What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Merits of owning two Colts LBs? (1 Viewer)

Dave Larkin

I managed to draft both Clint Session and Gary Brackett a few weeks back during my draft. Usually I am not a big proponent of taking two guys from the same team, but in this case I made the exception. However, after reviewing my LB corps as a whole, I am considering trading one of them to acquire another LB of similar quality.

Here is my LB corps (not including Session and Brackett):

Curtis Lofton

Larry Foote

Rey Maualuga

Will Witherspoon

I acquired two stud DEs and thus I wasn't able to get that true LB2.

So what do you recommend, fellas? Do I ship one of the Colts LBs for another LB or do I keep both and put two eggs in one basket?

Thanks

Session is more valuable fantasy wise (even though Bracket is in real-life the more important player on the Colts D). But, I assume that most players know Session is more valuable - so you may get more for him, too. I'd trade one of them if you can get any value - especially if you can trade Brackett.

In a vacuum -- no bye week issues, etc -- you want the best players available at each position. I wouldn't be too worried about the "eggs in one basket" issue if you've got good players. There have been plenty of seasons in which two linebackers from the same team finished highly in the rankings. Brackett and Session may not be Urlacher/Briggs or Beason/Davis, but both have top 30 potential.

In a vacuum -- no bye week issues, etc -- you want the best players available at each position. I wouldn't be too worried about the "eggs in one basket" issue if you've got good players. There have been plenty of seasons in which two linebackers from the same team finished highly in the rankings. Brackett and Session may not be Urlacher/Briggs or Beason/Davis, but both have top 30 potential.
So you suggest hanging on to both of them?

I was hoping to keep the discussion fairly general, rather than answer as a specific team advice request that we'd prefer to keep in the IDP AC. :goodposting:I'm not at all concerned about having two players from the same team -- you drafted them (presumably) because they were the best talent available. I wouldn't deal either of them and get a lesser player in return just because they play on the same team. If you're getting something that makes your team better or doesn't hurt your lineup, only then I would consider moving one of them. There's a pretty deep group of guys in that LB2/3 tier, so you can probably find an equal swap to ease the discomfort of having two Colt backers.Right now, I think there's an argument that Brackett and Session are your LB2 and LB3. I'd have both of them at least a half tier ahead of Witherspoon (and Foote), with Brackett ahead of Session until the OLB situation is fully settled. If Session earns the every-down WLB job, he's in the same tier as Brackett. If he's an every-down SLB, he's somewhere between Witherspoon and Brackett.

I was hoping to keep the discussion fairly general, rather than answer as a specific team advice request that we'd prefer to keep in the IDP AC. :hifive:I'm not at all concerned about having two players from the same team -- you drafted them (presumably) because they were the best talent available. I wouldn't deal either of them and get a lesser player in return just because they play on the same team. If you're getting something that makes your team better or doesn't hurt your lineup, only then I would consider moving one of them. There's a pretty deep group of guys in that LB2/3 tier, so you can probably find an equal swap to ease the discomfort of having two Colt backers.Right now, I think there's an argument that Brackett and Session are your LB2 and LB3. I'd have both of them at least a half tier ahead of Witherspoon (and Foote), with Brackett ahead of Session until the OLB situation is fully settled. If Session earns the every-down WLB job, he's in the same tier as Brackett. If he's an every-down SLB, he's somewhere between Witherspoon and Brackett.
Thanks for the advice, Jene. I think the best option is to keep them both aswell. I will keep an eye on the waiver wire for another couple of LBs to supplement my current LB corps.

Users who are viewing this thread