What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Mendenhall vs Ravens (1 Viewer)

degenerate

Footballguy
anyone have game by game stats for mendy against baltimore? if he has ever done anything i may not consider him a must bench. thanks

anyone have game by game stats for mendy against baltimore? if he has ever done anything i may not consider him a must bench. thanks
it's bad, many people benched him in the first matchup and he had a bad game there.Sadly, i don't have a decent alternative.So I'll roll him out there and get my 35-40 yards... i just hope I get lucky and it comes with a TD

He did have 2 TDs against them week 4 last year (where he was also at home as he will be this coming weekend).

'Dentist said:
'degenerate said:
it's bad, many people benched him in the first matchup and he had a bad game there.Sadly, i don't have a decent alternative.So I'll roll him out there and get my 35-40 yards... i just hope I get lucky and it comes with a TD
I'm in the same boat, he's been killing me this year.

Rookie year, 1 game, went 9/30/0 before his collarbone was broken.

2009, 1st meeting : 24/95/0 (L)

2009, 2nd meeting : 17/36/1 (W)

2010, 1st meeting : 25/79/2 (L)

2010, 2nd meeting : 19/45/0 (W)

2011, 1st meeting : 12/45/0 (L)

So, regular season per game (not counting game ended early) : 60 yards and .6 TDs per game

I thought I remembered him doing well against them last year so I checked..sure enough in week 4 at home he had 90 yards from scrimmage, caught 2 passes and scored twice (21.80 points). His other game at Baltimore he ran for 45 and caught 3 passes for 18 yards (7.8 points). FWIW, the year before @ Baltimore he ran for 95 yards and caught 2 passes for 22 (12.70 points) and at home he ran for 36, caught a pass for a few yards and scored a TD (8.5 points)

Averaging 12.7 point per game against them for me. Not bad.

I'm benching him this week. He's a RB2 at best right now and I hate the matchup vs the Ravens. Also factor in that Redman and Moore are getting more touches.

Last edited by a moderator:
Code:
Year	Att	Yds	TD	Rec	Yds	TD2008	9	30	0	1	6	02009	24	95	0	2	22	02009	17	36	1	1	4	02010	25	79	2	2	9	02010	19	45	0	3	18	02010	20	46	2	1	13	02011	12	45	0	0	0	0

Bench him at your own risk, IMO. Baltimore was the top ranked rushing defense last year when Mendy blew up for 20+ points against them. This is one of those games that you try to get cute, play the match-ups and bench your starting RB, only to end up smacking your head in disgust Monday morning. Tough, divisional game at home against your biggest rival. This game is going to be about ball and clock control. Maybe I'm crazy but I see this as being the type of game that isn't won through the air, but through their RB. Mendy is still by far the best RB on that team and should get a healthy number of carries.

100+/TD... :popcorn:

With this match-up and how many touches he's getting I don't think you can start him unless you just don't have a choice as 13 touches against this "D" will not get you what you're looking for IMO!

Bench him at your own risk, IMO. Baltimore was the top ranked rushing defense last year when Mendy blew up for 20+ points against them. This is one of those games that you try to get cute, play the match-ups and bench your starting RB, only to end up smacking your head in disgust Monday morning. Tough, divisional game at home against your biggest rival. This game is going to be about ball and clock control. Maybe I'm crazy but I see this as being the type of game that isn't won through the air, but through their RB. Mendy is still by far the best RB on that team and should get a healthy number of carries.100+/TD... :popcorn:
:goodposting: This is my concern and why I may end up starting him. This seems like a grind it out, ball control type of game. 70 yards and a touch would do Mendy owners just fine in this one.

He was running really well this weekend and the Steelers inexplicably took him out and gave an entire drive to Redman. Thought he was hurt or something but he wasn't. When he got the ball he ran well, but he needs more than 13 carries. Give him 22 against the Ravens and he will net you 100 and a score, but Pitt looks like a throwing team now.

Didnt a banged up Beanie get like 75 and a TD last week vs Baltimore?
If Flacco plays like he has the past 2 weeks, Mendy will get a repeat.BAL's DEF woes in the past 2 are ALL on Flacco's shoulders. Hard to play well when you get 2mins rest on D, and your QB has you pinned in your own half on the steady cuz of turnovers.'Namsayin?

Bench him at your own risk, IMO. Baltimore was the top ranked rushing defense last year when Mendy blew up for 20+ points against them. This is one of those games that you try to get cute, play the match-ups and bench your starting RB, only to end up smacking your head in disgust Monday morning. Tough, divisional game at home against your biggest rival. This game is going to be about ball and clock control. Maybe I'm crazy but I see this as being the type of game that isn't won through the air, but through their RB. Mendy is still by far the best RB on that team and should get a healthy number of carries.

100+/TD... :popcorn:
Baltimore and Pittsburgh, believe it or not, have both become passing teams in the last year or two. OK, Baltimore passes to their RB most of the time, but ground and pound has died a quick, painless death in the Northeast.

Bench him at your own risk, IMO. Baltimore was the top ranked rushing defense last year when Mendy blew up for 20+ points against them. This is one of those games that you try to get cute, play the match-ups and bench your starting RB, only to end up smacking your head in disgust Monday morning. Tough, divisional game at home against your biggest rival. This game is going to be about ball and clock control. Maybe I'm crazy but I see this as being the type of game that isn't won through the air, but through their RB. Mendy is still by far the best RB on that team and should get a healthy number of carries.100+/TD... :popcorn:
Pittsburgh riding pretty high right now, currently the class of the AFC; whereas the Ravens have been less than stellar as of late ... the Stillers would love nothing more than to punch this team right back in the friggin' face, after the #### kickin' the Ravens doled out in week 1.Easier said than done, of course, and Pittsburgh has been all about Ben/passing game for the most part, offensively. But I have a gut feeling that this team greatly rises up, and Mendy has a very productive day as a result. A rising tide lifts all boats ...

He was running really well this weekend and the Steelers inexplicably took him out and gave an entire drive to Redman. Thought he was hurt or something but he wasn't. When he got the ball he ran well, but he needs more than 13 carries. Give him 22 against the Ravens and he will net you 100 and a score, but Pitt looks like a throwing team now.
Their coach has said since the beginning of the season that they wanted Redman to get a series in each half.

but Pitt looks like a throwing team now.
Right here is the "problem." Pittsburgh pretty much IS a throwing team now, and it really should be given the way they're set up personnel-wise right now, but the rub is that they just won't throw the damn ball to Mendenhall/let him take a bigger piece of the third down role. They've kept rolling Moore out there in that 3rd down spot and I'm not certain why. Rashard has greatly improved at blitz pickup over the past couple seasons and his hands aren't bad. Dunno if it's an issue with his head/it's merely an attempt to not wear him down.As a Mendenhall owner it's frustrating, but I don't expect it'll change much. The offense has been moving the ball, and winning, with them using the rotation they have going now. Doubt they screw around with it unless someone gets hurt. Crossing my fingers that since they did so well spreading out the Pats last week that they keep trying that. At least Mendenhall seems to do more with his carries from that set.

Users who are viewing this thread