PUP list is at the beginning of the preseason. In order to go on regular season PUP, they would have to have stayed on the Preseason PUP for the entire pre-season and never practiced. As far as I can tell the only real delination between the two PUP lists is that during preseason a guy can be activated at anytime, whereas once the preseason ends, if they remain on PUP during regular season they cannot be activated until after 6 games.

I'm not sure why you are saying all players are eligible for Regular Season PUP? It's pretty simple, the only time any player can be designated for the PUP list is at the beginning of the preseason. In order to go on regular season PUP, they would have to have stayed on the Preseason PUP for the entire pre-season and never practiced. As far as I can tell the only real delination between the two PUP lists is that during preseason a guy can be activated at anytime, whereas once the preseason ends, if they remain on PUP during regular season they cannot be activated until after 6 games.
:goodposting:

'J Giles Band said:
'NJ said:
Keep in mind if a player is on the PUP list they can use an EXTRA ROSTER SPOT, and at the same time wait for the player to come back midseason. So essentially they are tying up a roster spot that could be used for a player cut during camp, or a veteran RB.. Anything. Clearly thats not the case and I dont see any reason you hold up an extra roster spot when you KNOW A GUY CANT PLAY in 6 weeks. So I think it has a lot more to do with they think Mendenhall has a chance to play they anything else including Redman injury although the timing is interesting. I would say if I didnt have a prognosis of 4 weeks I wouldnt chance taking him off PUP. Any healthy player on the roster is better than one you know wont play!

'J Giles Band said:
'NJ said:
Keep in mind if a player is on the PUP list they can use an EXTRA ROSTER SPOT, and at the same time wait for the player to come back midseason. So essentially they are tying up a roster spot that could be used for a player cut during camp, or a veteran RB.. Anything. Clearly thats not the case and I dont see any reason you hold up an extra roster spot when you KNOW A GUY CANT PLAY in 6 weeks. So I think it has a lot more to do with they think Mendenhall has a chance to play they anything else including Redman injury although the timing is interesting. I would say if I didnt have a prognosis of 4 weeks I wouldnt chance taking him off PUP. Any healthy player on the roster is better than one you know wont play!
Thanks for clearing that up.PUP ONLY pertains to injuries in the preseason.If a player is placed on the PUP they can't practice with the team. Once they are taken off the PUP and practice with the team then they are inelligable to be placed back on the PUP.The benefit to the team is they free up a roster spot.The detriment is the player cannot practice with the team and the player cannot be activated for at leat the first six weeks of the regular season.-----------------Now I get it and it also clears up another mystery that I've had for awhile pertaining to the inordinate number of players who get placed on IR for the last couple of weeks of the regular season.I've noticed this and figured their must be a reason and its due to the fact that teams have players who limp into the final game and they want to get a look at the players on their practice squad. That much I figured out but I did not realize that any injury that didn't carry over from the preseason was inelligable for the PUP list. For some reason I thought the league had some way to put injured players on a list instead of only having the IR which prevents them from playing for the rest of the regular season.Thanks again.

Awkward, bc I have heard pittsburghs gm on multiple occasions state how he does not feel the player coming off an acl injury is not truly healthy or really ready until two years after the tear? With mendy a free agent, they probably pkan on running him into the ground. I think redman is more hurt than being alluded to

Users who are viewing this thread